Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any fans of the older GTA games?

CosmicHooves

When GTA 5 came out EVERYBODY got the game.

Of course.

It is one of Rockstar's hit games.

BUT it seems when I ask someone who's played GTA 5 what other GTA games has he/she played they're like "Oh, I haven't played the older games. Just GTA 5."

Really?

I mean REALLY?

Now I have played GTA 5 before, BUT I'm still a HUGE fan of San Andreas.

Are there any other folks out there who are fans of the older GTA games.

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 1

I've owned and played GTA 1, 2, 3, Vice City, San Andreas, four and have had a small go on five at my brother in laws house and enjoyed all of them.

I liked 3 and Vice City a lot and thought San Andreas was cool to.

Thought the games were terrible until three came along though: but I remember being at a friends house and sneaking downstairs to play on GTA 3 on his PS2 because I loved it so much :)

My favorites were GTA III and Vice City. I mainly used to play them on my cousin's PS2. We usually didn't follow the game, but usually just messed around (stealing cars, beating random people up, etc). Good times.

BTW I pulled out my Vice City game while writing this- I didn't realize its 10 years old already!

:o

Edited by steve88

I was playing only GTA 2, GTA 3 and GTA: Vice City. Btw call me weird, but it was during my childhood and whenever I played them only thing I was doing was running around city like an idiot and doing ridiculous stuff (and sometimes ACCIDENTALY, LITERALLY ACCIDENTALY doing quests) :lol: I did not even get what I was supposed to do in this game but I liked it a lot xD

I consider getting them now again though and this time playing them for REAL :3 

GTA 2 was really one of the most awesome things I played back in my high school days. That game was just hilariously chaotic.

I remember liking the sandbox nature of GTA3. I didn't really do anything besides drive around and run into things...then I found ATV Offroad Fury 2 and GTA was overshadowed. Personally I think Saint's Row would be more lighthearted fun...but this is an outsider's perspective. I know about both franchises, but I do not play those kind of games.

With the exception of Vice City, I haven't played much of the 3D GTA games; nor do I plan on playing GTA 5 or any future GTA games.  I actually preferred the series when it was just starting out; when it featured a top-down perspective with 2D rectangles that were cars lol.  But I guess stealing cars and mowing down prostitues no longer holds much appeal for me. xD