Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Pony Souls: Friendship Is Hollow

Child Of Darkness

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/115408-pony-souls-friendship-is-hollow/

In the Age of Ancients, the world was grey, un-formed, shrouded by dark and fog, a land of Grand Chasms, Arch Trees and the Everlasting Gods. And Deep in the core of the world, their came fire, and with fire, came disparity. Heat and Cold, Life and Death, Light and Dark, Good and Evil. And from the Dark they came and found the Souls of Lords in the First Flame.

Caras: Lord Of Storms, and his Dark Knights.

Miasma: Lord Of The Dead

Krista: And her Sisters of storms

And the Furtive Pony, so easily forgotten. With the strength lords, they challenged the Gods. Caras's Storms, Forced their wings to become useless, Miasma unleashed a never ending spur of disease and destruction. The Sister weaved great Storms of fire. And Serath the Mortal god, betrayed his own, and the Gods where no more. Thus began the Age Of Lords. But even their Mighty power, has its limits and its been spread far too thin for far too long. The Flames are fading and soon, only Dark will remain. Even now, only embers remain of an Age of Prosperity, soon to end. And the Curse, the Dark Sign brands the Un-dead, forcing them to live in a never ending cycle of life and un-death.

This is your fate, locked in the asylum, left to await the end of days. But in the ancient legends it is stated, that one day a pony will leave the asylum, in pilgrimage. To the land of the ancient lords. Equestria.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Time. So convoluted in this world. Not even my magic can make sense of it. I am doomed to a life of hollowing and un-death for eternity? *sigh* I wish I could die forever. Break this stupid curse that brands my Flank, and replaced my cutie mark with its own image. I don't even remember what it was. Wait... was it a... I don't know." At the end of his monologue, a corpse fell through a gap in the roof. When Wade looked up, he saw a pony in what looked like armour of a highly successful knight of Astora, before he left out of sight. Wade moved to the corpse and looted its body. A key, could it be to the cell. It was. "Freedom at last. Now to escape." Wade moved through the hallway, holding his broken sword hilt tight, before spotting another pony. A Pyromancer by the look of him.

@ "Hey, Un-dead." Wade held up the keys to the cells. "You want to escape this place with me?"

Edited by Child of Darkness

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pony looked up and saw the keys. "Sure why waste time in here when we can be free" The pony said wearing tattered clothes and a hood before looking at the ring he had. "Might need my help after all...it's not easy fighting alone in this world" The pony said before sighed. "My name is Blaze"

@, "Nice to meet you. I'm Wade, Wade of Vinheim. No point lingering about here. We should leave this place as soon as possible. I have a feeling that their are many creatures of power here. Ones I don't want to fight. Not without my Catalyst." Wade opened the Door for Blaze and gave way to let him out. "You're a Pyromancer aren't you? From the Great Swamp?"

"Yes the great swamp..." Blaze said. "I can do with out my pyromancy glove for a bit but still we need to get a weapon" Blaze said. "Lets go" nBlaze said as he looked and saw the Asylum demon on the other side of the wall. "Shit....at least that thing can't get us" Blaze said

@

"Yeah, true to that. Come on let's go." Wade walked past another cell and spotted an Undead Cleric locked up in a cell.

@

"Blaze, what should we do with this one? I don't trust Clerics, especially Way of the White. Should he come with us, or shall we leave him?" Wade was tempted to leave the Cleric, but he wanted the Pryomancers input on the situation.

Edited by Child of Darkness

"I'm not sure...maybe we should just leave him" Blaze said. "But...cleric or not we may need a healer and clerics got miracles that do that...Pyromancers sadly don't" Blaze said as he continued down that hall and passed various hollowed ponies either on their knees or leaning on the wall doing nothing.

"Don't leave me. Like your friend says, a healer is useful. Besides, looking at the two of you, a heavy hitter might be welcome as well." Walking forward, the large pony looks at the pair sadly. "I will gladly help, all I ask is that you free me like you did him." He says, calmly.

@

"Alright, Cleric. I'll let you out, but no funny business. Cleric's have a reputation for being liars and back stabbers. Hopefully, you can change my opinion on this."

Wade unlocked the door and stood aside to let the Cleric leave. He continued to walk down the corridor, looking at all the cells filled with Hollows. "How many have lost their selves to the sign in this place?" Wade put a tight grip on his Pendant, without really remembering the significance that it once held.

Walking out, he bows his head. "Thank you." Following the ponies, he looks at every hollow. "It's a shame. These ponies could have been saved from this. But alas, it is too late. I hope we can find some weapons soon, or at least a talisman. Can't do much with out it. Yet."

Wade walked past the remainder of the Cells, into a tunnel and climbed up a ladder which led into a large open courtyard. With a bonfire in the middle. Curious as to what it was, Wade walked up to the ashes, extended his hoof, and to his surprise, it sprung to life. He did not know what it was, but something about the flame drew him to it life a moth. He found both peace and anguish radiating from the tiny flame. He sat down near the fire and waited for the others.

(Respawning enemies and friends, only happenes when all living members of the party are sitting at a bonfire at the same time.)

"A fire? Good some heat will do wonders for us. But, what if it is a trap, the way it draws at me, it is almost like an old friend calling for me. How odd." Walking up to it, he stands next to the bonfire. "Anyways, how are we gonna get out of here. Nopony has escaped before? Have they?"

"Not one has escaped...but thats because they don't think..." Blaze said looking at the fire. "Tell me cleric...have you heard of the Rite of Kindling?" Blaze asked. "I would be surprised if you haven't most Clerics would be after that" Blaze said as he kept looking at the ring he has.

Vorrin had heard three ponies walking and talking. Was it a chance? A chance to be free and wander the lands once more, searching for a way to break the chain of endless death and rebirth? Alas, would they hear him? And would they even trust him? He was a wandering swordspony after all. Maybe he could offer his services to them in order to further his own goal of survival.

" Hey! In here! I'm not completely hollow yet! Free me and allow me to find my blade and shield, and I will more than happily assist you in any of your endeavors! Please do not leave me to rot!!!"

Blaze heard another voice and went to where he heard the voice. "I'll free you" Blaze said taking the broken sword hilt before breaking the chains. "You'll help us out then...we have to get moving now" Blaze said going up to the large doors and looked back. "Waiting on you guys" Blaze said

Wade was lost in thought, completely separate from the world around him, but Blaze's voice broke him out of his trance. "Hmm? Oh, o-o-o-oh yeah, yeah, escape. Forgive me, I, I was... absolved in thought. L-lets continue. Sooner the better. Yes." Wade opened the large double doors, looked around and saw two doors. One large one and a smaller side door. His better instinct told him that that the big door was going to be locked, and that is was the exit. He looked in every direction, scanning the room, except looking up.

"Wade..." Blaze was already looking up before he yelled. "TO THE DOOR ONN THE SIDE NOW" Blaze said before the Asylum Demon dropped down. "I suggest you hurry als" Blaze said going to the door on the side but stopped. "Hey ugly over here" Blaze called out ready to dodge it's attacks. "I'm going to get my self killed" Blaze muttered.

"Running now. Now I see why nopony has escaped before. That is one Hell of a demon. But, that balcony up there.... I wonder." He says as he runs through the door, stopping at the bonfire. "I suggest hurrying. That thing will hurt like a mother, look at it." Thinking, 'If only I was stronger."

Wade made a mad dash for the door on the left side, but the large Demon took one swing at him, and that was all it took for it to kill him. The hammer shattered almost every bone in his body, sending his Corpse projectiling a few feet across the room, before his body disipated into a white fog.

"Oh shit" Blaze said dodging the swong only to see Wade die. "Well...catch you later then" Blazze said running into the door before resting at the bonfire. "Okay...so Wade just died and now we need to find out how to get him AND kill that thing out there" Blaze said. "Wish I had my pyromancy with me right now" 

"The balcony. If we drop from it we might be able to damage it badly. We need to keep moving so we can find it. If it fails, I will keep it focused on me. I have a miracle to heal, but it only works on myself sadly. That is if we can even find the talisman for it in the first place."

"I have fireball...but I don't got my axe...let's go"  Blaze said heading through the other passageway before dodging an arrow and finding a few shields. He grabbed his own shield before stopping an arrow still taking a bit of damage before he got close enough and saw his hand axe. "YES" He grabbed the axe and smiled.

"Hey, is there a hammer or something up there?" He asks after picking up his shield. Arriving there, he sees and picks up his weapon. "Alright, I will take point. Better armor and shield. Can't lose anypony else right now." Running you ahead, he starts climbing some stairs, only for a massive rock to plow into him. "That hurt like a mother." He says after the heavy damage.

"You are so dumb" Blaze muttered before going through the wall that was destroyed. "HEY SOMEONE IS HERE AND HE'S INJURED" Blaze called out before going over to the pony. "He must of fell through that whole...or something struck him and he was sent through the cieling" Blaze said

"Gee. Let's sit here and think... Maybe that giant freaking demon with the hammer bigger than we are? And I am the idiot." Shaking his head, he walks over to the pony. "Hello sir, now, is there any way we can help you get out of here? Alive? Again, don't need anypony else dying on is here."

"...oh you're not Hollows are you? I'm afraid I'm done for. I'll die soon. Loose my sanity. Listen, while I still can, let me give you some advice. The Sorcerer you travelled with, you can bring him back, all you need to do is all of you rest at a bonfire. A thick fog blind you for a second, and your friend will be back, along with everything you already killed. Oh... And take these." Oscar handed the group an Estus Flask each, one spare for Wade, and gave Blaze a key. "Good luck." With his final words spoken, and his last breath breathed, he died, giving each party member 100 souls.