Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Rarity's Airship Yacht (Sign-up)

Quill Waver

(edited)

Sign-up: http://mlpforums.com/topic/100231-raritys-airship-yacht-sign-up/

Hello there! You have been cordially invited to board Lady Rarity's flying airship for festivities, fellowship, and grandeur! Please be sure to wear proper garments for the occasion and to act gracefully while aboard.

Rules:

• All forum rules apply, meaning no gore, sex, or anything that otherwise violates said rules.
  • You may not play with a character that is not signed up.
  • You may not control other characters, unless given explicit permission from the GM (for story progression) or the character's controller. This includes ship guards, ship crew, and any other character you yourself did not sign up.
  • You may not "god-mod". That is, you may not have an overly-powerful character.
  • You must obey the ruling of the GM at all times.
  • No character may start out on the ship; you must go through the guards.
  • Once the ship has left the sky-port, nopony is allowed to board. Anypony who does will be considered a fugitive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a lovely, peaceful setting in Canterlot. The day was young and the sky was clear as two unicorns stood at the boarding of a grand air-ship. Lady Rarity had only recently come to possess such a vessel, but it was something she took pride in. She was ready to take to the skies for a weekend of festivities and splendor.

But no ship could sail without her captain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starfall walked toward Generosity with a spring in his step. Never before had he been at the helm of such a magnificent ship. He straightened the tie on his uniform, placing the captain's hat upon his head as he approached the guards. He gave them a quick smile as they stepped aside to let him aboard, whereupon he found Rarity waiting there for him.

"It is marvelous weather for flying, isn't it?"

"That it is, that it is. Quarter-master, is everything in order?"

"Yes, sir."

"Excellent... Now to wait for the guests to arrive..."

Edited by Asterian Starfall

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Shining Midnight looked around, expecting to see other ponies flocking toward or around the ship, but there were none. He trotted up to the guards, and looked around again. He walked up to the guards and stared into each of their eyes, and then smiled. "I don't suppose you'd even let me in without an invitation would you? Well you probably would... Anyway, here's my invitation." He took out his invitation  and showed it to the guard on his right. "And no, no weaponry on me. Nothing except my magic could be used as a weapon at the moment. Although I'm hopefully going to change that soon. Well not on board of course, but when we get back I'll change it." He said as he tapped that left guards' armor. "Made by me you know. The stuff could deflect any magical projectile you throw at it, unless of course their armor piercing... I need to fix that..." And he kept on ranting...

(In no way in this post am I controlling the guards. I didn't even have the guard ask his "Any weapons?" question. I had Shining read his mind to get the question he would ask, therefore not controlling the guard. Read it more carefully.)

Edited by ~ Alicornification ~

(edited)

Silent hope had left the castle a couple minutes ago and had headed towards the airship, now it was in sight and hope was quite impressed with what he saw.

Hope walked up to the guards and gave a brief nod to both of them and he handed them a bag containg his armor and his shield.

Edited by lonewolf1735

(edited)

The guards took the bag and nodded, content that the stallion would comply. "Thank you, sir. Your possessions will be stored in a secure portion of the ship's hold to which only the captain will have the key. If you have your invitation, then you may board."

Another stallion, sporting a sailor's uniform, walked down to the landing and took the bag from the guard, hauling it up to the ship before he disappeared below deck.

Obsidian paid the carriage driver his bits and stepped down from the cart.

His heart was heavy even though the occasion was a happy one. It was long ago that he saw the mare he was about to meet again. He felt a little bit scared how her reaction would be...

Would she even recognise him? Rarity and he where good friends once, but that was long ago... Maybe her opinion of him changed, even though they bid farewell on good terms? He knew that his opinion of her will never change... He loved her, but he never had the heart to tell her...

A sudden loud voice tore him away from his inner workings... Obsidian was still standing on the road and was interfering with the traffic, to the anger of the cab drivers. He apologized and started to walk to the airship that was still anchored to the ground. He still could not stop worrying...

The ship was beautiful and elegant... Pretty much like its owner...

There she was again... He could not stop thinking about her. "Focus Obsidian!" he thought, "You are an experienced agent for Celestias sake! Why does the thought of that unicorn bother you so much?"

His heart was beating heavy and fast as he made his way to the ship and to the guards that where watching it closely. He approched them...

"Hello, good sirs! Beautiful day for a festivity! My name is Baron Obsidian von Himmel, here is my invitation."

The guard to Obsidian's right took the invitation while his counterpart stood stoically to the side. After a few seconds, the guard passed the invitation back to him with a nod. "Are there any swords, knives, daggers, dirks, or any other form of weaponry in your possession currently?"

Obsidian was amused by the notion that he needed a weapon to bring someone harm... A little mischievous smile danced around his muzzle.

"No sir, im quite unarmed, i don't see the need to bring a weapon to a festivity like that, but you can search me if you want." he said, again displaying a charming grin on his face.

Even though he seemed relaxed and friendly, he still felt strained... Not because of the guards though... His thoughts started to drift again...

The guards nodded to each other and stepped aside, permitting Obsidian to board. "Enjoy your time on the ship Generosity, Baron Obsidian von Himmel," they said, now smiling to him. Such a smile on ordinarily hollow-faced guards was always enough to send a chill down even the toughest of stallions' spines.

At the edge of the ship, there stood the captain, smiling warmly at the stallion approaching him. "Hello and welcome aboard! I am Asterian Élire Starfall, and I will be your captain throughout the festivities." Behind him stood... her. Lady Rarity, wearing the same dress she had once worn to the Grand Galloping Gala.

(edited)

Looking around frantically, desperate not to be late for such a sophisticated social gathering, Cassidy noticed a ship. I think this is the place. He moved towards it, and peered over closer. Oh, great... guards...

"Excuse me, please," said Cassidy, holding up his invitation. "It's... not too late, is it?"

Edited by Blue Eclipse

(edited)

The guards looked at Cassidy, shaking their heads. "No. You have some time before we cast off." One of the guards took the invitation and read down the lines hastily, verifying who Cassidy was. "Sir Cassidy, everything seems to be in order. If you would please; the captain asks that you relinquish any weaponry you currently possess for the safety of yourself and the guests. If you have none, you may proceed." The guards step aside to allow him to board, standing like statues at the landing.

(edited)

Obsidian was disappointed and relived at the same time that the captain was the first one to greet him... He smiled. Not because of the warm welcome but the fact that Rarity was with him.

She had changed a lot... he noticed she gained weight since the last time they met... But only on the right places. They where still foals back then... now they where adults... She looked stunning and truly irresistible... His heart started to beat faster again...

"Greetings, captain Starfall! My name is Baron Obsidian von Himmel, im happy to meet you!" Again he was displaying his smile.

He hoped that he could wrap up this conversation quickly to greet Rarity, but still, he had to pay the captain his respect.

Edited by Obsidian Sky

(edited)

Starfall tipped his hat, saying, "Baron Obsidian von Himmel? May I ask which province over which you preside?" At that moment, Starfall felt a tapping on his shoulder. "I am sorry to interrupt you, captain, but... this stallion is a good friend of mine. Do you mind if I cut in?"

"Certainly not at all. I have to perform last-minute checks, as it were." The alabaster stallion walked off to the ship's bridge, leaving Rarity with the baron. "It's been too long, von Himmel. A pleasure to see you again." She offered her hoof to Obsidian as she gave him a charming smile.

Of all the methods by which 'high society' could have been in his grasp, Ribbonfree hadn't quite expected it to be the one where he put on a dress and went parading himself around the town. Hell, he hadn't even dreamed of high society much in the first place. His thoughts were typically reserved for an odd hybridization of vivid fantasies on what it would have been like to have been born with a more typical gender role instead of the mutant monstrosity he lived with at present, and idle musings on what he'd be doing the rest of that day. For today it seemed the entirety of his itinerary would be occupied by being part of a parade of pompous elite suspended above the air by a contraption whose developers ensured absolute safety with their fingers crossed behind their backs. Theoretically he could have flown off at any time, but such a method of departure probably wasn't the sort his sponsor had in mind for her guests. Besides, he had nothing better to do anyways.

So here he was, approaching the guards. Unconsciously his flank swayed behind him, until he realized he was trotting like a girl again and froze in place. But then he was accosted by thoughts of not being able to correctly pass as a girl if he didn't walk the part, which were then promptly met by a broadside of annoyed internal voices pointing out that he shouldn't be trying to pass as a mare in the first place. This internal war over the specifics of how he should walk waged itself with ferocity, and even though he was standing right in eye-shot of the guards it took him a good minute to actually close the distance.

"Hello." He almost curtsied his hind legs, tried to shift the motion into a bow when he realized what he was doing, and ended up fusing the two motions into an awkward up and down bounce. "Uh..." He blushed and produced the invitation from the small black saddlebag strapped over the seam of his dress with a dexterous roll of his wings. "Ribbonfree," he murmured as his wing gently left the letter in the closer guard's hoof, his voice as fresh as a summer's breeze and twice as pretty.

The guards showed no laughter or means of amusement as the pegasus performed her half-bow. The guard took the letter and skimmed over it, making sure it was valid. "Everything seems to be in order, Miss Ribbonfree. If you have any form of weaponry on your person, the captain asks that you now relinquish it for your own safety as well as that of the guests aboard."

Obsidian felt like he was in heaven...

Gently he took the slender hoof that the graceful mare held up and kissed it tenderly... it was smooth and flawless...

As he raised his head again he was smiling... Not the practiced smile he was used to show on diplomatic meetings... A honest, warm smile. He felt pure bliss.

"Hello lady Rarity. It is good to see you again... you are still as gorgeous as you where back then. And please, just call me Obsidian, like in Ponyville." His smile broadened, he could not help himself. "You have to tell me everything that happened in all that time. We have much to catch up."

'Miss Ribbonfree'. Once more, the faint yet stubbornly and tortuously immortal hope that someone would actually call him for the gender he really was was dashed upon the rocks of Prometheus, to be resuscitated by the worst of Pandora's evils and live to be crushed another day. At this point he didn't even have the ability to be dejected by that, his expression carried on with the valiance of a trooper sans any amount of manliness.

"I have no weapons on me... Except for these." Ribbon puckered his lips to the finest wine of a teasing kiss, lidded his eyes to the perfectly sultry expression of the night, rolled the length of his slender frame into a subtly sultry pose as he showed off the exact reason why he was one of Rarity's best models with pride. Without skipping a beat he snapped back into an expression and pose that bore far less intent to induce heart attacks and blood loss and stepped past the guards and up the gangway that led to the ship proper. As he did, his eyes dilated in horror once what he'd just done registered.

'What is wrong with you?' The first shots fired of a renewed mental conflict, as his inner monologue argued back and forth his sexuality and intent. Didn't he only like girls? Was he too young to know for sure? Too inexperienced? Was it appropriate to flaunt himself out in public like that? Did he actually enjoy doing so or was it instinctive at this point? None of these were questions he could answer, and the stunned young man absent-mindlessly made his way to what appeared to be a food table under construction, a young mare staring blankly at nothing in particular.

Hope handed one of the guards his invitation and waited for a response, he was slightly annoyed by the fact that the had taken his armor and shield, ah well at least he still had his hidden sword in his saddle bag, that should do him if any trouble arises.

(( Bear in mind that if caught with your sword, lonewolf, that you will be detained. ))

The guard to Hope's left took the invitation and skimmed over it, nodding and giving the invitation back once he was done. "Knight Silent Hope, you are cleared to board." The stallions moved apart, allowing the knight to pass by and onto the ship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The guards tried not to look amused by the "mare's" flirtations as "she" passed by. The deck was all but abandoned, save for Rarity and a certain other talking to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, where do I begin?" the unicorn pondered. "It might be a shorter list to tell you what has not happened." She began to walk towards to table where Ribbonfree was sitting as she continued. "My boutique simply took off, in a manner of speaking. Ever since the fashion show in Manehattan and ponies finding out about... Suri..." She voiced the name with a clear contempt for the mare. "... I have been getting commissions left and right by nearly everypony in the fashion business!"

It was at that point that they were close enough to Ribbonfree to greet "her" without yelling. "Ribbonfree, darling! I am so glad you could make it! Oh, Ribbonfree, this is Baron Obsidian von Himmel. He and I are quite close friends. Obsidian, this is Ribbonfree. She was one of the models for me during the show in Manehattan."

Obsidian enjoyed to have Rarity close to him again. He listened to the things she had to say carefully. He actually had heard about the whole affair with Suri Polomare and the fact that she stole Raritys work... It was really no secret anymore, The baron assumed that it was over now with Polomares career.

Obsidian wanted to ask questions... So many questions... To his bad luck though another guest arrived and Rarity introduced her as Ribbonfree. She was a beautiful, young pegasus mare, but the baron had no real eyes for anything but Rarity now.

"Lady Ribbonfree, it is an honor to meet you!" He made a small buckle and put a winning smile on. Not something that was hard for him now, seeing that Rarity was with him.

Ribbon didn't immediately notice the approach of either of his elders, too busy dueling himself to the death and to the pain within the infinite and gratuitously confusing labyrinths of his own mind. It was only when they actually spoke that he, in short order, registered the existence of ponies near him, determined that he knew one of them, and promptly spun about, an almost excessively saccharine smile worthy of the most charming young noble girl who still called her father 'daddy' stretched over his features.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Lady Rarity! I-..." Once more the part of his mind that didn't like his naturally feminine tendencies arrested him, though this time it was kind enough to allow him a smoother transition through his multitude of equally useless and disliked forms of expression. 'Her' tone, like a slide whistle ratcheting through all it's available octaves in a microsecond, executed a spontaneous change that professional voice actors would have killed for. In that moment it became gruffer, the sort of thing one would expect to hear from a lovable street urchin in Manehattan. Whether Rarity found the isms of one of her best employees amusing on some level or simply didn't mind Ribbon's apparent schizophrenia was truly a question for the ages.

"...- I hope I've picked suitable attire?" She tilted 'her' body a bit to let the full of his dress grace their eyes. "I know it's last season, but it's probably one of the most classic pieces you've put out to date!" Genuine knowledge, this, Ribbon almost obsessively followed the details of the fashion world and had a stack of magazines at home so large he had had to dedicate a full room just to storing them. Needless to say, this was yet another point of contention for his identity-challenged brain to obsessively pick at. "And it's an honor in kind, Baron. Much more so in my case." He wore a perfectly bashful blush. "I'm no royalty compared to either of you. I can only hope to be worthy of your company."

Hope nodded to the guard and boarded the airship, he went into a room and spotted two ponies talking to none other than lady rarity her self.

Hope shuddered, he wasn't sure if he could handle spending a week with her, its not like he doesn't like her she was a very beautiful mare and all, but she did seem a little too forward last time they met, she tried to get him so drunk that he would just fall into her bed, does sound a little sketchy.

Hope clung to the wall as he stood very still, trying not to get spotted by lady rarity

Yellings and mutterings came again from the carriages on the road near the Generosity, caused this time by a burgundy and yellow maned colt struggling to go through all that traffic, visibly nervous and unaccustomed to a busy town like Canterlot. Freeing himself from the maze of hooves and wheels, he stopped to admire the ship.

"What an incredible craftsmanship, this is fabulous!" He gazed at it for some time, lost in the splendor of such magico-technical innovation. "Oh right, I can board this baby." 

He moved towards the guards, adjusting his suit and searching for his invitation. Upon arriving to the guards he immediately gave his invitation. "I'm h-here on invitation from the f-fabulous Rarity. All is good, r-right?" He glanced nervously around, sparsely looking up at the guard, visibly intimidated by the two armored colt who towered over him both in height and in bulk.

(edited)

The stallion raised a eyebrow slightly, he found the demeanour of his new companion to be confusing but amiable. Just the usual eccentrics of an artist he figured.

"If you don't mind the opinion of an layman milady, i find your gown to be lovely and very fitting of the occasion." Giving her a little nod of acknowledgement at the same time. "But please, just call me Obsidian, just like i already offered our lovely host. My family title does not have any real significance anymore, it is an relict of the past, it lost its purpose after our beloved twin sisters where elected to lead Equestria."

"Many of the old unicorn nobility still try to hold on to their former power and glamour, an utterly meaningless endeavor now. The future belongs to our lieges Celestia and Luna and ponies like you two ladies. I think as the great artists that you are, you are way more noble than me and would be way more deserving of my title, all there is to it now is that is sounds quite nice, doesn't it?." The unicorn chuckled to himself.

"I understand you work as a model for our dear friend Rarity, lady Ribbonfree? Im interested how that came to be, if you don't mind stating my curiosity?"

Edited by Obsidian Sky

The guards looked to Flask as one of them took the invitation and glossed over it, making sure everything was in order. "Glowing Flask, everything seems to be in order. If you have any weaponry on your person, the captain asks that you relinquish it for storage in the ship's hold. If not, then welcome aboard." The guards side-stepped to allow Flask passage onto the grandest ship in the skies, Generosity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nopony seemed to notice the pony scrunched up in the corner, nervously hiding against the wall. It was a lucky break for him, but he could not possibly hide from Rarity all week... Could he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A sudden call over the intercom rang out:

"Attention crew and guests of Generosity, this is your captain speaking. I have been given the all-clear from the quarter-master and we are ready to set sail. We will wait another thirty minutes for any remaining guests before we cast off. That is all."

What was the right voice for this event? Pompous and refined as sugar, to be a suitable backdrop for the crowd? Let his more naturally gruff but still unmistakably mistakable for female tone through? Try to subtly work some aspect of his non-existent Adam's Apple through to maybe force someone to get the hint for a change? On the one hoof all options really didn't make him feel any better. And there was no other hoof. In the end Ribbon settled for none of the above, his voice instead taking on a fluid, sort of prepubescent quality with perpetual voice cracks as he awkwardly jaunted in and out through several accents at once. 

"I would very much hope so, Obsidian." First name basis already? Rare to find that in an area with this much concentrated high blood. Maybe this guy wouldn't be so bad after all. Ribbon had anticipated most of his weekend would be avoiding conversation as much as possible, grunting and hoo-hahing his way through the inevitable arrogant prick lusting over his deceptively fine features, and sticking to Lady Rarity where possible as the only existing non-awkward conversational partner. But if the Baron was neither annoying nor after Ribbon's lustrous hide, then there was definitely potential. "This ensemble is one of the many fine works of our very host! You know, the one right over there." Ribbon smiled teasingly at his employer.

"That's a very flattering appraisal of us new money, though I wouldn't be so arrogant as to flat out agree. There's always a purpose for paying homage to that which has come before you in addition to looking towards progress. I believe some of our Lady's designs are constructed with that very principal in mind, no?" The youthful 'mare' let the question hang in the air for a second, then continued on, "How we met...? All I remember is a lot of bright lights and nearly passing out from stage fright, I'm afraid. Rarity may recall better than I do, if she's willing to partake in a bit of storytelling?"

Truth be told, Ribbon remembered just as well as Rarity might have, it had been the day he'd found a real purpose in life. It was just that he wasn't especially sure if he enjoyed his purpose in life or not. There were times that he paraded himself in front of his bathroom mirror, blowing kisses at himself as he reveled in his natural beauty. There were also times that he was slamming his head into said mirror with enough force to crack it, leading to very regular visits from his apartment complex's maintenance stallions (who may or may not have thought the charming upwardly mobile 'filly' was flirting with them). Usually those two occurrences weren't mutually exclusive.