Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-N2Fn1tP3Q

Check out the trailer at 0:35 and at 1:06

At 0:35, on the right side, behind the guy and Octavia on the front... do you see two girls that have clothes, cutie marks and colors that match Lyra and Bon Bon?

At 1:06, on the left (whatever is freaking up Sunset Shimmer). The hair and skin tone... is that Pinkie's older sister Maud Pie?

Edited by lucasliso
  • Brohoof 3

The hair and skin tone... is that Pinkie's older sister Maud Pie?

Spoiler Tag

Yes, that is confirmed to be Maud. They are at Pinkie Pie's house for that slumber party scene.

I'll post it then. Sorry for the crappy meme. :P

cgtt4.jpg

• Brohoof 2

THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE SNEAK PREVIEWS IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED THESE AND WISH NOT TO BE SPOILED DO NOT PROCEED

Managed to complete this in time for the premiere some thoughts on Rainbow Rocks 

Edited by GoldenCal

On scene....apparently REALLY early. Movie starts in 40 minutes. I'm surprised there isn't a line, I think I'm the first one here. There was a long line at this time for EQG 1, but that was a different theater.

Edit: just remembered the last time I was here was for Casper in 1995.

Why do I have to be the ONLY brony!?!? Fuck my life.

And I'm out.

It was quite good. I'd probably give it an 8 or 8.5. I was the only brony amongst a crowd of maybe a couple dozen girls, ALL of whom went wild whenever Derpy popped up.

Octavia had a line. I can't even remember what she said. I'm sure someone will mention it. The Dazzlings are most likely ponies, and those sea horsey things you saw from the spoiler images are just projections from the amulets. I don't think they explained explicitly how Star Swirl banished them so long ago. The only thing I didn't like was after the cool climax, I thought it was pretty lame how the Dazzlings defeat was written off in one sentence by Twilight saying something about their power and singing coming from the amulets, and now they're harmless teenagers. I guess Canterlot High now has 4 Class C felons. Uhh, what else can I say? Pinkie was funny as usual. Sunset writes to Twilight now in her book, which vibrates and flashes like a cell phone when there's a new message. She even starts the entry "Dear Princess Twilight", and at the beginning of the movie it's implied she used to write letters to Celestia, like Twilight diff.

OH! The credits had some really interesting artwork. And the SciTwi scene after the credits was her looking at a map of the town. She's apparently been monitoring magical activity, and suspects something is happening there.

• Brohoof 1

Why do I have to be the ONLY brony!?!? Fuck my life.

And I'm out.

It was quite good. I'd probably give it an 8 or 8.5. I was the only brony amongst a crowd of maybe a couple dozen girls, ALL of whom went wild whenever Derpy popped up.

Octavia had a line. I can't even remember what she said. I'm sure someone will mention it. The Dazzlings are most likely ponies, and those sea horsey things you saw from the spoiler images are just projections from the amulets. I don't think they explained explicitly how Star Swirl banished them so long ago. The only thing I didn't like was after the cool climax, I thought it was pretty lame how the Dazzlings defeat was written off in one sentence by Twilight saying something about their power and singing coming from the amulets, and now they're harmless teenagers. I guess Canterlot High now has 4 Class C felons. Uhh, what else can I say? Pinkie was funny as usual. Sunset writes to Twilight now in her book, which vibrates and flashes like a cell phone when there's a new message. She even starts the entry "Dear Princess Twilight", and at the beginning of the movie it's implied she used to write letters to Celestia, like Twilight diff.

OH! The credits had some really interesting artwork. And the SciTwi scene after the credits was her looking at a map of the town. She's apparently been monitoring magical activity, and suspects something is happening there.

How does it fare compared to the first one?

Edited by Megas75

Pinkie has seen the void! Yes!

OK super serious first impressions time, encapsulated in a spoiler tag. I'll list some thoughts in no order.

The sneaks comprise the 1st 10 minutes of the film basically.

Like the 1st film's Fall Formal, the Battle of the Bands actually was a means to an end part of the plot. Many of the songs on the soundtrack were not fully completed on screen or played the same because of the story going on around it. They cut almost all of Trixie's song out, which was my only time I actually was annoyed. It's somewhat understandable due to run time. At least we have the full song on the soundtrack.

Hearing the words, "Dear Princess Celestia come from Sunset Shimmer" was a magical moment.

A lot of hidden fan nods in this. Vinyl Scratch and her Wubmobile helping to the save day, they gave EQG Pinkie a 'party cannon' and her famous bounce translated as a skip. Human Mane-i-ac and gaming is canon. Ranibow Dash cheats. Derpy composed the X-Files theme. :derp:

Octavia speaks one line in anger during one of the 'all teens lose their minds' scenes. She does NOT have an accent. I believe Andrea voice her as she sounded close to Pinkie.

Vinyl pays a rather important role in saving the Twilight and the group with her transforming wub mobile.

This movie may have Fluttershy's cutest single moment. What do we call that ... a super squee?. :squee:

Stawswirl the Bearded was just like Celestia in the banishment territory.

Sunset Shimmer's arc stole this movie for me. Well played.

Maud Pie. :) :maude:

All the Mane 6 got a moment or three to shine with their personalities. Rarity has some fun moments. Pinkie was hilarious, Fluttlershy had a little backbone a few times, but was still timid. RD was at her most RD, and actually the cause of a lot of the conflict. Rarity in race costume with Vader voice modulator was hilarious. Um, Applejack - not sure if they did a good job there. I don't recall one AJ centric moment that was hers. Hmm. Another complaint.

Twilight .. hmmm. I really need to think about TS a little here. I loved her role ... and this movie proved that she is far from a Mary Sue. Her and Sunset have given me oodles of speculative theory on motivation.

The after credits scene confirms that Twilight Sparkle of the EQG world is out there, and is sciencing the weird shit going on at CHS. Part 3 or EQA?

Bon-Bon and Lyra were featured several times.

Twilight most definitely has a crush on Flash Sentry still. It's far more apparent in this film. Sorry guys. Flash also gives Blueblood a run for his money as biggest love interest asshole due to the Siren Song

Were those actually Brony Art pieces during the credits? That art is amaizing. If not could we be looking at the EQA style that they are shooting for?

That final Song Battle was one of the highlights. Basically, if you ever wanted to see a Patronus Charm battle in Harry Potter ... that is what you get.

Sunset Shimmer saves the day. Well done team. You just improved the 1st films ending for me. Called it.

Overall it was better than the first film. 8/10. It had some flaws, but I can easily overlook them thanks to what they got right.

• Brohoof 4

Wow. I actually found that better than the first one. As usual, the comedy is the best thing about the movie. There were a couple logical problems and an inconsistency but I don't wanna talk about it here due to spoilers. The first film got about a 6/10 from me, this one gets about a 7.5/10.
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly I consider it to be the best thing out of MLP sense twilights kingdoms, It had flaws? yes but they were barely noticeable, the villains were diverse and amazing, the climax was pure epic. The entire movie start to finish was exciting. Infinite/10 same score ad twilights kingdom. Even if i liked twilights kingdom a little more

• Brohoof 2

I got to the theater late and the guy told me I missed the first 8 minutes, but he still let me purchase the ticket. The movie was amazing. The music was amazing as always, especially with The Dazzling's voices (Sonata will always remain the best to me). I actually loved it more than the first.

I loved the little cameo of Maud and the little speaking role of Octavia. Those in favor of the FlashLight ship were probably hurt from what happened. Those post-credits? I am definitely expecting another sequel in the future hopefully sometime after season 5.

I totally recommend seeing this movie in theaters if it is possible. 

Edited by JRex95
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, when a analysts get a hold of this film .... :eww:

I don't know how the analysis is gonna react. I mean, it had flaws. But I didn't find the flaws that anger inducing. In fact, they seem to have acknowledged some of the flaws from the first movie. They made a couple meta jokes about some of them.

I'm pretty excited for this! ^^ Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait for it to be shown on YouTube or something though. That's how I got to see the first one! It'll be an exciting day none the less! :D

One thing about this, you have mountains more evidence against the EQG isn't canon parts of the fandom. I lost count of the FIM continuity nods.

• Brohoof 3

WAS RARITY OKAY JERIC?  HOW WAS HER CHARACTERIZATION?

PLEASE TELL ME

I'd say everyone was pretty in character. I mean, there were a few moments were Rainbow was a bit obnoxious and Pinkie was a bit too in your face but overall pretty good.

• Brohoof 1

@ghostfacekiller39 ghostie, ghostie.it's rarity, i'm sure her character was fine. @ Jeric there was a scene where, just judging by the spoiler pics as I haven't seen the movie yet, twilight and flash apparently almost kiss, said kiss only stopped by Trixie. Staff have said that none of the mane six will date. there ya go, instant noncanon, just add water.