Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where did the bronies liking Dubstep come from?

Stone Cold Applejack

It's just a stereotype, really. Like all black people like fried chicken, it's pretty much true, but few don't.

I guess I'm the exception with the whole "bronies like dupstep". I, personally, don't like dubstep. I'm more a metal guy. I do like metalstep bands like Beyond All Recognition. But, just dupstep is something I can't stand.

Edited by Little Light

I think the stereotype came from the fact that so many MLP remixes are dubstep, or at least have some dubstep elements thrown in them.

Why are so many remixes dubstep related? That, I don't know. I want to say it's because it's one of the easiest forms of music to do remixes in, but that might just be me.

I don't mind dubstep by the way. It's not my favorite, but it can be good when done right.
  • Brohoof 2

not sure but it seems to be the only fan music out there now

there is a huge lack of sad fan made mlp songs I only know of a handful and they aren't that sad

and I'm going to agree with the last posters its a stereotype

Most likely, her;

post-27099-0-99558300-1411357515_thumb.jpg

Had something to do with it lol. That and techtonic music is really popular in most of the internet circles, & since bronies were born on the internet (the term not the actual people, duh) we most likely had a lot of people who were originally fans of techtonic, specifically dubstep, & brought it here to the fandom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh3_LtaOxqQ

• Brohoof 2

I don't like Dubstep. I actually can't even think of a single Dubstep song I've heard that I've enjoyed, and that goes for all the umbrella terms some people use for it as well. All in all, it's just dubstep and I don't like it, so not all bronies like dubstep.

Probably because most of the fan music is dubstep, though. Best I got, anyway :D

I think it all started with Suited For Success I think when Vinyl Scratch showed up.

I personally hate dubstep. I prefer classic rock and show tunes. 

Except that Vinyl Scratch has never played dubstep on the show. She's always played house. :D

It's animations like nowacking's "drop the bass" voiceovers and cleaning off her dishes with wubs that's proliferated that stereotype.

But yeah there are a ton of musicians who've followed after Alex S and Omnipony and done a loads of pony dubstep, to the point where there is a justification that bronies are far into dubstep and electro (as they are the prevalent genres of modern dubstep) then other genres. Balloon Party kind of cemented that too.

Part of why I'm more into making rock now then edm tbh.

It's not something specific to this fandom. It looks as though dubstep may be one of the most popular genres of music among the youth of this decade, especially through Internet channels.

The sheer amount of musicians around here, the relative youth in our fandom, and in a way the image of Vinyl Scratch helped to spread the popularity of it through this fandom. Not everyone's onto it, but a good amount are.

Everypony knows that it came from this mare!

vinyl_scratch_my_little_pony_friendship_

Dubstep wasn't created by Vinyl of course. But Ponystep and the dubstep that is made within the fandom. All inspired by Vinyl Scratch.

The only pony that knows music. Octavia can suck it, screw classical! Even though I'll admit. It can be nice to hear every now and then.

• 6 years later...