movies/tv Any fellow anime fans here? If so, what do you like to watch?

Shadowking58

I love anime, but I'm really picky about it.  Quality over quantity for me.  I like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai X, Ghost in the Shell.  I highly recommend Welcome to the NHK.  It's very under-the-radar, but absolutely one of the best animes ever made.

• Brohoof 3

I love anime, but I'm really picky about it.  Quality over quantity for me.  I like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai X, Ghost in the Shell.  I highly recommend Welcome to the NHK.  It's very under-the-radar, but absolutely one of the best animes ever made.

I've heard of Welcome the NHK, so it's not that under the water if I heard of it.

*Sees at least two other anime topics on the topic listing first page*

Yes, I think other people like it. :lol:

I just got done watching Heaven's Lost Property for the second time in less than a month and I'm gonna see the movie next, which I haven't seen before. I'd easily rank it as one of my top anime along with Sword Art Online, Ah My Goddess and Darker Than Black.

Before i was a brony i was a anime fan certainly.

I use to be big on Bleach before it became too Ichigo centered.

Also a huge DBZ fan,i still enjoy it and am hoping battle of gods 2 doesn't suck.

I still watch Naruto but its not as interesting as it once was to me.

Big Gundam fan.enjoyed Gundam Build Fighters(especially the last episode) and also A.G.E.(for the most part)

There is way too many anime's to list that ive watched over the years,but i do enjoy a good anime even tho i don't really watch them as much as i did a year or so ago.

• Brohoof 2

I just find it slightly (read: really really really really) annoying that Ichigo always turns out to be a member of whatever fucking group of spiritual entities Kubo wants to introduce... first he's human and gets shinigami powers. Then he loses the shinigami powers, but gets new ones because he's half-shinigami. Then the Vizards are introduced, and guess what, he's one of them too... then he loses his powers AGAIN, but gets them back after finding out he's actually a Fullbring user...then the villains in the final arc are quincies, so GUESS FUCKING WHAT, he's half-quincie now too. RRRRGGGHHHH...  :angry:

I prefer One Punch Man these days, because Saitama is a boring, overpowered protagonist, but at least that is made clear from the beginning and the problems associated with being a totally boring, overpowered protagonist is pretty much the point of the series. So, there's my recommendation, go read One Punch Man.

I also enjoyed Mahou Sensei Negima, despite the jailbait fanservice. I'm not so sold on UQ Holder, but if you like MSN, it's probably worth a look.

Oh, and Hunter X Hunter, despite some niggles, has been consistently awesome while also mostly dodging many of those standard shonen tropes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I highly recommend Welcome to the NHK.  It's very under-the-radar, but absolutely one of the best animes ever made.

Zoidberg-Jesus-Blesses-This-Post-Gif.gif

Welcome to the NHK is one of my favorite animes as well. If you enjoyed the anime, I recommend reading the novel as well. Anyways, I suppose I could be considered an Otaku. I have anime wall scrolls in my room, and bookshelves with manga in them. Here are some anime I enjoy.

• Fairy Tail (This is the one I'm currently marathoning. I'm really enjoying it so far.)
  • Eden of the East 
  • Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
  • Soul Eater
  • Death Note
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Kill la Kill
  • Black Butler
  • Sword Art Online
  • Rosario Vampire
  • Baka and Test
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Before i was a brony i was a anime fan certainly.

Also a huge DBZ fan,i still enjoy it and am hoping battle of gods 2 doesn't suck.

I still watch Naruto but its not as interesting as it once was to me.

Big Gundam fan.enjoyed Gundam Build Fighters(especially the last episode) and also A.G.E.(for the most part)

There is way too many anime's to list that ive watched over the years,but i do enjoy a good anime even tho i don't really watch them as much as i did a year or so ago.

You sound like a certain friend of mine. He absolutely loves Gundam.

He also ships Appledash, which I'm not really a fan of. (I'm more of a TwiDash person myself.) and he puts himself down, like, ALOT.

It sucks that I've almost become tolerant of it.

*ba dum tiss*

Zoidberg-Jesus-Blesses-This-Post-Gif.gif

Welcome to the NHK is one of my favorite animes as well. If you enjoyed the anime, I recommend reading the novel as well. Anyways, I suppose I could be considered an Otaku. I have anime wall scrolls in my room, and bookshelves with manga in them. Here are some anime I enjoy.

• Fairy Tail (This is the one I'm currently marathoning. I'm really enjoying it so far.)
  • Eden of the East 
  • Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
  • Soul Eater
  • Death Note
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Kill la Kill
  • Black Butler
  • Sword Art Online
  • Rosario Vampire
  • Baka and Test
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica

What I find funny is that the voice actress for Fluttershy in Japanese is the same as the voice of Kyubey.

*Door opens and animals scurry everywhere, revealing Fluttershy behind the dust* "YOU'RE GOING TO... MAKE A CONTRACT WITH ME!"

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 1

... ... ... No ... *cough* ...

Just kidding, I love anime! Bet you never would have guessed ... hehe ... :P

At the moment, I'm watching 'My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute', or 'Oreimo', or whatever other names it goes by. Really enjoying it right now, in fact it's already taken the number one spot in my book. :D

Some of my other favourites include: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Angel Beats!, Hataraku Maou-sama, and No Game No Life.

• Brohoof 1

Totally love anime! As you can tell by my profile picture and sig :P

Some of my favourites are Soul Eater, Fullmetal Alchemist (Both versions), Death Note, DBZ, Heaven's Lost Property, Chobits, Fairy Tail (Currently watching) and others I probably forgot.

There are so many I still need to watch though. 

Anime though.

I'm only going to say that everyone has to watch Evangelion since it hasn't been mentioned yet. It is the classic before all classics.

I tried and I just can't. Which is strange considering I love mechs and post apocalyptic settings. Maybe it's all the hype around it because I went in with my expectations at 250% and turns out it is just an okay anime. 

My top 10 anime list is

1. Clannad & Clannad After Story (Super ultra feels)
  2. Code Geass (MECHS AND SUPER POWERS!)
  3. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood(is rly gud!)
  4. Haruhi Suzumiya (a bit out there at times but is generally awesome)
  5. Sailor Moon Crystal (nostalgia bias)
  6. Tokyo Ghoul (yay morally gray main character)
  7. Higurashi no naku koro ni (murderous children)
  8. Angel Beats (Feels)
  9. Baccano (I'm a bit of a weabo, but watch the english dub)
  10. The World God Only Knows (it is a giant otomegame parody and I love it)

I tried and I just can't. Which is strange considering I love mechs and post apocalyptic settings. Maybe it's all the hype around it because I went in with my expectations at 250% and turns out it is just an okay anime. 

Well it obviously depends. I went into it with a ton of hype too, and to this day it along with Madoka remain the only series in my entire memory that I have bothered to rewatch episodes of. Taste factors in and all that.

... ... ... No ... *cough* ...

Just kidding, I love anime! Bet you never would have guessed ... hehe ... :P

At the moment, I'm watching 'My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute', or 'Oreimo', or whatever other names it goes by. Really enjoying it right now, in fact it's already taken the number one spot in my book. :D

Some of my other favourites include: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Angel Beats!, Hataraku Maou-sama, and No Game No Life.

I don't want to spoil Oreimo for you, but SEASON 2 HAS THE MOST CONTROVERSAL ENDING, EVER.

SERIOUSLY, FUCK THAT ENDING!

• Brohoof 1

I don't want to spoil Oreimo for you, but SEASON 2 HAS THE MOST CONTROVERSAL ENDING, EVER.

a77a1f836a668a5c75eef5d60b305588.jpg

Personally I don't really care about the ending because watching the butthurt is too funny...

• Brohoof 2

Oh I know about that. And you know what? I'm okay with this. :P That's actually what caught my eye in the first place, if I'm to be honest. :lol:

(edited)

Just for today I've watched.

Tokyo Ghoul -I re watched the first episode

Aldnoah.Zero- Gen Urobuchi being Gen Urobuchi animated by A1 Pictures with a scene that rivals the first episodes of AoT in my opinion.

Psycho Pass- I'm watching first series again, good action sci-fi from Gen Urobuchi.

Haikyuu!!- I good sports anime about volleyball.

Baby Step- Good Tennis anime. 

Thats just for today, 

Edited by PonyEcho

I watch bleach, Space Dandy from the creators of cowboy bebop, Attack on Titans is brutal and awesome! Then I watch some interesting anime like A DARK RABBIT HAS SEVEN LIVES and Dog Days and more like the weird and strange Polar bear café !

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I watch a strange Jap. anime called THE PET GIRL OF SAKURA SOU  the adult comedy is crazy when this girl at this guys house doesn't  know how to dress for school she thinks going naked would work ! But no and what's even funnier she has never wore panties and doesn't know how !  <Sorry no spoliers  of the names in the anime I only told you some of what this anime is about not all check it out on Hulu.com !

• Brohoof 1

I am now watching Sailor Moon Crystal, Tokyo Ghoul, Samurai Flamenco, and Clannad (I'm always watching Clannad, I finish it and put episode 1 back in)

I used to be a bigger anime fan than I am now-a-days. I guess I burnt myself out. *Shrugs.*

I will say that I still love Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion to death. That anime I can watch over and over and it NEVER gets boring.

I also love Record of Lodoss War, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Escaflowne, Digimon, DBZ, Sailor Moon, Outlaw Star, and maybe some others...

I enjoy anime, but don't have that big of a list of shows that I've watched completely.

If I had more time, I would certainly watch more. Why can a day not be longer than 24 hours? ^^;

Anyways, my favorites are Wolf's Rain and Black Lagoon, both were incredible animes, Wolf's Rain being my first one. ^^

I've watched some of Pokemon, but I've seen all of Yu-Gi-Oh!

Oh, not going to forget Sonic X, because that anime was awesome. You know, Sonic and all. ^^

I've really been wanting to watch Attack On Titan, that anime was apparently the greatest thing since sliced bread. I do plan on watching it someday, however. ^^

• Brohoof 3

I enjoy anime, but don't have that big of a list of shows that I've watched completely.

If I had more time, I would certainly watch more. Why can a day not be longer than 24 hours? ^^;

It's not so much that you need more than 24 hours as much as you need more awake time. ;)

Anyways, my favorites are Wolf's Rain and Black Lagoon, both were incredible animes, Wolf's Rain being my first one. ^^

I love both of these anime so much. Wolf's Rain was amazing, especially the last episode. :wub:

Then there's Black Lagoon with all it's cultural awesomeness.

I've really been wanting to watch Attack On Titan, that anime was apparently the greatest thing since sliced bread. I do plan on watching it someday, however. ^^

I was gonna start Attack on Titan but the Netflix version isn't in English even though I'm pretty sure it's been dubbed. How annoying. >_>

• Brohoof 1