Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Casual, Character Development RP

Wishing Star

Hi Everypony! I am going to start an RP for the sake of developing my brand new OC Wishing Star (link below). I've never RPed as a pony before, but I do have experience with RP in general, and I have a pretty clear idea of how I want this to go. In a nutshell, there are still a lot of details about Wishing Star I'd like to flesh out (for example, still haven't decided how she got her cutie mark), and I want to see how she interacts with other ponies. This thread is for anypony with similar goals for their OCs, or who feels their OC can contribute to this goal. So here are some guidelines:

• The thread will start in Ponyville, as it's a familiar location, but may move elsewhere depending on how this plays out.
  • Minimal (and preferably no) interaction with original MLP characters (Mane 6, Zecora, etc.) as this tends to turn into individual storytelling instead of reacting to other OCs. 
  • Posting frequency should be about once a day per character. Hopefully this will move the story along steadily as well as give each person a decent amount of time to prepare their post.
  • AT LEAST a paragraph per post.
  • If you are going to quit the RP, let everypony else know here, and write a believable exit for your OC in the RP thread.
  • Obviously all forum rules apply.

I don't have a specific end goal for this RP, if somepony else would like to supply one that's fine. Otherwise, as said before, we'll just see what our OCs want to do. 

RP Thread Link

Edited by Wishing Star

Shadowhide is welcome!

FYI, I've updated the original guidelines to include this:

• Posting frequency should be about once a day per character. Hopefully this will move the story along steadily as well as give each person a decent amount of time to prepare their post.

Hope that isn't a problem for anypony.

Another FYI:

I'm going to alter Wishing Star's "special talent" to be more reasonable and believable. Actually, thank you @ for giving me the idea. Instead of a passive ability, her knack for inspiration will be a spell she can cast. It works best with ponies she knows well and cares about. When she casts it under duress, it can take a toll on her magical and physical energy for a while.

If anyone has any input on this, feel free to let me know!

@@SilverThunder,@

Since your OCs and their origins are unusual, how do you want the rest of us to react to you? Should we be familiar with you and/or the places you're from? I should have asked this earlier, just realized it might be an issue when Wishing Star and Shadowhide reacted completely differently to Abyssal.

Edited by Wishing Star

I suppose you can think of it both ways. Afterall, the two of them are from entirely different places right? Perhaps their upbringing sets different priorities on history and such. Plus, perhaps she had never seen a picture of him or anything like that. The kingdom is somewhat obscure as well, being mostly underwater, so if one is not from the coast, or familiar with sea travel, it may only be a vague concept. 

Plus not knowing gives him a reason to get all upidy and frustrated! >.< lol

Did that answer the question appropriately?

Edited by SilverThunder

It does for me. The way I see it, since Shadowhide would work closely with the police as a detective, she'd be up to date with the affairs of nearby kingdoms, since they could have an impact on some things in Equestria. That would give her a good reason to know of Abyssal while others might not know of him.

I was thinking along the same lines. Appaloosa is small town, and even though Wishing Star is a bookworm, her resources would be far more limited that Shadowhide, and she is less likely to be up to date on current events.