Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

you have way too much time on your hands.

This is a good thing.

I think pinkie/AJ/Twilight had best childhoods with fluttershy/RD/rarity having been abandoned/left behind. Rarity in particular

why does no one care when rarity disappears and gets dragged off to the rock? she was gone for at least a day (based on transition speed for that scene). I just find it weird that that she doesn't mention being missed once.

same with fluttershy, why did no one go looking for her? and to make it worse, everyone saw her fall. It wasn't like rarity whooves disappeared without anyone seeing.

RD may have run away from laid, if only it didn't go against her loyalty element. She had a rough childhood, and was proberbly orphaned

Edited by Broniesinarms

Sorry, this a little off topic. It is more to do with origins than parents. When Fluttershy fell to the surface, she didn't say what happened after that. I wonder if she may have started living in Ponyville then, and never went back home in Cloudsdale. Also, I think Rainbow Dash moved to Ponyville years later.

I'd imagine Fluttershy had aged parents living in Cloudsdale

I'm pretty certain Applejack's parents are intended to be dead, and Applebloom was probably VERY young when it happened, hence why we don't see her when AJ returns home from Manehattan

Rarity may have been an emancipated teenager, if you look at her working hard before getting her cutie mark. Her parents may have moved on, split up etc, who knows, but I think she's lived alone a long time. Where Sweety Belle lives is a mystery

Scootaloo is the biggest mystery to me

Pinkie Pie has the most fleshed out parental background of the whole Mane Six. All we need is a concrete reason why she moved to Ponyville. Her parents and sisters probably tired of her newfound frivolity.

Twilight's parents are second in actual show canon. I don't think they speak, just a nodding sound and a neigh when she is chosen as Celestia's personal protege. I would say much of Twilight's OCD comes from them. Being residents of Canterlot, the Equestrian center of politics, magics, and high society, they probably placed a lot of pressure on a young Twilight. I don't think they're shown anymore because Twilight doesn't miss them. Her mentor has completely replaced them as parental figures.

Rarity's parents are dead. Her personal drive to be the best designer is augmented by the fact that if she fails, she will not only fail herself, but the only loved one she has left. (This is just my head canon, probably too much for a "kids" show, but it feels right to me.)

Applejack's parents most likely started another branch of the Apple Family farms somewhere else in Equestria. Needing to expand business but with Granny Smith getting on in years (with no Grandpa Apple in sight, but that's a whole new box of apples to get into), they left Big Mac, Applejack, and Applebloom in her care/as new workers.

I think Fluttershy would be the orphan of the group. It would help to explain her reluctance to trust new ponies and her overly reserved personality, not to mention her *ahem* extreme desire to be loved. (Example below.)

I don't really have a theory about Rainbow Dash yet, I don't think we've seen enough of her personality to put any kind of potential upbringing to her. *shrug* Maybe there'll be a RD heavy episode this season and we'll have some more canon to chew on.

• Brohoof 1

So, we already know some of the pony's families, especially Pinkie, AJ, and Twi's family, but we don't know anthing about the other 3's.

So let's discuss what we think their families are like! Maybe they don't have a family! Maybe the parents live in canterlot, or manehatten. Maybe their brother is one of the wonderbolts!

And cannon families: discuss what they are really like. Why did Pinkie's dad own a rock farm? (besides the obvious) Or, do you think BigMac and Applebloom get along?

Now go! Discuss pony-family relationships!

Posted Image

There's 3 of the same pony, who look just like an older Apple Bloom. Now we know what she'll look like when she's older. A typical family member.

But on the subject of families, you're forgetting Applejack's aunt and uncle. They have oranges as cutie marks, so do they have the same surname?

But on the subject of families, you're forgetting Applejack's aunt and uncle. They have oranges as cutie marks, so do they have the same surname?

Aunt and Uncle Orange? I think that WAS their name.

Like Mr and Mrs Cake

Well we got a small peak at Rarity's parents, from the looks of it, it seems as if Sweetie Belle lives with them and not Rarity.

Someone tell me when they make fan-fic about Rarity being adopted, I'm in the mood for a sad story :(

Then there's Rarity, another clear cut case: Her family is in one of the larger cities living high society life as artisans or something similar, but Rarity wished to stay in her hometown of childhood age because her friends were there and it is near the capital (Canterlot) allowing her easy access to the markets and fashion world of the capital.

Is it bad of me if I laugh at this one.

Sorry, this a little off topic. It is more to do with origins than parents. When Fluttershy fell to the surface, she didn't say what happened after that. I wonder if she may have started living in Ponyville then, and never went back home in Cloudsdale. Also, I think Rainbow Dash moved to Ponyville years later.

Actually, Rainbow Dash STILL lives in Cloudsdale.

I thought that she just had a cloud home above Ponyville.

In Party of One Pinkie has to go up to Cloudsdale to invite her, she has a big cloud house there :)

Out of the 3 whose parents haven't been shown yet, who is most likely to be orphaned (deceased parents)? I'll say Fluttershy.

I'm with you on this one. Fluttershy is probably an orphan, if not then Rarity is adopted :P Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

Well, we have finally seen Rarity and Sweetie Bell's parents. It would seem Sweetie Bell still lives with their parents, and lives close enough (probably in Ponyville), that she can spend a lot of time with Rarity. I think that Rarity and Sweetie Bell both grew up in Ponyville.

Edited by Slendermane

I've been reading this thread and I disagree with everything people are saying about AJ having dead parents.

People should suggest parents are dead.

Being dead isn't fun.

Pinkie Pie doesn't like being unfun.

Write fanfics about alive things.

No I will not read Cupcakes.

Howeverrrrrr~

I just assume AJ's parents are living on a different farm, as traveling doesn't really seem like a viable idea seeing as no decent parent would leave a filly as young as Apple Bloom whilst they go on holiday. But lets just say that the kids are staying with Granny Smith because she's getting on a bit and she can't keep up with all of the farm work on her own.

It's not really that wrong of an assumption to believe her parents dead.

She lives on a farm alone with her brother and sister, with Big Mac as a paternal figure. When she was only a filly she went to Manehattan to stay with family, if her parent's were alive it's likely she would have either lived with them at the time or had gone back to them.

Looks to me like her parents are dead :(