mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Love me some SODOM. A lot of people classify them as death metal for some reason, but they're pure unadulterated thrash through-and-through. Their lead guitars kind of suck, but it hardly seems to matter with these fools.

Hey guys my username was so metal that it got me a violation. I guess not everypony on here is a Cannibal Corpse fan. Hopefully my new Slayer themed username won't offend anypony. :(

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys my username was so metal that it got me a violation. 

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I had a feeling the mods wouldn't like that username very much XD

I'm sure the new name will be fine.

Hey guys my username was so metal that it got me a violation. I guess not everypony on here is a Cannibal Corpse fan. Hopefully my new Slayer themed username won't offend anypony. sad.png

"At Dawn They Squee"

...I'm not too familiar with Cannibal Corpse, but as a huge Slayer fan, I'm gonna go off on a limb and say your new one is most likely 20% cooler than the other one anyway. sleep.png

Edited by Lowline

Yea, I don't like the vocals and the guitar is too slow for me in deathcore.

>he doesn't like doom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTA5m7NIG_g

Not everything has to be fast to be good. Even some black metal can be slow.

Struc/tures (If you can handle really shitty lyrics about breakups and reationship BS)

those aren't bad lyrics sometimes. Do you even emo?

^ Good death metal it is. And I understand, deathcore isn't exactly easy to listen too, especially people accustomed to Deathmetal. The vocals are always too different.

Anyway, anyone here watch Metalocalypse? Funny ass show and some good parody/ comedy Death metal. 

I Ejaculate Fire is another good one.

(I've probably asked this question before butt fuck it)

I like Dethklok, only their first album though. And the cartoon itself is hilarious :D

Some Machine Head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5asxHcEmOic

Aaaand... I bought a bass today! Yay! One string more is like 20% cooler.

IMG_20130410_212003_zps3dfe2e02.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Love me some SODOM. A lot of people classify them as death metal for some reason, but they're pure unadulterated thrash through-and-through. Their lead guitars kind of suck, but it hardly seems to matter with these fools.

They released a new song from their upcoming new album. 

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2013/04/10/176685567/30-years-later-sodom-is-still-all-brass-and-knuckles

It's average, but it doesn't fail at what it does best, so to speak.

Hey guys my username was so metal that it got me a violation. I guess not everypony on here is a Cannibal Corpse fan.

Well, with a name like ButcheringFoals666... the lack of subtlety can be a bit offensive.

Jumping in a bit late on the deathcore, but have some Russians.

Also, it makes me sad that no one seems to bring up Carnifex ever around here.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2013/04/10/176685567/30-years-later-sodom-is-still-all-brass-and-knuckles

Well, with a name like ButcheringFoals666... the lack of subtlety can be a bit offensive.

Dude, I just found out that I'm not supposed to discuss warnings. So lets just forgot anything I said.

So my new username is a parody of the song "At Dawn They Sleep" by Slayer. I come up with the best parodies sometimes.

Gonna leave some Electric Wizard here, Doom Metal is some good stuff, anyone know any other good Doom bands?

And also some Rosetta they're an awesome Post-Metal band

I don't listen to much Doom Metal. However, I really liked Isole - Born From Shadows. I still have to check out their other stuff. Black Hours is a really good one.

Dude, I just found out that I'm not supposed to discuss warnings. So lets just forgot anything I said.

So my new username is a parody of the song "At Dawn They Sleep" by Slayer. I come up with the best parodies sometimes.

Oh, well I can relate to Slayer more than Cannibal Corpse. At Dawn They Sleep was one of the better tracks from the albums anyway. Though George Fisher said something pretty amazing before playing "I Cum Blood" once.

"This song is about shooting blood out of your cock."

• Brohoof 1

One of the rare instances I've managed to get into something a bit... 'gothic' for a HORRIBLY lack of better term. Or eccentric.

The jazzy and experimental incorporation combined with the creepy vibe in certain cases get me very excited. I can best describe this as Swing Metal, and I think their latest two albums are really good.

Edited by NeverNeverland

Oh, well I can relate to Slayer more than Cannibal Corpse. At Dawn They Sleep was one of the better tracks from the albums anyway. Though George Fisher said something pretty amazing before playing "I Cum Blood" once.

"This song is about shooting blood out of your cock."

Bro, you don't know what you're missing out on. Cannibal Corpse, especially with Chris Barnes is amazing. Eaten Back to life is my favorite CC album. 

Newest Within the Ruins is dank as fuck, yo. I didn't think that they'd ever be able to top Invade, but they did.

I FIND SOLACE, I FIND PEACE

Not metal, but I've procured 3 tickets with some friends to go to a Muse concert next month, so yay (Fuck you, Djenty).

That's Sodom for you.

Also, it makes me sad that no one seems to bring up Carnifex ever around here.

I knew I was forgetting a band... love Carnifex.

Edited by Twiliscael

Wait, what exactly is wrong with Sodom? 

Nothing at all. I like Sodom.

It's just that they have a tendency to play music that sounds pretty similar and it's never anything stellar, but not bad at all either.

Download's still freeeee! As top comment says, Meshuggah writes music in 2003 that still kicks modern metal's ass.

• Brohoof 1

Download's still freeeee! As top comment says, Meshuggah writes music in 2003 that still kicks modern metal's ass.

Yeah I've got it now, sweet I still don't have any Meshuggah on my library right now, so this will be great for me. And yeah Meshuggah still have it going, they're still an awesome band!

Download's still freeeee!

Dude, you can like download their whole discography for free.

I don't think I've ever seen anypony post any Celtic Frost on here. Although, I could be wrong.

Alright I'm gonna be heading off to bed sometime so have some stuff, starting with Agalloch

And also while I'm posting longer songs, here's Natasha by Pig Destroyer, an incredible masterpiece

I never thought I'd see Patrick Stump doing anything worthwhile in the music world.

And why the fuck didn't I ever see these b-sides in my library?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFTKHzE5T4E

Sweet mornin' rain on the freeway in the evenin'

Forgot to say before, this is and probably will be my favorite avatar of yours.

Edited by Twiliscael

Which reminds me, have you guys listened to Destruction's latest album. It's got some pretty good stuff on it.

Oh definitely, it's awesome! I love the title track, and Carnivore.

And I'm listening to some Cryptopsy right now, have you heard of them? You might like them. Lord Worm does a 27 second scream on Open Face Surgery, like, dude whoa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6E6xJg9Pk4

Which reminds me, have you guys listened to Destruction's latest album. It's got some pretty good stuff on it.

Aw, hell yeah! Thing I always loved about Destruction compared to their fellows Sodom and Kreator is their tendency to use a LOT of unconventional intervals in their riffs, as opposed to straight power chords. These songs are the first I've heard off their recent album, and needless to say I'm pretty stoked...totally gonna buy this one! \m/

Also, here's some epic Kreator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCwXLdPVrhc

Edited by Lowline

And I'm listening to some Cryptopsy right now, have you heard of them? You might like them. Lord Worm does a 27 second scream on Open Face Surgery, like, dude whoa.

Yea, I haven't listened to them but I know who they are because I had friend who reallly liked them in middle school. I probably would like them.

Swedish death metal anypony?