Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private King and Lionheart- RP

BlackShardNixium

@, @@,

"Very well," started Shelevan, and began to walk, before she found her way blocked by another pony- a vigilante pegasus, by the look of it, but bearing the mark of the princess on his robes. Her hooves flinched towards her concealed swords, but, upon seeing the mark of the princess upon him, she scanned his surface thoughts, sensing only duty and protection, albeit a touch of sarcasm.

"If we wished evil, we would have done so already," she commented to him, "but my order and I have nothing to do with occult murders done to fulfill a ritual. Besides, we would not meet so close to the castle. We were asked to meet with the ambassador here at this hour, and we must report to the Princess soon afterwards." She proceeded to start staring into the new pony's eyes with a determined look. "Please allow us to finish this conversation in peace, without being watched and overheard. We shall be in in a few minutes, but the information discussed here could be considered top secret and involves international affairs."

@, @, @,

"Very well," started Shelevan, and began to walk, before she found her way blocked by another pony- a vigilante pegasus, by the look of it, but bearing the mark of the princess on his robes. Her hooves flinched towards her concealed swords, but, upon seeing the mark of the princess upon him, she scanned his surface thoughts, sensing only duty and protection, albeit a touch of sarcasm.

"If we wished evil, we would have done so already," she commented to him, "but my order and I have nothing to do with occult murders done to fulfill a ritual. Besides, we would not meet so close to the castle. We were asked to meet with the ambassador here at this hour, and we must report to the Princess soon afterwards." She proceeded to start staring into the new pony's eyes with a determined look. "Please allow us to finish this conversation in peace, without being watched and overheard. We shall be in in a few minutes, but the information discussed here could be considered top secret and involves international affairs."

"I am the personal guardian of the princess, i dont think you have the authority to tell me what to do, and even if you did, this information is surely if use to my princesses investigation." Mirrorwing replies, "however i will have my scout leave, while i stay and listen, after all, like you said, the murders have gone international and as the highest ranking guard, i could arrest all of you, so dobwe have an agreement?

@, @, @,

Shelevan's eyes narrowed carefully, studying his face while her spirit studied his soul, before nodding once. "Forgive me, I did not recognize you as a Protector of Celestia. My companion and I come with the highest authorities of Lucerna and we humbly request that we appear before Celestia or Luna- I am unaware which one is currently sitting on the Royal Throne- to share vital information. I believe my friend was given a scroll that accurately describes our position and what information we have obtained so far." She bowed before shooting a mental sigh towards any nearby with the mental strength to listen. "These formalities," she commented to the pony, griffon, and phoenix nearby, "are quite wearisome, even if they keep us out of the prison cells of Canterlot."

"While i know not what you just said to them attempting to hide magic from me is not a good choice, of course you've probably at least read my mind already haven't you? I didnt get my position by being naive, i study feilds even beyond that which a pegasi could ever use" he stands there, looking at the group with a face that could kill, "i beleive Luna is currently on the throne as the moon is risen. Now please, any information worthy of an ambassador is surely worthy of princess, am i right, and i wouldnt try hiding anything from either royal sister, especially Luna, she makes even me uncomfortable."

@magos ampharose @blackshardnixium

Kazas shook his head. Of all of the annoying things that could possibly stop them from discussing important issues, it was that damned Pegasus from earlier.

" friends, it might be to our benefit if we humble ourselves and give into his demands for now. If he really is an adherent to the princesses, it won't hurt to let him know."

@sage of six mirrors

He turned to this Pegasus. " as for you. While I am willing to cooperate, I will not have you threaten an old friend. And you forget that if you imprison me, emperor Raziak heard about it. If he heard about that, it'll stir up things with the princesses. And guess who they will blame for a breakdown in relations? You. Abuse of power often sends the abuser into chaotic times, friend."

Simorgh added in his 6 cents worth.

Simorgh: " the audacity of this one is amazing... Had he talked this way to melbu, he'd be ripped in half by now...."

Kazas: " simorgh.... I don't like talking about melbu."

Simorgh: " say what you want. Melbu is the reason why the griffon empire isn't ruled by tyrants and why your family lived... Even if he did misuse my power terribly, he's a hero. One for the ages. 763 years is a long time.... Oh but my rambling on about old times is useless."

"I have audacity? I am merely guarding my princess, as for the comment about Luna, well she really does make me uncomfortable, theres just something f about her, and in all honesty, im surprised you gave in, i figured you had enough power to keep me from following but as you havent, i assume you to be honest. Allow mt to properly introduce mself, I am Mirrorwing, guard to princess celestia." He says bowing. "My rudeness was uncalled for but you all know the times we go through now, if you blame me for reacting the way i did, well i cannot change your mind"

@, @, @

Kalith stepped forward and bowed respectfully, amber eyes glinting with slight annoyance.

"As much as I am sure we all understand the position these times have placed both you and the princesses in, I cannot stress enough the importance of the information we carry." she said, "And wasting time with such formalities is only serving to stall our progress in apprehending the ones behind these murders."

She straightened proudly, as if daring the pegasus guard to challenge her statement. 

"Now, you could either stand there and continue to bluster about how you are 'merely guarding the Princesses', or you could actually take us to them." she stated coldly, "Because the sooner we gain an audience with the Royal Sisters, the sooner we can begin solving this mystery and making Canterlot a safe place for all beings once more."

• Brohoof 1

"Very well, but first" Mirrorwing turns to his scout, "take my usual rounds, if you find anything report immediately to me". Clearly annoyed that these ponies thought themselves so great, he started walking towards the throne room. "This way please, I will now take yu to see princess Luna, and and i will also send for Celestia, after all you say your information is vital" as he walks towars the throne room he thinks, "great im stuck with these guys now, but im not leaving them alone, of course miss creepy is probably scanning my thoughts, so i should probably think nice thoughts, but now i have to deal with luna, ud rather piss off these people more" he sighs loudly, and shakes his head.

"Right... I forgot it was getting dark. It would be best to wait until tomorrow. Maybe I got too excited~" Lume spoke to herself as she watched Rax'Mar enter a nearby tavern in order to rest for the night, and waved him goodbye from a distance. At that time, her mind was mainly focused on trying to imagine what Nyasha - the City of Dreams - was like, based on the archmage's description. Needless to say, she was eager to explore such an amazing land. Only after a few minutes of daydreaming that she realized that, once again, she found herself alone in the cold, dangerous night of Canterlot.

"...Great." She began talking to herself again. "I was gonna figure out about the murders, right? On my own?... Without a plan?... Oh boy, how stupid. And why do I feel so much safer when around that pony? He looked hella powerful... Well, bummer. I suppose I'll wait 'til tomorrow and begin my super investigation alongside him. Yeah. Imma do that" The mare concluded, and then went inside the same tavern as her new partner did earlier - seeing as she was practically kicked out of Mr. Clover's diner and couldn't go back there.

(( OOC: Guess I shall wait for the time skip now. :3 ))

• Brohoof 1

Kazas walked with the others, simorgh and his temporary vessel on his shoulder.

He talked with simorgh on the way and made sure the others heard. A way of getting the information out early to them. He could tell they already wanted to know, and he would let them know through this conversation.

Kazas: " simorgh... You already know what I know. 30 dead in our outer most village of nizarim. Same types of killings that have happened here. They might have happened in other places too. This tells us that this is not only a sign that this cult has followers everywhere, but something more sinister..."

Simorgh: " and what would that be?"

Kazas: " normally, anything ritualistic, and to do with the occult, is usually done in private, away from public view, for fear of being discovered. From a military stand point, this is a warning. A warning that they are here and kill as they please. These sadistic ones want to inspire fear of what's to come. Further more, since they have such a far spread, we can only assume this cult, or should I say cause.... Has amassed an army. Quite possibly in the shadows of our homes. Of course, with these runes that are seen, we could assume they are magical runes. And that if they don't have an army or some force that can carry out their will, they will be summoning one soon through some means. We have to believe that these cultists are not allied with any nation as so far, they have no discrimination in who they attack. Whatever deity they are trying to please... They are succeeding slowly. This might require that Equestria and Azarik raise their armies in wait if we can't succeed in stopping the murders."

Simorgh: " an astute observation, but one problem... If they are summoning some kind of army, say from Tartarus maybe, it would take more than your nations' militaries to stop it... Fortunately, if Tartarus is ripped open... Then melbu might come through too."

Kazas: " simorgh, enough about melbu!"

Simorgh: " do you know anyone else who could destroy an ENTIRE ARMY? single handedly? Kazas, you have to understand. He was the most powerful Phoenix knight to ever exist! And we could have him help us with this problem if it involves a Tartarus rift gate! Plus, you're his direct descendant! And not only that, you two are more alike than you think."

Kazas stayed silent. He never likes to bring up melbu, but simorgh was almost obsessed with him... What simorgh saw in melbu, he could not fathom. Melbu was in Tartarus. Dead. Gone to the world. He wasn't coming back. Even legends must eventually die. Especially those rooted in fear.

The throne room was dark, long shadows stretching from the various tapestries hanging from the walls. The moon, glowing full and proud, shown dimly through the stained glass and pale prisms of color splashed the marble ground. Luna sat upon the throne, head held high, gazing absently at the dimly lit chandelier that swung with the light breeze wafting through the room. The clatter of hooves and heavy armor announced the approach of a guard.

"My Lady, I apologize for the interruption...but your sister's personal guard, Mirrorwing, has brought visitors, " the guard explained in a breathless rush, "I am to inform you that it is of the utmost importance that they meet with both you and Celestia. They claim to have information for you...about the murders."

Luna stood abruptly, dark eyes narrowed.

"Bring them in. Immediately. And wake my sister!"

((...to be continued :/ ))

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

((aaaaaand late late late part 2))

Slow, even footsteps echoed down the dark, empty corridor. Any initiates not involved in any immediate skirmish were sent away for much needed rest. They were ordered to relax until called upon, and Desdemona found that she, rather unexpectedly, missed the late-night stirrings of life throughout the sanctuary. Gods only knew that there was still much to be done, but she knew that each of Lucerna's members, namely the younger ones, were wearing desperately thin, and a few days rest was well deserved.

As the organizations first and only Doomsayer, she was all but held back from taking up arms and joining her brothers and sisters in battle. The Grandmasters had frequently stressed that she was far too important to lose so far into the war. Desdemona knew her duty to her allies, her friends: to stay alive and provide invaluable insight into the future; to steer them as far away as she could from an unfavorable outcome.

That didn't mean she felt any less inadequate.

Slowly, almost lazily, she thought back on the events of the day. She frowned, thinking back to the two Inner Circle members they had dispatched to Canterlot. She was well aware that it was no coincidence that her vision had aligned with Helios's arrival, bearing the strangle runes both in her mind's eye and on a crumpled piece of parchment. She had immediately known what to do. The future was clear, and the universe demanded they comply with the natural flow of the timelines.

Her comrades had no idea what awaited them in Canterlot. But it had to be done. The stars had aligned and her vision had shown her that the time had finally come. The Grandmasters hadn't argued, as it had been proven many times before the Desdemona's visions were never wrong, even if their interpretation could be flawed. There was no way of truly knowing whether or not the sacrifices of the coming days would be "worth it". All anyone could do was wait for destiny to complete itself. Though it hurt all the more that she was bound by metaphysical law; unable to inform them of the dangers ahead.

She found herself thinking, not for the first time in her life, how much she hated her abilities.

The moment Celestia had heard "Lucerna" and "occult murders" spoken in the same sentence she had been up and running; never mind the fact that she hadn't bothered to don her crown once more, or the fact that she'd quiet literally just leapt from her bed in the middle of the night. The guard had informed her that her sister, as well as their visitors, had gathered in the throne room and were awaiting her presence. She had also been informed that her must trusted personal guard, and a griffon ambassador, of all creatures, were among the visitors.

She swept past the guards, a sense of regality and urgency about her. She took a few moments to scan each of the throne room's inhabitants before slowly walking towards the throne and her younger sister. Once at her sister's side, she turned to face her visitors, plastering on a beatific smile, the picture of inner peace.

"Welcome, my friends. I've been informed that you have some rather important information regarding the horrendous murders plaguing our wonderful city. What can you tell us?"

(Damn dude, that had to have taken a bit to come up with. Nice)

When Celestia entered the room, Mirrorwing took flight to his spot beside her throne. Seeing the rush, he was concerned. 'Did she not know anything about what was happening after all? If so, this news would be even more important than he first believed.'

Kazas quickly bowed in a show of respect, and kneeled. Simorgh, still in his physical vessel, bowed his head as well.

" princess Luna and princess Celestia. It is an honor." Kazas said. " I'll not waste your time with idle rhetoric. These occult murders have become an international problem. On the outskirts of Azarik, a desert village has suffered 33 murders. The victims were nailed to the walls with spikes, and runes were painted above their heads.... Emperor Raziak informed me personally of this, and has given me orders to inform you of this for a specific reason; these runes, in raziak's eyes, serve as a warning, not just a religious action. From a military standpoint, your highnesses, I am inclined to agree with his grace. They want us to know that they are here, that they are getting ready and that these signs are only the beginning of the bloodshed to come. The griffonic army reserves have already been ordered into training and a containment force has already been sent to nizarim, the village where the murders took place. Something powerful is coming... And emperor Raziak has suggested that equestria do the same with its forces."

Simorgh then decided to speak.

Simorgh: " my liege.... I am pheonix lord simorgh, one of the ancient entities that still dwell in the physical realm. I am so sorry that I must meet you in such a weakened form. The griffon you see before you is my chosen knight, and bearer of my blade. Long ago, I did battle with a powerful daemon... Resh was his name. We both perished at the same time. A group known as the daemontouched sealed me into this sword to keep me alive, and resh was forever cast into Tartarus.... Or so I thought. As my chosen walked past a particularly powerful archmage, I sensed his presence.... This archmage has somehow summoned forth and imprisoned resh inside one of his belongings. But what is worrisome, is the fact that I sensed that he was gaining power. He is easily past the level of high daemon lord... I think this must coencede with the murders that worry us all. This is about more than murders... This could be the potential end, the end that ezerepth himself prophesied."

"Ok, sorry to sound like the idiot of the group here, although I probably am the least knowledgeable, but who or what is Ezerepth? And a demon lord? Are you serious? They aren't killing to gain power from what you say, but to warn us? This is a serious threat. And for once, I am unsure of how to deal with it. I know I am speaking out of turn, but as the guardian of celestia, I think the griffon is right. We need an army. But an army strong enough to handle a threat like that sounds like it would require more than any one country can assemble. Princess, I think we will need help. But first, I request that I accompany these ponies and griffon when they leave. I see two groups represented, and a third will soon be appearing from what was said, Resh was it? It is only fit to have a warrior where he is best, and I think that is with them, even if it puts me at thier rules."

@sage of six paths

Simorgh spoke to mirrorwing. " ah.. Allow me to explain. Ezerepth was the catalyst to life. At least, my life and the life of the other great beings. Our father, so to speak. I am a pheonix lord. Ezerepth was a creator, one tasked by the all-maker to help bestow life to a lifeless world, so many eons ago. The pheonix lords, my species, inherited ezerepth's love and healing power, and are the guardians of the fire of life. We then gave birth to the smaller pheonixes. Ezerepth then created the ursa kings, who inherited his strength and honor. They hold sway over the earth, with the power to even create and move mountains. They gave birth to the ursa race. Ezerepth then gave birth to the centaur sovreigns, who inherited his courage and his speed, and held sway over the wind. They birthed the centaur race. And finally, the windigo monarchs, who inherited ezerepth's knowledge and cunning. They birthed the windigo species, and are the guardians of water and ice. Ezerepth, in our belief, is the one who gave us life. As for daemon lords... Disgusting creatures... Now, many daemons are spawned by the daemon lords... And the daemon lords, spawned by high daemon lords... And the high daemon lords... Were once us... Corrupted somehow, and tainted beyond belief. They turned away from ezerepth. Spurned him. Wanted to take the world for themselves.... Which is why organizations such as the daemontouched... Old friends of kazas and i, and the order of divine retribution, our order and creed, exists. Now, it is my personal belief that these occultists have ties with trying to summon the daemons here. And if that were to happen.... May ezerepth have mercy. He said that because of so many of the great beings turned away, there would be a reckoning upon all life.... This is why the order chose to send out kazas. He affiliates with the griffon empire through a lifetime connection, but also had loyalty towards the order of divine retribution through me, and through destiny. As my knight, he is the most powerful of the four apostles of the retribution, and will help you all to avert this crisis. Of course... I could be completely wrong. Let us hope so."

(edited)

"Ok, let me see if I understand. A super powerful, pissed off and corrupted pheonix is trying to kill us all. It couldn't be a griffon or a pony. No, it has to be a damned bloody pheonix which, in case someponies have forgotten tend to reincarnate themselves from the ashes. How exactly are we supposed to kill one of these? Because I would much rather have that knowledge than try and end up causing a death of an ally because I failed. And as of niw, I guess you three are my allies. Whether or not we like it. I will be needing my armor, however, I must ask, how does the griffon kingdom plan on deaing with the threat?" Flying up nto the alcoves, he grabs something from the shadows and brings it down. A custom set of armor and blades. "Because if you need help, and it sure seems it, I may not look like much, but I ain't letting any allies get killed on my watch."

(I should have already added that damned alicorn armor. Damn how do I forget basic stuff?)

Edited by Sage Of Six Mirrors

@ sage of six mirrors

" no. No longer pheonix lord. Not ursa king, nor centaur sovreign, nor windigo monarch. They have taken another form completely. Vastly different. Only monsters of the underworld. Not all daemon lords originated that way... Only a few. If you want more about how they came into being, you might want to talk to someone more versed in daemons. A corrupted divine being is only one way a daemon can be born. I can assure you, they have lost all divine power. They cannot reincarnate, nor heal. Such Is the price for becoming something you were never meant to be. But of course, a daemon lord can be hard to kill. I have already paid with my life against one."

• Brohoof 1

(Sorry, but I am bringing Obsidian Wing into this. Being a dark side and a better fighter, he might actually do some good here.)

The pegasus' wings which were once mirrora turn to obsidian, the aura becomes dark and hateful. "How do you hate so much, how is it even possible to hate an enemy ou have never met. Or dovyou meed my help. Very well, but you owe me." Looking at the group, Obsidian Wing immediately knows better than to try anything. Weakened form or not, a pheonix lord does not make for a good enemy. "So, you are the ones I have been hearing. As for the demon problem, fir once I agree with Mirror. Even would be cautious treading there, but alas, I am only here so you do not have that fool wasting time. You, however, are wasting mine. A question was asked. Why was it ignored? I am not as nice as he is, nor will I attack you, but I would answer. As for demons, you are right, they are corrupt, but he is rigjt to worry. An army of demons.they will destroy all of Equestria and then they will move on. Taking down all that stands in there way. It is exactly what I would do, and really, how far from a demon am I?"

" and as for killing one.. As far as I know, pure combat. That's how both resh and I died. The only reason why we are both still in this world is because we are tethered here. I, because of kazas and the sword. And of course, resh is tied here again because of that archmage I suspect."

Simorgh stopped speaking. He sensed a change within that Pegasus.

"Physical combat is where I excel. I woukd have already shown you, but the princesses dmare already ready to deal with me, shoud I become a threat. While I may be youngervthan that demon, I doubt he has the strengthto face us yet. Hence the warnings, but no actual attack."

Kalith narrowed her eyes, only vaguely listening to the conversation between the ambassador and Celestia's guard. She turned towards the Royal Sisters, bowing low.

"Your Majesties, I am Kalith, student of Grandmaster Siobhan and member of Lucerna. I was sent here by my Lady and her sister to warn you of the malevolent power growing beneath Canterlot," she paused, withdrawing a letter from within the pocket of her cloak, "This is for your eyes only. It contains every bit of information Lucerna has on the situation.

She handed the envelope to Celestia, watching as she opened and withdrew one of the papers from inside. Celestia's eyes widened almost imperceptibly when she saw the runes, stiffening in horror.

"Dear Gods.."

"I was told that, once you saw those runes, you would understand exactly what kind of situation we find ourselves in." Kalith spoke curtly.

Celestia nodded, gaze a touch fearful and eyes glazed with distant memories.

"Guards! Gather the generals!" Celestia ordered, voice strong and regal, sweeping her eyes over the visitors before meeting her sisters confused eyes, "I fear Equestria now hangs in the balance; we must gather our forces."

• Brohoof 1

@@@,

As the sun was starting to rise- thanks to Celestia's magic- Shelevan took a step back a glanced at the other two. "I mean no offense, but let us save talks about demons for later, when we are not in the presence of a worried alicorn of demigod-like power." Approaching Celestia and bowing, she rose up and blinked slowly. "Perhaps it might be best to inquire for the advice for thy guardian, Agririon. As several of the runes depict death, he might be able to assist us in this regard more. Also, shall I request for the presence of White Rose, Milady?"

((Shelevan, handmaiden of the Princess. Perhaps that should become a thing... nah.))

@@Lume WMj,

Rax'Mar woke up in his room, silently wondering what eventful things would happen today. Well, there was that mare, who was named.... err... Luminescence? And the griffon. He felt something within that griffon ambassador, something much, much different. One of the demons he had managed to pick up reacted poorly to it. He would have to investigate later, when he was out of the city.

Making his way downstairs, he quietly sat down in a table in the corner. He hoped that Luminescence would recognize him from yesterday and make her way over to him...

Kazas looked somewhat solemn. It seemed as though the princesses would raise their army. This was great news, of course. But kazas just could not shake the dreadful feeling wrenching in his stomach. A feeling that this would almost certainly be futile, as if what was about to happen would be far beyond mortals ability to stop it.

Simorgh spoke to kazas. " kazas, maybe it would be a good idea to get sirok, syuren, and Rezik involved."

Kazas spoke in a hushed whisper. " they are all on missions and believe me when I say that the acolytes will not be enough. Our resources are spread too thin for now."

Simorgh's physical vessel was fading. He would have to return to the sword soon.

Before he did return to the blade, he had one more thing to say.

@grand magose ampharose @blackshardnixium @sage of six mirrors

Simorgh: " it seems as if our fates have intertwined due to recent events. Perhaps this is of the all-maker's will. Perhaps we should enter into a companionship. You all give off a nice wave of energy, that I haven't felt In a long time."

Simorgh then bowed his head. When he looked over at the princesses, he spotted philamina, celestia's pet pheonix.

Simorgh: " oh my, now that is one smoking hot pheonix-"

Kazas interrupted simorgh.

Kazas: " okay, back in the sword, you deviant."

Simorgh: " do you realize how long it's been since I've gotten ANY tail feather? It's been EONS. I may be an ancient entity capable of bestowing powerful assets to whom I deem worthy, but I still have urges! And that pheonixette over there is absolutely smoki-"

Kazas: " and you also don't have a physical body. You couldn't do anything even if you wanted. Now you're physical avatar is fading. You might want to get back in the sword."

Simorgh: " when you get home to your wife and kids, I'm totally going to ruin moments you have with Iria."

He said this jokingly of course, and his physical avatar vanished, leaving a golden glowing orb that was drawn back to the sword.

• Brohoof 1

The wings of the pegasus change yet again, this time one becoming mirror-like, the other staying obsidian. As he speaks, it sounds as if two voices speak. "I agree, this would seem to be beneficial to saving those we still can. Celestia, in our place I will have my troops take over. They will remain hidden so as to hide my absence. I am afraid this needs to happen otherwise the yhreat will probably overwhelm everything. And you, griffon. That bird if yours is rather unusual." As he says this, he returns to Mirrorwing completely.