Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you avoid making the 20th post on a thread?

silvadel

Do you avoid making the 20th 40th etc post?  

92 users have voted

1. 1. Do you avoid making the 20th post?

• Always
    • Sometimes, if I have something important to say
    • I avoid the 19th as well.
    • I don't even look
    • I don't care about the page placement of my posts

I honestly don't care. Some people will read a whole thread before commenting and other just jump in without much concept. Personally, I often read the OP and the last 1-2 pages to get the jist of a long conversation and then I comment. Whether people read what  I type or not does matter to me, but I go in expecting no one to read my posts....oftentimes because my posts are often quite methodical and long. I often put a lot of thought into topics that are long enough to warrant such good debate/conversation/interactions....I am excluding Forum games of course....

• 2 weeks later...

Never really thought about it.  I've never really noticed or cared where my post goes.  I just like to state my piece on a given topic and usually go on, and if someone does or doesn't read it, oh well.  I said what I wanted to say.

I try not to think about it but I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice it at all. If I really want people to see my post for whatever reason I'll usually wait for someone else to say something, but otherwise I don't really care. :)

Never noticed that, but there are times I've been worried my post would be overlooked. I actually do read the posts at the bottom of the page more than the ones in the middle, consider I use the quick reply box, and so the last post is right above me.

• 1 month later...

No, I never pay attention to how many posts there are, but I will admit it's nice seeing my post pop up at the top of the next page. 

Actually, do not make the same mistake as I did. The 20th post is the one at the bottom of the page. The one at the top would be the 21st post. And this is because the count starts at 0. 

Actually, do not make the same mistake as I did. The 20th post is the one at the bottom of the page. The one at the top would be the 21st post. And this is because the count starts at 0. 

Yeah I know, I'm saying it's satisfying getting the 21st post but I don't really care if I get the 20th. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I honestly couldn't care less, so I don't even check what number the last post was (plus, I never can recall exactly how this system works... :P). And, what can I say- I'm impatient  :please:

• 4 weeks later...

20 is one of my favorite numbers, so I try to make the 20th post quite frequently. It does not appear to serve any beneficial purpose to the communities in which I make these posts because nopony seems to read them. :(