Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Imagine there being a whole corporation being made by bronies

Plonkett

Let's hypothetically say that once FIM ends, Hasbro gives Lauren Faust the rights to the show. After that, she forms her own company, which would center around the FIM universe. There would be all sorts of media that the company would make.

First, there would be even more shows, including a continuation of FIM, a show about Vinyl and Octavia, and a show centering around the griffon kingdom. There would also be several teams that specialize in making full length movies, non of them being Equestria Girls.

The company would also have publishers that specialize in comics and novels. People who have made various fanfics and fan comics can actually work at this company to get their works published.

There would even be a music label for the company, musicians and bands of various genres would be paid for making music for the FIM universe.

There would also be different developers for video games. Games like Fighting is Magic and MLP Online would be part of it.

There could also be a publisher for tabletop games, like card games.

Of course, all the company's executives and shareholders would be bronies too.

What do you think? How would you like to see a company like that?

• Brohoof 2

Well, why shouldn't there be?!!  I mean, I KNOW there's more than enough bronies that could be a part of that and make it happen.  The problem would be whether or not Hasbro would allow the continuation.

Well, that would take an incredibly large amount of money to make, and then there won't be much profit because the brony audience is relatively small, and would be designing the products they'd buy for themselves, meaning many people would get employee discounts.

I company like that would be awesome.  It would be a golden age for all of us.

There would even be a music label for the company, musicians and bands of various genres would be paid for making music for the FIM universe.

I'd want to see the Ponytones become an actual group that would put out whole albums.  And it would stay a purely animated group, like Gorillaz.

(edited)

Sorry this is WAY to hypothetical a thread to take seriously. Hasbro is making bank currently on MLP and has no reason to give it up before they run out of ideas or it becomes unprofitable. Faust has also left MLP a long time ago and would likely not want to return to running a program that she had a painful divorce with. She creates shows, does them for a time, and moves on. Also bronies as great as they are cannot unify well as part of corporation or on a scale as you are guesstimating. Jan animations can do a great 5 min video with Hasbro's animation puppets but that's far from being able to do a weekly 22 min long, 26 episode series, and you still have to have mechandise and liscencing to make an animation studio affordable. Basically brony fannon is great but its not a substitute for the real thing and we aren't going to take over cannon anytime soon or gain control from Hasbro who owns the entire MLP name for several decades.

Keep in mind things like the MLP comic were spun off by fans who were professional comic book illustrators and writers (Andy Price and Katie Cook) who pitched the idea to Hasbro. They were fans of the show who saw a way to work WITH Hasbro to expand upon the MLP universe (and both make money obviously). If Jan Animations or other fannon creators work WITH Hasbro there's oppportunities to make an expanded universe credible and part of official releases. That's really anyone's best bet.

That or just enjoy the loads and loads of fannon which already exist!!!

Edited by Freewave

(edited)

I would sit there with my law hangin, that would be amazing!!!

however it is at least likely not gonna happen. D:

Edited by Everleaf