Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Champion RD92's Rock Music Thread

Champion RD92

*sees thread title*

*decides to go find an Avenged Sevenfold song to post because no one will have posted any*

>Original post is an A7X song.

This forum has really good taste in music. :)

YOU SHOULD TRY THE METAL THREAD. ANY METAL IS WELCOME, BUT OBSCURE GENRES WITH INCOMPREHENSIBLE LYRICS ARE HEAVILY ENCOURAGED.

Anywho, on the topic of rock. Have i told you I liked Rush? Alot?

New album kicks just as much ass as they did in 1967.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g5ZaUGeFNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO0ikbGvIY0

Anywho, on the topic of rock. Have i told you I liked Rush? Alot?

New album kicks just as much ass as they did in 1967.

1967?...Rush's first album wasn't until 1974...

I'm pretty sure the band hadn't even formed yet in 1967. 

On the topic of Rush, I would recommend their greatest hits album for those who haven't heard much of Rush. Although there are a lot of good songs missing from that album. Basically everything up until like 1984 is really good.

Three Days grace is one of my favorite more modern rock bands, though I despised their newest album.

One-X is best album, followed by Life Starts Now.

I'm not a huge fan of Three Days Grace but I like a handful of their songs (Never Too Late, I Hate Everything About You, Break, Just Like You).

1967?...Rush's first album wasn't until 1974...

I'm pretty sure the band hadn't even formed yet in 1967.

On the topic of Rush, I would recommend their greatest hits album for those who haven't heard much of Rush. Although there are a lot of good songs missing from that album. Basically everything up until like 1984 is really good.

First off, it takes a few years for most bands to release an album. I assure you, they formed in 1967. I know my Rush.

Also, going to have to agree with what you said about them not being as good after 1984, with the exception of Clockwork Angels. I really like thay album.

I have browsed through many pages of this thread, and not once have I found Led Zeppelin. That makes me sad. So I give you one of Led Zeppelin's greatest songs to make up for it. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XgECS7lUrE&list=PLjpwZze5oleKbD7GHk_U3X0JxMNN8Mp_B&index=133

And I know this is a thread about metal, but there is a Cello cover I found that is equally good and I am dying to share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA3pltXnNnE&list=FL6CYu2c5MVSlwg7X3M9_0Dg&index=5

This thread needs more Led Zepp.

It's rare that I like a genre like pop-punk, but this band is an exception. The music seems different than most pop-punk I've heard.

, I would recommend their greatest hits album for those who haven't heard much of Rush.

Greatest Hits albums are usually a bad idea. But Moving Pictures is basically a greatest hits album for Rush, so I'd recomend that. It has what... Tom Sawyer, Limelight, YYZ, and Red Barchetta?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuwgQ7-RWrk

It's rare that I like a genre like pop-punk, but this band is an exception. The music seems different than most pop-punk I've heard.

I enjoy a bit of pop-punk myself, this song you posted is actually pretty good.

Greatest Hits albums are usually a bad idea. But Moving Pictures is basically a greatest hits album for Rush, so I'd recomend that. It has what... Tom Sawyer, Limelight, YYZ, and Red Barchetta?

Yeah it has Tom Sawyer, Limelight, YYZ, Red Barchetta, Vital Signs, Witch Hunt, and The Camera Eye. The reason I said I would recommend the greatest hits album was because it gives you a good taste of each album.

My taste in music is very...flexible. I could listen to rock bands like Breaking Benjamin then minutes later I'll be listening to Rob Zombie. I guess I have an open mind. I'll give an example by posting two vids with different extremes. 

----

Extreme:

http://youtu.be/8nwhyLGkWW0

----

Softer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fia3HCuZgYI

----

You can clearly see the different extremes in these two videos. So yeah, when it comes to rock or music in general I'm very flexible. 

I've always loved Breaking Benjamin... ever since Halo 2. :D

But lately I've been listening to them a lot. Here's their three best songs in my opinion:

Edited by Vengeance

But lately I've been listening to them a lot. Here's their three best songs in my opinion:

The only songs by Breaking Benjamin I know are that one from Halo 2 and Diary of Jane. Both those songs are pretty good though.

*sees thread title*

*decides to go find an Avenged Sevenfold song to post because no one will have posted any*

>Original post is an A7X song.

This forum has really good taste in music. :)

Avenged Sevenfold is an incredible band :D

They've been my favorite band for about 4 years now.

Here's a couple really good songs by them:

• Brohoof 1

Here's a couple really good songs by them:

Radiant Eclipse is great song.

Strength of the World is one of the few A7X songs that I actually haven't hared that often, along with Tonight The World Dies. I guess my playlist doesn't like those ones. :( 

Do you prefer their metalcore stuff or their newer stuff?

Do you prefer their metalcore stuff or their newer stuff?

I prefer Waking the Fallen and City of Evil.

So therefore, I would say I like both their metalcore stuff and their non-metalcore stuff. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd never call myself well-versed in rock, but I do know that The Black Mages kick(ed) ass. Forgive me if this one's already been posted, but this is one of my favourite rock songs even if it has no deep meaning or tradition - it just pumps out rock-ified riffs from Final Fantasy.

I prefer Waking the Fallen and City of Evil.

So therefore, I would say I like both their metalcore stuff and their non-metalcore stuff. 

Ah, a true Avenged Sevenfold fan and not just one that likes either their new stuff or there old stuff.

Yeah I like everything they do too. :D

• Brohoof 1

I've been listening to a little bit of Muse recently. My absolute favorite Muse song is definitely Knights of Cydonia.

I also like Uprising, Map of the Problematique, Assassin, and Hysteria.

I've been listening to a little bit of Muse recently. My absolute favorite Muse song is definitely Knights of Cydonia.

I also like Uprising, Map of the Problematique, Assassin, and Hysteria.

Oh ho ho ho you wanna talk about Muse, boi?

You got it.

Okay, Muse is one of those bands you really can't not like. One of my favorite rock bands by far.

Absolution is a fantastic album, with songs like Hysteria and Time is Running Out that are just fun to listen to and also some emotional ones like Thoughs of a Dying Atheist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x76baZzQANk

My other favorite album by them is Origin of Symmetry. It's definitely their most technically skilled album, with tracks like Plug In Baby and Hyper Music really showcasing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmQg5DnSvkA

• Brohoof 1

Ah Jet quite the underrated band imo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klkAIv3lyG0

Two rockin' tunes here ;) 

For me I always like the live performances rather than studio but thats just me. Raw live energy nothing beats that. 

A massive wave of nostalgia just hit me listening to this song. This song was the shit back when I was in like fifth grade or something

AHH I just nostalgia'd all over myself and my keyboard!!  :wub:  

So many awesome memories from this song haha! Thanks for posting this it has been forever since I last heard this  B)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is my first post in this thread that has seemed to have quite the load of bands mentioned

I'll just say a few things your own opinions:

Three Days grace is one of my favorite more modern rock bands, though I despised their newest album.

One-X is best album, followed by Life Starts Now.

There are way better songs to choose from Life Starts Now

I've been listening to the band Paramore lately. I swear the singer of this band is the hottest girl on earth. And she has an amazing voice too :D

Flyleaf are better :trollface:

(To be honest I like both Paramore and Flyleaf)

Put Dance With The Devil and Evil Angel on your list then I'll be happy

My favorite song to ever come from the artistically gifted minds of Rise Against. Tim MicIlrath has the coolest sounding voice ever.

Everything from The Sufferer And The Witness was awesome

Oh ho ho ho you wanna talk about Muse, boi?

You got it.

Okay, Muse is one of those bands you really can't not like. One of my favorite rock bands by far.

Absolution is a fantastic album, with songs like Hysteria and Time is Running Out that are just fun to listen to and also some emotional ones like Thoughs of a Dying Atheist.

Pfffttt....Muse? Really?

Might as well go off on why I hate them

1 - Their lead singer's high notes can sometimes really kill off all mood in their songs

2 - Some of their songs are beyond boring

3 - They just seem too much like a wannabe Radiohead in my mind

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes before you guys point it out

I am very picky when it comes to modern rock

That I listen to

So after ripping on most of your guys' opinions

Might as well post what I think is good:

Edited by Moog Voyager
  • Brohoof 1