Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad The Life and Times of Lucy Diamonds

Live Forever

September 25th, 2014:

If you are wondering why I have not talked in days, I will explain shortly. But first, let me tell you a bit about myself if you don't know me.

My name is Jacob, although my internet name is Ludicrous.Speed. I am a huge fan of My Little Pony, which may surprise some people since I am a fourteen-year-old boy. However, I'm not alone on that. Anyways, remember that fact. It will be important.

My story begins on the 21st. I had been writing a new short story for my book that I wanted to get published when I stumbled upon a broken pencil. I decided that I would get a new pencil from my desk. I walked into my office and opened up the desk drawer with my writing supplies. This included a sharp, pointy No. 2 pencil. I grabbed it.

I hummed a short ditty I can now recognize as "Twist and Shout" by the Isley Brothers. It was a grand day for me as I was on the last of the short stories needed to finish the book. I closed the drawer and began exiting the office. However, something that was nothing short of spectacular clouded my mindset.

A great big flash of colors filled the room. Red, blue, green, purple, orange, and yellow; all of them were shot towards me. And then, SLAM! I was pushed down onto the carpet by some mysterious force! I stood there in a daze for a few moments. I was scared- no, terrified by what was happening.

Actually, what was happening?

Once I had collected my bearings, I opened my eyes. Lying on its furry back was a red horse. Scratch that, a small red horse. It was a pony, not unlike the ones from the cartoon. I couldn't believe it. How could a strangely-colored pony appear inside of my office through a beautiful light show?

Now, any My Little Pony fans probably have already figured it out. It's a My Little Pony character, isn't it? the fans are probably thinking. The thing is, I couldn't really tell...

But then it woke up.

My previous thoughts vanished as it grinned. Now all I could think about was how adorable it was. I've found horses to be adorable, and he or she was no exception. This was when I realized that it was now awake.

I waved and whispered kindly, "Hello, little one. What's your name?" It felt very cheesy saying it, but I continued as if it was what you'd always say. "Do you have a name?" I began thinking that this could be a normal pony, and that I was acting like an idiot, but there was the fact that this pony had entered through some sort of light show.

I extended my arm, and the red pony set its head on it. It neighed. So this must have been a normal pony right? But then it... it giggled. Like not a horse-tone giggle. I mean a human-like giggle with the tone and everything.

"There has to be an explanation for this," I said without thinking. There was no way that a character from a children's cartoon had appeared in my office. Then again, I had never seen this pony on the show at all. Could it have been some background character I had missed? No, that couldn't have been possible. I had known all the background characters by heart at that point, so I would have seen this character.

And the pony was less cartoonish than expected from one of the characters. He or she seemed sad. It didn't seem as vibrant as the characters from the show. So this left many questions, although there were only two main ones:

Who was this pony and what was up with her attitude?

"So can you talk?" I asked the pony. It did something that should have been impossible. It nodded. I'm being serious as hell here. No lies, no tricks, no deception, I'm telling you everything here. It was just a simple nod.

The pony cleared her throat. By now, I had had no doubt that this was a My Little Pony character, and this action confirmed my idea even more than the nod. But then, something wonderful- something completely wonderful -happened.

The pony finally said something.

It was one word, sure, but it was the most effective word in such a situation. It was one that changed all knowledge about the universe and about God. This changed my whole perspective of life. And this all happened because of a single world. Would you like to know what that word was? Well, here I go.

The word was "yes."

"Yes" changed my religious attitude, my scientific mindset, and my view of everything else immediately after being said. "Yes" brought new light to the question of if there was life out there beyond Earth. All questions had the same answer that this sorrowful red pony had given me. "Yes" was the answer to if there were extraterrestrials. "Yes" was the answer to religious zealots and doubters.

"Yes" was the answer to all of humanity's problems.

The day became an infinite more times glorious than a few minutes prior. I wished for nothing more than to expose this beauty of unknown nature to the world, to let it be known that peace could be accomplished.

But then I realized that that would be wrong to the red pony. It probably had a race of beings just like us out there, searching the skies for the same purpose humanity had decided on. They probably had eventually reached the conclusion that I had come to. They stayed at peace with humanity, and humanity needed to stay at peace with them.

I eventually reached the end of this thought process as my eyes fixated on the intelligent pony in the room with me. I cleared my throat just like he or she had done just moments before and asked, "What is your name, if I may ask?"

It stared at me as if I was crazy, but eventually, it replied, "Lucy. Lucy Diamonds." So it was a she. I took a minute to let this sink in. I was in the room with a magical talking mare from a fictional children's cartoon. What. The. Hell.

----

For the next couple of hours, we talked about each other's lives. It was hard to talk about Lucy's life as she could only remember her friends and not her past. I guessed that it was some form of amnesia.

At one point, she blew on her in a similar fashion to Fluttershy from that one meme and left me agape. Hidden in her pink hair was a red horn. Lucy was a unicorn.

"So how long has that been there?" I inquired, not realizing the magnitude of how stupid my question was.

Lucy chuckled. She explained in a cheery fashion, "It's always been there, silly. Not many ponies notice it because of my long mane." Yes, she had gotten out of her deep depression once she had opened up to me.

"Ah, I see. You know, you need to stay somewhere. And you can't go to a hotel or somewhere else because of... you know... you being a pony..." I scratched my neck at this sudden increase of awkwardness. "So you can sleep in the guest room if you'd like."

Lucy's eyes widened. She began galloping and told me, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She smiled.

"It's no problem. It's actually my brother's room, but he's on a business vacation for another week or so. So, you know, stay as long as you like and mi casa su casa or whatever." I laughed. This was stupid to say, and I knew it, but I had to keep Lucy's spirits up.

So for the past three days, I've been helping a talking unicorn to adjust to a human's life. It's been a tough time, but I feel as though it is worth it to see a smile on the pony's face.

Edited by Ludicrous.Speed

• 9 months later...