Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponyville Novelists (1x1 between Rainbow Eclipse and Rising <3 Dashie)

Rainbow Eclipse

@,

"Yeah, sure, I guess," responded Riley. He got up and flapped his wings, creating a gust to blow out the fire. "Great singing, by the way. I'm not sure which is better - your voice or your memory."

As they walked out, Rainbow Dash swooped down in front of them. "Nice singing, boys," she complimented.

"Thanks Riley. And thanks you too Rainbo-..."

He suddenly stops moving, different feelings waving in his head

-The little happiness from the compliments

-The fear from the Everfree

-Ad the love to the pony, that suddenly appeared out of nowwhere.

"I-I-I-I-I-I ..."

@,

Rainbow tilted her head. "Something the matter, Rising?"

"Dashie," said Riley. "There's something about Rising I think you'd like to hear..."

"He's writing a new story! And I'm helping him!" he said at last.

Rainbow looked at them. "Awesome!" she said. "What's it gonna be about?"

Rising's heart nearly exploded, when he tought, Riley is going to tell about his love to her. He made a sigh of relief, when he just mentioned the new story.

"W-Well, there are different little stories, nothing big for now, after the last books wasn't so great. He help me with them."

@,

"Not so great?" repeated Rainbow. "Rising, I liked your last book. I wasn't expecting the ending one little bit, and that's what made it so great."

"And like I said, Rising, I think our Everfree Forest story idea could pass for just about novel-length," added Riley.

"I-I-I-I-I-I-I ... really? But the newspapers ... I, uh ... you don't think I'm bad? You liked it? I-I feel honored, that you enjoyed it, Rainbow ..."

He start to blush. She got the end! Oh my gosh! She understood the true meaning of the end of my last book. I had expected that from few, but ... she is reading my book?!

"You reading my books?"

@,

"Of course. How else would I have been able to compliment them?" answered Rainbow.

"The ponies who write the newspaper reviews are just snobs. I took care in reading your story and understood all those themes you put into the story."

'Well, Rainbow, you won't be disappointed at the next one.'

"G-Glad you understand it. Looks like, you are the only one, who understanded the whole story. Glad, at least one pony find it out."

He smiles a little, still blushing. She looks so wonderfull and beautiful right now ...

"S-So, can we go home now? I really want to leave this place now"

@,

"Uh, you're right, Rising, it's getting pretty late out here," said Riley. He let out one of his adorable yawns.

Just then, Thunderlane swooped down, landing next to Rainbow Dash. "Hey, Dashie, ready to come sleep at my place?" he asked, nudging her.

"Sure!" answered Rainbow.

His heart stopped, when he saw what just happened. She has somepony ... she ... has ... somepony ... special ... somepony special ...

"I ..."

That was too much for him, he can't hold it anymore. He start to sob a little, taking his saddlebag on and start running away, not looking, where he actually is running ... just away ...

(edited)

@,

'Oh no...' Riley flew after Rising.

So did Rainbow. She stopped in front of him. "Geez, why are you acting like such a crybaby?" she asked. "In case you haven't met him, he's my friend Thunderlane. See, I accidentally flew through the wall of my house, so while the repairponies are fixing it, Thunderlane is letting me stay at his place for the night."

Edited by Rainbow Eclipse

Rising stops. Wait does that mean ... she isn't together with him? I can't ask her that, if it is true and she finds out, I love her ... I would die in awkwardness.

"I-It's nothing, just wanted to run a bit. Looking around and so on, you know? A walk, before coming back, just relaxing, hehe."

@,

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. "Well, then, what about all that sobbing?" she asked. She started mocking Rising's crying. "Waaaaah!" she said in a mock crying tone as she held her hooves over her eyes to add to her imitation.

In her normal voice and mindset, she asked, "What was all that about?"

~~~

Riley, meanwhile, wasn't sure what to say about the situation. "Wanna grab a cider sometime?" he whispered to Thunderlane. The grey stallion nodded.

"I-I-I ... the thing is, I ... uhh ... it's hard to explain ..."

Rising feels more and more  pressure. He don't know, what to tell her, without telling her, that he loves her a lot. Or is this time come, to tell her? No chance to get away from it? No way, to lie? Destiny?

"The truth is ... I-I l-l-love y-you ..."

@,

Rainbow just stood there, speechless. This was not a dream or a hallucination. A pony had just confessed their love for her. How long had Rising even been hiding this?!

She slowly walked up to Rising, staring at him, before she wrapped a wing around him and kissed him on the lips.

Now it comes. A typical laugh from her. A ice-cold no. A kick. Rising closes his eyes, waiting for the "punishment" for what he just told her. His heart jumped up, if he suddenly feeled a wing around him, but more, when her lips suddenly meets his lips. What the-?! Without thinking, he kissing her back.

@,

Rainbow turned to Thunderlane. "Looks like I won't be needing to stay at your house after all, Thunder," she said. She turned back to Rising. "Lead the way, handsome."

~~~

"So... I guess now would be a good time to get that cider?" said Riley to Thunderlane.

"Yeah, these two deserve some alone time," said Thunderlane. "Come along, there's a great bar up in Cloudsdale."

"I still can't believe, this happens really. Love you Rainbow, so much, since the first time, I met you."

Rising walks on his way back home, with the best pony with him, he could wish. His love Rainbow Dash.

"So ... how did you feel about me, before I told you, that I love you?"

@,

Rainbow took a while to think of what to say. "Well... you know how I used to give you a hard time back in school for being sort of a... nerd?" she said. "I apologised for that and stopped doing it, and I learnt more about you. You have such a kind heart, and a way with words... I just liked you as a friend, but a great on, nonetheless."

~~~

"Any particularly interesting drinks here?" Riley asked Thunderlane as they trotted into the bar.

Rising reach the door and unlock it.

"No problem at all. Love you."

He kisses her cheek, before walking in there, unlocking the door behind them.

------------------------

"The Pega-Drift. Belive me pal, after this drink, you will wake up in the strangest place. I once waked up on the throne from the castle. There faces, when Celestia and Luna walked in and saw me!"

He laughs.

@,

Rainbow gladly returned the kiss. She trotted over to the table and looked at the paper. "Ooh, these are some interesting ideas you got here," she commented.

~~~

"Sounds interesting," said Riley. "Who knows? Maybe I'll wake up next to Anala in her bed!" he joked.

He sat down at the bar. "A Pega-Drift, please," he said to the bartender.

"Well, most of them are from Riley. The red pegasus, that was with me. Only one is from me."

He blushed.

-----------------------------

"Alright, a Pega-Drift for you, sir. And you?"

"Meh, just give me the usual."

"Rainbow-Spring-Time then. You get them in a sec."

He start preparing the drinks for the two pegasi.

@,

"Story ideas from Mister Riley Blythe, huh?" said Rainbow. "Let's see what psychotic craziness he's come up with now." She read the notes. "Hmm... not bad."

~~~

When the bartender placed the drinks on the counter, Riley sipped his Pega-Drift. Something unusual happened. The flavour kept changing from one to another before it finally dissipated.

"Are you seriously looking on his private notes, Rainbow? That's not nice."

He looks worried to her.

--------------------------

When he look back to Thunder, instead of him sits Luna.

"Heya Sweetie. I keeped an eye on you for longer time now. Want to visit the castle from us, Riley? No danger."

@,

Rainbow looked at Rising. "Huh? What's so 'private about them?" she questioned. 'If he didn't want anypony to see them, why would he use them to help Rising with his new story?'

~~~

Riley simply stared at Princess Luna for a few moments. "You're kidding, right?" he replied.