Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there were a spin-off starring one of the Mane Five who would you like...

Azureth

What would be the best for a spin-off?  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Best choice for a spin-off?

• Rarity
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Fluttershy
    • Applejack

It to be? I am leaving Twilight out due to the fact that she pretty much already has her own show with FiM basically being her show.

For me, and I know I am being biased, but I would LOVE to see a Rarity spin-off! That would be great!

• Brohoof 1

With her career, I think Rarity would be the most interesting spin-off.

It would be about how she became famous with her dresses (for example).

A Pinkie Pie or a Rainbow Dash spin-off would be interesting too.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I'm going with Rarity since "Keeping Up With Canterlot" sounds like a really fun show, but no... 

What the people need is a show chronicling all the shenanigans Spike gets up in while he's busy being offscreen in the series proper. 13 minute episodes. Wackiness. Big Mac. Hoofball. It's waiting for us. We just need to pursue it.

• Brohoof 2

Pinkie Pie.. :maud:

well__duh____by_mezkalito4p-d4dyuik.gif

The story of the show would be that she travels across the land, bringing parties, smiles to all--happy pony friends of hers!

Everywhere she goes, she will leave a trail of smiles, and joy. 

The ponies of Equestria will begin to look up to her, and her ability to make them joyous despite it all.

They will start to adore her..

They will begin to worship her..

They will build a triangular monument in her glorious image..

And Pinkie will continue to bring smiles everlasting, even to you..

:maud:  

• Brohoof 3

I'd love to see a spin-off featuring Pinkie Pie. Since she likes to interact with every character she meets and has an energetic personality, I could definitely see it being a spin-off with plenty of interesting stories.

I'd also like to see a spin-off featuring Applejack. Like Pinkie, AJ interacts with other ponies a lot, especially her family. While I can't see too many interesting stories from an AJ spin-off, I do think that it has potential for some really nice character interactions.

• Brohoof 2

Huh; actually rather surprised here at rarity getting the most votes, since she's one of the most mediocre ponies for marketability in products. (regardless of whether I like her or not, she's not nearly as hot as Flutters, pinkie or RD for selling toys.)

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

We haven't learned much about Rarity's upbringing, I guess, but personally I think Rainbow Dash is a lot better for the "adventure" aspect.

I'd like to see Pinkie Pie, too... I wanna learn more about her.

actually kind of funny; despite how often I hear people say that Dash would be the best bet for an adventure show, she really has much, much less fighting and action scenarios than Twilight. Even Applejack has more than Dash.

Rainbow Dash -- we could have something like the fic austraeoh...  Or we could have her actually getting a spot on the wonderbolts and doing shows, practicing, and putting monsters in their place wherever she is called to perform.

Fluttershy for me cause she already has a partner in crime, Discord, and so we can finally see those two form a detective agency solve cases all across Equestria, specifically those on beaches.

Now THAT would be awesome. I already friggin LOVE Discord, and I think they'd get up to some cool shenanigans. Maybe Fluttershy wouldn't be the best choice, being rather sheltered and sedentary, but I guess Discord is sort of her sidekick so it couldn't really be anyone else.

personally I think none of them would be able to carry their own show.... 

that's like taking every ingredient out of a cake except one then serving it..... each of their unique personalities is what made the show awesome....

Twilight is most likely the only one able to carry their own show since she is the most iconic of the Mane Six....

being honest, I don't like Rainbow Dash... but she'd be able to hold her own show in the Equestria Girls universe hands down.... just not the FIM universe

I'm gonna have to go with Pinkie. Maybe it could explain how she seems to have powers even though she's an earth pony. And it would be really funny.

• Brohoof 1

being honest, I don't like Rainbow Dash... but she'd be able to hold her own show in the Equestria Girls universe hands down.... just not the FIM universe

Could you to explain what you mean here, as to what exactly makes EQG rainbow dash seem more likely to carry a show than FIM rainbow dash would you say? I'd actually put EQG dash's potential down as being worse than her pony self. :/

I was deciding between Rarity and Fluttershy for a moment before concluding with the latter: with her nature and activities Fluttershy seems the most likely to have the most adventures.

As a Fluttershy fan, I agree with this sentiment.

I'm genuinely surprised at how many people want a Rarity spin-off. 

Rarity may be my favorite member of the Mane Six, but I'm really skeptical about the idea of a spin-off based around her. Seems to likely to me that it would devolve into a sort of prime time cable sitcom but for kids. . .maybe.

Either way, Rainbow Dash seems like the most obvious choice for a spin-off series given her personality (she's essentially a shonen series protagonist in the wrong show), the fact that (other then Rarity) she pretty the only member of the Mane Six who has goals and desires that lie outside of Ponyville, and she probably has the biggest cast of characters associated with her and her stories outside of Twilight. Most of the work is already done, you just have to expand upon it. Hell, it doesn't even need to be adventure based like people think, it could just be sports based, or weather team shenanigans.

In truth all five could, in theory, make for great spin-off material.

But if I had to choose it'd probably be Rarity or Rainbow Dash; considering both have big career aspirations and I think it would be interesting to see how they grow as a Wonderbolt/Professional Fashion Designer.

• Brohoof 1

I'd rather see a spin off with a different character from the mane 6, maybe a character in "contrast" to the protagonists ... such as Trixie. I think it would be interesting as a spin off..

And,as always ..I hope I have expressed myself clearly,because I don't write well in english

• Brohoof 1