Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

It happened. My parents found out.

DoctorWhovian1902

That's such an epic trailer! I wish I had shown that to my parents when I began to like the show. My mom was a big fan of My Little Pony when she was a kid so she was okay with it and my dad doesn't really care.

• Brohoof 1

I think I have it kind of lucky, because I come from a nerdy, psychologist family, where you can state basically any theory or opinion and be able to discuss it properly. So, when my parents found out about the entire phenomenon, I just told them that a group of introverts wanted to unite under a common banner which would also blur the lines of sexual bias (they were always being called "fags", so why not do something that an average teen would call "gay", and enjoy it?). So, they flipped on My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic, and what did they find? Did they find pastel ponies? Yes. Did they find unicorns and pegasi? Yes. Did they find tricycles and tea parties? Nope. What did they find instead? A legitimately good, funny show, with Spongebob-like adult humour, not to mention some damn good animation.

• Brohoof 1

My parents still think im weird but after a few months, accepting it seems to be more and more within reach.

happiness and love is something ALWAYS worth fighting for. no matter what others say.

As long as we know that we are the good guys, just remember: the good guys always come out on top.

Unless youre in a saw movie........... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

• Brohoof 1

I think its interesting but I'm 23 and I no longer live with my parents so they couldn't make any comments about what I do or don't watch. But when I have been to visit, my teenage brother has put ponies on and my parents just sit down and watch it without comment. Its not that they would go out of the way to watch it on their own but they don't object to it being on either. They have been like that my whole life in regard to "kids" shows and stuff. I just think its kind of cool.

• Brohoof 1

I guess I'm one of the few lucky people when it comes to this topic. They are very open minded and don't find anything weird and are very quick to accept things or say yes to things for example when I was 10 I wanted to get my ear pierced so I told my parents and my dad said okay, we got dinner and then got my ear pierced that night same thing with dying my hair. I went up to my parents and said I like MLP:FIM and they were like okay then I explained bronies and they thought that was cool. My mom even watched like five episodes with me.

• Brohoof 1

Their is a really obnoxious guy in my room. He always goes over to me and screams "BRONY" . I do not know what to do. I have tried to be proud of being a brony but when I try talk to him about love and tolerance he treats it like a blow to me. HE USES "BRONY" as an insult. I feel really sorry for gays because their name has become outright sinumous with 'sucky' so things like 'gay pride' becomes 'sucky pride'

If love and tolerance fails, you can always resort to going over to him and screaming "ARSE-HAT".

Good ole' fashioned fight-troll-with-countertroll maneuver.

Or you could ignore him, but that won't last long. :unsure:

My parents were pretty lax about the whole thing. At school, besides the more 'normal' peeps, I was also okay to say I was a brony (even though most people didn't recognize the word). I'm currently trying to show two people mlp with "The Last Roundup". I'm working on getting some mlp t shirts, as I feel that's another good way to express bronyhood.

• Brohoof 1

My parents have known since the beginning, and its not that bad, except for the occasional complaint about watching the how or spending too much time here on the forums.

Yeah, my parents don't know I come onto the MLP Forums. As it is, they're already bound to give me a hard time about watching the show, the last thing I need is another thing related to it that they can hate on. Really, they've kind of made the show (and Minecraft, because I'm really into that as well) the scapegoat of all problems for me. I'm working on what to do, but they seem to be pretty set on hating the show despite me liking it. They aren't really accepting, to be honest, even though they always come at me saying I need to be more open-minded. Hypocrites.

Yeah, my parents don't know I come onto the MLP Forums. As it is, they're already bound to give me a hard time about watching the show, the last thing I need is another thing related to it that they can hate on. Really, they've kind of made the show (and Minecraft, because I'm really into that as well) the scapegoat of all problems for me. I'm working on what to do, but they seem to be pretty set on hating the show despite me liking it. They aren't really accepting, to be honest, even though they always come at me saying I need to be more open-minded. Hypocrites.

Oh. My parents (my whole family, in fact) play Minecraft, so that's not a problem for me.

I would say keep your talk about ponies to a minimum while your around, and try not to talk about ponies where they can find it easily on the Internet.

Oh. My parents (my whole family, in fact) play Minecraft, so that's not a problem for me.

I would say keep your talk about ponies to a minimum while your around, and try not to talk about ponies where they can find it easily on the Internet.

Lucky, my parents are indifferent to Minecraft, but my dad hasn't played it (yet anyways...). I agree, I won't talk about the show too much, especially considering they already claimed to have done some "research" on the show that somehow proved that we're all weird. If they'd let me show them some episodes, however, things could have gone very differently...then again, maybe not.

• Brohoof 1