Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books New FIENDship is Magic comic series? Getting tired of these spin offs

TheMarkz0ne

Ok so I seen the new pony comic spin off. This is getting bad. I understand collecting is a choice and that's fine and all. But we now have 3 ongoing series. We still have the young main series Friendship Is Magic which most likely is show canon. The they brought Friends Forever, which I own only 7 issues for. Now we are getting a villain spin of called FIENDship is Magic. Don't forget the Micro series. So we have 4 series for one franchise. Now I stopped collecting the comics some time ago. But in case I want to keep up again. It's cool Queen Chrysalis is getting her own story in this series and I will pick that particular issue.. But 4 series? dam.

The Fiendship is Magic series is only going to be a five comic mini-series, IIRC, and I'm fairly stoked for it.

But yeah, IDW has the main series which is at 26 issues, and the Friends Forever series at 13 issues currently; though the Micro series ended at 10 issues some time back.

But yeah, the comics have generally been high quality, so I'm hyped for it. :wub:

• Brohoof 2

The Fiendship is Magic series is only going to be a five comic mini-series, IIRC, and I'm fairly stoked for it.

But yeah, IDW has the main series which is at 26 issues, and the Friends Forever series at 13 issues currently; though the Micro series ended at 10 issues some time back.

But yeah, the comics have generally been high quality, so I'm hyped for it. :wub:

I never knew the micro series ended that quick. I don't own a single issue from that series. They're just to expensive and they have too many variant covers.

I never knew the micro series ended that quick. I don't own a single issue from that series. They're just to expensive and they have too many variant covers.

Eh, the variant issues I could care less about; I just purchase them digitally through iBooks. They were cheap enough for me. *Shrugs.*

Do the dazzlings get their issue?

Yeah; along with Sombra, Tirek, Nightmare Moon, and Chrysalis.

Can someone link me to all 5 official covers? Can't find them.

You should be able to find all five at this link: http://www.equestriadaily.com/search/label/Fiendship%20is%20Magic

Ok so I seen the new pony comic spin off. This is getting bad. I understand collecting is a choice and that's fine and all. But we now have 3 ongoing series. We still have the young main series Friendship Is Magic which most likely is show canon. The they brought Friends Forever, which I own only 7 issues for. Now we are getting a villain spin of called FIENDship is Magic. Don't forget the Micro series. So we have 4 series for one franchise. Now I stopped collecting the comics some time ago. But in case I want to keep up again. It's cool Queen Chrysalis is getting her own story in this series and I will pick that particular issue.. But 4 series? dam.

Moving this to the Books Sub-forum of FiM. 

And to your point, welcome to the wonderful world of comic books. Dark Horse, Marvel, and DC are notorious for multiple concurrent series (on-going and limited) for their more popular IP's. If you focused on a licensed IP, Dark Horse and Star Wars are a perfect analogy. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't think they release too many -- in general I have found them to be very high quality. They have limited the variant covers recently, which is nice. I only try to collect one of each issue, so I pick my favorite and hunt it down. I've been lucky recently with my local comic book store. (I live in a small town). I'm excited for the new series, but won't buy all of them if they're not good. I try to get all the main series (which I have found to be excellent), but limit the extra series (Microseries, FF). 

• 1 month later...

It's a 5 issue weekly mini-series that will be over with after a little more than a month, so I don't think it's going to have any large negative effects on collectors... and honestly the joy of collecting for me hasn't just been knowing that I'll complete it real fast and be done, it's the joy of the hunt and getting new pieces to add to your collection... I'm always going to favor new materials being added to something I collect.  (If I just wanted something to collect that I could finish up real quick, I'd go collect state quarters, buy a set on eBay, be done, and eventually get bored with staring at them and stick them in a soda machine. :D)

Plus in the case of these comics, the stories are much more important to me than the covers... collecting variants is nice and all, but I love the comics for the stories... I'd much rather spend my money on these 5 entirely unique comics, than buying all nine hundred retailer exclusive covers of a main series comic.

Plus this series in particular explores the back stories of the villains, which is just awesome.  So I'm super excited about its release. <3

• Brohoof 1