Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sad A Life so Long

Melody Word

Celestia has lived longer than anypony, and the stress of her long life is now catching up to her. She had always feared death, but now wonders if it would be better than long lasting life.

Prolong:

Celestia walked over to her window, and sat down looking up at the moon. "Dear sister, I am sorry. I wish you were here, you were the only one who understood my pain. Now I've lost you as well. I'm so sorry!" Celestia began to weep,the one hundred and fifty years without her sister taking hold of her. After she had finished crying, she slept, though fitfully, tossing and turning throughout the night. She woke at dawn, and rose the sun. As the moon sank down, she made a promise. "I will bring you back sister. I promise thee."

(After the transformation from Nightmare Moon to Luna.)

Celestia stood happily before the crowd, announcing the return of her sister. "Princess Luna has returned, and we are united at long last!" She said, though as she spoke the words, she wondered how long this peace would last.

[Not the best, but it will get better shortly, promise]

Chapter one:

Celestia paced back and forth in her room, eagerly awaiting 10:00. She had been called to her friend Golden Flower's house, though she didn't know what for, and could only assume it was for a visit. The hour hand hit the ten, and she used her magic to teleport herself to Golden Flower's house. She had left Luna in charge, and had no worries, happy to be with a friend. A white unicorn with a blue and green mane opened the door. "Aqua Marine! Nice to see you." Celestia said to the mare, knowing from her previous visits that she was Golden Flower's sister. Aqua Marine simply waved her inside, her eyes dull with grief. Aqua Marine sat, and Celestia took a seat next to her, and quickly noticed the dull look in her companies eyes. "Aqua? Is everything fine?" She asked, not knowing what could have caused the usually happy mare such pain. Aqua sighed. " I only wish this could be a happy visit Celestia, I really do. Last night Golden Flower was raceing one of her friends. Somepony....they were going to fast....Celestia, somepony hit her with a cart." She said. Celestia didn't understand how this could be so bad, seeing as how ponies were always bumping into them. She feared the news that would fallow. Noticing Celestia's confused look, she explained more."Not a small nudge Celestia, a bit. She broke so many bones...We got her to the hospital. Though we could save her, but.....Celestia, she's dead." Aqua said, her voice shaking with loss. Celestia felt her heart shattering. For so long, Golden Flower had been her closets friend, and now she was no more. Celestia felt as though the world had ended, her last friend gone. She had been though this many times before in her long life, but it never became easier. Celestia stood, and trotted to the door. "Thank you for telling me. I will be attending the funnel, but I need to leave now." Celestia used her magic to bring her home, and openly wailed her grief to the sky. Soon, Luna opened the door, alarmed at her sisters cires. "Sister?" Luna asked, wishing she could help. Celestia quickly explained, and the two sisters sat in silence, looking out the window, numb with grief.

Edited:

Celestia paced back and forth in her room, eagerly awaiting ten o'clock. She had been called to her friend Golden Flower's house, though she didn't know what for. She just assumed it was a friendly visit. The hour hand hit the ten, and she used her magic to teleport herself to Golden Flower's house. She had left Luna in charge, and had no worries, happy to be with a friend. A white unicorn with a blue and green mane opened the door.

"Aqua Marine! Nice to see you." Celestia said to the mare, knowing from her previous visits that she was Golden Flower's sister. Aqua Marine simply waved her inside, her eyes dull with grief. Aqua Marine sat, and Celestia took a seat next to her, and quickly noticed the dull look in her companies eyes. "Aqua? Is everything alright?" she asked, not knowing what could have caused the usually happy mare such pain.

Aqua sighed. "I only wish this could be a happy visit Celestia, I really do. Last night Golden Flower was racing one of her friends. Somepony.... they were going too fast.... Celestia, somepony hit her with a cart." She said.

Celestia didn't understand how this could be so bad, seeing as how ponies were always bumping into them. She feared the news that would follow. Noticing Celestia's confused look, she explained further, "Not just a small nudge Celestia... She broke so many bones...We got her to the hospital. Thought we could save her, but..... Celestia, she's dead." Aqua said, her voice shaking with loss.

Celestia felt her heart shattering. For so long, Golden Flower had been one of her closest friends, and now she was no more. Celestia felt as though the world had ended, her last friend gone. She had been though this many times before in her long life, but it never became easier.

Celestia stood, and trotted to the door. "Thank you for telling me. I will be attending the funnel, but I need to leave now." Celestia used her magic to bring her home, and openly wailed her grief to the sky.

Luna opened the door, alarmed by her sisters cries. "Sister?" Luna asked, wishing she could help. Celestia quickly explained, and the two sisters sat in silence, looking out the window, numb with grief.

This is the edited version, a friend and I are trying to sort this out.

After a long while of silence, Luna spoke. "Sister, the dawn is coming soon. We need to carry on."

Celestia nodded, and stood. "Sister?" she asked, "How can we keep doing this? Always outliving those closest to us... I don't know how long we can keep doing this.... that I can keep doing this."

Luna sighed. "I wish I could help, but I haven't lost anypony, not in a while. I do know that Equestria needs you, though. Even if our friends die out, Cadence, Twilight, and myself will be around for quite a while. I know that it may be hard to lose somepony, but you still have others. That's all I can say to help, I'm afraid." she said, trying to help her sister, despite the pang of sorrow over the loss of her friends from before she became Nightmare Moon. Seeing her sister so lonely hurt her, and reminded her of the dark times of Nightmare Moon, but she said nothing, trying to be strong.

Celestia rose the sun,and sat in the window once more. Without much else to do, Luna prepared to take her leave, but when Celestia spoke, she paused. "Tell Twilight and Cadence to meet us here in two days. There is something we need to decide." Luna began to protest, until she saw the determination in her sister's eyes, and kept her silence.

Luna walked out of Celestia's room, and into hers. She quickly wrote a message to the other two princesses, not knowing what her sister had planned. Celestia sat in her own room, determined to end the pain she felt. "This must work. Nopony should suffer this much.... and I will be the one to end it all!" She said, eager for the meeting that would change Equestria.

Edited by Melody Word
  • Brohoof 3

• 8 months later...