Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Five Nights at Freddy's

Jon the VGNerd

See I always found Freddy Himself to be the scariest. Chica looks silly to me, honestly. And the fact that she's so slw for most of the game makes her not that threatning. Freddy on the other hand, once you hit night 5, is a terrifying motherfucker.

Yes, but she lingers outside the room the longest to compensate.

Which means that she drains the power faster. I, on the other hand, find Foxie to be the most annoying. When he leaves the cove, you have a limited time before you can close the door. Also, he drains a certain amount of power each time he bangs on the door.

Only the first 3 nights are startling. Once you get in the 4th night, and you already know the animatronics' patterns, it's an easy win. Unless the game decides to be a dick with Freddy.

@@boiteporte,It is... and also people have also said stuff about the game. LOTS OF STUFF. I think those who join the thread are better if they don't read all of it. Cause seriously there are people here who analyze tactics and stuff. I don't consider that kind... at all. This thead should be an information kiosk about the game but not how to play the game. I realize this might be backseat moderation but i just say what i think. 

THANK YOU! Seriously though guys if you think this is scary you are wrong. Try playing "The Suffering" or "Dead Space" real fear right there cause this shits more realistic. I find this game to be hilarious to be honest more than scary. I am being chased by gigantic metalic teddy bears? I can only find THIS funny.

I played both awhile back, I found The Suffering to be boring(its like its trying so hard to be psychologically frightening but somehow forgets the subtlety) and Dead Space was basically a very less scary version of Ridley Scott's Alien.

If you want games that are actually scary, play the  "Silent Hill" trilogy(preferably not the crap HD collection versions), the "Fatal Frame" series and "SCP Containment Breach".

Edited by HopeTheWanderer
  • Brohoof 1

"Silent Hill" trilogy

Lol, I am pretty sure that Silent Hill was more than just a trilogy.

Please don't be like the Silent Hill hardcore fans who think that all the Silent Hill beyond the third one were bad, because even though they departed from the main series, they are still very good. 

I played both awhile back, I found The Suffering to be boring(its like its trying so hard to be psychologically frightening but somehow forgets the subtlety) and Dead Space was basically a very less scary version of Ridley Scott's Alien.

If you want games that are actually scary, play the  "Silent Hill" trilogy(preferably not the crap HD collection versions), the "Fatal Frame" series and "SCP Containment Breach".

The Suffering wasn't meant to be subtle... not once. But what intrigued me is the work that came behind making each monster and the backstories it had.

Dead Space also had an interesting story and for the most part kept me going by the uncertainty of things that might happen next stop.

Maybe i will maybe i won't. No promises.

Lol, I am pretty sure that Silent Hill was more than just a trilogy.

Please don't be like the Silent Hill hardcore fans who think that all the Silent Hill beyond the third one were bad, because even though they departed from the main series, they are still very good. 

Well, the ones after the third certainly weren't great either(Homecoming and Book of Memories especially), besides, I think the third game wrapped everything up nicely, no need to continue it after that.

Are you going to say the mediocre film adaptations were good too(the first one pissed me off because they could have easily made it very good and the second almost killed the series for me.)

Well, the ones after the third certainly weren't great either(Homecoming and Book of Memories especially), besides, I think the third game wrapped everything up nicely, no need to continue it after that.   Are you going to say the mediocre film adaptations were good too(the first one pissed me off because they could have easily made it very good and the second almost killed the series for me.)

I loved Origins, Shattered Memories and Silent Hill 4.

I liked Homecoming and Downpour.

Book of Memories is a spin-off and is not considered canon.

I also liked the movies. 

The Suffering wasn't meant to be subtle... not once. But what intrigued me is the work that came behind making each monster and the backstories it had.

Dead Space also had an interesting story and for the most part kept me going by the uncertainty of things that might happen next stop.

Maybe i will maybe i won't. No promises.

True, but the Silent Hill trilogy has just as much work behind everything, especially since everything is supposed to be symbolic.

Dead Space is pretty much what you get if "Alien" was remade today, a bland, unsubtle mess with nothing but cheap jumpscares. In other words, no better than the rubbish American remake of Ringu.

True, but the Silent Hill trilogy has just as much work behind everything, especially since everything is supposed to be symbolic.  

Grrrr, it is not a trilogy, stop calling it that..... 

Grrrr, it is not a trilogy, stop calling it that..... 

I'm not getting all butthurt when you call it a series, so why should you get butthurt just because I don't accept most of the games after 3?

Edited by HopeTheWanderer

I'm not getting all butthurt when you call it a series, so why should you get butthurt just because I don't accept most of the games after 3.

Nah, I'm not getting "butthurt". It's just that, objectively speaking, it's not a trilogy.

But, call it whatever you want, and let's not get off-topic here.

By the way, I heard that there might be a sequel to Five Nights at Freddy's. I personally would like to see more of the pizzeria, not just through the cameras. 

Nah, I'm not getting "butthurt". It's just that, objectively speaking, it's not a trilogy.

But, call it whatever you want, and let's not get off-topic here.

By the way, I heard that there might be a sequel to Five Nights at Freddy's. I personally would like to see more of the pizzeria, not just through the cameras. 

Also, about the "new Bonnie Design" ummm...I don't think that's supposed to be Bonnie at all, it could just be a different character entirely who happens to be a rabbit.

Also, I will admit this now, I don't find the game itself scary, but I love the characters and concept, that's what made me a fan.

And when it comes to the characters....Foxy and Chica FTW(yes Bonnie is cool too, but that's a given)

Dead Space is pretty much what you get if "Alien" was remade today, a bland, unsubtle mess with nothing but cheap jumpscares. In other words, no better than the rubbish American remake of Ringu.

In other words the writers have rode the shark. Meaning they hold themselves so high that everything has to be symbolic. 

Let me make this clear. It's not about effort, it's about the way you do it.

I didn't find it so much jump-scary as you say. In fact i'd say that with the intensity it had at moments it felt really captivating.

Also i hate Alien... it's seriously a joke how many times a single alien baby in the belly of someone has restarted the whole process again and again. Also the Colonial Marines sucked imho. The one before it where you could go as human, predator, or alien, was awesome.

FNAF to me had little effort. Still it had more effort for the money it was spent upon than most games.

But that's the point... you CAN defend yourself. In most horror movies the protagonist is afraid to even fight back when he obviously could have done so and be done with the whole debacle a long time ago. The reason for staying in Freddy's as a guard is flimsy as is... i mean why? Do i have a blood contract that tells me to do this? Why don't i try to purge these things during the day? What a joke. 

Things that are truly frightening are things that you are powerless to change them. When you can fight off the evil beings of the night all perceptions of danger are removed. That is why games like Dead Space, Fear, and later renditions of Resident Evil are so pathetic in the scares department. It is possible to make a game scary if you add in difficult combat such as Condemned and Silent Hill 2 and 3. In my mind however the best type of horror games are the ones where you are powerless and alone such as this game, Slender: the Eight Pages, Amnesia, Outlast, and Fatal Fame. These in my opinion are far better than most games were you are allowed to fight back (Except for maybe the Silent Hills Games.)

Edited by The Seventh Octave

Dead Space is a good action game, but it is not scary. In fact, after the 50th monster killed, it kind of becomes really predictable and boring. Condemned, on the other hand...

Oh yes, that game was scary. Really good game.....

• Brohoof 1

Things that are truly frightening are things that you are powerless to change them. When you can fight off the evil beings of the night all perceptions of danger are removed. That is why games like Dead Space, Fear, and later renditions of Resident Evil are so pathetic in the scares department. It is possible to make a game scary if you add in difficult combat such as Condemned and Silent Hill 2 and 3. In my mind however the best type of horror games are the ones where you are powerless and alone such as this game, Slender: the Eight Pages, Amnesia, Outlast, and Fatal Fame are far better than most games were you are allowed to fight back (Except for maybe the Silent Hills).

That's because one is a horror fps and the other is a mystery thingie or whatever.

And still i would expect some resistance. Not totally running like a coward. I mean... those things aren't going to stop chasing you... so why don't you actually go and do something about it instead of running away? At least contain them in a way?

At FNAF i would totally take the batteries of the bots before getting to my shift, and let the owners say whatever they want. But most of all... why do i even need to guard them since they are homicidal during the night? I mean who would steal anything from that shop when they know there's homicidal robots in it? They'd have to be INSANE! Plus the pay is really NOT that good for a job as deadly as this. Not good at all.

At FNAF i would totally take the batteries of the bots before getting to my shift, and let the owners say whatever they want. But most of all... why do i even need to guard them since they are homicidal during the night? I mean who would steal anything from that shop when they know there's homicidal robots in it? They'd have to be INSANE! Plus the pay is really NOT that good for a job as deadly as this. Not good at all.

Yes, but, you know, he is a videogame character after all. And videogame characters sometimes  think in a different way than real people. Just like Spirou in the Megadrive game of the same name. He decides to take the train, but of course, he ends up on top of the train jumping any obstacles that appear, and this is because it is a much more obvious option than to actually buy a train ticket and sit inside the train. 

The lesson you need to learn from this is that if you ever talk to someone who does not make sense, it is possible that he is not a real person. In that case, allow this hypothetical person to finish his thoughts and walk away as if nothing happened.

That is what I do anyway, because I am smarter than a videogame character.

Yes, but, you know, he is a videogame character after all. And videogame characters sometimes think in a different way than real people. Just like Spirou in the Megadrive game of the same name. He decides to take the train, but of course, he ends up on top of the train jumping any obstacles that appear, and this is because it is a much more obvious option than to actually buy a train ticket and sit inside the train.

The lesson you need to learn from this is that if you ever talk to someone who does not make sense, it is possible that he is not a real person. In that case, allow this hypothetical person to finish his thoughts and walk away as if nothing happened.

That is what I do anyway, because I am smarter than a videogame character.

And thats the whole reason why it fails in the immersion category and thus aint scary at all for me. It fails to put me in the generic night guard place. Plus if you think about it... It fails to give any thought of the guard taking the spot. I could pretend i am him... But even that is pointless.

Seriously, does nobody else find this just terrifying? This scared the hell out of me when I fist saw it. 

the pic is scary and why does the voice sound like he is from splash mountain 

Yes, but she lingers outside the room the longest to compensate.

I always found freddy to linger the longest, actually. It seems like he paces up and down the hallway ina nd out of view, and then when your door is open he'll beeline for it and stick there until you close it.

Of course, I hear Freddy is an Adaptive A.I. So it might be different. But that makes him more scary.

I'm not getting all butthurt when you call it a series, so why should you get butthurt just because I don't accept most of the games after 3?

Because he's factually correct and you're factually incorrect? It's a little hard to justify butthurt that's incorrect.