Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should MLP Forums have more Gender options?

Revy ~ Two Hands

Gender Poll  

38 users have voted

1. 1. Should MLPForums have more Gender Options?

• Yay
    • Nay
    • I have never thought about it

So basically we've fallen to the slippery slope argument? Ugh.

People are going to constantly make suggestions anyway, some are going to be good and some bad, and as always they'll have to be judged on a case by case basis.

The way you talk about it it's like you're being asked to give up a kidney. It's a one line text box added to profiles which are already just made up of little text boxes.FFS, profiles currently have boxes for NINE different contact methods. Nine! Next people are going to be asking for a box to put their XBox Gamertag, it will be anarchy!

Suggesting that xbox must be a shit thing.

And if you want to put something else for your gender, there is always the about me page. That bit where I can also just write my xbox gamertag. And link my steam profile. And write about myself, and what I like, and who I am. And if I can't find what I class my self as in the gender option, I can simply right it in the about me page also.

Suggesting that xbox must be a shit thing.

And if you want to put something else for your gender, there is always the about me page. That bit where I can also just write my xbox gamertag. And link my steam profile. And write about myself, and what I like, and who I am. And if I can't find what I class my self as in the gender option, I can simply right it in the about me page also.

Well then why do we have text boxes at all? We could just do away with them entirely and have EVERYTHING go in the About Me page. We have a pull-down for both favorite pony AND favorite pony race. Why are we wasting our precious space with all this frivolous crap? And why do we let people put up a background image? What's up with that.

Edited by Andaasonsan

Well then why do we have text boxes at all? We could just do away with them entirely and have EVERYTHING go in the About Me page. We have a pull-down for both favorite pony AND favorite pony race. Why are we wasting our precious space with all this frivolous crap? And why do we let people put up a background image? What's up with that.

. We could just stick everything in the about me page.

So basically we've fallen to the slippery slope argument? Ugh.

People are going to constantly make suggestions anyway, some are going to be good and some bad, and as always they'll have to be judged on a case by case basis.

The way you talk about it it's like you're being asked to give up a kidney. It's a one line text box added to profiles which are already just made up of little text boxes.

FFS, profiles currently have boxes for NINE different contact methods. Nine! Next people are going to be asking for a box to put their XBox Gamertag, it will be anarchy!

It's a question. You got riled up about it. I don't think its worth it is my point. And yes... there are too many contact boxes.

We could but we don't. There has to be a reason for that.

Because we already have bits for certain things. And we already have enough options for gender. They coulda just given us make and female and not even let us have the option of suggesting it. But they gave us some more. And now a text box for it, when we could easily put it in the about me if it isn't in the options.

It's a question. You got riled up about it. I don't think its worth it is my point. And yes... there are too many contact boxes.

Define "too many"? Seriously why is having all these boxes a bad thing? It's not like they're bandwidth intensive. MLP Forums isn't going to have to add a server to handle the massive influx of optional gender text.

Define "too many"? Seriously why is having all these boxes a bad thing? It's not like they're bandwidth intensive. MLP Forums isn't going to have to add a server to handle the massive influx of optional gender text.

I never said it was a bad thing having them. Just as you may have noticed earlier people are saying that it creates clutter.