Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Spike Ever Grow (Up)?

xlwpos

Each Spike is differnt really.  As for growing up, well dragons age slowly to begin with.  Spike may not grow in height but he sure is maturing as a young child.

Granted we saw Secert of my excess show him repidly grow but that seems to render a dragon to be a slave to pure instnict. Then thier the teenage dragons which seem aware and while still have hords are at least intelgent..to a point.  so it hard ot say how they age.

no, growing up would be dangerous, and spike wouldnt be spike anymore. and little girls wouldnt like him. hasbro wont do that to him. This isnt fallout equestria, also, it would take a hundred years for that to happen as dragons are immortal.

Spike is getting more mature by each episode. Having him "grow up" in his dragon form would maybe cause havoc in Ponyville, oh and I don't see Hasbro doing that to a cartoon show.

Okay the earlier Gens are very different to FiM, for instance Rainbow Dash used to be afraid to get dirty and called everyone Darling... So it's just like he never existed in the Earlier Generations, they were in dofforent times, characters from earlier generations may be younger or older in FiM.

But as for him growing up in FiM we see in (secret of my Excess) and to a lesser degree (Dragon Quest) that Spike won't really mature until he acts more like a dragon, hoarding gems and whatnot. However since Spike is so generous and helpful its unlikely that will really happen...

Ohhh and before I go, we know that Twilight made Spike hatch from his egg which means the other generations are kinda void again :3

But good question with ages and whatnot, for a show like this having age development would be tough...

• 2 weeks later...