Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I know this sounds crazy, but if according to what you said, could Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy be related????  :huh:  Okay, most likely not. Just a thought though.

In my headcanon, RD is an only child, so no. But I suppose it could work! Would shed a brand new light on their relationship. Interesting theory and one that I never had heard nor thought about before though.  :)

It's entirely possible that pegasi are culturally less family-driven than the other pony types. In Hearth's Warming Eve, pegasi are shown as being more militant and very 'Spartan'-like (or least comic-book Spartan rather than historical Spartan.)  It may be that once a pegasis is capable of leaving the 'nest' they are basically on their own and parents are expected to turn over any further raising of the child to the community in general rather than a nuclear family.

• 3 weeks later...

Who raised these ponies!?

I just wanted to form a discussion on actual, biological parental units with the exception of Pinkie Pie's grandmother, Yes, We already have insight to some parents, such as Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and the most recent discovery that AppleJack's parents are in fact deceased. But there is so much more to be discussed.

DO NO PEGASI HAVE BLOODY PARENTS? Rainbow Dash, FlutterShy, Scootaloo, Derpy. Where are these ponies' families?

Go at it.

Cut throats if you must. Fanfiction and fanart it up in here!

Also, i would also like to include that i think the most beautifully portrayed parent has to be Rainbow Dash's mom.She's always drawn so elegantly.

http://youtu.be/F_n7Rd5F4fo

http://youtu.be/8mK8vkOngF8

Get to it Bronies <3

:lol:;):huh::D <_< :wacko:

Edited by SkyeRibbonPony

Hm....Well we all know about Pinkie's parents. They showed Pinkamena.. tehee. Cupcake? >:P

Not sure about Applejack's PARENTS, But there she only has Granny Smith, Applebloom, And big macontosh

Twilight: Yes, saw her parents in the clip when she was a filly and they showed how she got her cutiemark.

Rarity: not shure.

Rainbow Dash: There are fan fiction and art and all that, but im pretty sure her mother isn't revealed in any episode.

Fluttershy: Haven't heard of her parents whatsoever.

But people keep in mind that this is a LITTLE KIDS show. Do us bronies DESPERATELY need to know about their parents. Its not excatly necessary...

Brohoof for first comment :P

• Brohoof 1

Pegasi are not born, they are hatched in a giant pool of rainbows buried deep within Cloudsdale.

[/crackpottheories]

I imagine that Scootaloo has parents - or, at least, caring guardians; after all, someone must've been keeping her safe over the years (as we've seen in the show that she has less-than-ideal concern for her own well-being :D).

As for the rest of the pegasi - my headcanon is basically that once pegasi learn to fly, they wind up a lot more independent and their parents start taking a much less active (or even nonexistent) role in their lives.  Fluttershy, for example, "fell" down to earth as the rough equivalent of an early adolescent, and I don't imagine she then went back up to live with her parents/guardians in a cloud city.

• Brohoof 2

Hm....Well we all know about Pinkie's parents. They showed Pinkamena.. tehee. Cupcake? > :P

Not sure about Applejack's PARENTS, But there she only has Granny Smith, Applebloom, And big macontosh

Twilight: Yes, saw her parents in the clip when she was a filly and they showed how she got her cutiemark.

Rainbow Dash: There are fan fiction and art and all that, but im pretty sure her mother isn't revealed in any episode.

But people keep in mind that this is a LITTLE KIDS show. Do us bronies DESPERATELY need to know about their parents. Its not excatly necessary...

Rarity's parents appeared in "Sisterhooves Social" at the very beginning of the episode I believe. You know, the Pink mare with a giant head of hare and the White stallion with the straw sombrero?

• Brohoof 1

Hm....Well we all know about Pinkie's parents. They showed Pinkamena.. tehee. Cupcake? > :P

Well we know rarity's parents are Magnum and what's her face, remember them dropping off sweetie belle at breakfast?

Twilight's mom is twilight velvet, as for the father, IDK. YOu can see twi's mom in the royal wedding.

Fluttershy. No clue

Rainbow Dash, I'm her adopted father :/

Pinkie Pie IDK the names but they are known on the wiki

Applejack seen in the flashback but IDK the names.

Rarity's parents appeared in "Sisterhooves Social" at the very beginning of the episode I believe. You know, the Pink mare with a giant head of hare and the White stallion with the straw sombrero?

Ohhh! Yes, I remember now! Thanks for pointing that out. haha, i actually think that Rarity's mom looks quite stylish. She is pretty. (Even though she is just a cartoon character) O_O :)

Rainbow Dash, I'm her adopted father :/

O_O Yes, yes you are.

And thanks for pointing out about Rarity's parents. I remember now. They appeared at breakfast at Rarity's house to talk to Rarity about taking care of Sweetie Belle :3

• Brohoof 2

My personal theories on their parents:

Pinkie Pie: Still working on the farm. One of her sisters stayed there and continues to work to this day, while the other one left like Pinkie did. Distant but understanding and caring.

Applejack: Were the best parents ever, but died shortly before the events of AJ's cutie mark story. Her hat was given to her by her dad on his deathbed.

Twilight Sparkle: Alive and well and very proud of their children. 

Rarity: Just as depicted. Live in the outer regions of Ponyville with Sweetie Belle.

Rainbow Dash: RD is an only child and has very loving parents. She has a great relationship with them, but doesn't want to reveal it to anypony else because she wants to be seen as "cool". 

Fluttershy: Had many children, and Fluttershy sometimes got neglected because she was much more quiet than her rowdy siblings. Fluttershy left home as soon as she could and prefers not to think about them.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 3

I think that Rarity's parents imply a lot about her upbringing that explain why she is the stylish, self made pony she is today.  Growing up in a family of uncouth yokels, being a high class, stylish pony was her way of marking an identity for herself, and maybe rebelling against her parents.  I imagine she moved out of the house at the very first opportunity.

• Brohoof 1

Snip

Agreed more or less entirely except a little for the Pegasi.

Fluttershy: I actually think that she has a very healthy relationship with her parents and while they don't see each other often they exchange a ton of letters :)

Rainbow Dash: I have no headcanon on this ATM, because I've seen so many ideas that were intriguing and seemed like they'd work in their own ways. I've seen one or both parents being dead, and that being partially the cause of her valuing sticking by her friends. I've seen the large family route, where it explained her competitiveness and desire for attention.

I've also seen the situation that you described and I like it a lot too. One of my favorite fanfics is all about it :)

69196.png?1355198031

• Brohoof 1

Well When I mentioned the fact that AppleJack's parents have been confirmed deceased, in "Apple Family Reunion" The mentioned hat the WHOLE family was coming, and "Who knows if they'll be able to make the next one?" To which Applejack looks out the window at two shooting stars and sadly looks away, then smiles back at them.

That was confirmed as a nod to her parents.

Also i loveeee the pegasus theory

Pegasi are not born, they are hatched in a giant pool of rainbows buried deep within Cloudsdale.

[/crackpottheories]

I imagine that Scootaloo has parents - or, at least, caring guardians; after all, someone must've been keeping her safe over the years (as we've seen in the show that she has less-than-ideal concern for her own well-being :D).

As for the rest of the pegasi - my headcanon is basically that once pegasi learn to fly, they wind up a lot more independent and their parents start taking a much less active (or even nonexistent) role in their lives.  Fluttershy, for example, "fell" down to earth as the rough equivalent of an early adolescent, and I don't imagine she then went back up to live with her parents/guardians in a cloud city.

That expains it perfectly EXCEPT for Scootaloo. There has yet to be a single Pegasus parent.

Also, Any thoughts to parent types?

Rarity has the flashy, uncool, embarrassing parents.

Applejack has a lack of parents.

Pinkie has overbearing conservative traditional parents.

Twilight has asian parents. :wacko:

Maybe I have missed an episode. But We haven't seen their parents yet. I think it would be nice if there was a parents day episode(as lame as it might be) just so we can see their parents. We have seen Pinkie's in the cutei mark chronicles for a brief moment. So why not the other mane 2?

Who's parents have we actually seen though? 

I don't think it's just RD that we're missing...is it? 

Have we seen Rarity's or Applejack's yet? Or Fluttershy? 

Both of them were born and lived in Cloudsdale. Since we rarely travel there, we don't see their parents. They haven't been mentioned by the staff, like AJ's being dead is (The 2 comets are supposed to represent her parents) but we know nothing about them.

They may show up if we have another flashback episode though.

EDIT: For the record, we have seen Rarity's parents in A Sisterhooves Social

Edited by Firebolt

Maybe I have missed an episode. But We haven't seen their parents yet. I think it would be nice if there was a parents day episode(as lame as it might be) just so we can see their parents. We have seen Pinkie's in the cutei mark chronicles for a brief moment. So why not the other mane 2?

We haven't seen Applejack's parents either.  It's implied they're dead.

However, if you mean that we haven't seen their *relatives*, we can extend that even further.  Of the 9 major pony leads (the Mane 6 and the CMC) the *only* ones whose family we haven't seen are the pegasi. 

We need to see some pegasi family here, folks.

Who's parents have we actually seen though?

I don't think it's just RD that we're missing...is it?

Have we seen Rarity's or Applejack's yet? Or Fluttershy?

Yes we have seen Rarity's parents. Remember Sisterhooves Social?

Edited by hawkflame

We haven't seen their parents because an episode's plot hasn't called for it yet. Twilight's and Pinkie's were seen in flashbacks, and Rarity's were shown because they were dropping Sweetie Belle off (as it's been implied that Rarity lives on her own). AJ's will never been shown, as it's hinted that they are dead as they were never in any flashbacks or previous family reunions.

EDIT:

Also, for future reference, any threads directly relating to Friendship is Magic should go in the Show Discussion sub-forum. No need to mutter up other sub-forums with misplaced topics.

Edited by Twinhead B

Well, it COULD be a lost episode, if we can just wait for season 4. Ooooooh, the world could go CRAZY if My Little Pony had a season 4. I f there was a sneak peek of season 4, it would insanely change the world, FOREVER!!

But yeah, I wish there was a Rainbow Dash episode with her family involved.

Oooh, and Fluttershy, too. I wonder where HER parents went? Hmmmmmm....

Edited by FriendshipBlaster17

Well, it COULD be a lost episode, if we can just wait for season 4. Ooooooh, the world could go CRAZY if My Little Pony had a season 4. I f there was a sneak peek of season 4, it would insanely change the world, FOREVER!!

But yeah, I wish there was a Rainbow Dash episode with her family involved.

Wikipedia states and I quote directly:

"In total, 60 episodes have been produced and broadcast. The third season, consisting of 13 confirmed episodes, aired in North America on November 10, 2012. Investment documents for DHX Media's 2012 financial year indicate that they have also been paid to produce a fourth season."

Not exactly set it stone (as wikipedia can be editted by anyone), but I'd bet my left leg MLP will have a forth season.

Links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic

Equestria Daily also backs up this theory:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/11/possible-season-4-official-confirmation.html

• Brohoof 1

AJ's parents are dead? 

What? I must have missed something here...what comets? What parents? 

This is why I stay out of the MLP backstories :3

Her episodes sometimes, or rather most of the time, end on falling stars. 2 to be precise. According to Sibsy, these represent her parents.