Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do I get a signature?

PinkyLover
Go to solution Solved by Oblivion,

Signatures are the images and text some members have below all of their posts, such as mine.

As far as making one is concerned, there are some restrictions.  As a member you can only have one image that's 600x100 pixels in size.  You also have a limited number of lines of text and links to other sites you can have in your signature.

Once you make the image for your signature or get someone to make one for you, you're going to make it your signature in your profile settings here: http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=signature

Hope that helps a bit.

• Brohoof 5

I saw a box pop up that said someone had finally made a signature. Now I think I have seen some before. But I want to know what they are and how I can make them! Please?

Hey PinkyLover, I think you may be talking about the system notification that you finally have the permissions to use a signature. New users on MLPF have to make a specific amount of posts before features open up. Signatures are one of those items that you now have access to use.

If you want a Signature image like Simon and I have, you could ask in Octavia's Hall here

From the FAQ

Visit one of these amazing threads of your choosing and post a request and they should get right on to making you a great personalized Avatar or Signature, just make sure to be patient, many people request the services of these artist's and they volunteer their free time to complete them.

• Brohoof 2

As others have said you must be at least have 5 posts in order to use a signature.

As a side note, making basic signatures is actually very east to learn to do in photoshop or gimp, and a basic one like mine can be done in little to no time all and with very little artistic ability. The only real requirement is that the image must be 600 by 100 pixels on this site.

As far as learning how to make them, there are a lot of very informative bits of information on the net about the subject, I would suggest going to youtube and typing, "How to make a forum signature." there you will find videos of people using various software such as photoshop, gimp, and MS paint.And remember, different forums have different size requirements so before you go on to tackle the task of a do it yourself signature make sure that your dimensions are set correctly so you don't go to all the work of making one just to get an error that it is to large.

Once you have created something that you are pleased with upload the image to an image hosting site such Imigur and right click the image and click "view image", then from there all you have to do is add the image to your profile so it will appear under your posts, to do so go to Your profile>Edit my profile > signature, from there add your signature to you profile by going to the image button that is located under the emoticon button and copy and past your image URL.

Really the only advantage to making one yourself vs having someone else make you one is that it will feel more personal to you, but of course if you would prefer to just have one made instead of going to all that trouble there is always someone around here that would be more than willing to make you one. ;)

Anyway, Welcome to the forums and good luck! :lol:

• Brohoof 2