Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I can't even remember seeing anything about Rarity's parent's though. I think i need to re watch some episodes.

This is their one major appearance that I am aware of:

I'm going to assume for a minute that pegasi families have a traditional family structure instead of communal raising of the young as some have implied.  I can think of two things regarding Fluttershy's parents.  One, after she returned from her trip to the ground and told her parents about her wonderful experience with ground level animals, they decided to move to Ponyville.  Two, her parents refused to leave Cloudsdale and Fluttershy chose to run away from home.  The second possibility is far darker and I don't know if they'd want to go into detail about it. 

• Brohoof 1

As far as the show goes, Fluttershy's parents haven't yet gotten an appearance in it. There are tons of adorable pictures of Fluttershy as a filly and her mom, but they're all fan art. 

And because she is by far my favorite pony, it pains me to not know of her parents :(

We don't even know any information on RD's father except for his appearance. He could be a big brother for all we know, not sure where AJ's parents are though. They haven't showed up in any Family Reunions, even when AJ was just a foal. 

Season 4 may have at least an episode with an appearance of her parent(s). We can only hope though.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are Rainbowdash's, Flutters, and Spike's Family?

So far we only know that Rainbow Dash might have a dad or an older brother, and that Spike was hatched from an egg, but other than that we have no proof of any other family members.

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow dash's family probably still lives in Cloudsdale as long as they're still alive, his dad was shown(Or whats suspected to be his dad) in "Games ponies play" and spike was of course an egg, so his parents are probably far far away by now.

As for Fluttershy who knows, her's are the most mysterious ones really, the only ones we don't really have any leadway for, I don't really know about hers, I just assume she left them after leaving Cloudsdale or something, but they have yet to show up so they're either dead or they just never bothered to show up.

• Brohoof 4

I agree with you in most points, Zygen...

I loved the scene with Rainbows (possible) dad, Spike as a dragon, don´t know, how did Celestia get this egg for Twilights exam huh.png

mysterious...

And Fluttershy, I don´t know, I could interprete (?) so much, but I don´t wanna, she has her secret.

I like to think that Spike's family abandoned him as an egg because they were under attack by an Ursa Major, then Spike was later found by a merchant who later sold him to the Canterlot educational system. (not really, i just made this up)

Edited by Dr. Love

That is one of the most frequently asked questions by Bronies, and I don't think anyone really knows for sure. We've seen what we believe to e RD's dad, but we haven't seen any other parents/families of the other Pegasi.

vlcsnap-2013-02-09-16h17m48s236.png

The rainbow-maned colt is most-likely Dashie's father while the pink-maned mare is probably her mom.

Fluttershy's family remains unknown. So does Spikes.

I think that Flutter-family might be shown, but I don't think they will ever give us some informations about Spike's.

• Brohoof 1

img-1265214-1-vlcsnap-2013-02-09-16h17m4

The rainbow-maned colt is most-likely Dashie's father while the pink-maned mare is probably her mom.

Fluttershy's family remains unknown. So does Spikes.

I think that Flutter-family might be shown, but I don't think they will ever give us some informations about Spike's.

Well the most popular idea is that Dash was only raised by her father. Would make sense given Rainbow's personality

I do believe that Fluttershy's family might be shown or mentioned later on. It's a possibilty given we got Rainbow's suppose father a cameo in a episode not dedicated to him. So it's possible.

I don't know about Spike. It seems unlikely we will hear about his parents.

But I we should hear about his parents or they mention something about them, then that would create a lot of spark.

The following topics have been merged together into one, and renamed 'Parents & Families':

-'Families?'

-'Fluttershy's parents?'

-'Why don't our three main pegasi have families?'

-'Who's Your Daddy? *Parent Theories*'

-'Family Theories'

-'Conspiracy Theories - Main Character Family Members'

While all of these topics have different approaches, they all beat around the same bush. That bush is known as 'discussing the parents of the main and side characters, discussing why we haven't seen the parents of some of them', etc. It is far more organized to create one super topic on the matter, and is also easier to merge future topics asking the same general thing.

• Brohoof 1

Well the most popular idea is that Dash was only raised by her father. Would make sense given Rainbow's personality

I do believe that Fluttershy's family might be shown or mentioned later on. It's a possibilty given we got Rainbow's suppose father a cameo in a episode not dedicated to him. So it's possible.

I don't know about Spike. It seems unlikely we will hear about his parents.

But I we should hear about his parents or they mention something about them, then that would create a lot of spark.

I think RD's father is a given now, but I wonder if the two mares staring at her are her mom and older sister? They could just be background ponies reacting to a bratty filly. Of course everything depends on the writers. Fandom is great but can never be truth. It's a shame the writers haven't been asked or answered this question in a forum.

I think this has been said before, but oh well.

Maybe the fact she's so into animals is because her parents aren't around anymore.

Not sure about Fluttershy's parents.They probaly must've died a while ago or maybe they live really far away from Ponyville.

I am going to disagree with the idea that Fluttershys parents are dead. Remember in the last episode of season 3, Fluttershy was at the balloon rental and said she was going home. So this has to be a sign that either one or both of her parents are still alive. 

• Brohoof 1

Well we already know about Pinkie, Twi, Rarity, and of course, Applejack.

For Fluttershy, we have no idea what her family was like. We need an episode for this.

For Rainbow Dash, I believe we saw her dad in Games Ponies Play. For those who didn't notice this, go watch that episode and look who at the pony RD stands on in her flashbacks about Cloudsdale not being the location for the Games. I believe the pony she stood on was RD'S Dad.

• 10 years later...

i like that that thread left off before fluttershy's family were properly introduced. They live in Cloudsdale, not much other than Zephyr being... himself, I guess. 

and I guess before dashy's family was shown too

I don't have much to say right now other than they're all nice. though pinkie's parents need to lighten up just a little, in my opinion :P