Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private King and Lionheart- RP

BlackShardNixium

King and Lionheart

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/102553-king-and-lionheart-two-spots-left/   

RP Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYVdwwECHcLtsCVkxCC45Ug8XgzH8Uyrz

Co DMed with

The sky had long since darkened, bleached with bloody streaks of crimson and choking clouds of black, sulfurous smoke. It seemed that the entire world had caught fire, as it raged from every corner of the earth, burning all in its path. In the center of the maelstrom, there lay a pit, reaching deep into the void, stretching on without end.  Fire spewed from its depths, like a great beast, and those gathered it its edge barely managed to avoid the flames.

A young mare stands out against the rest, clad in imperial, golden armor, light lavender eyes flashing in determination. In her wake are the rulers of the current empire. The High King, a powerful wind demon, stands tall and proud in gleaming, dark armor. His mate, the spirit demon and High Queen, carries the crest of their falling empire, staring straight ahead with steely jade eyes. Behind them are the next eight most powerful creatures in the world; their generals and trusted advisers. Together, they gaze out across the pit and into the eyes of the Beast, whose crimson gaze flashes with hunger and retribution. It releases a mighty bellow, power and killing intent rippling outwards across the void; across the entire world. The mare in armor spreads her snowy white wings and shoots into the air, hovering before the Beast. She is surrounded by a corona of multicolored light, and her eyes glow with power. From below, the ten demons prepare themselves for what is to come, each carrying a small vial of glowing, silver liquid. The King raises his head to the sky, locking gazes with the mare that is to be the savior of their crumbling kingdom.

"Remember your promises to us, young one. This country will be yours to rule, but also yours to protect. You must make sure that something like this never happens again." he growls.

"The Cult must be stopped, no matter the cost," says the Queen, still gazing out at the Beast, "This is your task now, and we will hold you to your promises, no matter where the future shall take us."

A pale, sickly-looking creature steps out of the line of Generals, moving to stand beside his old friends. His gaze is clouded, and it is clear that, had things been different, he wouldn't have had much longer left to live anyway. His magic is weak and wavering, almost nonexistent, but the strength and resolve in his stance is as present as ever.  

"You must also remember to hide those amulets away once we are gone. The Elements of Harmony, though symbols of peace and balance, are still, at heart, weapons capable of mass destruction. Though they can never be wielded by demons such as us, there is the chance that they could still fall into the wrong hooves. Hide them away, and only use them when necessary. In time, I suggest you find a student of your own; a new vessel for the Element of Magic." he croaks.

She nods, tears trailing silently from her eyes. No one had ever predicted it would end this way. But as the golden sphere of light forms around her, and the Elements spark and crackle with pure magical energy, she thinks that perhaps there was no avoiding this fate. When she fires, shooting a canon of rainbow light at the Beast, at all his demons spread out across the land, she thinks of her sister. She thinks of her people, her friends, and she thinks of her mentor. For a moment, she can hear nothing but the hum of energy, of Harmony, the distant beating of her heart, and in the silent distance, a voice, whispering.

"Thank you, my faithful student."

Everything stops, and the world fades into a blinding white. The Dark Ages had finally ended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> Fast-Forward>>>

--Over 3,000 years later.

---Equestria

----Celatum- North of Canterlot, 15 miles underground.

The messenger, despite the urgency of the information he carried, is lagging behind. Helios prides himself at being unusually fast; so much so that his speed was what earned him the title First Adherent, as well as gain him a spot in the Lucerna's Inner Circle.

Though, at this time, he is sure he has a good enough excuse.

Flying at max speed down the spiraling, marble staircase, he comes to a jarring halt at the towering oak doors, which are guarded by two brawny, iron-clad stallions. The first of the two gives a low, respectful bow, though his eyes flash with concern, before they both push open the doors. He streaks through the opening without a second thought, not even waiting to see if they close behind him.

The spacious antechamber is held up by giant, black marble pillars running vertically up the room. Silver chandeliers hang from the craggy ceiling, flickering with lavender and cyan fire. A long, coal dark carpet leads to a great stone dais, upon which a rectangular table made of the same black marble as the pillars rests. There sits the Inner Circle, with the two Grandmasters of the Lucerna placed at each end. 

"Lady Siobhan! Lady Darkessie! I have urgent news from Canterlot!"

Energy spent, he stumbles as quickly as he can towards the dais, feeling the adrenaline leave him and the sting of his many wounds beginning to set in.  A sky colored mare with cloudy stripes and cerulean eyes leaps from her seat and rushes to his aid, helping him stumble the rest of the way up the dais.

"Helios! What happened? Who did this?" she demands.

"I don't know...I never saw the cowards face." he grinds out, ember eyes flashing angrily, "I walked in on some sort of sacrifice. They had this poor bastard pinned to the alley wall with these spikes. They were siphoning his blood into this weird container and using it to paint the walls."

The mares face twists with disgust and she shudders, turning her gaze towards the unicorn at the head of the table. All eyes are on her.

"You said they were painting the walls? What were they painting?" her entire demeanor is clam, but there is a storm brewing in her clover-colored eyes.

"Runes," Helios answers, retrieving the crumpled piece of parchment from his messenger bag and handing it to her.

No one speaks. No one even dares breathe too loudly. The Grandmaster's eyes narrow angrily, magic sparkling at the tip of her horn. The others shift uneasily, as they have never seen one of their leaders so affected by something. On the parchment, Helios had hastily sketched a few of the bloody runes he had seen, barely managing to escape with his own life. He had known the moment he laid eyes on the horrific scene that there would be no way to save the unfortunate victim. The only thing he could do was copy the strange symbols.

"I have seen these runes before. Better yet, I know exactly what their purpose is, and it isn't good." she looks up, gazing at each of them in turn before gazing back at the runes, "However, as we are in the middle of a war, I fear we cannot devote our forces to such a cause; we are already short on members. I do not foresee the monsters yielding any time soon."

"However," at the other end of the table, a silver and lavender pegasus mare rises to her hooves, going to stand beside her sister and fellow Grandmaster, "We shall send two of you to investigate and put a stop to these slaughters, before their plan comes to fruition."

"And what, pray tell, is their plan?" asks a dark navy stallion, eyes frosty with anger.

"Listen well, all of you. There is something my sister and I must tell you....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours later, two young mares stand in the central plaza of Canterlot. Amber eyes peer out from under the hood of a russet traveling cloak. After a precursory glance at their surrounds, the two walk side-by-side into an alley, disappearing into to evening shadows. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Equinox sighed as he looked up at the sky. "So far nothing has happened...nothing that I know about anyways" Equinox said as he kept walking the streets of Canterlot before seeing two figures go into an alley way. "Probably nothing...just two ponies cutting through the alley ways to get somewhere faster.

Edited by Sakuya Izayoi
  • Brohoof 1

Standing atop a rooftop in canterlot, scanning the crowd a pony stands in the shadows trying to hide gis wings, he notices two cloaked figures. "Hmmm, i wonder, well they dont matter rigjt now" he mutters as he spreads his massive wings, "i hope noone sees me, its brighter than od like but i have to get back to her" he runs and flaps his wings to take off towards caterlot casting a small shine to the ground below.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Adrift in a void of darkness, meditating carefully and quietly...

When Lady Siobhan had appeared to her amongst her silence and privacy, Shelevan- also known as the Shadow Seer- had been quite disturbed. Something big had happened. Helios had been attacked and nearly killed, an ancient evil returning, and she and one of her close friends, Kalith, was sent to deal with it. As Shelevan was currently in a meditative stance, her mind was closed off to all but the strongest- no matter how she wished to, she would not leave this trance until she was broken out of it. One way or another.

Until then, she was sleepwalking. But Shelevan enjoyed it. The quiet, the calm, it was all very peaceful. And floating in the darkened realm of her mind, she was able to examine and think without much distraction. But a note of discord sounded throughout her mind, one that she would be unable to find out until later, as Lady Siobhan wished not to accidentally cause so great a shock that she was jolted out of her reverie too early. What had she been called for?

The question echoing through her mind, she sighed and decided to attempt to focus on meditating on something else, as focusing on it would do nothing but disturb the harmony within her mind at the moment. So, she took a deep breath, relaxed, and slowly started to recite a prayer of revelation...

((Part 2 coming later tonight))

• Brohoof 1

Walking through the streets of canterlot, kazas, in a red hooded cloak that had lost much of it's luster, traveled towards a food stand. Nourishment was desperately needed.

Nowadays, at the griffon embassy in canterlot, things are chaotic. Rumors of occult murders have been circulating through the streets, all involving spikes and some odd runes, usually painted in the victim's blood. As they are not familiar to most ponies, the majority looked for anything with any possible foreign influences that could have sparked these religious murders. As the griffon embassy was built only 3 months ago, many suspected that it was in fact some of the ambassadors such as kazas himself commiting the murders. of course, most of the griffons at the embassy were either a follower of ezerepth, or not religious at all. Of course ezerepth, the great Phoenix who is said to have given life to the griffon species along with the Phoenixes in the major griffonic religion, spread a messege of compassion, love, and utter hatred of evil, but also taught that ' it takes a much stronger will to forgive your enemies than to slay them'. That being said, occult murder was not their domain.

Kazas made his way to the food stand. He took an apple and paid for it, but was stopped by a heckler, obviously ignorant to his own ways.

Heckler: " so it seems we've got a griffon who's overstepping his boundaries by killing ponies and performing a ritual. What, you need blood more pure than your own? You HALF BREED scum!"

It was well known that griffons were half eagle, half lion. Ezerepth's design for the griffons was strange and no one knew why they were like this, but nonetheless, it was their design.

Kazas: " what you say is untrue. We are not occult murderers! Our doctrines teach love, kindness, and forgiveness. I am not a murderer, and I assure you that no one at the embassy is either. Now, I wish to eat my food in pea-"

Kazas was interrupted with a hoof to the face. He reeled back. He then looked at the heckler, and smiled a kind smile, which threw the heckler and those who watched the commotion off. Indeed, the flow of pedestrian traffic around the area ceased to move, as they were all watching. Kazas spoke.

" friend, you have to realize that I've lived through a war. it'll take a lot more than a measley punch to stop me. Now please. Go in peace. I have no intention of harming you, or any other soul. So please. Go home and be a family man"

Just then, a member of the pony officer guard came and grabbed the heckler from behind. The officer spoke to heckler pony. " don't you realize that the penalty for attacking an ambassador from an allied nation carries a severe punishment if he chooses to press char-"

Kazas interrupted. " the man has done nothing wrong. Let him go. Please."

Officer: " but I literally just saw him swing at you!"

Kazas: " let him go. It was his way of expressing feelings. I must ask that you walk him 100 paces, into the crowd to the right. As you are doing that, I will leave and continue on my business. After a hundred paces has been reached, please let him go with a warning."

Officer: " if that is what you wish.... So be it."

The officer did as asked, and kazas continued his walk back to the embassy. Normally, he'd see the punch coming, but due to his slashed right eye and how the cloak lessened peripheral vision, he could not defend himself from it.

He ate the apple on the way back to the embassy. A warm, soft glow appeared from within his cloak. Thankfully he was alone on this street.

A presence of which comforted him greatly, confined to his family heirloom sword for generations.

' kazas. I know our creator would detest the heckler's harm, but we live in a day and age in which you must defend yourself. I've protected your family for generations. But sometimes, you must protect yourself even if that means suffering comes to someone else.'

" simorgh, I've had enough killing for one lifetime. One war was enough. Especially a civil war where I'm spilling the blood of my own kind! I don't want to hurt anyone again... I only wish to use our power to heal those who need it... What's so civil about a civil war, anyways?"

The soul in the hidden sword uttered one last thing, and became dormant again. ' kazas, that is a noble path. But heed in mind. This world is cruel... Someday... You won't have a choice.

The embassy came in view. He finished his apple.

" I know. "

• Brohoof 2

@,

Rax'Mar grimanced as he surveyed the near empty streets, by a vacant tent that was in the middle of the roadside market. "What happened to "The Most Exquisite Potions"? Can they not match their name?"

You should be patient, my friend. Perhaps the killings drove them off?

"Still doesn't help my position." His demonic hand readjusting the grip of his staff, his robes depicting him of an archmage of darker and edgier arts, he couldn't help but notice how well he stood out from the crowd. It was if the ponies purposefully gave him a ten foot bubble. That suited him well. He was sanctioned by Celestia, and whether or not the crowd wanted to accept that were their own-

-well, you couldn't argue with them, really. I mean, they do have a point. Rax'Mar wouldn't want to be near a demonancer unless he was a demonancer him or herself. Shrugging, he walked along, counting his paces for entertainment, before looking up when he was roughly a dozen feet from an odd griffon. One of the demons in his staff seemed to have recognized him, and wasn't keen on going near him, but with a thought, its complaints were silenced. Straightening his robe, he took a step towards these griffons and cleared his throat.

"Hello, there! I was wondering if you could help me find a potions stand that isn't closed because of public fear. I'm looking for a few firebulbs and a Hostroot."

(edited)

@, @,

I had finally made it. After a week of walking, running, and hard labor as I had walked my way from Manehatten to Canterlot I finally looked up at the big city I had been hearing so much about lately. It was quite clear, even when looking at it from a distance, that Canterlot was not exactly the city that it used to be. I mean, you could definitely see that this was once a beautiful city that held many ponies and was rampant with tourism. But now, as I approach it, even I could feel a chill of eerieness as I walked up to the main gates, being stopped by the guards. Bit getting them to let me pass was simple. I would have loved to have just pushed past them and not wasted time, but instead I reached under my home made grey armor and pulled out a small medal, showing that I had at least good ranking in the royal guard. Now, technically I was no longer part of the guard, but they didn't need to know that part.

But as I walked inside of the city, the big doors of the city closing behind me, I could see why my friend left this place. There was hardly anypony on the streets of the supposed 'capital city' of Equestria. And it was almost like there was a slight dark fog hanging over the city as I began to walk around the city, seeing very few ponies. But as I walked around I began to notice that there were some ponies around that didn't exactly seem like they would usually belong. Specifically, some strange pony that looked like he belonged in some sort of ritual cult. And talking to a griffin? I don't try to be racist, but that doesn't exactly bode well with me. At least he isn't talking with a zebra, but still.

I shift the sleeves that cover up my legs, making sure that at least my front legs still have power for now, thankful that they matched the color of my fur perfectly. And then I shift my eye patch to make sure it covered up my artificial eye before walking up to them I clear my voice, trying to get both of their attentions at one time before giving them both a cold stare, but especially the pony in the robe. "Excuse me you two, but what business do you two have being out here? Last I heard, things haven't exactly been going well for locals around here when they are alone." Then I zero in on the stallion wearing a robe. "And last I checked, robes aren't exactly common for ponies to walk around in. What are you up to?"

Edited by Charcoal Embers
  • Brohoof 1

As the sun began to set, Lume Greenpark sat silently by a window, gazing at the nothingness the Canterlot streets had to show. She appeared to be exceptionally uneasy, thoughtful, as she carefully watched the city's central plaza and the few brave ponies that dared to walk by those streets.

Having arrived the capital a few days ago, the young mare was housed in a local diner, from where she most likely wasn't going to leave so soon. Immediately after the reports about mysterious, cruel assassinations spread out across the kingdom, along came an immobilizing wave of fear that forced Lume to find shelter along with a small group of terrified citizens. During this undesirably long stay, various questions came by her head: how was her family doing, how the Royalty intended to end that chaos, and mostly, what was so intriguing about it.

"You look worried tonight, Lume." Said an old, weary-looking stallion, as he approached her. He was the owner of the diner, and also the one responsible for taking care of the group of refugees, which included Lume. "Is there something bothering you?"

She turned around to face him and shook off her thoughts. "It's nothing, really..." She replied. The stallion raised an eyebrow "The others are in the kitchen preparing the supper. Wouldn't you like to join?" He insisted. "I... I'll be there in a minute. Thank you." She finished. The owner then let out a dull sigh. "Don't forget to close and lock the windows when you come. It's dangerous, you know." As he made his way to the back of the building.

She smiled briefly and returned her attention to the plaza outside.

Something's not right...

• Brohoof 1

@magos ampharose

Kazas pulled back his hood to reveal his face. Ashen gray feathers with a gold beak and a slashed right eye. He smiled at the stranger and said " hmmmmmm.... Well I do remember passing one not too long ago. Go to the way I came from in this alley, take a left at the end, and travel on that alley until you reach an intersection. Then, turn right and it should be the third stand on your left, near the main marketplace.

The sword pulsated but let no glow, and then stopped. As if something about this pony threw simorgh for a surprising loop. As if a familiar force met with simorgh's own, a dark force. Kazas could feel it.

@ charcoal embers

He then turned to the other pony to address him. " hello." Kazas said with a warm smile. " I am ambassador kazas. I come from the griffon empire and I help public relations between our two kingdoms. I was returning to the embassy after retrieving my meal to finish up my paperwork."

• Brohoof 1

@@@Charcoal Embers,

"Excellent. Thank you." He started to turn in the direction that the griffon was pointing when a different pony asked a question concerning Rax'Mar's attitude. It certainly didn't help that his demonic hand, attached where one of his forearms should be, started pulsating and glowing ever so slightly. Sighing inwardly, he took a breath before turning to the stallion.

"I am searching for potion ingredients. And, considering I am an archmage, I think that robes are fully suitable thing for me to wear. Even if I do specialize in darker magics. I have my paperwork and letter of permission from Celestia if you wish for me to present it to you."

• Brohoof 1

As per Helios’ report, Kalith was following the stench sulfur and graveyard dirt. It was hardly noticeable in her current position in the city; so much so that one would have to be intentionally looking to be able to pick up on it. During the debriefing, it was estimated that the culprits had obviously taken to operating under the cover of night, pinning their victims to the closest flat surface with large, ornate spikes and draining them of blood. However, Lady Siobhan had been oddly tight-lipped on the meanings of each specific rune, as well as their individual purposes.

“Your only focus now is to find out who is behind these atrocities,” she had ordered sternly, “Once you have this information, report back to the Celatum. My sister and I will decide what to do from there.”

It had nettled her in a way she had never experienced before. While she couldn't deny that pride was one of the reasons she felt she should handle the investigation herself; it was mainly the fact that she wasn't fond of wasting time. Every day spent trekking all the way back to the sanctuary meant more lives lost. It was unnecessary, and she couldn't seem to grasp why Siobhan would hand down such an order, even when they both knew it meant that more innocents would probably die.

As far as they knew, the culprits sacrificed at least one victim nightly ((mostly tourists and visitors)), and had been doing so for a solid four months now; plenty of time for the citizens to get good and scared. It seemed that the culprits fed on their fear, enjoying it as much as a starving orphan would enjoy a good meal. The behavior practically screamed "Inorganic”. But, according to Lady Siobhan, that wasn't the case.

With an irritated sigh, she turned sharply, pausing only for a moment to be sure her companion followed, before continuing down the next alley. The lower the sun fell, the stronger the stench of sulfur and graveyard dirt got. They were getting closer.

Mirrorwing sits atop his cloud hiose hidden from view, "occult murders huh?, i cant allow this to continie and risk the safety of my princess" He jumps off flying high to avoid detection from thw ponies below, "i bet those cloaked ponies from before that i saw" as he files he sees a griffon and flies down to land in a shadow, "griffon, please come over here", he speaks from the shadows.

@mirrorwing

The griffon, still in front of the grey armored stranger and hearing another from the shadows, spoke somewhat loudly, and quickly. He glanced over where the voice came from.

" if you have business with me, step out of the shadows. Grace us all with your appearance. Unless of course, you are skulking around the shadows because you are someone with... Darker intentions. Make no mistake, I am accusing you of nothing. But these days... Everyone has to be careful."

@,

Shelevan didn't know what had happened. Flashes of light, pieces of memories. An army of many stemming from one. Cultists, shadows, demons. A lord and his minions, and a collector of hearts. A great light extending from the dark...

Which, in combination when she opened her eyes, she could not see anything but darkness, caused her a momentary stab of panic, stumbling backwards with a gasp and landing on her rump. Had she died? But, no. After taking a breath, she navigated a hoof to her face and slid up and off the mask, given to ponies who are amid their personal meditations. Looking around for a moment, she took a deep breath to steady herself before slowly wobbling to her hooves. Well, they were in a Canterlotian alley, that was for sure, but other than that, not much could be immediately determined.

Her eyes landing on a pony she took to be her friend. Shelevan took another breath before walking over, her legs still shaking a little. "Kailith...? Is that you?"

"Heh, wise bur im afraid i cannot, it would draw undue attention to us both, considering im not exactly normal" Mirrorwing shits his wing to cach the sunlihht and reflect it at the griffons feet.

"Im sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully youll understand my wish now, after all though, i understand your caution"

@mirrorwing

" you drive a hard bargin. Okay, but keep in Mind that there is a warrior clad in grey armor along with an archmage nearby. And not to mention....."

Kazas unclipped the cloak and showed off leather armor and his prized blade.

" I'm packing my own weaponry. And even if you were one of the occult murderers and you killed me, then you'd surely either be captured or slain by the others. Again, I'm not accusing you. But I have too many reasons to live. I'm coming over there right now."

Kazas walked over, with his claw on his sword hilt. If this pony tried any funny business, it was going to be a blade fight.

Of course... Kazas could always resort to IT in a desperate measure... But even if there would be a fight he would have no intent to kill. Only maim or render unconscious.

" I'm here. What do you need?"

@, @, @,

I looked back and forth between the griffin and the pony who claims that he is the archmage. At least with the griffin, his story is quite believable since he is actually a griffin, and they aren't usually here in Equestria unless they are on official business. Or unless they are just here to visit friends. And it is obvious that this griffin is not here to just make friends. So, at least his story checked out, or at least it seemed to.

The pony in a robe on the other hoof, he was a lot more suspicious. I would have a lot more questions for him if I actually had the authority to pull him in for questioning, but that isn't something I can do. But at the very least, looking at these alleged letters or whatever from the princess. I don't know exactly what he is playing here, but I am going to want some more proof. "Alright Mr Archmage. Show me this letter and papers that you say you have. I would like to see some proof of them if you don't mind." I say to him, putting a lot of authority in my voice.

But while I am waiting to get the papers and documents from the pony, both the griffin and myself hear the pony that came down in an alley way not far from where we. I couldn't get a very good look at him, both from it being dark and from how the pony somehow reflected the sun. She would have spoken to the pony herself then, but then the griffin begins walking towards the pony. Not waiting on the papers I begin following the griffin myself, wanting to know more about this pony too, and if he has anything to do with why this town is so alone and lonely feeling.

"I do not intend a fight, the princess would frown upon that." He steps out of the shadows enough to be seen by those in the alley. "Griffon, your name please? And as someone from another land, i must ask, have you seen anything like the strange runes at the scenes of the supposed occult murders?" He bows his head slightly in respect.

@@Charcoal Embers,

"If I must." He pulled out an ancient looking card and presented it to her, before pulling out a sheet of parchment with an official-looking slogan on the front of it. "The mage here known as Rax'Mar from the recently dispelled Academy of Darkness... la de da... given permission to practice his arts in accordance of the laws of the land... doo be doo... in return for twenty years of service. Furthermore, he shall be known as Archmage, and have all permissions therein. Basically," he added, "as long as I don't turn anyone innocent inside out, I'm fine. Although, I do need a new licensce... eh. I'm here anyways. I'll do it while I'm here.

• Brohoof 1

@mirrorwing

" a servant of the princess? My apologies. I hope you can understand the caution. I am kazas frahma. Ambassador from the griffon empire, ex soldier and royal guard member. I am an adherent of, and report directly to emperor Raziak."

He spoke loudly so the others could hear. They all seemed trust worthy, and unlikely to be the occult murderers. Plus, it would cover two unneeded formal introductions.

" here is the royal griffonic sigil, if you need proof." He pulled out a small, white shining stone from his cloak pocket. Engraved was a gold griffon head, embraced by what appeared to be a great Phoenix. Ezerepth. The symbol of the royal family, given to family members and high ranking royal guard, and sometimes, even close friends of the royal family.

He showed it to mirrorwing, and retracted it as proof.

" and no. This case seems to be isolated only to equestria. Hopefully we can solve this problem befor-"

He heard a child voice call for his name, along with the sound of hard trotting. He turned. It was sinning saint, a young courrier earth pony. Used to be, he was an orphan, but the griffon embassy gave him food and a place to sleep in exchange for running errands. He had a special place in the embassy residents' hearts, but that's a story for another day.

Sinning saint trotted up to kazas.

Saint: * pant... Pant* " I finally... Found you. A letter... From the griffon empire. Emporer Raziak wrote it... Your eyes only."

Kazas: " this is important indeed! Please allow me to see this. You've done good, saint. Take my water flask and here's a bit of coin for ice cream, if you want it. Run along now... And be careful. You know it's dangerous in the alley ways. Stay out of them for now, okay? Until we find the bad guys."

Sinning saint smiled. He spoke. " yes sir, kazas! Thank you for the water and the ice cream money! I'll see you at the embassy! Will you do more fire tricks for me later? Please?"

Kazas: " of course, child." Kazas said with a warm smile and patted his head. " now be safe. I'll be there shortly."

Sinning saint: " got it!" And with that he trotted off.

Once he was out of ear shot, kazas turned to mirrorwing.

" sorry... But I must read this letter. If it was emperor Raziak that wrote it, it must be important. It'll only take a moment." He said.

He broke the seal of the envelope, pulled out the letter, and read it.

When he finished reading... His expression was one of true fear and urgency. He dropped the letter out

Of sheer shock.

" friend... This occult murder problem... Just became international. It's happening in the empire. For now... It's confined to the outer village of nizarim, a village that was established on the edge of the Blue Scar desert... But it's bad... 30 out of 743 dead... All with runes painted with blood, pinned by spikes..."

"International huh?, great. So far we got a bunch of killings, all done with some runes noones ever seen before, and now its crossing nations, however they may only be copy cat killings, meaning he main cause is still here but whatever the reason, these, whoevere they arw cannot be allowed to continue killing" accidentally raising his voice, he looks around, "also i hope that kid doesnt mention me, i prefer animosity due to my, well condition" as he says this his wings slightly unfurl catching the light.

Having grown tired of waiting, Lume later searched for the owner once again, who was having a meal with the other refugees in the diner's kitchen. She called him for a private conversation and suggested a plan: she wanted to go out in the night streets in order to help with the investigations and put an end to that mystery once for all.

"Have you gone insane??" The owner of the diner yelled in utter astonishment after hearing what her request was. "This is suicide, I tell you! Suicide!!" 

"Mr. Clover, please, listen to me." The orange mare quietly responded, trying to calm the stallion down. "This murder spree... There's something obviously odd about it. Don't you see it? The way the victims are killed, the way their corpses are displayed, the clues left in the crime scene... I believe it all has some sort of connection that could lead us to the culprit and his or her reasons. We're not helping anybody by standing here, cowering in fear. We need to find out what's happening behind the curtains." Lume explained to him.

"It's better not to get involved: let the authorities and the Royalty handle the situation their way. Being curious will just end up killing you." Mr. Clover said.

"I thought you would say that..." Lume followed up. "But I've decided. I won't stay to watch another innocent soul fall into the hooves of this demented murderer. If you're not going with me, then I guess I'll have to do this on my own." She finished, her eyes sparkling with determination. The old stallion ground his teeth and stomped a hoof on the ground. "Fine! Do whatever you want! But once you set hoof out of my diner, you won't be of my concern anymore! I hope you understand that." And he left, angry, back into the kitchen.

~~~

Once Lume was outside, she carefully examined the surrounding area of the city's central plaza: The streets were dark and, with the sunlight nearly gone, it was very difficult to see. All of the nearby houses had their windows and front doors shut tight - some were even barricaded with wooden planks.

"Alright... Now what?" She silently muttered to herself. There were clearly no ponies to be seen, but from afar, a small group was gathered near the marketplace on the other side of the plaza: there seemed to be a griffon with them, which called her attention. Mindful, she just stood there, silently waiting and thinking of her next move.

@

Kalith stumbled to a halt before slowly turning her head, eyes wide with surprise. She turned to fully face her companion, slipping the hood off of her head. Shelevan looked groggy and a little confused; her legs still shook slightly.

"Yes, it's me," she answered, brows furrowed in concern, "Are you alright? Did you sense something?"

She hadn't known very much about Shelevan's meditative state; only that she wouldn't be leaving it unless someone- or something- interrupted. That something had to be fairly powerful to reach her in such a deep trance. Kalith could only assume that what ever had woken her friend, it wasn't good. 

@@@@Charcoal Embers,

Awaiting a response from the inquisitive pony- whom, underneath her robes, seemed to be floating for some reason- Rax'Mar turned to the conversation now being held in the nearby shadows. "These are now international murders?" He took a breath, "Well, that's something to worry about... I wonder why? Hopefully it's not some insane cult that might be sacrificing to the entity of nightmares again or something like that. I have a somnomancer or two that I know, perhaps I can consult with them about it."

@,

Shelevan blinked a few times, still trying to reorient herself somewhat. "I... had a vision of some sort. It was quite sudden..." Looking around her once again before turning back to her. "Something has happened that has disturbed the balance of one of the planes. Perhaps that is what stimulated my... violent thrust into visions, and the general incoherence of them. It will take some time to decipher them into something understandable... as well as to realize what this event is." She took another deep breath before forcing her legs steady. "I'll... be fine in a few minutes of walking. Let us continue forward." Shelevan decided that it was not the best time to ask her questions. She would follow along and see if she could determine the mission from where it leads, while trying to do the same with the vision that was just granted to her...

Out of the corner of his eye Mirrorwing sees an orange mare watching them. "Do any of tou know that pony over thier by chance?" He asks, pointing. "Shes been watching us for a few minutes now". He keeps his wings back in the shadows, but looks directly at the pony, knowing he can catch er if she runs.