Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you avoid making the 20th post on a thread?

silvadel

Do you avoid making the 20th 40th etc post?  

92 users have voted

1. 1. Do you avoid making the 20th post?

• Always
    • Sometimes, if I have something important to say
    • I avoid the 19th as well.
    • I don't even look
    • I don't care about the page placement of my posts

I was about to make a LONG post on one of the threads and I decided not to because it would be the 20th and go away into the old page without many people reading it.  Do you do that ever as well?

• Brohoof 2

I voted sometimes but for me it's a VERY rare sometimes.  If it's something I want to get noticed, yes, I will wait until I know my post will go to or near the top of the page.  But for the most part, I don't worry about it.  More often than not, I end up getting the first post on the next page unintentionally.  :lol: 

• Brohoof 2

It really depends on what kind of thread it is. If it is a thread were I am just going to make a joke/reference and then leave then I will occasionally avoid posting past the first page, as the whole point of the joke is to make people laugh, and the less people see it the less may be able to enjoy it and laugh. But if it is a thread of legitimate discussion, then I don't worry as I am posting to share my opinion rather than make a reference or joke.

I don't really look. I appreciate long replies, and people who are interested in discussing something in detail likely won't mind reading to the 20th post of a topic. :) While I do prefer to post on the first page, or end up as the first post of a new page, I don't go out of my way to get either option.

So that one time I posted a picture of myself.. It was the 20th post. I un spoilered it I believe. If it's not really important, I don't care, but sometimes if like people to read it (or it feels like I'm just telling myself that post).

I do this ALL THE TIME! I thought I was the only one, lol. If there's 18 posts, I wait until there's 19. Then once it's at 19, if you post in the thread it will bump you to the next page.

Well, I certainly don't, see ? lol

Well, I guess, that being the last post on this page no-one is going to read it right ?

Nopony ever reads me :(

I'm going to cry now :(

EDIT : Hang on a minute, did I miscount something ?

This is not the 20th post, it is the 21st.

Damn, I just look like a fool now.....

EDIT 2 : Of course, the count starts at 0, how did I not notice that :(

Edited by boiteporte
  • Brohoof 2

I really don't care personally, I actually didn't even know how many posts belonged to each page before you told me on here xD. Honestly, even after all the time i've been here, i never bothered to learn that...

So yeah, i can't say I care, I mean sure, I may possibly not get as many views of my post, but if I spent time typing it, I may as well post it.

There are some people who read posts on pages other than the first page... right?

No but seriously, I've started to try and do this myself more recently, but i'll be honest, I only really read the first page or last page at my time of posting, when posting in threads. But I make more of an effort now to read as many of the posts as I can, and I feel I enjoy discussion much more now! Especially if I end up finding someone to quote or respond to.

But yeah, as far as the topic goes, I don't really care where my post ends up in the end.

It would be nice if it kept the last page full regardless of where it was instead of doing it by number, so you would get the last 20 messages wherever they started when you click a thread.  Then it wouldn't matter.

Yeah I tend to do that sometimes; not wanting to post my post if it's just gonna end up near the end of the page. Not just on the first page, on any page. Normally I don't pay too much attention, but when I do, I kinda feel hesitant. :P