Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who doesn't like Fimfiction?

ani4tt

i mean the site is good but people always post many  to much adult like some affairs and many overpower sad stories when ever i visit i found nothing good to read the show was being popular for spreading good vibes and positivity but violence and many other things to write you should write something that matches they forget that this is popular in kids also but i don't like them posting something like that.

• Brohoof 1

54 minutes ago, Nitobit said:

There are filters and tags. You can hide things you don't like.

You're right, there's literally a switch that will hide all the M rated stories and beyond. And besides you would have to have had an account of your own to see the more adult stuff.

And like they say when it comes to looking through fanfiction 90% of it tend to stinks while the other 10% is worth reading

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Y como dicen cuando se trata de mirar a través de fanfiction, el 90% tiende a apestar, mientras que el otro 10% vale la pena leerlo.

10%, wow... It's very little in my opinion. It must be hard to find one with a decent plot/characters.

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Orchid_Fiore said:

10%, wow... It's very little in my opinion. It must be hard to find one with a decent plot/characters.

Well just remember, every reader is individual; even a poorly written story can still have reader who enjoy it. Same thing applies to whenever we're talking about MLP episodes that are poorly written but still enjoyable to some people

• Brohoof 1

I like the website for its technical aspect. It has rating guides and plenty of tags, so even if you find a strange story, the tags try to prepare you for it ahead of time. It also saves all your drafts which is great for when you just want to jot ideas down somewhere. The only thing I really don’t like about the site is when people slander a story for no good reason. I’ve seen many instances where people want to argue about a story to death just because they didn’t like it.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

I like it for posting and editing my stories. So much easier than fanfiction. But I have to agree that a lot of the writing is hit or miss. 

Fan fiction isn’t bad either but you can’t save your place and my message box has gotten more bots than actual story commenters. I love that fimfiction has all those folders and ways to save what you’re reading. There may be bots on there too but I haven’t really seen any unlike what I see on fan fiction.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I hate to read stories in general, so the site is definitely not for me. :) I only write my own stories, this way everything is the way I want it and I can follow my heart. It's not possible otherwise.

• Brohoof 1

Frankly, it's a miracle that this fandom among thousands has its own fanfiction site that's active enough to be fully viable, and even after the show that spawned it ended. Everyone else has to contend with the dinosaur that is fanfiction.net, or AOE, which seems to be more active than it used to be but seems to be more active in likes than actual feedback, at least in my experience.

FIMFiction is the best fanfiction site I've ever posted on, given all categories of discussion from accessibility to feedback, etc. I wish we had a general fanfiction site more like it.

If your issue is with shitty or adult fanfiction, I'm afraid your problem is with fanfiction in general, not FIMFiction. :oh_golly:Literally all fanfiction in every fandom is the same way. Largely poor quality writing with the occasional book-quality piece.

Fanfiction (i.e, writing) has a lower skill floor than a lot of other art mediums, because all it takes is a keyboard and a word processor to start. However, writing has a skill ceiling just as high as the other art mediums, meaning starting is easy, but becoming really good at it is hard and takes years of practice just like everything else. Because it's so accessible, fanfiction populations are skewed noticably towards beginner authors.

~ Can confirm, am fanfiction author of fourteen years

Also, moving to Sugarcube Corner. As much as I wish we had official Hasbro content about FIMFic, it's just not meant to be. :please:

• Brohoof 2

45 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Obviously not me since I post things there, but there are some genres there that I absolutely despise.

What sorts of genres?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's not the fault of Fimfiction but I don't like it when I find a good story then it seems to be abandoned or doesn't get updated for a very long time.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

• The title was changed to Who doesn't like Fimfiction?
On 2022-01-25 at 12:16 AM, ani4tt said:

i mean the site is good but people always post many  to much adult like some affairs and many overpower sad stories when ever i visit i found nothing good to read the show was being popular for spreading good vibes and positivity but violence and many other things to write you should write something that matches they forget that this is popular in kids also but i don't like them posting something like that.

I will say this, our tastes in fanfics are similar. On another salient note, I would highly suggest that you read as much as you can find time for. Who we are, how we communicate, and who we become is informed by the text we consume. 

I'll always encourage creative outlets for people, and writing is definitely a big one :) I think it's unfair to judge it solely based off the weird stuff, cause every fandom circle in existence has 'those' types of people. I don't read fanfiction myself, but it's a wonderful creative medium. I've been commissioned a couple times to make art pieces to accompany fanfics, actually!

My only issue with fimfiction (and this isn't exclusive to the site) is the handful of times my art has been yoinked from my page and slapped onto a fanfic cover without credit. I make sure to watermark everything these days, but in the past before I started getting a following, I didn't really do that, so there's no way to tell it's my art if you aren't already familiar with me (which isn't likely, cause I'm still a small artist)

But still. One bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch in this case, and every time I've contacted a writer about crediting me, they've done so without issue. So no harm done, really :) I know there's a lot of good that's come out of FimFiction, and a lot of writing that's had a positive influence on the fandom as a whole!

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

The gross stories that exist just to be weird and most romance stories.

You may as well hate the internet, that's not a fimfiction problem, it's everywhere.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
(edited)

I love fimfiction. I even love m-rated content. I mostly read m-rated human x pony stories.  But I get it, it's not for everyone's tastes, but there are plenty of clean stories too. 

There are stories I dislike there too. Such as human/pony hatefics, war and blah blah blah. I want human and ponies to hold hand and hoof, none of that grim edgy stuff.

Edited by Bendy

Best interface I've seen for a fanfic website. And the ratio of good fics to bad fics doesn't seem significantly different from other sites, including stuff from other fandoms.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, if you don't like certain things, I'm pretty sure you can filter them out by tag. As for quality it's like the saying 1 ton of dirt and an ounce of gold or something like that. You just have to optimize your searches for that ounce of gold.