Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who doesn't follow the average interests of the Brony fandom?

CosmicHooves

The Brony fandom.

We all LOVE MLP.

But it seems that the majority of us have certain interests.

Like for example.

1. It seems as if everyone in this fandom LOVES Pokemon.

2. It also seems like lots people in this fandom seem to have a for love anime.

These are just two things I found allot of people have in common in this fandom.

I on the other hand have never played Pokemon and I have never I gotten into anime.

I'm a huge Minecraft fan and to I find quite odd because even though Minecraft has HUGE fanbase, I hardly see it being being mentioned.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

LOL! I've been thinking about this recently.

I was almost out of elementary school when Pokemon started getting big. I just never really got into it. My cousins LOVED it. I tried playing it a few times, and probably still have a couple cards in some box somewhere. Overall I was pretty much like meh.

I'm also not into anime. I don't hate it or anything- I just don't care for the style/frame-rate of it or something. The English dubbing not matching the mouths bugs me a lot for some reason (probably because I do a lot of video and sound editing). The only show (I think it is anime) that I watch sometimes is The Boondocks. The first one I ever saw was the one about Martin Luther King and if he didn't die- but was in a coma until current times.

I also haven't ever been a big gamer. I pretty much was only into racing games (Need for speed) until I could drive. Now I get bored from most video games after about a half an hour.

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 1

I'll make a checklist.

1. Pokémon- check.

2. EDM- Uhm. NOPE.

3. TF2 (oh yes, there is A HUGE TF2 BRONY COMMUNITY)- Definitely. CHECK.

4. Anime- well, I like Bleach and I think that Attack on Titan is better than The Walking Dead (which is no good, by the way). But no check here.

5. Grimdark- Never heard of it.

6. Doctor Who- CHECK.

So that's half of what I think the brony community seems to like the most... but I'm an unusual person even for this fandom anyways.

I love my pokemon, and I love my anime.

Those are 2 really big fandoms on their own, bigger than even the brony fandom.  That's why you seem them mixed in with here a lot.

Games in general, including minecraft, are pretty commonly liked here.  Same with animated shows/movies.

*sweats nervously*

Yeah xD both are pretty popular interests. I stay around here so much because of so many people being a fan of both. It's easier to make friends with people who you share interests with. Why don't I just go to a Pokemon or anime forum? Well, then I'd miss all the ponies D: and I love this place! I've made a lot of friends here, know where to find everything and how to get along on this forum- why leave? 

Anime/Manga: Yes

Pokemon: Kindish,  only the first 250 old school style

Dance Music: Kindaish,  have to be in the mood which is rare

T2: No

Others

Books

Occult

TMNT

Transformers

History

Outdoors stuff

Na. I outgrew my Pokémon phase when I was 10. Though I do have a fair respect for anime I don't love it or avidly watch it. My main love is wrecking people on Battlefield 4 with my epic Vinyl Scratch emblem emblazoned on all my weapons and laughing at the hate mail of people in disbelief that a Brony just put their K/D to shame

Now don't get me started on the hate when I get a squad with my 4 other Brony friends lol

I love Pokemon!  

1106156-treecko04.jpg

2369108931_be017407f7.jpg

---

Hmm... Anime?  I'm slowly trying to get into it, but, it'll take time.

---

EDM and other electric or dubstep-ish related music and stuff?

Well, while I'm a rocker at heart, I'll admit that the fandom has made some pretty rad music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh3_LtaOxqQ

---

My own likes unrelated to the fandom's likes:

I'm a gearhead and love anything with wheels and an engine... 

I love rock music - bands such as, but not limited to: Adema, Korn, Linkin Park, Red, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, ... and more.

:mellow:

The Brony fandom.

We all LOVE MLP.

But it seems that the majority of us have certain interests.

Like for example.

1. It seems as if everyone in this fandom LOVES Pokemon.

2. It also seems like lots people in this fandom seem to have a for love anime.

These are just two things I found allot of people have in common in this fandom.

I on the other hand have never played Pokemon and I have never I gotten into anime.

I'm a huge Minecraft fan and to I find quite odd because even though Minecraft has HUGE fanbase, I hardly see it being being mentioned.

Am I the only one who thinks this way?

- i think pokemon its a repetitive game, mostly in how the franchise seems to change in nothing at all, if you played one you have played them all.

-not a love for anime in general, but i do like some animes, kill la kill, gurren lagan, panty and stocking.

Things I hate that are usually universally liked in the MLP fandom:

-Electronic Dance Music (Especially the "hard" variety).

-Video games (nowadays).

-Pokémon.

-Grimdark.

-depends on the edm subgenre, i mean most of the electronic music this fandom makes is so boring, unoriginal, vanilla and repetitive, but if we go with other more talented people then i might change my opinion.

-yeah, i completely love that one

-post above

- who doesnt love some guts and blood here and there, some mental scarring and sociopath behaviour go well with it.

Edited by twistedmetalero

I don't think I have ever seen an anime. I try to sorta steer clear of them don't ask me why. And Pokemon? I tried just a little way back in the day, but never really got into it. I'm not a real fan of TF 2 or Electronic dance music.

I will tell what I do love, (that I think most people like...at least on here, GRAVITY FALLS)

Na. I outgrew my Pokémon phase when I was 10. Though I do have a fair respect for anime I don't love it or avidly watch it. My main love is wrecking people on Battlefield 4 with my epic Vinyl Scratch emblem emblazoned on all my weapons and laughing at the hate mail of people in disbelief that a Brony just put their K/D to shame

Now don't get me started on the hate when I get a squad with my 4 other Brony friends lol

Hahaha. I do the same thing when I Play on Call of Duty Black ops II multiplayer with my Fluttershy emblem.

It's funny when they check my gamer picture and see Derpy

• Brohoof 3

You should see the shiznit I pull with helicopters. Your emblem gets slapped on the underside (probably 3x3 or 4x4, it's huge) so if someone looks up they get this massive vinyl or Rd or anypony looking down at them. Now when said emblem is seen plummeting toward the poor sap and I get a Roadkill... Only in Battlefield lol

• Brohoof 3

We'll, I'm not extremely into Pokemon, and the only anime I watch is full metal alchemist, which is another pretty large fan base on its own.

I'm also a huge minecraft fan and I play a game called Animal Jam. (Which no one on this sight that I've met yet plays).

I'm also a brony who likes littlest pet shop, a toy Made by hasbro.

So, yeaahhh....

POKEMON FOREVER!

I do love Pokémon. But I like other things. Like Minecraft. Oh and Kirby, legend of Zelda, uh... writing fanfictions...uh... I'm trying out Fire emblem, wish me luck, I have no idea what I'm doing.

POKEMON FOREVER!

I do love Pokémon. But I like other things. Like Minecraft. Oh and Kirby, legend of Zelda....

I also like Zelda forgot to mention it. :P I'm currently playing twilight princess.

I have no idea what to do though lol.

Well personally I don't like Pokémon (series)anymore, I felt they ruined it after Hoenn/Sinnoh. They got rid of Brock AND the girl, Ash is still 10, and its so repetitive (imo) that its not worth seeing all the episodes. 

As for the games if they gave us access to all the regions in one game I'd be happy, as well as that ability to dive again and making bases underground or in trees/rocks or something.

And Animé. I don't know, I like some animé but I'm not too crazy over it

Edited by ARagY

I also like Zelda forgot to mention it. :P I'm currently playing twilight princess.

I have no idea what to do though lol.

I'm new to Zelda. I played one game. A link between worlds. Even if I play the others, it will probably always be my all time favorite.

I'm new to Zelda. I played one game. A link between worlds. Even if I play the others, it will probably always be my all time favorite.

Ok then I have advice for you:

When or if you play majora's mask, BE PREPARED. IT'S SCARY.

IVE SEEN VIDEOS.

Ash is still 10

LMAO... of course he is.  Ash is always 10.

Ash was born 10.  Ash turns 10 every year on his birthday.  

Ash will live for 100s of years, until he dies at the age of 10.

• Brohoof 3