Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NFL Super Bowl Thread! Seattle vs New England

Green Precision

48 users have voted

1. 1. Who will win the super bowl?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • New England Patriots

Patriots. After Seattle beat my Packers today in a game that should've been sealed in the third quarter, I want New England to crush the Seahawks.

I would rather listen to everyone talk about the Patriots being the super bowl champions for the next year than Seattle... again.

If any team can Crush another it would be the Pats. Point in case The Colts.

Lets go Pats!

Tom needs one more ring!   :yay:

What is this I'm hearing about a "DeflateScandal"? That would be unfortunate if it's true but I highly doubt it is. People are always trying to accuse the Patriots as cheaters all because of that spygate from so many years ago...

• Brohoof 5

Even if the Patriots did use deflated footballs during the game, they still would've won against the Colts.

Also, I predict the score to be 34-14 with the Patriots on top. If the Packers didn't all of a sudden turn off their game yesterday, they would've beat Seattle and go to Arizona to beat New England.

Oh well. There's next season.

• Brohoof 3

Alright, first and foremost, I am a Steelers fan, and always will be. For that reason, I want the Seahawks. I really hate the Patriots.

Edited by Overdrive
  • Brohoof 2

Seattle played hard, and deserves that win against Green Bay last night. If it hadn't been for that missed catch on that onside kick, we would have a different story, but that isn't the case. The Colts vs Patriots game was an absolute joke to me, not what you would expect out of a championship game. But the players for the big game are set.

My pick will have to be Seattle, just because of how they played against Green Bay, not to mention I really dislike New England.

• Brohoof 2

The Patriots and Packers are tied for second at 5 apiece.

That's the Cowboys and the 49ers actually. The Patriots have 3 victories against 4 losses. If they lose, they'll tie Denver for most Super Bowl losses which I hope they do. I can't take them seriously after the DeflateGate scandal. Cheating in a blowout win is low.

That's the Cowboys and the 49ers actually. The Patriots have 3 victories against 4 losses. If they lose, they'll tie Denver for most Super Bowl losses which I hope they do. I can't take them seriously after the DeflateGate scandal. Cheating in a blowout win is low.

Oops. I thought it was the Packers and Patriots. My bad.

you can ask @MrTrevorrMC, The NFL is currently investigating the DeflateGate Scandal and see if the Patriots are using a Deflated Footballs during the Team's Blowout against the Colts Last Night

This is a questionable case, seeing as though the other team could've at any moment mentioned that the balls were low on air pressure.... But they didnt until after the game.

This being said, the deflated balls could have been unintentional, and it just wasnt ever brought to anyone's attention until after the game, making it no one's fault other than the people who blew the balls up.  

• Brohoof 3

This is a questionable case, seeing as though the other team could've at any moment mentioned that the balls were low on air pressure.... But they didnt until after the game.

This being said, the deflated balls could have been unintentional, and it just wasnt ever brought to anyone's attention until after the game, making it no one's fault other than the people who blew the balls up.  

for the 1st sentence in 1st paragraph I agree. At one point in the first half of the Colts-Patriots Game, the official Timeout was Called and the Officials noticed the Football was Deflated and threw it off the field of play. ask you this, is that a possible chance that we can get the case like this once of in awhile?

Skipping the Deflate scandal, I got my money on the Pats. They've done well, on both sides of the ball. The Pack's offense showed that the Legion of Boom ain't a steel wall. If Brady plays well, the Pats will win.

(Also I'm rooting for the Pats because of a bet I have with a certain Artist. :P)

• Brohoof 4

LET'S GO RAIDERS!

qPkzg8v.png

Wait, wrong year. It isn't 2003... In that case, Go Patriots!

Yeahh...deflated or not, 45 - 7 speaks for itself  :confused: 

Even if the Patriots did use deflated footballs during the game, they still would've won against the Colts.

Eeyup. Jimmy G could have started at QB with footballs deflated like frisbees and they still would have won. The Colts played horribly on all sides of the ball.

• Brohoof 1

Seahawks, my little ponies.

I watched it with my church friend after church and when the double touchdown was made, my friends was shouting like hell. When we score a touchdown, We were happy. Manly tears were shed by Russell Wilson. He was playing pretty badly back then.

Seahawks may win the Super Bowl again!

Da battle is on people!

Edited by Kneesocks

Seattle played hard, and deserves that win against Green Bay last night. If it hadn't been for that missed catch on that onside kick, we would have a different story, but that isn't the case. The Colts vs Patriots game was an absolute joke to me, not what you would expect out of a championship game. But the players for the big game are set.

My pick will have to be Seattle, just because of how they played against Green Bay, not to mention I really dislike New England.

Seattle took advantage of Green Bay folding at the end of the game. Wilson posted a quarterback rating of 0.00 in the first half, that's unheard of in the NFC Championship and a so called "elite" starting quarterback. He also threw four interceptions by throwing blindly into double and triple coverage, something that he has been getting lucky with in a lot of games. I'm not laying everything on that onside kick, Green Bay didn't relax at the end when they knew they had to try to get first downs to run the clock out and they couldn't. 

Seattle got lucky that Green Bay tried to play conservative to try and run the clock out a little too early, something they did against Atlanta and almost lost.

The Patriots are a team that will show you no mercy even after you've been pounded into the dirt, we've seen that yesterday against the Colts. That and they've been playing very good in the second half of the season.

• Brohoof 2

Green Bay didn't relax

post-28474-0-31994800-1421721137.jpeg

your post also brought me to the thought of when they were overconfident with the interception with 5 minutes left to play, and decided to go down instead of take it further, this could've effected the game, just a bit. 

I'm not really a fan of football, but I appreciate the following it has. But my buddies are really into it. Most of them hate both teams, and were hoping for the Colts and the Packers to make it. My one friend is a 49ers fan, and he despises Tom Brady. Said he's overly cocky. If he walked out with a 3rd ring, he would be uber pissed. 

Now, my home team?

The Buffalo Bills. 
Like I said football isn't really my thing, but I know it's annoying being a Bills fan, seeing as they haven't made the playoffs in over 12 years. And they blew their chance this year after losing to the Raiders, who had no chance of making it. :/

Still, we've got a new coach, and hopefully we'll make it next year.

attachicon.gifaaron-rodgers-geeksandcleats.jpeg

your post also brought me to the thought of when they were overconfident with the interception with 5 minutes left to play, and decided to go down instead of take it further, this could've effected the game, just a bit. 

Rodgers' well known R-E-L-A-X speech was the last thing on those players minds, while his calf injury was on his mind.

Also, they were more concerned for ball control than running yards. Yes, Green Bay could've got an advantage if the player would've ran it further, but what would've happened if they fumbled it and Seattle got it back? The interception wouldn't have meant anything.

It's just a big would-a, could-a, should-a. It was a gut wrenching loss, but I'm very optimistic for the future. Rodgers' will be healthy next year, we have a lot of young players that have really grown over the season and our run game will just get better while drafting towards a little more help on the defense will really help.

I dunno. I have a couple of problems with the deflategate scandal and people saying it's going to hurt the Pats come Super Bowl Sunday :confused:

1. Refs have to put the football down at the line of scrimmage after the end of a play, meaning that the officials themselves touched the purported "deflated footballs" hundreds of times that night. If it were enough to make a significant difference like people are claiming, I'm pretty sure they would've noticed that.

2. That being said, I don't think a deflated football is going to give any team a 40 point boost.

Pats full sail ahead :D

• Brohoof 1

I dunno. I have a couple of problems with the deflategate scandal and people saying it's going to hurt the Pats come Super Bowl Sunday :confused:

1. Refs have to put the football down at the line of scrimmage after the end of a play, meaning that the officials themselves touched the purported "deflated footballs" hundreds of times that night. If it were enough to make a significant difference like people are claiming, I'm pretty sure they would've noticed that.

2. That being said, I don't think a deflated football is going to give any team a 40 point boost.

Pats full sail ahead :D

Exactly. If the NFL somehow gets the Patriots with this scandal, I heard they'll take away some draft picks from the Patriots. It's not going to affect them during the Super Bowl, hell, it might even make them want to play harder and win with a blowout as a big middle finger (or as I like to call it, "The Silent Bird") to the NFL.

After the Colts' kicker, Adam Vinatieri, made the 53 yard field goal against the Bengals, the NFL "randomly" selected him for a drug test the following day. It's like they couldn't believe a 42 year old kicker made the kick from that far away.

• Brohoof 3

Exactly. If the NFL somehow gets the Patriots with this scandal, I heard they'll take away some draft picks from the Patriots. It's not going to affect them during the Super Bowl, hell, it might even make them want to play harder and win with a blowout as a big middle finger (or as I like to call it, "The Silent Bird") to the NFL.

After the Colts' kicker, Adam Vinatieri, made the 53 yard field goal against the Bengals, the NFL "randomly" selected him for a drug test the following day. It's like they couldn't believe a 42 year old kicker made the kick from that far away.

I was hoping he'll miss that one and he didn't. I lost my chances to see my Favorite team play in the Super Bowl for the first time. If the NFL does find the Patriots Guilty of this. The actions are going to be taken and the Patriots are not going to like it. Remember the Spygate Scandal back in 2007/2008 NFL Season and Super Bowl XLII? The Patriots were accused of a Spygate scandal by the New York Jets and the Jets won their case. Patriots lost some major Draft picks after they lost to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII (Which I call the Revenge Game for Eli Manning and the Giants). If the Patriots lose some Draft Picks, then the Seattle Seahawks led by League's #1 Defense will conquer New England.

To much is being made about the c-hawks defence.

Tom Brady is the best clutch qb in the history of the league.

and has both the experience to win and reacent SB loses to be hungry enough.

Patriots all the way

24-14