mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Phew, been awhile since I posted here. Left the forums for awhile too though.

Sup guys, Raronoopa/Discordian is back. Didja miss me and my finite knowledge of the metal genre? :lol:

I'll start with something I've probably posted several times already but don't remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKmdwrCD-O0

I was playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow and it's 3DS interquel the last few weeks and I realized how well this song fit with the story. It's quite the coincidence how well it fits!

Also, got a new MP3 Player (Sansa Fuze +, just an upgrade from what I had before. :P ) and have been restarting my collection. Got two Masterplan albums (self-titled and Aeronautics) and I have the Dystopia album. Still looking to get more metal though, preferably along the lines of those two bands but not those two bands. I know, NeverNeverland. I need to get Testament and Coroner. :P

• Brohoof 1

Whaddup thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfGETithhIc

Pretty interesting in terms of composition. Guitar tone's a little scratchy for my tastes though. They self-produced?

Not quite sure, but judging by the fact that that album cove looks like it was done in MS Paint, I'd guess yes.

I know, NeverNeverland. I need to get Testament and Coroner. tongue.png

Welcome back, bruddah. Why would you mention NNL he's never here and it makes me sad.

• Brohoof 1

Sup, broski.

D: NNL has abandoned us!? Sad, this makes me.

I gotta find me some more metal to post in this topic so I stop posting the same thing like ten times. lmao

I think this'll be my fifth time posting Deadly Sinners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO7TZGgBbOw

But I just love this song soooooooooooooo much and everyone should hear it and I don't think they wanna go back 300 pages to find it. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Widek makes some good music to study too. Pretty chill, pretty proggy. Good stuff.

Naw, he's just inactive alot. He pops in every once in a while c:

Ah. Sounds a bit like me. A lot of the time the only topic worth visiting is the Metal Thread for me and I don't have a lot of post so it seems like I'm never here myself.

Doesn't help that I haven't listened to much metal lately. I've been sticking with more orchestral music or electronic genres.

Scrolled back and found the Hanson video Crispy posted.....dammit Crispy. You know that song is my weakness. You know I love that song and it always gets stuck in my head!

Now Imma have to listen to it like fifty times.

• Brohoof 1

I love how people can be like "PIG DESTROYER IS FALSE GRIND" yet they can call agoraphobic nosebleed TRU GRINDOCRE, even though they're both Scott's projects, and he's the creative force behind both of them.

ugh not in a metal mood

i've been bumping tumblr: the album, tho

• Brohoof 3

I'm going to post some Pig Destroyer, they have an odd band name. It turns out that "pig" is used as slang for "cop". I've heard, "popo", "5-0", and (this one is used for border patrol) "La Migra" but, I haven't really heard "pig" used like that. 

(edited)

W-was Suicide Silence ever reallly THAT bad, or am I just a really, really awful person?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgh0vjeE9LQ

I'm going to post some Pig Destroyer, they have an odd band name. It turns out that "pig" is used as slang for "cop". I've heard, "popo", "5-0", and (this one is used for border patrol) "La Migra" but, I haven't really heard "pig" used like that. 

Never had to fight/flight the pigs at some party or something? I PITY YOU.

Srsly doe, I kind of wished that it meant actual pig, like, oinky pig. Sounds alot nastier and grindy that way.

Edited by Twiliscael

You haven't heard someone call the cops Pigs? I've heard people say that quite a few times, though I was kind of surprised that their band name was Pig meant that way, I figured that it was br00tal pig slaughter since that's the best way to describe their music.

W-was Suicide Silence ever reallly THAT bad, or am I just a really, really awful person?

Yes, you are that awful, but then again I'm not really too huge of a Deathcore fan, so I can't say much about them.

Srsly doe, I kind of wished that it meant actual pig, like, oinky pig. Sounds alot nastier and grindy that way.

I know, it really seems weird that it isn't pig in that sort of way.

• Brohoof 1

Widek makes some good music to study too. Pretty chill, pretty proggy. Good stuff.

Dude holy shit exams are coming up so soon oh god oh god oh god. I did a grand total of no studying today. Gah.

Also, angsty as fuck today. YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn3wM6Rxpik

• Brohoof 1

Dude holy shit exams are coming up so soon oh god oh god oh god. I did a grand total of no studying today. Gah.

Started today, no studying lel

Also, angsty as fuck today. YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME AND YOU PROBABLY NEVER WILL

Still have a spot for these guys, and surprisingly my favorite by them is off their god-awful album.

#angst

• Brohoof 1

School's done. Now I have reason to be active. Although admittedly, I've been cycling the same stuff I usually do, so slight boredom and lack of variety is (finally) catching up. I'm waiting for the new Havok release, as it comes next week if I'm correct. And I have low expectations TBH. New Gama Bomb I liked though...

• Brohoof 1

Hatecore punk/RAC is usually a bunch of braindead rednecks, yelling about intolerance, playing really shitty tunes. These guys are a bunch of braindead rednecks, yelling about intolerance that play tunes I can bang my fist to. I'll admit it, I love Skrewdriver.

inb4 omg stryker u racist!!1!

I've actually never heard Anarcho-Punk/Deathrock before, although I've been meaning to do so for quite the while. I love it so far

Also, some nice Powerviolence stuff here

Hatecore punk/RAC is usually a bunch of braindead rednecks, yelling about intolerance, playing really shitty tunes. These guys are a bunch of braindead rednecks, yelling about intolerance that play tunes I can bang my fist to. I'll admit it, I love Skrewdriver.

u r vilating ppls fredom do beliv in wat dey want. muv to texas pl0x u racest

(edited)

they're the best evr omg rip in peace mitch lucker ;__;

Seriously, are people still bitching about Mitch (or Mitching as I've just realized it could be called)? He's dead. Fucking dead. Get over it.

This video is crazy.

Edited by ToBeATree

Seriously, are people still bitching about Mitch (or Mitching as I've just realized it could be called)? He's dead. Fucking dead. Get over it.

Oh good lord, I hope that people aren't still going on about the death of Mitch Lucker, he died almost a whole damn year ago by now.

Oh good lord, I hope that people aren't still going on about the death of Mitch Lucker, he died almost a whole damn year ago by now.

e2460fc88e0ee6fc16df.png

0afe2858a3a248b67d7e.png

cc4d512b135943f37600.png

39d943bdfe217ab46d61.png

853babb4c7a3cdd835da.png

beb2a34fbea5efa58420.png

what the goddamn christ

I refer the thread to two videos made by members of the music reviewing community that touch on the same relevant topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBhJZla-nlg

If you like music and music-related rants, give these guys your support.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

He still pops in occasionally.  LIKE SOMEONE ELSE I KNOW *glares at u*

Welcome back, by the way.  Have some tunes.  Heavy on the chugs, but I like it so far.

Edit:  So he shows up on the next page that I didn't look at.  Hey, @@NeverNeverland, welcome back.

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 2

Yo bro let's go bump some hatecore and power electronics!!!111

Honestly there have been good NSBM bands, despite their philosophies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OhDqpKOncw

He still pops in occasionally.  LIKE SOMEONE ELSE I KNOW *glares at u*

Welcome back, by the way.  Have some tunes.  Heavy on the chugs, but I like it so far.

Edit:  So he shows up on the next page that I didn't look at.  Hey, @@NeverNeverland, welcome back.

Ha, you got me there. :lol:

More music I've probably posted before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlnoTWIOknA&feature=endscreen&NR=1

I've noticed that my links don't link to videos anymore. Did they take out the automatic video embedding or am I just being special somehow?

Discordian!!! What's up dude?!?!?! I haven't seen you in here in a long time!!

(Ugh, my phone keeps wanting to crash every time I try to go on this thread...stupid shitty Internet connection)

I love Manowar. I'm surprised I don't have their stuff on my MP3 Player already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jWhjsdPnM

Odin's waiting for me!

Their songs always make me wanna go out and start a war in the name of Valhalla. Darn modern society and it's moralities and anti-war laws. :lol:

Discordian!!! What's up dude?!?!?! I haven't seen you in here in a long time!!

(Ugh, my phone keeps wanting to crash every time I try to go on this thread...stupid shitty Internet connection)

:D Well you know, being antisocial, whining for the sake of whining and rocking out to the music of the gods while slaying my enemies in virtual battlefields. Same ol', same ol'. 

This thread really isn't browser friendsly, mobile or otherwise. xD

What you been up to? Seems I've been spending more time on the forums the last few days so it's time to catch up with me ol' hearties.

img-1571172-1-e2460fc88e0ee6fc16df.png

img-1571172-2-0afe2858a3a248b67d7e.png

img-1571172-3-cc4d512b135943f37600.png

img-1571172-4-39d943bdfe217ab46d61.png

img-1571172-5-853babb4c7a3cdd835da.png

img-1571172-6-beb2a34fbea5efa58420.png

what the goddamn christ

...I don't have anything to say right now, just seriously?

Seems I've been spending more time on the forums the last few days so it's time to catch up with me ol' hearties.

I don't think that I was around while you were active, so I'll be looking forward to seeing you.

You joined around the beginning of 2013? Yeah, that's around the time I wasn't on the forums much. Except for during the seasons of MLP I don't generally come to the forums but lately I've been pretty bored so been coming more lately. I mostly hang out in the Everfree Forest. I like MLP but I can only talk about it so much and most of what I have to say is said by most people twenty times already so I don't repeat it. :P

Here's to a fruitful acquaintanceship. *Raises glass*

• Brohoof 1

I refer the thread to two videos made by members of the music reviewing community that touch on the same relevant topic.

I've seen a lot of the first guy's videos. I think he makes a good point on that subject.

Also, you guys should all check out CoverKillerNation. He does some really good music reviews and also non-music-related videos. He actually just made a really good video discussing the topic of religion/atheism. But he is the best channel for music reviews and stuff like that that I have seen. His reviews where he reviews crap like Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift are absolutely hilarious. But he mainly reviews heavy metal stuff, and his reviews are almost always extremely well done.

• Brohoof 1