Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Avoid copyright by Hasbro on animations?

ChickenCake

A couple of my videos have been copyright claimed by Hasbro. All of these are videos that I use the fully recognizable ponies (not the pointy ponies). They are: Pinkie's Smartphone App and Baby Cakes Like Waffles. I have future plans to make animations that use the full ponies, but I would like to avoid copyright claims. What can I do? I was thinking of making all of the outlines black, but I don't know if that will be enough. I could also create an entirely new style, but that would be annoying. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I'm pretty sure it was content ID. I was able to acknowledge third party content and was able to keep the videos. But I think that Hasbro has the monetization rights on those videos.

There isn't anything you can do, except maybe start making OC animations.
This isn't what you'll want to hear, but it has to be said.
Hasbro owns the right to those characters, and their likenesses. Pinkie and the baby Cakes are Hasbro's IP, and they have every right to do this.

I haven't been given any warnings on the videos that have the pointy ponies, so I don't think that it is completely unavoidable. Have other animations like Fluffle Puff or My Little Portal been in the same situation? If they haven't, then I probably can avoid copyright infringement by modifying the style.

Oh, 'Matched Third Party Content'

I honestly don't know how to bypass the failed monetization, though I'm trying to actually write a script to pull status on videos to get an idea of how wide this is right now, but it looks like You Tube hasn't put this reason into their status.rejectionReason set yet.

I haven't been given any warnings on the videos that have the pointy ponies, so I don't think that it is completely unavoidable. Have other animations like Fluffle Puff or My Little Portal been in the same situation? If they haven't, then I probably can avoid copyright infringement by modifying the style.

If its content ID then don't hate on Hasbro. That's Youtube's fault and there isn't much of a way around that. You can call bullshit on it and say the match was wrong but that probably won't help.

Hasbro's idiotic legal team only C&Ds popular very accurate animations. Content ID is just Youtube AI believing you did something wrong and now you can't make money of the videos. 

Edited by AnonBrony