What is 1 thing you least like about MLP:FIM

Stone Cold Applejack

This is a bit of a double-edged sword. I feel like there's not enough adventure in the series. I know that the bread and butter of this show is slice of life, but the lack of high stakes gets to me sometimes.You feel more in a show when you realize that your characters could be hurt, and more often than not, I don't get that from FIM. It's one of the things G1 did better than G4, imo.

Not enough Zecora. Not enough Flim Flam brothers.

Im pretty content with the show overall. If I had one thing to complain about, I'd say I'd like Spike to have better episodes. Equestria Games has a huge step in the right direction. The rest of his episodes are a little dumb.

Edit: I noticed a lot of people dislike the theme song. I did at first too, but it's really grown on me.

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 3

29q1lx3.jpg

Sometimes, I feel that maybe the message of friendship is a bit overdone at times. I mean, it is rightfully the main focus of the show, but sometimes, I feel the show may go a bit far in beating you over the head with it.

To be fair, that's not a big compliment. I have little to no issues with the show itself.

Edited by PathfinderCS

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

I've seen a lot of conversation (not here, but elsewhere) about how Applejack and Rainbow Dash don't really fit their elements as well as the others (and in some cases, should have the other's element instead).  I think that particular problem is something I wish would have been fixed and done better in the show so that they would have fit better with their roles. 

• Brohoof 1

I like the theme music. I understand how people wouldn't like it, but look at it this way: it could be a LOT worse. It could be like the previous generation openings, a lot more girly.

I guess the main thing I don't like is when there's continuity errors or just things that don't make sense in general, like for example flashbacks that have background ponies that are the exact same age in the present time (for example, I'm pretty sure the foals from Sweetie Belle's 5th birthday party are the same as the ones shown in present time in "Inspiration Manifestation"; I'm not %100 sure of this, though, I didn't pay too close attention, but I'm pretty sure they're the same). I really wish they'd pay more attention (or care more) about little details like this. Because things like this remind you that what you're watching isn't real but had creators behind it. Of course you know that it's not real but while your watching a show it's always better if you can be made to forget that what you're watching is scripted and created by actual people, because you become more engaged in the show. It's the same thing watching a play if an actor breaks character. Even if it's only momentary, it reminds you that he's just an actor, which distances you from the story. Same thing with keeping plot details/character histories/character personalities consistent in a TV show.

I guess it's not a huge issue, and it's not like it happens all the time, or even very often, only a very few times, but still... it is something that could be improved on.

Edited by Cork Top

*Sigh* Trying to explain what the show is and what it is about to people older than me and trying to NOT sound like I have mental issues... Seriously, I had to explain the show to my social worker and GOD I sounded like I had real issues... Thankfully, in High School, everyone seems to leave each other alone (From what I have seen and experienced) and don't ask questions, but those who do, are "Eh, whatevs..." and can't care less...

img-3162089-1-iDTNExq.jpg

"Walking around with your head in the clouds, it makes no sense at all" ~Makes No Sense at All- Hüsker Dü

Gamer, FPS Enthusiast, Pokémon Fanatic; Achievement Hunter and Rooster Teeth Fan; Dubstep/Electronic and Classic Rock/Punk Fan
OC Used for Role-Playing:http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/blue-r7114 If you want to RP with me, PM me, I'm open to anyone!

Signature By: http://mlpforums.com/user/28442-the-last-derp/, Avatar by: http://mlp forums.com/user/14906-royal-blue-jay/

Some of the episodes rely a little too much on convenience, and there are occasional plotholes. The animation errors are also a sight (haha) too frequent, and most should have been caught and corrected way before the episode aired. 

Happy minion of The Fabulous One!

img-2257-1-sig-2257.sig-2257.sig-2257.Full_Spectrum2_2.jpg

Signature by Midnightive

Check out my blog! https://mlpforums.com/blog/1083-sunny-side-den/

I want to say the cuts made to the Japanese dub of the show, but more importantly then that, I'd have to say the lack of popularity in Japan.

Everything I've found on the net says that the Japanese responce to FiM has been lukewarm at best, and that makes me worried. Lack of popularity could prematurely end it's run on Japanese TV.

• Brohoof 1

halloweensig.png.397601b0ba3d0bdc1d66a19d4ccbc7fa.png

Villains, they are pretty dumb and careless. (it's a kid's show I know so not very assertive on this one)

I really liked the flower villains (forgot their name) in G1 b/c they are damn clever and not very cocky/careless to the point, not until the crabs made a comeback, which they can't really do much about, G1 stuff so not surprised if no one knows what I'm talking about.

Magic of Friendship op is fine with me but from my perspective they are just spamming rainbow laser beams, need to be more creative.

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 1

You said it ... don't blame me. :D

rarity_vs__giant_crab_by_karzahnii-d6d6w

Actually I meant these fellows

800px-Crab_Nasties.jpg

Did some research, they're called crab nasties, that name .______.

564px-Flores2.jpg

The flores, very smart villains that unfortunately look like ***

• Brohoof 2

What's so bad about the theme song? I like it... :c

The only thing I can think of is how the show sometimes makes episodes to promote their low-quality toys. Now I'm pretty aware that MLP: FiM exists to promote the toys, but it's easy to ignore that since many of the episodes are well-made. Whenever I see so-so episodes such as Magical Mystery Cure or Equestria Girls, it shows that they partially exist to boost their sales. It's kind of sad to see that Hasbro would so cheap tactics like this, but that's what they like to do. -3-

ok fair enough it wasnt that great but magical mystery cure had celestia sing and the voice actress has an amazing voice I think so for me it wasnt all bad.

• Brohoof 2

I like the opening, actually. I usually skip it for the sake of everyone else.

The one thing I like least about the show is the channel it shows on. Holy crap the commercials on the Hub are annoying.

58fcd718b2e1f_NerdyLuigisSigII.2.png.fbb45443c27c58836244b7fd6f28b2f6.png

ok fair enough it wasnt that great but magical mystery cure had celestia sing and the voice actress has an amazing voice I think so for me it wasnt all bad.

Yeah here's the thing ... EQG was the gateway to be becoming a Brony ... and I loved MMC (especically the *gasp* ascension scene).

Tastes, what are you going to do. :D

Rarity isn't in every single episode. 

OK, in all seriousness, there are some songs and some episodes that make me cringe. For example, I really dislike the song "Love is in Bloom" and the episode  "Putting your Hoof Down." 

• Brohoof 1

BcACRhR.png

Applejack Fan Club

Yeah here's the thing ... EQG was the gateway to be becoming a Brony ... and I loved MMC (especically the *gasp* ascension scene).

Tastes, what are you going to do. :D

even if people disagree just follow your own heart and mind and if you love a song then so be it. Nobody but you should have a say in what you love. Opinion is nothing but that.

even if people disagree just follow your own heart and mind and if you love a song then so be it. Nobody but you should have a say in what you love. Opinion is nothing but that.

Amen brother. This is one of my tenets .

• Brohoof 1

for me mlp has some amazing tracks and should be cherished like twilights kingdom part 1 and the music from the canterlot wedding aswell as the ball in s1 final but for me the number 1 mark is a draw of twilights kingdom and the song celestia sung as they both hold a lot of emotion. I like emotional music as its the most meaningful music to me.

I don't like that I have to wait between seasons.

Also, I don't care for Snips & Snails lol.  I hope the S&S Fan Club doesn't descend upon me en masse.

zbVhNRD.gif
"It uses the faculty of what you call imagination. But that does not mean making things up. It is a form of seeing." - from "The Amber Spyglass"