Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who doesn't follow the average interests of the Brony fandom?

CosmicHooves

The Brony fandom.

We all LOVE MLP.

But it seems that the majority of us have certain interests.

Like for example.

1. It seems as if everyone in this fandom LOVES Pokemon.

2. It also seems like lots people in this fandom seem to have a for love anime.

These are just two things I found allot of people have in common in this fandom.

I on the other hand have never played Pokemon and I have never I gotten into anime.

I'm a huge Minecraft fan and to I find quite odd because even though Minecraft has HUGE fanbase, I hardly see it being being mentioned.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

Edited by Trixie the Great
  • Brohoof 4

While I have no issues with Pokemon or Anime, I wouldn't count myself as a fan either. Same with TF2.

I am a fan if specific Anime (Robotech/Macross) Death Note, Black Butler, and FMA.

• Brohoof 1

I have grown bored with Pokemon years ago but did used to be quite into it, I like anime but not anywhere near as much as I used to. There are some I like off the top of my head but I don't have the all consuming obsession with it like I had in middle school and high school. Of course that is not to say there aren't some that won't bring out my inner fanboy, I still love DBZ and am definitely a big One Piece fan.

• Brohoof 1

I only really majorily played pokemon when I was 8 and im not as big a fan of it as I was back then.

With anime I like it, but I always only watch the creme de la creme of anime that my anime fanatic friends pick out for me :D

A lot of people in the fandom also seem to be very cutesy and enjoy a lot of things that are super cute and make you want to hug it. I can appreciate cute as much as the next brony but I cant seem to keep up with some people x).

• Brohoof 1

i'm not a fan of Pokemon or anime either. I've noticed though, along with Pokemon and Anime, that another average interest is gaming.Which, as far as "average interests" , is the only one I'm in to. When I'm gaming online, I run into other bronies all the time.I can tell because they have a pony emblem in Black Ops 2, their gamertag, or the crew they're in on GTA V. I notice them on PC as well, even when I join a vanilla Steam server.

I'm an avid mountain biker, and it's a bit more of a niche interest/hobby...but I've run into quite a few brony mountain bikers around bike forums I'm on. Bronies are everywhere. They'll be in the most niche of interests. :squee:

• Brohoof 3

When I was younger I loved pokemon, digimon etc. but nowadays not really

My biggest interests are

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Formula 1(Favourite driver is Jenson Button)

Metal Gear

Edited by Rising Shine
  • Brohoof 3

Things I hate that are usually universally liked in the MLP fandom:

-Electronic Dance Music (Especially the "hard" variety).

-Video games (nowadays).

-Pokémon.

-Grimdark.

Everything you mentioned except Pokemon I like. Lol.

I like a few animes, i've been watching FMA on and off but i'm not a huge fan of Pokemon. I really like tech and we have a few tech bronies but not many, I also like gaming and I don't think that we have many gamer bronies.

haha I like EDM, Pokemon, and anime...so I guess I fall into the norm  :P

The norm of a fandom that doesn't follow social norms, how does that work?

Edited by Yummychickenblue

Most it bores me, but there are some gems out there.

-Video games (nowadays).

I think shooters have gone downhill but there are plenty of other good newer games out, video games are one of the few entertainment mediums that for the most part haven't gone downhill.

-Grimdark.

There are a lot of bronies that don't like grimdark but it dosen't get nearly as much hate as clop does which is rather confusing to me. Most of it kind of bores me but there is some that I like.

• Brohoof 1

There are a lot of bronies that don't like grimdark but it dosen't get nearly as much hate as clop does which is rather confusing to me. Most of it kind of bores me but there is some that I like.

I just don't want to see innocent, pastel equines gutted, mutilated and horrifically slaughtered, and it makes me sick to my stomach to know that there are people who derive pleasure from seeing such content.

Edited by Derp My Life

I just don't want to see innocent, pastel equines gutted, mutilated and horrifically slaughtered, and it makes me sick to my stomach to know that there are people who derive pleasure from seeing such content.

If you are talking about things like rape and guro than that is why I stay far far away from that stuff. I could watch some fairly graphic violence without flinching but put it in a sexual context and it nopes me out big time. I could certainly understand people not being into either but why people are more squeamish about sex than violence is something that is a real melon scratcher for me.

• Brohoof 2

Things I hate that are usually universally liked in the MLP fandom:

-Video games (nowadays).

-Pokémon.

-Grimdark.

-nope, not even a bit.

-not as much as i used to when i was younger, but still..

-never played it, never will

-nope

i'm not a fan of Pokemon or anime either. I've noticed though, along with Pokemon and Anime, that another average interest is gaming.Which, as far as "average interests" , is the only one I'm in to. When I'm gaming online, I run into other bronies all the time.I can tell because they have a pony emblem in Black Ops 2, their gamertag, or the crew they're in on GTA V. I notice them on PC as well, even when I join a vanilla Steam server.

I'm an avid mountain biker, and it's a bit more of a niche interest/hobby...but I've run into quite a few brony mountain bikers around bike forums I'm on. Bronies are everywhere. They'll be in the most niche of interests. :squee:

That profile picture of yours. Is there a particular reason you have it?  :blush:

Fluttershy might not appreciate if you use her for arousal purposes. Oh who am I kidding? I got the same feeling from it...

I like Anime but I don't really follow or like Pokemon anymore. I only picked up Pokemon X because my friends were all going to, sooo....

Edited by Shadowking58

I do love me some anime but Pokemon? I stopped playing that back in the Gold/Silver/Crystal era. There are a million and one better RPGs to play.

That profile picture of yours. Is there a particular reason you have it?  :blush:

Fluttershy might not appreciate if you use her for arousal purposes. Oh who am I kidding? I got the same feeling from it...

I like Anime but I don't really follow or like Pokemon anymore. I only picked up Pokemon X because my friends were all going to, sooo....

There's absolutely nothing arousing about that. She's just eating ice cream. Maybe someone should get their mind out of the gutter... :lol:

I do love me some anime but Pokemon? I stopped playing that back in the Gold/Silver/Crystal era. There are a million and one better RPGs to play.

There's absolutely nothing arousing about that. She's just eating ice cream. Maybe someone should get their mind out of the gutter... :lol:

Yeah, I know.

My Ice Cream.

I'm sorry.

I couldn't help it.

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I have no problems with things like Pokemon, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. I do like anime I will admit, though my interest has waned.

Really, for me, I think the only interests that I have that the general brony population would be into would be things like gaming, sci-fi/fantasy, and maybe certain shows like Game of Thrones.

In the end, we're all still unique. XD

• Brohoof 1