Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SCS

In light of the large amount of positive feedback received, there is now a new subsection of Sugarcube Corner: Comics & Books. In this forum section you can discuss any official MLP print media, including, for example, the MLP IDW comics or the Crystal Heart Spell Book.

Please note that discussion of fanfiction or any other fandom material should not take place in that section. Discussions centering primarily around fandom things or anything MLP-related other than print media, merchandise, or the Friendship is Magic show itself fit best in the main Sugarcube Corner forum section.

There is still some finalization that needs to be done for the section that the staff will be working on, such as moving relevant topics there from elsewhere on the forum and putting up an official guide for it. If you come across any topics elsewhere on the forum that you feel would fit better in the Comics & Books section, you are welcome to report them.

That being said, it is already open and ready for use. 

If you experience any issues with the section, or have any questions about it, please feel free to post them here.

• Brohoof 16

Sounds pretty cool, I haven't read any of the comics or printed media of any kind for MLP(because a closet brony doesn't allow super easy access to most of that) so I may not be spending much time in the new section, but it's nice to see a new section for it, seems there are a decent amount of printed media concerning MLP, so I guess having it's own section makes sense.

• Brohoof 2

I just hope this doesn't kill the comics discussion. It is already fairly small around here, with the main thread only having 300 posts I think. And it covers the entirety of the comic series.

But on the other hand, it may just raise awareness for the comics/more mature books (I do not really expect there to be much, if any discussion about the FiM children's coloring books).

Here's to hoping it does well, and helps the comics gain new audiences.

• Brohoof 2

I'm curious as to how this will pan out. I want it to succeed, as I really enjoy the comics. Problem is, the barrier of entry is a bit harder for the comics because while you can simply head over to YouTube or Dailymotion and watch any given episode of the show, you have to either buy the comics physically in a store, pay to download them digitally, or get them by downloading via illegal means. I wonder how many bronies aren't even aware that the comics exist? Maybe this new section will spark new interest over time, so it's definitely a good idea, at the very least, as a test run to track interest

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Nice addition guys, very nice.  I absolutely love the IDW comic books and this thread just reminded me that I seriously need to get caught up in those.  Well then, best get on that; after all, I wouldn't want to miss out on any fun discussions in the new section, now, would I?  :muffins:   Once again, great call admins, this should prove to be a swell addition to the forums indeed.  :catface:

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2