Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

I would say FFDP is like in between metal and hard rock, i dont know lol

Well, there's both singing and screaming in the song.  What kind of genre is that?  I don't think Google would even know the answer to that but I shall now consult it.  :D

Well, there's both singing and screaming in the song.  What kind of genre is that?  I don't think Google would even know the answer to that but I shall now consult it.   :D

Well a lot of metal songs have screaming as well as singing. And Wikipedia seems to classify them as heavy metal, so that answers your question :P

• Brohoof 1

Well a lot of metal songs have screaming as well as singing. And Wikipedia seems to classify them as heavy metal, so that answers your question :P

I do agree... but Wikipedia isn't known for it's accuracy since everyone and their mother can edit it's pages/contents...

I do agree... but Wikipedia isn't known for it's accuracy since everyone and their mother can edit it's pages/contents...

I have always found Wikipedia to be pretty reliable actually, especially when it comes to genres of bands. Every time I look up the genre of something, it seems to be pretty accurate.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Doctor, i believe i'm addicted to blessthefall

Because I'm craving some chaos and Havok

I guess I'm just Motionless In White

So you should Bring Me The Horizon

So in conclusion, don't you HATE it when someone cuts off mid sente-

I listening to that song right now. (Promised Ones) I love how it sounds and the music video was awesome too. 

Edited by packapunch3

(edited)

Actually, while we're on the topic of FFDP, does anyone like Death Before Dishonor or House of the Rising Sun or The Bleeding or My Own Hell?  I think those are good metal songs.  

Edited by Ellie

Actually, while we're on the topic of FFDP, does anyone like Death Before Dishonor or House of the Rising Sun or The Bleeding or My Own Hell?  I think those are good metal songs.  

The FFDP songs that I like are Dying Breed, Way of the Fist, Under and Over it, Canto 34, White Knuckles, War is the Answer, Ashes, and No One Gets Left Behind

The FFDP songs that I like are Dying Breed, Way of the Fist, Under and Over it, Canto 34, White Knuckles, War is the Answer, Ashes, and No One Gets Left Behind

Out of the list you said I'm a fan of Over and Under It, Way of the Fist and War is the Answer.

(edited)

Alright everypony. Fasten your seat belts as we take a ride around the lip of an experimental metal singularity. This voyage is about an hour long, and holds no punches.

Edited by Midnight Scribbler

How about some shameless self promotion haha. i have been working on this recently, whaddaya guise think? love to hear your opinions :)

Could've sworn that I replied to this earlier...I guess it didn't go through....

ANYWHO, not bad!

And here's a Priest cover of a Joan Baez song for you peeps.

Judas Priest - Diamonds And Rust

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@tehAgg,

That's an awesome song, by an awesome band. They're the ones that got me into metal initially.

This is one of my favorites. The Hellion/Electric eye. From the album Screaming for Vengeance

Edited by Midnight Scribbler

(edited)

@@tehAgg,

That's an awesome song, by an awesome band. They're the ones that got me into metal initially.

This is one of my favorites. The Hellion/Electric eye. From the album Screaming for Vengeance

Priest is tied along with Dream Theater and Pantera as my all-time favorite band. They were the first band I saw live, too!

Here's the opening from the concert I went to at the Arizona State Fair.

Battle Hymn is a short instrumental off of Painkiller, while Rapid Fire is the opening track from British Steel (just in case you didn't know).

Edited by tehagg

@@tehAgg,

Dude, I'm jealous you saw them. That's awesome.

I, however got to see Iron Maiden twice now, once with Alice Cooper opening for them at Bayfest. That was amazing.

This was one of the highlights for me.

Yes. Aces High is a GREAT track, and I am jealous of YOU for having seen them live. BUT, I at least have this, which is a one-of-a-kind reference to Aces High. ;)

post-24966-0-00325400-1393366899_thumb.jpg
  • Brohoof 1

For those of you that listen to Iron Maiden, what would you say is the best album to get by them? I've been meaning to listen to more of them for a long time. I'm thinking of getting the Number of the Beast album, I like the song Number of the Beast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXN3eT-U4S4

Dude, Piece of Mind is my personal favorite album by them, although you really can't go wrong with any of them, except for the ones with Blaze Bayley one the mic.

Here's my personal favorite Maiden track, which happens to be off that album.