Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Journey Through Space (space/sci-fi RP) LOOKING FOR PLAYERS

Skullbuster

An elite team of ponies with various talents has been chosen by the Equestrian Space Organization to explore and conduct experiments on the extraterrestrial worlds throughout the galaxy.

Ambon = elite?

How about a lottery system for qualified ponies.

That way we don't have to be "elite."

While she may be an elite banana farmer, I don't think she'd interview as such.  (because interviewing is stupid)

I also don't think that Pie and Biscuit are the height of their respective fields.  Both are quite competent, but not top.

Perhaps there was a calculation of ability to work well with the crew vs. competency. 

That would allow non-elites, but explain the characters.

I think there should be a series of tests to narrow down who is eligible, based on physical health, IQ, skill in their special fields, etc..

Makes sense.

Let's also somewhat formalize the rules so that shadow pony level characters don't pop in or other plot distractions.

@@paradoxical

All right. How would we go about doing that?

I thought of four tests to narrow down who can join the team. One's scores would be averaged with the equation below to determine a final score; those with the highest final scores will be eligible to join the team.

Tests:

A. Skill in field(s) of work (60%)

B. Teamwork/ leadership (15%)

C. Intelligence (15%)

D. Physical ability/ (10%)

Final Score=A60+B15+C15+D10

Edited by Sinusoid Mixolydian

@@paradoxical

How is this?

I'm thinking that these tests could be graded on a scale from 0 to 10, making them easier to grade; this means that those with the score closest to 10 would be eligible.

Tests:

A. Skill in field(s) of work* (50%)

B. Teamwork** (25%)

C. Intelligence (15%)

D. Physical ability (5%)

E. Versatility (5%)

Final Score=(A50+B25+C15+D5+E5)/100

*If one knows a bit about multiple fields, their scores for this category are added together.

**This category would also include leadership, loyalty, and rationality.

I don't want to be the one in charge of this RP.

By the way, what happened to @?

@@paradoxical

After a few revisions, this is what I came up with.

Here's my general idea of the RP summary:

Faster than light technology is new to the world, and still in it's experimental phase. The Equestrian Space Organisation wants to be the first to utilise it. After months of development, a crew of ponies with various talents has been assembled, based on the results of a series of tests to determine those most valuable to the team. Their mission is to explore and conduct experiments on the extraterrestrial worlds throughout the galaxy.

Here's my general idea on the events that will happen first:

The roleplay first takes place in Equestria, where the eligible crew members are on standby to participate in the test simulations. The top scoring ponies are then sent to the space station responsible for launching the craft, so they can be trained.

Gah sorry man I forgot, i dont come to the forum taht often is it too late to start or i over allreayd

paradoxical and I are in the proscess of rebooting this roleplay. The new thread should be up soon, and you're welcome to join.

I think that getting on board the ship would be a more productive start in that it would take us toward the plot faster.

I KNEW YOU WEREN'T DEAD!

Anyway, yeah; you make a good point. However, could we find some other way to implement the test I spent a while thinking about? How about we start off meeting after the final tests?

I KNEW YOU WEREN'T DEAD!

Anyway, yeah; you make a good point. However, could we find some other way to implement the test I spent a while thinking about? How about we start off meeting after the final tests?

That makes sense

I think we're still looking for people, but may be more in the planning stage at this time.

@@paradoxical

That's a good idea; if charge of the thread is communal, I'll create the thread, because I'm writing the plot. I think each of us should control a different NPC, or multiple, if willing.