Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mane Six Death Battle: Who would win?

TheMarkz0ne

Here Is a problem.

Rainbow Dash has to get close to Twilight to do serious damage to her.

And we have seen that Twiligjt is able to stop Rainbow in flight as seen in the episode "Lesson Zero". She can also provide force fields to stop any major attacks.

Yes Rainbow Dash can manipulate the weather, but keep in mind that Twilight can teleport and use force fields, both spells that don't need her to concentrat on her enemy, but on herself.

Can Twilight stop Rainbow Dash while she's flying at several times the speed of sound?  There's been no indication that Twilight can react that quickly.  Plus I'm not sure that the force field can stand a Sonic Rainboom.  That thing shattered rock from miles away.

Can Twilight stop Rainbow Dash while she's flying at several times the speed of sound? There's been no indication that Twilight can react that quickly. Plus I'm not sure that the force field can stand a Sonic Rainboom. That thing shattered rock from miles away.

Possibly.

Note that Rainbow does not always fly at speeds faster then sound, otherwise she would catch everyone she has chased.

But

For this argument we will assume that she does.

Now there is no doubt that Twilight can catch Rainbow, but the question is if she is capable of matching her speed and attacking her in these conditions.

The answer depends greatly. Twilight is a strategist and could come up with counter measures should she have to figh Rainbow. She understand the strengh and weaknesses of her friends so she may have a plan in mind.

So it depends on what she has in mind.

Now can Twilight's force field handle the sonic Rainboom?

Probably not.

But there is a problem.

The Sonic Rainboom requires acceleration and Rainbow can't jut do it like that.

Even in the "Canterlot Wedding" episode Rainbow had to fly for a bit before she was able to preform the Sonic Rainboom.

Now she can only perform this when she apperes to be flying in a straight path. Taking aerodynamic into accout if she makes too many turns her speed will decrease an she might not accelerate to the speed neccesary to perform this move. She can only perform this move when she has accelerated enough and flying straight.

In short this move need Rainbow to be accelerating twords a location.

So this move can be predictable if the target sees what is going on.

Plus the Sonic boom itself goes away from rainbow. In order for the Sonic boom to hit something Rainbow must be close to the ground so the shock waves hit he target near the ground, or she must be above the target as soon as the sonic boom is made.

In short to use the sonic booms as a weapon is unlikely and unpractical.

Now while flying at speeds that allowed her to make the sonic Rainboom, she might have some advantage, but at that speed she cannot monuver as Welles she could before. She can still make 90 turns, but the problem is that she is constantly moving at this speed so as soon as she makes a turn she will be moving in that direction instantly. Most of her turns are wide and long turns when moving at this speed.

In short she may have problems monuvering and hiring her target, especially if her target is small and moving as well. Plus if the area is too reduced, Rainbow may crash and damage herself greatly.

The Sonic Rainboom cannot be used lightly.

However there is no saying that Rainbow cannot hit Twilight. That I am certain of. Even with the problems I listed there is still a chance that Twilight may be hit.

But you shouldn't assume that Twilight wont be able to handle the attacks.

Twilight is durable and can handle the pressure of heavy objects. In the episode "Boast Busters" Twilight carried a water tower and an Ursa Minor, both objects that where heavy. Now notice in the scenes with her that she is tiring and the ground bellow her is sinking. According to physics this means that a force is pushing down on her. Notice that even with this force pushing down on her, her body is not collapsing. The means according to Physics that Twilight must be able to the pressure of an objects that she is carrying. Because her body can handle the weight and pressure of heavy objects this also gives her great durability.

Now while most of we spells or for non-combat use she does have a concussive blast. This blast is strong enought to shatter solid rock. This was noticeable in the "Canterlot Wedding" episode when she shattered the wall between her and Cadance.

So taking this into account Twilight may be able to handle Rainbow's attacks and be able to handle herself.

If you have any more questions or other theories I can try to answer them.

It all depends on the stituation.

If it had to do with thinking, it would be Twilight Sparkle.

If had to do with brute force, I would pic Rainbow Dash.

I'm sorry if I'm being a nerd. (loves science at times) ^^; 

Here Is a problem.

Rainbow Dash has to get close to Twilight to do serious damage to her.

And we have seen that Twiligjt is able to stop Rainbow in flight as seen in the episode "Lesson Zero". She can also provide force fields to stop any major attacks.

Yes Rainbow Dash can manipulate the weather, but keep in mind that Twilight can teleport and use force fields, both spells that don't need her to concentrat on her enemy, but on herself.

Plus Twilight is the strategist of the team.

She understands the strenghts and weaknesses of her freinds and would have plans to react accordingly.

Now I agree about Twilights magic being limited. It was a point I made in one of my earlier posts. Her magic requires concentration and effort. Plus she also needs a line of sight to hit her target.

Rainbow Dash has a weakness as well. She is tanacious and has a never give up attitude, always taking on challenges she may or not be able to achieve. However this also tends to led her to take risks and as I said make her take on challenges she may not be capable of. She preferes to fight head on instead of at a safe distance.

Twilight will know this and will have a plan to react accordingly. The reason I stated that Twilight would win is not for being the strongest, but for being the strategist. Like I said she understands the strength and weaknesses of her freinds and would react accordingly. Tenacity and force can only accomplish so much in a fight and usually it's the one with a plan that ends up victorious.

Keep in mind that I kept all the ponies personalities intact to make things more realistic in one of my earlier post.

Thank you.

Since I have also been watching Death Battle on Screwattack.com this intrigued me to wonder who would win.

I looked at all the facts and tried to leave no current stone unturned to determine the true winner based on what I found.

It wasn't easy, but it wasn't hard as well.

Mostly I did it for fun.

Keep in mind that Rainbow Dash can reach speeds up to Mach 5 without the sonic rainboom. She would most likely charge Twilight from all different directions like a dart.

It all comes down to if Twilight has the reaction time to set up a force field or teleport out of the way when Rainbow is going 1,701 meters per second, 3,402 meters per second if she uses the sonic Rainboom. 

Twilight is powerful, but she's not going to win if she can't react fast enough. 

Keep in mind that Rainbow Dash can reach speeds up to Mach 5 without the sonic rainboom. She would most likely charge Twilight from all different directions like a dart.

It all comes down to if Twilight has the reaction time to set up a force field or teleport out of the way when Rainbow is going 1,701 meters per second, 3,402 meters per second if she uses the sonic Rainboom.

Twilight is powerful, but she's not going to win if she can't react fast enough.

Ya as you stated Twilight may need to react fast is she is going to win.

BUT

Keep in mind in this battle all of the members of the mane 6 are fighting. It isn't just a 1 on 1 fight, because that would be a different scenario. In this battle we are assuming that everyone is fighting.

Taking their personalities to account Rainbow would target someone who may give her a challenge to her, most likely Applejack. Rainbow is always trying to prove he is the best and would target someone who she believes will be a challenge which most likely in her eyes will be Applejack. Twilight being the strategist will most likely target Fluttershy first because she is the weakest in tearms of combat.

Undoubtfuly Rainbow and Twilight will be the last two standing (majority believe this as well).

Assuming that they had to figh the other members as well, which is scenario this is talking about, then they would have both fought other members as well.

Twilight would have fought smart and would have attacked the weaker members first in order to save her strength.

Rainbow theoretically would have fought Applejack to give a challenge and would have fought the other members as well.

By the time both combatants are left standing Twilight would have been in way better shape then Rainbow for the final dual.

While Twilight isn't currently all powerful, what makes up for this is her ability at strategy and would have fought smart to conserve her strenght. She would allow the other stronger members to fight each other to let them wear themselves out. By the time she was left standing for the 1 on 1 fight, she would have been in way better shape then her opponent.

Remember the Rainbow is tenacious, but is also brash an arrogant. She would jump in the fight without a plan in mind relying solely on her abilities. She would try to overpower her opponents, which could work.

BUT

Brute strenght can only accomplish so much and it is usually the one with a plan in mind that ends up victorious.

We also have to take environment into account.

If the environment in a plane then there isn't much Twilight can do. She can possible avoide some attacks, but she will be in the open for attacks. Now if the area is reduced or there are a lot of trees and rocks then Rainbow's speed and maneuverability will be greatly reduced leaving her open for an attack.

So ya it also depends on the environment that they are fighting in as well.

• 2 months later...

Well this one is tough, but I'm going to go in order from first to go to last:

1. Rarity

2. Applejack

3. Fluttershy

4. Rainbow Dash

5. Pinkie Pie

6. Twilight Sparkle

Rarity dies first because she may have some magic but she doesn't know many spells, and doesn't know any other form of combat.

Applejack may be in great physical condition, but she cannot fly or use magic. At least she knows some combat.

Fluttershy is capable of flight and has control of the woodland creatures in Ponyville, her personality is the limit to her power though, still even with a more bold personality she wouldn't be ranked any higher on the list.

Pinkie Pie could easily defeat everybody in mane six, but due to her slapstick personality and habit to be easily distracted, she could only go so far.

Twilight Sparkle wins this battle because like Pinkie Pie her power has no upper limit, but she uses magic rather than randomness to perform incredible feats, she could make herself lose control by the time the first 4 are dead and have nothing holding her back from destroying everything. 

There you have it, my opinion on who would win in a battle between mane six.

post-15246-0-64535000-1367119301.jpg

Either twilight or rainbow dash, we can all see why fluttershy would lose and somewhat why rarity would lose. Both earth ponies are at a dis-advantage and that leaves rainbow and twilight, rainbow has super fast flying and athletic ability while twilight has great magic ability, like teleporting and levitating. I'd say rainbowdash in the end though

Twilight or dash. Here is how i think the battle would play out before it came down to the last two, twilight casts a spell which kills all of them except for rarity, who used magic to protect herself, and dash, who flew away quick enough. Then dash would sneak up on rarity in order to avoid her magic. Meanwhile twilight would hide and plan. Dash is fast, strong, stealthy, and can fly while twilight is brilliant and extremely powerful magic wise. Either one cold win in this situation, twilight could lure dash into a trap or kill her directly. However, if dash managed to sneak up on twilight then twilight wouldn't stand a chance.

Twilight. Although rainbow dash has speed and strength on her side, Twilight knows a lot of magic, and could probably outsmart rainbow dash, too.

• 5 months later...

Whatever happens, I think Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie and Applejack are the first three to bow out.

At this point, it becomes more difficult to decide who would win. Logically any of the remaining 3 could win.

Twilight has great magical capabilities, can teleport, has a logical and strategic mind. However, she lacks slightly in the physical department and a lot of her spells require upmost concentration and effort.

Rainbow Dash has incredible speed and all sorts of tricks and moves to maneuverer around the other two. If she ends up using the Sonic Rainboom, Rarity and Twilight could very well be finished. Contrary to popular belief, she does not fight brainlessly (Changeling fight), even impersonating and outwitting her opponents. She also has strength and agility due to her being an athlete. However, she might find herself at a disadvantage against unicorn magic. Her improvised fighting style is quick and brutal and the other two would be lucky to hit her. Her biggest downfall, is her arrogance and underestimation of her opponents' abilities. 

Rarity is more of a mix between the two. She has surprisingly powerful magic for a unicorn not directly educated in magic, pattering all clouds in the sky, lifting her entire shop full of items during Art of The Dress, illusion and transfiguration magic etc. She also has surprising physical ability and fighting skills (manticore, changeling fight, roundhouse kicking Applejack). Therefore, she can function effectively both long and short range. She is very manipulative and cunning as seen with the escapade with the Diamond Dogs and I'm sure not above pulling gems out of the ground or impaling others with her tools. Ruin her mane or steal her gems and she will fight with unmatched ferocity and determination against anyone. Despite, being having the greatest multitude of abilities and being the most well-rounded, she can still be dominated by Twilight's superior magic or Dash's speed or distracted by her appearance.

Twilight Sparkle or either Rainbow Dash because being a very experienced unicorn who is very good at magic I guess she is unstoppable and Rainbow Dash can just hit her with a Sonic Rainboom. Meh, dunno. Fluttershy would probably be tie with Twilight if she can give ''The Stare'' at ponies then just animals.

Oh, come on. Even ScrewAttack wouldn't have them actually fight each other to the death, even if they actually made a video for it. I imagine a scenario like that would only lead to the punchline of "... Wait. Why are we fighting again?"

... But this is just hypothetical.

... Fine. I vote Twilight Sparkle. Her magical abilities are indeed unparalleled, and with the ability to halt all runners and fliers with a simple levitation spell, among other things, she could easily defeat the others.

Besides, she's an alicorn now. So yeah.

Hmm..I think Rarity or Dash  would win. 

Why?

Rarity, well we've seen her fight before...she bucked Applejack for touching Tom. and her magic is pretty good too. and with ther skill with textiles, I'm sure she could whip up some sort of weapon of some sort....

Dash because she's the best flyer. she'd be able to dodge any magic attack Twilight or Rarity hit her with and would probably make Twilight crash into the ground or something, as Dash would be a lot more agile in the air than Twilight....not to mention Dash can do a Sonic Rainboom. which who knows if you're in close proximity when it goes off, it could be devastating.

• Brohoof 1

I believe Rainbow Dash would actually win because of her agility..... but Rainbow Dash would most likely survive with Twilight and they'd have to fight. Twilight might win because of her: Magic abilities. Rainbow Dash doesn't have magic. Rainbow Dash might win because of her: Strength and fastness so Twilight couldn't mess with the speed of magic. Therefore..... Rainbow Dash wins!

Fluttershy's "Stare" in Fighting is Magic more or less one-shots any other pony xD.

I'd say dash would win as she's the only one that actually likes fighting (she learned karate after all). she has speed and agility and equal to AJ in strength but is apparently stronger with front legs than AJ with her back legs.

Twilight could probably win every battle if she could plan ahead first. took here a bit to deal with an ursa and beating trixie required strategy and planning. She's not gonna have that kinda time in a battle.

Rarity's good at manipulating many things at once, that would be good at fighting at long range with the right tools.

Pinkie Pie cannot be defeated my any means known to ponydom.

In such a hypothetical "royal rumble" kind of scenario, it's really hard to determine exactly who would win, due to all of the ponies having their own unique strengths and weaknesses. The complementary attributes of each member's strong and weak points is one of the many things that makes the mane 6 united as the Elements of Harmony. So to have all of them facing off against each other in some kind of death battle, the aftermath of such a crazy outcome would be so unpredictable; one could only guess. tongue.png

However, for me personally, my top bet would be placed on Pinkie Pie! smile.png
pinkie_pie_by_patekoro-d4r7pkv.png

She has so many unique abilities and possesses far less limitations than any other pony on the show. She's able to break multiple laws of physics and she's chuck full of unpredictable surprises. She also seems to be able to manipulate physics and fundamental laws of nature to her own advantage. Gravity being the best example.

155156__UNOPT__pinkie-pie_animated_spoil

It's been proven that she can jump much higher than other pony on the show, and she can even levitate to an extent, as seen in Feeling Pinkie Keen, Too Many Pinkie Pies, Putting Your Hoof Down, A Friend In Deed, and several other episodes throughout the series. She's even able to slow down gravity as shown in the above gif! tongue.png

She also seems to be incredibly fast for an Earth Pony, as seen in Party of One when Pinkie Pie was chasing after Rainbow Dash, and she was surprisingly keeping up with the pegasus really well.

She also has her Pinkie Sense which allows her to predict trouble before it strikes, so she would be able to easily dodge most attacks.

And finally, her flipping amazing Party Cannon! She can pull that thing out of literally nothing!
238221__UNOPT__safe_twilight-sparkle_rai

Besides launching confetti and a variety of party supplies, it also seems to pack a real punch in combat, as we've seen demonstrated by her in A Canterlot Wedding- Part 2, when she uses it to take on a multitude of changelings.

So overall, she's fast, she's able to perform great impossibilities, she can predict all possible upcoming attacks, she's got a part cannon ready to pull at any given moment and she's as unpredictable as unpredictable can get.

And from what I've seen throughout series, out of all the ponies in the mane 6, she always seems to be the one to defy the most odds.

So yeah, that's what I personally think.tongue.png

Edited by Dsanders

Something to consider in all this with adorable helpless little Fluttershy folks...

3077998-5062557739-disco.png

Yea. She has friggin Discord for a friend and potential ally. If she were so compelled she could just convince Discord to prank and temporarily incapacitate the others and then proceed to finish the deed. No one thus far, not Twilight nor any Alicorn princess has been able to singlehandedly take out the god of chaos.

Just something to consider from your Element of Kindness. So remember, DON'T tick her off.

fluttershy_by_thenaro-d46daqu.png

• 1 year later...

SInce Twilight is quite literally the embodiment of magic I think she'd be the eventual winner. I do think, however, that early in the fight Rainbow Dash and Applejack would dominate because Twilight wouldn't really want to fight her best friends. However when her life is in danger her magic will take control and she will probably erase all life within a 20 km radius.