Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RaptorART

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great! This is rather amazing. You have some talent there!

Perhaps you should do either comossions or just requests. Now that's up to you.

I also would love to see my OC beeing drawn by you.

Great work, I say once again!

Oh wow, this is quality work right here!!!  The pony images themselves are amazing, but I love the backgrounds as well, and all of the colors you use are very vibrant and jump off the screen!!!!  Fantastic work, really, all around it's simply awesome!!!  :D

I also do these as well :)

I make Custom ties, but i need permission on here to sell (waiting on that)

but yes, I do Drawing Commissions!

post-10537-0-97882900-1354978715_thumb.jpgpost-10537-0-21031000-1354978732_thumb.jpg

here is some of my sketch work i use for some of these finish pieces of artwork

I can usually knock out a piece in about 2 hours or so

Depends if I'm in a mood for CoD or Halo 4, lolpost-10537-0-76060600-1354979082_thumb.pngpost-10537-0-36016100-1354979052_thumb.jpgpost-10537-0-32397600-1354979036_thumb.jpgpost-10537-0-87083800-1354979023_thumb.jpg

Woah, now that's something I've never seen before!!!  Those are bucking cool right there!!!  I especially like the Applejack one at the top in the middle, but they're all awesome!!!  :wub:

Wow you are a fabulous artist! *applaudes* and can you do custom ties of oc's or ones you have drawn? When you able to sell them I would love a fluttershy tie! Also a commision or request, whatever you would like to do, of my OC would be fantastic!

Yep, i do OC ties as well, and i can make you a Fluttershy one

but I'm still wating permission to sell anything on here though

I'll let you know when I'm able to open shop on the craft section

thought I'd post some more pony art :)

these aren't the newest of the newest of my pony art

but they are still pretty dang cool, lol

So much in love with my Chrysalis emblem in CoD...it took ALL the layers :)

post-10537-0-49203600-1355236476_thumb.jpgpost-10537-0-53549600-1355236509_thumb.png

These last 2 are GIF's but they don't seem to want to work...?...what am i doing wrong? *Fixed*

carrot_top_space_suit_pony_by_raptor007-

sinthela_pony_pulse_by_raptor007-d5kzukz

Edited by RaptorART
Fixed

These are extremely well done. I can tell you either have a very steady hand or a very very creative drawing style. I can only say one thing, and that's Excellent! keep doing what you do ^.^

OH and can you do Applejack do you think? I'd love to see one of them ^.^

Edited by AppleDashFan

These are extremely well done. I can tell you either have a very steady hand or a very very creative drawing style. I can only say one thing, and that's Excellent! keep doing what you do ^.^

OH and can you do Applejack do you think? I'd love to see one of them ^.^

You mean kinda like this?

I do infact have an AJ piece

I need to redo this one and beef up the quality with shading and a light source

post-10537-0-55954400-1355285255_thumb.jpg

post-10537-0-73496500-1355285385_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaptorART

Wow. that's very nicely done, you got it perfectly.  is May i ask? How do you do it? I couldn't draw like that if i tried... And if there is a technique and your willing to allow it out, would you perchance let me know it? haha, I'd love to be able to draw like an artist

Wow. that's very nicely done, you got it perfectly.  is May i ask? How do you do it? I couldn't draw like that if i tried... And if there is a technique and your willing to allow it out, would you perchance let me know it? haha, I'd love to be able to draw like an artist

sure, always willing to help others draw or give out advice (when i have the time, lol)

here are some tips i doodled out yesterday

hope these help you out

these aren't meant to be perfect by any means, its meant to break things down for you and show step by step

post-10537-0-49585800-1355286170_thumb.jpg

post-10537-0-97004300-1355286177_thumb.jpg

post-10537-0-67215900-1355286186_thumb.jpg

post-10537-0-15314600-1355289824_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaptorART

Oh Thank-You! I can't wait to try it out ^.^ probably won't be near yours but It'll be alot of fun to try, haha.

I tried to draw a few but they all turned out... mis-shapen or you just couldn't tell who it was...

You saved me alot more humiliation ^.^

few more questions... For these pictures did you create some on the comp or did you draw them all? and if you did draw them all, how do you get it on so clearly? And also what colour do you use for Applejacks hair, I cant find it...

Edited by AppleDashFan

Oh Thank-You! I can't wait to try it out ^.^ probably won't be near yours but It'll be alot of fun to try, haha.

I tried to draw a few but they all turned out... mis-shapen or you just couldn't tell who it was...

You saved me alot more humiliation ^.^

few more questions... For these pictures did you create some on the comp or did you draw them all? and if you did draw them all, how do you get it on so clearly? And also what colour do you use for Applejacks hair, I cant find it...

I did indeed hand draw all of my images from scratch

I use a tablet, and i draw in Photoshop 7

My work is so clean because i use what's called LAYERS

that allows you to keep your steps seperated

EXAMPLE:

Layer 1 is dedicated to my sketchy lines (these are meant to be DRAWN OVER with my INK layer)

Layer 2 is dedicated to my INKing hardlines

I can LOCK in my INK HARDLINES so I literally can't draw over them, or erase them with another color

Layer 3 would be dedicated to my Body color (lock the layer so no color escapes, or coloring out of lines)

Layer 4 would be dedicated to my hair color   (lock the layer so no color escapes, or coloring out of lines)

See how my MAIN OUTLINE is NOT effected because i colored out of the lines

the INKING LAYER is LOCKED and you literally can't color over it

post-10537-0-81307400-1355296171_thumb.png

Ok for getting the EXACT color for ponies(AJ's Hair), i have a tool called an "Eye Dropper" i can pick out ANY color by placing the eye dropper on a picture that i open up in Photoshop, and clicking on the color i want to duplicate or use

Hope that answers your questions

Edited by RaptorART

It does Thank-You very much ^.^, unless you can answer the question of if I were to draw without those how would I get the clearest pic?

other than that you have answered them all and I got the head almost right thanks to you ^.^

It does Thank-You very much ^.^, unless you can answer the question of if I were to draw without those how would I get the clearest pic?

other than that you have answered them all and I got the head almost right thanks to you ^.^

I have an answer for that as well

you would want to draw with a Sky blue art pencil

or just a sky blue color pencil

here is some early art showing what i mean :)

This is called "Traditional Art" because the medium is pencil and paper, not done on a computer

Steps are,

Sketching with a Blue color pencil

then inking over your sketch lines

erasing your sketch lines once your ink DRYS

then you color, I used Copic Markers for this piece

kitty_kitty_kitty_1a_pencils_by_raptor00

post-10537-0-84242900-1355297057_thumb.jpg

post-10537-0-24004700-1355297144_thumb.jpg

post-10537-0-16100900-1355297175_thumb.jpg

Edited by RaptorART

wow... you are waaaaay to good at this hahaha, so far my pic is... MAYBE 1/100 of that skill haha, how long you been drawing? Because that looks like pure talent. I have yet to meet(or talk) with someone who can draw that well. I'm very envious

wow... you are waaaaay to good at this hahaha, so far my pic is... MAYBE 1/100 of that skill haha, how long you been drawing? Because that looks like pure talent. I have yet to meet(or talk) with someone who can draw that well. I'm very envious

I go to anime cons and sell artwork

but I didn't get even decent until almost after highschool..so I've been at this 10 years i suppose

I learned from visiting a FORUM called Megatokyo.com

Our Art Mods worked for BioWare, Valve, and now the one that worked for Valve did a ton of work for Guild Wars 2

And they were very helpful, they made threads for us to improve on our artwork

and as you can see, those threads were indeed VERY helpful, lol

I'm so glad i had somewhere to go to help me with my artwork

and it was online so it was very convenient

Sure i had times where i wanted to scream and give up..but I didn't

As long as you USE A REFERENCE for your art, than even if you goof up, than you have a legit source to look back on

You're such an awesome artist. I'm so jelly. :P 

I'll go ahead and ask....

*Ahem* Where would you say is a good place to start drawing (Ponies) if you draw like a 5-year-old? 

I had a harder time drawing PONIES than I did with my catgirls and anime stuff

so i completely under stand your frustration with it, lol! :)

go ahead and redirect your question to the other thread i started, lol

and post an actual picture in there, so i can see what we are dealing with :)

but I didn't get even decent until almost after highschool..so I've been at this 10 years i suppose

Our Art Mods worked for BioWare, Valve, and now the one that worked for Valve did a ton of work for Guild Wars 2

As long as you USE A REFERENCE for your art, than even if you goof up, than you have a legit source to look back on

Ill be using references for my art no matter what hahahaha, it's also gonna be YOUR art that is gonna be my reference. Just so I can work on getting as good as you. gonna take me a while to get half of your skill though... How many years did it take you to get passed the throwing the table stage(so to put it)? like so you didn't mess up very much or at all?

Ill be using references for my art no matter what hahahaha, it's also gonna be YOUR art that is gonna be my reference. Just so I can work on getting as good as you. gonna take me a while to get half of your skill though... How many years did it take you to get passed the throwing the table stage(so to put it)? like so you didn't mess up very much or at all?

Lmao..who says I'm passed the throwing table phases, lol

Not everything goes right the first time, otherwise I would be a Billionaire

People still make mistakes..but not as many, or as severe :)

I'm sorry for double posting... I didn't mean to.

Lmao..who says I'm passed the throwing table phases, lol

Not everything goes right the first time, otherwise I would be a Billionaire

People still make mistakes..but not as many, or as severe :)

Hahaha, yeah sorry, maybe shud rephrase it. How long/many years did it take for you to be able to get closer to getting the actual picture with your first try rather than screwing up 20 times before you get something even remotely right haha.

I'm sorry for double posting... I didn't mean to.

Hahaha, yeah sorry, maybe shud rephrase it. How long/many years did it take for you to be able to get closer to getting the actual picture with your first try rather than screwing up 20 times before you get something even remotely right haha.

hahahahahahaha...oh you silly goose you

let me show you a little not so secret, secret

I was at this level about 2 years ago give or take

ok so this was an early attempt..like i said before Ponies are HARD (for me..or was)

fast_pony_by_raptor007-d4x156z.jpg

then i broke down my lines ALOT more, and got to here

rainbowdash_and_discord_by_raptor007-d4a

yaya_han_ww_pony_sketch_version_by_rapto

then i practiced even MORE, and got to this point about a year later

doctor_and_others_sketch_by_raptor007-d5

and now I'm at this level

trixie_sketch_by_raptor007-d5n9vb1.jpg

wow. Your Rainbow Dash is extremely good! that's what im hoping to draw, Applejack and Rainbow Dash. gonna take me a while before i start to draw... "presentable" material, but atleast I have some references thanks to you ^.^ haha, If i ever catch up to your skill imma squeel like Rainbow hahahahaha

hahahahahahaha...oh you silly goose you

let me show you a little not so secret, secret

I was at this level about 2 years ago give or take

ok so this was an early attempt..like i said before Ponies are HARD (for me..or was)

fast_pony_by_raptor007-d4x156z.jpg

then i broke down my lines ALOT more, and got to here

rainbowdash_and_discord_by_raptor007-d4a

yaya_han_ww_pony_sketch_version_by_rapto

then i practiced even MORE, and got to this point about a year later

doctor_and_others_sketch_by_raptor007-d5

and now I'm at this level

trixie_sketch_by_raptor007-d5n9vb1.jpg

finished my first sketch. and it's semi etremely bad hahahaha. Can't even know what i was supposed to be drawing O.o

This is gonna take a lot of practice...