Which would you rather be bitten by?

null1

Be bitten by Snake or Shark?  

34 users have voted

1. 1. Be bitten by a:

• Venomous Snake
    • Great White Shark

(edited)

The thought has occurred to me, I've grown to respect venomous snakes because of how lethal they can be. Being bitten by one is likely a death sentence, unless proper medical care and anti-venom can be administered quickly. You do not f*ck with the snake.

Then there are sharks, such as the Great White Shark. Look up the bites these things give on Google Images, or don't. Big mouth, big bites. You do not f*ck with the shark.

But say you were in a situation where it's one or the other. Be bitten by the nasty ass venomous snake, or suffer a bite from the big ass shark.

Choose wisely.

EDIT: You have an equal chance of living or dying from wounds suffered.

Edited by DeltaTangent

Uh in the situation you implied it really isn't a contest... Being bitten by the shark, while having a high death probability, is not a 100% death chance, as the snake bite would be (so long as it is venomous enough). However I still think I would take the shark bite SO LONG AS it was not somewhere that could cause a loss of limb or life  :huh:

well if i where in a small island i might take my chance with the shark because maybe i taste like sh*t and he dont make a too big of a bite 

rather then with a poison snake that will kill me because i can get any antivenom if im on a small island 

• Brohoof 2

Uh in the situation you implied it really isn't a contest... Being bitten by the shark, while having a high death probability, is not a 100% death chance, as the snake bite would be (so long as it is venomous enough). However I still think I would take the shark bite SO LONG AS it was not somewhere that could cause a loss of limb or life  :huh:

The situation is merely a placeholder, take it as being bitten by either one gives you an equal chance of living or dying. I should have specified better.

Well, if it was like a cobra, it probably wouldn't kill me instantly, and with all the antidotes today, I'd rather be sore for a few days then risk losing a limb. But if it were...say a black mamba...that'd be different

The situation is merely a placeholder, take it as being bitten by either one gives you an equal chance of living or dying. I should have specified better.

Yeah see, everyone else is using the island in their examples  :lol: I honestly would just remove it if that wasn't your intention, as that changes answers quite a bit... For example, since a shark has a higher chance of removing my limbs I would take the snake bite as, with anti-venom, I would most likely survive with all limbs attached, something a shark would be less inclined to let me do  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah see, everyone else is using the island in their examples  :lol: I honestly would just remove it if that wasn't your intention, as that changes answers quite a bit... For example, since a shark has a higher chance of removing my limbs I would take the snake bite as, with anti-venom, I would most likely survive with all limbs attached, something a shark would be less inclined to let me do  ;)

Done.

You'd actually be surprised by the amputations done because of bad snakebites, if there isn't one, then the limb has a strong chance of being severely disfigured, maybe minus a digit or two. With the snake, you know what is going to happen, and it can be treated, just a matter of time and care.

With sharks, it's more randomized, the bite might be small, or it might be huge. You might survive, but be worse off then the snakebite, or you could have a gnarly scar that could be shown off. It's a big chance.

Depends on what snake. If it is a snake like the common american rattler, then I would take be bitten by the snake, as more hospitals carry anti-venom for such a bite due to how common the snake is.

And I'd have to be a pretty big guy to want to tango with a shark.

Done.

You'd actually be surprised by the amputations done because of bad snakebites, if there isn't one, then the limb has a strong chance of being severely disfigured, maybe minus a digit or two. With the snake, you know what is going to happen, and it can be treated, just a matter of time and care.

With sharks, it's more randomized, the bite might be small, or it might be huge. You might survive, but be worse off then the snakebite, or you could have a gnarly scar that could be shown off. It's a big chance.

I said BETTER, not FOR SURE  ;)

(edited)

If i get bitten by a snake, there's at best the chance i can get anti-venom in time. At worst, i might have to consider amputating myself or something crazy - in the wild, that drops my chances of survival to next to nil.

Still beats being shred to bits by a shark in the middle of a damn ocean, drowning as it snacks on my sad remains.

EDIT: Not to mention shark teeth a F**king serrated, that's the biological equivalent to a chainsaw.

Edited by Terminus
  • Brohoof 2

Depends on what snake. If it is a snake like the common american rattler, then I would take be bitten by the snake, as more hospitals carry anti-venom for such a bite due to how common the snake is.

And I'd have to be a pretty big guy to want to tango with a shark.

why don't you do the pavlova with it instead of the tango then?

If I was near a hospital/anti-venom, the snake.  If I was alone in the wilderness and had to fend for myself, the shark.  But then again, as PegaMister pointed out, if you're bitten by the shark, that would probably mean you're in the ocean, and that would be certain death.  Disregarding that fact, if one was alone, I think the chances of survival and recovery would be better with a shark bite.  Of course, it depends on the type of snake.  I'm assuming a nasty one.  The snake venom rots you from the inside out.  No chance.  You might be able to clean the shark wound and recover.

On another note, am I really debating this?  What a funny topic.

(edited)

I guess it depends. Being bitten by a great white means it's likely you're in the setting to get bitten again, and probably die.

Whereas I've heard lots of stories of people getting bit by a poisonous snake, and are rushed to the hospital where they are treated back to normal.

I'd take the snake bite :unsure:. The shark will leave a mark on me.

On second thought, I'm not so sure. Mom told me today that a woman was bitten by a snake while handling corn cobs, and she passed away before she had the chance to drive home :unsure:.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

Damn that's a hard one. Definitely snake, but I wouldn't like either. Sharks creep me the hell out, but snakes fuck people up too. I live where snakebites are very common and treatment is very accessable.

Well, I don't think I'd be hanging around in waters with sharks much. But regardless.

If I was able to get a cure for the venom of the snake that bites me very soon I'd probably take the snake, especially if it wasn't a super deadly venomous snake. Some snakes have more deadly venom than others, so it'd be hard to say. 

And then the shark would matter depending on how fast it takes for me to get to medical attention for it, where he is biting me, and a bunch of other factors.

Although I feel like my chances of survivial are higher with a snake, unless it's a highly venomous snake, and I'm a good distance away from a place with the anti-venom. 

Although either way i'd mostlikely end up losing a limb, well, i guess it depends on the snake still, but yeah.

I'm just gonna go with the snake for now I guess.

It really depends on the snake, but I'm going to have to go with the Great White Shark. Great Whites may have a nasty bit, but humans aren't exactly their food of choice, so they'll leave you alone after a good taste. Additionally, I'm scared of snakes, and a shark bite would leave a nicer scar, so ya, I'll go with the fishy on this one.

Definitely a snake. I like snakes anyway. Sharks though...those are in my nightmares. Especially a great white. I'd rather hurt from a small bite and feel sick from an easily curable poison rather than be chomped by a huge shark.