Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

Overall I agree with most of the Death Battles I've seen. The only ones I disagree with are Goku VS Superman, Cloud VS Link, Peach VS Zelda and Yoshi VS Riptor.

Goku VS Superman

Already explained the inaccuracies with this one. But I think it would basically depend on which Superman we're talking about. The one from the comics I'm sorta iffy about. But if we're talking about the one from any of the animated series Goku would stomp him. And again I don't think Screw Attack realizes just how powerful Goku is. I can't believe those idiots said Goku wasn't even close to being as powerful as Superman...That chart was so off it wasn't even funny...I've seen for a fact that Superman most certainly DOES have Limits. And Goku's Full Power Kamehameha, Dragon Fist, Or Spirit Bomb would easily break through Superman's durability level. Hell, Even Darksied's Omega Beams, Doomsday's Fists and Lex Luthor's Power Suit were above Superman's durability level and able to hurt him...

Cloud VS Link

This battle was nothing but a complete load of bullshit. Cloud would stomp Link like he was nothing. I swear sometimes I wonder if Wiz and Boomstick are just a couple of biased fanboys...

Peach VS Zelda

If I recall correctly they cheated by having Peach use the powers and fighting abilities she had in Super Smash Bros. Sure Peach has demonstrated some feats of strength in a few Mario games but come on...Zelda has strong magic and can transform into a freaking NINJA...She would own Peach...

Yoshi VS Riptor

Again, what the hell were these 2 thinking? Yoshi is weak...He can't take more than 2 hits from a Goomba or Koopa without dying...Riptor would tear him to shreds and eat him for breakfast...LITERALLY. Also, they cheated by not using an even playing field and having Riptor fall to his death if I recall correctly.

Also, What's up with how in some Death Battles they claim that no "outside help" is allowed? How exactly do Chaos Emeralds and Power-Ups etc. not count as outside help? And by that logic Superman shouldn't have been allowed to get help from the sun during his fight with Goku...I know Goku blasted him into it but still Superman got an additional boost from the sun's power because of that. They should just made it a fight to the finish without Goku teleporting Superman anywhere or blasting him into a star or whatever. Why would Goku even think to try teleporting Superman to a star anyway? That's just stupid...I don't know why they thought he would try that...

And for more Battle Royale ideas for one I think they should do Delphox VS Greninja VS Chesnaught. They did Charizard VS Blastoise VS Venusaur so why not? (Even though Greninja would win it would still be fun to see)

Edited by Asbel Lhant

Overall I agree with most of the Death Battles I've seen. The only ones I disagree with are Goku VS Superman, Cloud VS Link, Peach VS Zelda and Yoshi VS Riptor.

Goku VS Superman

Already explained the inaccuracies with this one. But I think it would basically depend on which Superman we're talking about. The one from the comics I'm sorta iffy about. But if we're talking about the one from any of the animated series Goku would stomp him. And again I don't think Screw Attack realizes just how powerful Goku is. I can't believe those idiots said Goku wasn't even close to being as powerful as Superman...That chart was so off it wasn't even funny...I've seen for a fact that Superman most certainly DOES have Limits. And Goku's Full Power Kamehameha, Dragon Fist, Or Spirit Bomb would easily break through Superman's durability level. Hell, Even Darksied's Omega Beams, Doomsday's Fists and Lex Luthor's Power Suit were above Superman's durability level and able to hurt him...

Cloud VS Link

This battle was nothing but a complete load of bullshit. Cloud would stomp Link like he was nothing. I swear sometimes I wonder if Wiz and Boomstick are just a couple of biased fanboys...

Peach VS Zelda

If I recall correctly they cheated by having Peach use the powers and fighting abilities she had in Super Smash Bros. Sure Peach has demonstrated some feats of strength in a few Mario games but come on...Zelda has strong magic and can transform into a freaking NINJA...She would own Peach...

Yoshi VS Riptor

Again, what the hell were these 2 thinking? Yoshi is weak...He can't take more than 2 hits from a Goomba or Koopa without dying...Riptor would tear him to shreds and eat him for breakfast...LITERALLY. Also, they cheated by not using an even playing field and having Riptor fall to his death if I recall correctly.

Also, What's up with how in some Death Battles they claim that no "outside help" is allowed? How exactly do Chaos Emeralds and Power-Ups etc. not count as outside help? And by that logic Superman shouldn't have been allowed to get help from the sun during his fight with Goku...I know Goku blasted him into it but still Superman got an additional boost from the sun's power because of that. They should just made it a fight to the finish without Goku teleporting Superman anywhere or blasting him into a star or whatever. Why would Goku even think to try teleporting Superman to a star anyway? That's just stupid...I don't know why they thought he would try that...

And for more Battle Royale ideas for one I think they should do Delphox VS Greninja VS Chesnaught. They did Charizard VS Blastoise VS Venusaur so why not? (Even though Greninja would win it would still be fun to see)

1. They were actually being merciful to Goku considering they chose not to use Pre_Crisis Superman (Mr. I can pull several planets attached to a chain and move it to another part of the universe no problem or juggles planets for fun, or move fast enough to go back in time), did not used Post Crises Superman's stronger feats (The maggeddon device strength feat is even stronger than the planet pulling one and the fact his punch was clocked in at femtoseconds of reaction and other insane crap), while Goku was given everything that didn't directly contradict the Manga, even dubious sources like GT, power pole (hasn't used it since the namek saga), and they even were nice to him in calcs despite never showing any sort of FTL feat unlike Superman doing it multiple times.

2. No question, that was bad considering new calcs have Cloud being a  near speed of light figher (though Link has recieved massive buffs like being a lightning timer but not anywhere near Cloud's level at this point).

3. Last time I checked, Peach is able to beat Zelda pretty handidly since she was able to knock Bowser up to the sky no problem and how Mario Characters are able to move at massive hypersonic speeds. Course I could be wrong so don't hold me to that to strongly.

4. Yoshi is a mario character, which that alone shows him that he's pretty beast among video game characters in a physical fight and Riptor, I'm not quite sure what feats he has to really say he can hang with Yoshi in a fight.

Chaos Emeralds and powerups are items that characters can personally use that helps define what they are. Without them, then technically for example, Chief, Boba Fett, Samus Aran, and Doomguy are not allowed to use any of their equipment since they're technically outside help by your definition.

Then Goku is not allowed to use the Spirit Bomb as he needs the assistance of willing people or other life forms to power it up, also Superman is a battery in terms of how he uses solar energy, aka he won't lose all of it if he's not near a star but very slowly if not in heavy use. Goku didn't planned on sending him to the sun as in the battle Goku was trying to figure out what is making Superman strong before Superman's mental defense easily blocked that attack from Goku.

Perhaps, but I'd prefer if they did another group vs. group battle as the Eggman vs. Riley one was certainly one of the their best.

Edited by Nuke87654

It's basically the same as the previous fight. Water > Fire > Grass.

Goku VS Superman

Already explained the inaccuracies with this one. But I think it would basically depend on which Superman we're talking about. The one from the comics I'm sorta iffy about. But if we're talking about the one from any of the animated series Goku would stomp him. And again I don't think Screw Attack realizes just how powerful Goku is. I can't believe those idiots said Goku wasn't even close to being as powerful as Superman...That chart was so off it wasn't even funny...I've seen for a fact that Superman most certainly DOES have Limits. And Goku's Full Power Kamehameha, Dragon Fist, Or Spirit Bomb would easily break through Superman's durability level. Hell, Even Darksied's Omega Beams, Doomsday's Fists and Lex Luthor's Power Suit were above Superman's durability level and able to hurt him..

The only thing I saw wrong in that one was the fact that Goku was an idiot. He attacked Supes for no reason twice. He's not like that. Also, the one in the Animated Series along the Justice League Cartoons is ridiculously weak in comparison to his OP comic book counterparts. Goku at Saiyan Saga would be more than enough to kill that Supes.

When he punched Darkseid with his full-power that was something every DBZ hero would normally do.

I like both of them. Both are my childhood superhero icons, along Spidey, of course. Sad to say, Goku never had a chance with Supes.

Also, the Spirit Bomb doesn't work on Supes. He's a good person, and the SB only works on evil. Supes doesn't have limits, just like the Sun has a limitless amount of heat radiation.

Cloud VS Link

I'm not very familiar with both of this characters. I know a bit from Link, but I can't really judge this one.

Peach VS Zelda

Yoshi VS Riptor

Well, they gave Fox the Smash moves, so Bucky was obviously Screwed, and Bucky isn't weak, you know. There's a reason the very strong and powerful King Bowser captures princess peach. Because she's the only one with the power to delete Bowser's spells. And Bowser has an amazing magical power set, not to mention, by Paper Mario standards, he has an IQ of 300. About as much as Tails Prower.

Also, I feel like Yoshi VS Riptor was accurate, but Yoshi and Riptor should have fought other characters.Yoshi has the ability to deflect enemies' attacks and turn them to the owners, so Riptor's acid was going directly into the raptor's face, obviously killing Riptor. But they decided to end the fight with the car gag.

They did count for most warriors. But giving items and power-ups to Tails or Luigi would ment the exact same fight to Mario VS Sonic. Also, Superman is naturally connected to the Sun, so it's essentially on his nature to have the sun as a resource of power. A rather... cheating resource, but you get it.

They thought Goku COULD teleport Superman to a red star, which weakens him. But since Death Battle has the rule of not letting a character have non-canon knowledge of the other fighter, Goku just couldn't do it, because he didn't know.

• Brohoof 1

My gawd, people still whining over Link vs Cloud? Besides the fact there is NO game evidence on how fast either can move (except Link with the Pegasus boots), Link was nerfed more then Cloud. Seriously...Mirror Shield? The fact the Master Sword can deflect single target magic, the Fierce Deity Mask, Elemental Arrorws, the three medallions, his tri-force power....seriously, if they went on every piece of evidence for both, Link would still win.

• Brohoof 2

Goku VS Superman

Cloud VS Link

Peach VS Zelda

Yoshi VS Riptor

Strongest version of Superman held 52 universes in the palm of his hand...

Cloud versus Link was bunk. They nerfed Cloud's weapon and took away the benefits of his ribbon. By all rights, he should have won.

Can't really complain about the movesets on Peach vs Zelda, since Zelda's entire moveset is stolen from her Brawl character, which is stolen from Link. Peach has enough to compare with her, although the matter splitting soccer ball was a bit bogus.

Didn't really have a problem with Yoshi v Riptor, the win seemed legitimate enough to me, and Yoshi has done some pretty impressive things.

And Greninja destroys the other two. Simply put, they both get blitzed; Chesnaught doesn't even have powder moves to aid in his defense, and he also has to deal with the fact that his special defense ins garbage.

It's basically the same as the previous fight. Water > Fire > Grass.

The only thing I saw wrong in that one was the fact that Goku was an idiot. He attacked Supes for no reason twice. He's not like that. Also, the one in the Animated Series along the Justice League Cartoons is ridiculously weak in comparison to his OP comic book counterparts. Goku at Saiyan Saga would be more than enough to kill that Supes.

Goku at the middle-end of DB could beat that Supes. The DCAU version is the one people automatically think of when they think Superman.

I was gonna exclude characters who already had a Death Battle but these are fights that I'd really like to see:

Pre-Crisis Superman VS Galactus
Vegeta VS General Zod
Prince Marth VS Link
Batman VS Kraven The Hunter
Akuma VS Heihachi
Shao Khan VS The Shredder

And for new ideas;

Atom Ant VS Mighty Mouse
Saluk VS Shan-yu
Sephiroth VS Ganondorf
Killer Croc VS The Lizard
Raven VS Scarlet Witch
Thanos VS Tryco Slatterus

I was gonna exclude characters who already had a Death Battle but these are fights that I'd really like to see:

Vegeta VS General Zod

Prince Marth VS Link

Akuma VS Heihachi

And for new ideas;

Atom Ant VS Mighty Mouse

Saluk VS Shan-yu

Sephiroth VS Ganondorf

Raven VS Scarlet Witch

1. Galactus would stomp Pre-Crises Superman considering he's a universal entity capable of wrecking universes, which even that version of Superman cannot handle.

2. Have to go with General Zod on account of the fact he's able to match blows with Superman.

3. Link stomps Marth as Link is far stronger, more experinced and equipped, and faster than any fire emblem character I know about.

4. Not sure about the rest, though sephiroth should stomp ganondorf.

Vegeta VS General Zod

Akuma VS Heihachi

And for new ideas;

Sephiroth VS Ganondorf

That would depend on if Galactus is fully fed or not. If he's fed, Superman is fucked.

lol seriously? Vegeta ghettostomps Zod, that's not even funny. SSJVegeta is a better fighter then Supes was when he beat Zod.

Akuma, mostly because of his dark powers. Heihachi would eventually go down, but it would be brutal.

Shao Khan. Shredder would probably out skill him, but Khan has WAY more power and strength.

Ganondorf, easy. Sephiroth's magic is artificial, and garbage compared to the magical force Ganondorf possesses, esspecialy with the Triforce of Power. Plus, Ganondorf can teleport at will.

Vegeta VS General Zod

Prince Marth VS Link

Akuma VS Heihachi

And for new ideas;

Atom Ant VS Mighty Mouse

Saluk VS Shan-yu

Sephiroth VS Ganondorf

Raven VS Scarlet Witch

Galactus. Yeah, Galactus is THAT powerful. Galactus can beat 85% of all the Superman versions.

Vegeta VS General Zod

It's the same with Goku VS Superman. Only that Vegeta is much more ruthless and Zod doesn't have the same skill and power in comparison to Superman.

Batman VS Kraven

Kraven stomps. Bats is not at the league of someone like Kraven. Especially since Kraven has fought mightier beasts without any kind of weapon or help.

Shao Kahn VS Shredder

Shao Kahn with ridiculous ease. Shredder is barely strong or skilled enough to match Kahn.

Atom Ant VS Mighty Mouse

Ant < Mouse

Saluk VS Shan Yu

Shan Yu easily. Saluk is not even half as savage or strong as Shan Yu. 

Sephiroth VS Ganondorf

Since Ganondorf cannot be killed by anything that is not Link's sword, Sephiroth is screwed.

Lizard easily. Croc is barely strong and he's incredibly stupid. Lizard is very intelligent and can keep up with Spidey. If Lizard wanted, he could annihilate the entire rogue gallery of Batman. Now... If you refer to The Batman's Killer Croc, who's a very skilled and very strong mutant soldier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ATKU3cHLw

Batman: "Tens of thousands of lifes would be lost..."

Killer Croc: "And I'll shed a crocodile tear for each and every one..."

Then Lizard stomps aswell, but not as easy, since this Croc there can punch through solid brick like nothing.

Raven VS Scarlet Witch

I can't say... It could go either way.

Huh... Thanos, obviously.

Edited by Darker

1. Galactus would stomp Pre-Crises Superman considering he's a universal entity capable of wrecking universes, which even that version of Superman cannot handle.

2. Have to go with General Zod on account of the fact he's able to match blows with Superman.

3. Link stomps Marth as Link is far stronger, more experinced and equipped, and faster than any fire emblem character I know about.

4. Not sure about the rest, though sephiroth should stomp ganondorf.

1. Huh I see.

2. Not entirely.

3. Lol what? Have you even PLAYED any Fire Emblem games? Ike killed a freaking GODDESS...He would crush Link...As for Marth VS Link Well Marth's swordsmanship skills are superior to Link's. However Link DOES have more resources than Marth. Like the shield and bombs etc.

4. Hmmm I dunno.

That would depend on if Galactus is fully fed or not. If he's fed, Superman is fucked.

lol seriously? Vegeta ghettostomps Zod, that's not even funny. SSJVegeta is a better fighter then Supes was when he beat Zod.

Akuma, mostly because of his dark powers. Heihachi would eventually go down, but it would be brutal.

Shao Khan. Shredder would probably out skill him, but Khan has WAY more power and strength.

Ganondorf, easy. Sephiroth's magic is artificial, and garbage compared to the magical force Ganondorf possesses, esspecialy with the Triforce of Power. Plus, Ganondorf can teleport at will.

Yeah I feel like Vegeta would win but it would still be interesting to see.

Galactus. Yeah, Galactus is THAT powerful. Galactus can beat 85% of all the Superman versions.

Vegeta VS General Zod

It's the same with Goku VS Superman. Only that Vegeta is much more ruthless and Zod doesn't have the same skill and power in comparison to Superman.

Batman VS Kraven

Kraven stomps. Bats is not at the league of someone like Kraven. Especially since Kraven has fought mightier beasts without any kind of weapon or help.

Shao Kahn VS Shredder

Shao Kahn with ridiculous ease. Shredder is barely strong or skilled enough to match Kahn.

Atom Ant VS Mighty Mouse

Ant < Mouse

Saluk VS Shan Yu

Shan Yu easily. Saluk is not even half as savage or strong as Shan Yu. 

Sephiroth VS Ganondorf

Since Ganondorf cannot be killed by anything that is not Link's sword, Sephiroth is screwed.

Lizard easily. Croc is barely strong and he's incredibly stupid. Lizard is very intelligent and can keep up with Spidey. If Lizard wanted, he could annihilate the entire rogue gallery of Batman. Now... If you refer to The Batman's Killer Croc, who's a very skilled and very strong mutant soldier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ATKU3cHLw

Batman: "Tens of thousands of lifes would be lost..."

Killer Croc: "And I'll shed a crocodile tear for each and every one..."

Then Lizard stomps aswell, but not as easy, since this Croc there can punch through solid brick like nothing.

Raven VS Scarlet Witch

I can't say... It could go either way.

Huh... Thanos, obviously.

@Pre-Crisis Superman VS Galactus

Huh? I thought Pre-Crisis Superman was the strongest Superman.

@Thanos VS Tryco Slatterus

But what if both of them were at full power? With if Tryco had the Power Gem while Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet?

EDIT: Nevermind haven't read the comics so I don't know much. Just found out that the Power Gem is part of the Infinity Gauntlet lol.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

1. Huh I see.

2. Not entirely.

3. Lol what? Have you even PLAYED any Fire Emblem games? Ike killed a freaking GODDESS...He would crush Link...As for Marth VS Link Well Marth's swordsmanship skills are superior to Link's. However Link DOES have more resources than Marth. Like the shield and bombs etc.

4. Hmmm I dunno.

But what if both of them were at full power? With if Tryco had the Power Gem while Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet?

EDIT: Nevermind haven't read the comics so I don't know much. Just found out that the Power Gem is part of the Infinity Gauntlet lol.

Thought Robot Superman is the strongest Supes. He's able to easily lift with his palm an entire dimension and fit it on his finger

Silver Age(Pre-Crisis) also comes to mind, because he wiped a couple of Solar Systems with a sneeze.

Superman One-Million, the golden Supes who spent 10,000 years inside the Sun. He's virtually indestructible at a molecular level.

Superman Prime... Is... er... Featless.

1. Huh I see.

2. Not entirely.

4. Hmmm I dunno.

Ike had plot armor to aid him (all of the characters you've gathered, regardless of level survived Ashera turning everyone to stone) and he was part of a badass group of warriors (that include laguz nobles who can easily wreck large groups on their own) and he had Micaeah, vessel for Yune another goddess to buff him so he could kill Ashera. Link is usually no stranger to killing such powerful entities (heck he killed majora who was going to continent bust Termina with the moon) and he usually does it on his own. The reason why Link stomps Marth are because of one tactic I know of out of many he could pull against him.

Drinks Chateau Romani's milk from majora's mask, gains around 3 days worth of infinite magic - uses magic cape from Link to the past, which makes him invisible and negates all damage. At that point how is Marth going to beat Link who is invisible, can laugh off his attacks and can spam his magic abilities with reckless abandon.

Sure Ganondorf can only be killed by evil killing weapons, but Sephiroth is so much faster than him that frankly Ganon cannot hope to hit him while Sephy can just easily avoid his attacks and summon whatever crap he has (Like that meteorite or so) to flatten Ganon.

Vegeta VS General Zod

Prince Marth VS Link

Akuma VS Heihachi

And for new ideas;

Atom Ant VS Mighty Mouse

Saluk VS Shan-yu

Sephiroth VS Ganondorf

Raven VS Scarlet Witch

Suppose I might as well throw in.

Galactus V Superman ends when Galactus rips all of the solar energy out of Superman's body, or casually blasts him with enough energy to vaporize a galaxy. Or takes out the Ultimate Nullifier and erases him from existence.

General Zod from Man of Steel gets crushed. General Zod from the comics is on par with all of Superman's craziness. Vegeta dies.

You have to specify which link, there's a lot of versions.

Batman wins this. Kraven has no way to deal with Batman's excessive weapons, like smoke pellets, incendiaries, freeze capsules, sound guns, etc. Kraven doesn't outclass Batman enough in stats to make up for it.

Moving down...

Sephiroth's a relativistic planet buster, while Link with the complete Triforce is much slower and barely reaches that destructive capacity. Ganon dies

Lizard is faster and stronger here, he takes the win.

The scarlet witch at her strongest is multiversal, almost omniversal. Raven doesn't have a chance.

Thanos with IG takes a win here. Since Tryco's been damaged by She-Hulk and Thing, even without the IG, Thanos should still win.

Thought Robot Superman is the strongest Supes. He's able to easily lift with his palm an entire dimension and fit it on his finger

Cosmic Armor supes held the DC multiverse in one hand...

>Sphiroth a planet buster

My sides have left this planet.

Sephiroth is as much a planet buster, as a white mage. Seriously, the only character to even come close to being a planet buster, was Kefka, and that was after he absorbed all magic on the planet.

>Sphiroth a planet buster

My sides have left this planet.

Sephiroth is as much a planet buster, as a white mage. Seriously, the only character to even come close to being a planet buster, was Kefka, and that was after he absorbed all magic on the planet.

Which version are we talking here?

Which version are we talking here?

There's only three canon versions, and the Crisis Core one is pretty BS, considering he wasn't even close to that powerful then Cloud killed him in Nibilhiem. The AC one isn't even close either, as best he just moves fast, even though that was a total load of bull, just because Cloud and Sephiroth have wanking fanboys.

There's only three canon versions, and the Crisis Core one is pretty BS, considering he wasn't even close to that powerful then Cloud killed him in Nibilhiem. The AC one isn't even close either, as best he just moves fast, even though that was a total load of bull, just because Cloud and Sephiroth have wanking fanboys.

You forgot the Kingdom Hearts version, who's around or a little under Sora's level.

If KH is canon, then Cloud is a panzie ass.

No one really specified, so i'm running with composite Sephy here. If we're talking the FF version, that's a different story, although Link's probably still going to get mindscrewed before he can move.

KH Cloud sucked and was alot weaker. He shouldn't count any more than Powers and Abilities given to characters in Super Smash Bros should.

Also Pre-Crisis Superman only sneezed away Galaxies because of Myx's Dust. LOTS of Myx's Dust. Superman also did not lift 200 Quintillion Tons by his own natural power. It was only because his body was unstable from prolonged exposure to red sunlight. And Superman did not move the earth and moon by his own power. He had to have help from Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

Wiz and Boomstick missed alot of important info like those things.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

KH Cloud sucked and was alot weaker. He shouldn't count any more than Powers and Abilities given to characters in Super Smash Bros should.

Also Pre-Crisis Superman only sneezed away Galaxies because of Myx's Dust. LOTS of Myx's Dust. Superman also did not lift 200 Quintillion Tons by his own natural power. It was only because his body was unstable from prolonged exposure to red sunlight. And Superman did not move the earth and moon by his own power. He had to have help from Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter.

Wiz and Boomstick missed alot of important info like those things.

Strongest Superman held 52 universes in one hand.

Second strongest is Superman Prime. He's immune to Kryptonite, red radiation, and magic. He has a green lantern ring and the powers of a 5th dimensional imp(So Mr. Myx and Batmite). He also recreated the universe in his image, including reviving Lois Lane, who'd been dead for thousands of years. He's also omniscient, supposedly omnipresent as well.

3rd Strongest is Superboy- Prime, who retconned the DC universe when he punched reality itself. He escaped from being sealed in the speed force,  where he was locked in a cage bathed in red sunlight, He carts anti-monitor armor, and is capable of hurting Mr Mxy. He survived the explosion of Earth-51's universe, and his future self was the sole survivor of the end of creation.

Third strongest is Pre-crisis, who flew faster than any measurable unit of speed. It got to the point where TOAA had to send Spectre to stop him because he was unraveling all of creation. And then there's the Sword of Superman, which he carried on him. He doesn't even need Myx's dust, because the sword itself makes him omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.

Edited by Shimmer5000

No one really specified, so i'm running with composite Sephy here. If we're talking the FF version, that's a different story, although Link's probably still going to get mindscrewed before he can move.

That's the thing. FF canon, Cloud is a pretty good fighter (not good enough for the magic power of Link with the Triforce and shit...probably why they nerfed him quite a bit in that fight, as I pointed out), and you have TWO Sephiroths: One with not alot of magic power but alot of fighting skill, which was killed by Cloud before he blacked out and was mako infused; and Clone Sephiroth, which was magically powerful but only world threatening with the black materia.

The KH canon, Cloud is a panzie ass that Mario would probably beat the crap out of, and Sephiroth is nearly godmoding.