Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

• 2 weeks later...

Off topic but KH1 Sephiroth is really no big deal if you're at high enough a level and have the right strategy.

Specifically in the game, Sephiroth is not that big of a challenge. He isn't one of the hardest bosses.

Outside the FF Universe, he gets stomped by millions of people from the Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Image and DBZ verses.

I also propose a new DB.

Mort, from the famous spanish comic book known as Mort and Phil (original title: Mortadelo y Filemón)

Versus...

Odin and Thor from Marvel Comics

I feel like everyone here knows who Odin and Thor are, so let me present you to Mort, one of my childhood icons.

Strengths:

-High level of Toonforce, he's able to resurrect as much as he likes and whenever he wants.

-Can transform (or dress up more specifically) into ANYTHING.

-Very intelligent, capable of making plans that solve many problems and missions instantly.

-Insane durability. He's able to survive from gunshots to nuclear explosions to planetary explosion, etc.

-His spanish name is a deformation of "Mortadella"....... Bad-ass.

Weaknesses:

-He tends to screw up things many, MANY times.

-He sometimes can be a bit too naive.

-He's bald.

Feats:

-Once turned himself into the Universe and played God just to torture his boss for making him go to a hard mission that at the end didn't even matter.

-Along his companion-boss Phil he exterminated all their rogues gallery that came for revenge without even trying (most of the dumb enemies killed theirselves in the most hilarious ways possible).

-He's the only bald nerd with glasses who still can go out with ladies.

-He's the one who survives with no injuries in most adventures.

-He gave Superman a fight, but still lost.(Don't take this one seriously, but then again, this character is never serious.)

So, can the two Asgardian warriors stop the Universal Reality-Warper?

Specifically in the game, Sephiroth is not that big of a challenge. He isn't one of the hardest bosses.

Wait, what are you talking about? :blink:  Sephiroth is by far the toughest boss in KH1...Compared to him none of the other bosses in that game are even remotely hard. Besides him the only other bosses that pose a challenge are just Kurt Zisa and The Clock Tower Phantom.

But anyway thanks for reviving this. :)

Now I get to share my new ideas:

Superman VS Hyperion

The Flash VS Quicksilver

Doctor Strange VS Doctor Druid

Chameleon VS Mystique

Dr. Drakken VS Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Nightmare Moon VS Queen Chrysalis

Kenshin Himura VS Afro Samurai

Wait, what are you talking about? :blink:  Sephiroth is by far the toughest boss in KH1...Compared to him none of the other bosses in that game are even remotely hard. Besides him the only other bosses that pose a challenge are just Kurt Zisa and The Clock Tower Phantom.

Superman VS Hyperion

The Flash VS Quicksilver

Chameleon VS Mystique

Superman. They're essentially the same character, but Superman has better feats

No. Quicksilver is, at best, in the multiples of speed of sound. Every Flash is several thousands to millions of times the speed of light. They can also steal speed from characters and time travel. Wally West hits hard enough to hurt Superman level characters. Barry Allens attacks were strong enough to damage the anti-monitor. Quicksilver dies before the match starts.

Not sure, but strongest version of Strange is easily universal. Druid better be something

Mystique is a superhuman, and panhandles normal people easily. Chameleon is essentially a man with different faces, not one of Spiderman's normally amped up villains. Changing faces isn't really useful in a one on one; he gets murdered.

No clue here

I assume you mean boosted Chrysalis. It's a draw; the only thing we know about them is that they were both able to panhandle Celestia easily.

No clue here

• Brohoof 1

Superman VS Hyperion

The Flash VS Quicksilver

Chameleon VS Mystique

Superman VS Hyperion

Both are basically the same, but Superman has done much more impressive things.

Flash VS Quicksilver

Flash. Easily.

Dr.Strange VS Dr. Druid

Classic Strange stomps. Modern Strange, I don't think he does.

Chameleon VS Mystique

Mystique kicks much more ass than Chameleon does.

Dr.Drakken VS Dr.Doofenshmirtz

in an actual fight? Drakken easily. In a machine fight? I dunno. Doof has created lots of impressive machines.

NM overpowered Celestia much easier than Chrysalis did. She wins.

I don't know neither of the last ones.

• Brohoof 1

Superman VS Hyperion

Both are basically the same, but Superman has done much more impressive things.

Flash VS Quicksilver

Flash. Easily.

Dr.Strange VS Dr. Druid

Classic Strange stomps. Modern Strange, I don't think he does.

Chameleon VS Mystique

Mystique kicks much more ass than Chameleon does.

Dr.Drakken VS Dr.Doofenshmirtz

in an actual fight? Drakken easily. In a machine fight? I dunno. Doof has created lots of impressive machines.

NM overpowered Celestia much easier than Chrysalis did. She wins.

I don't know neither of the last ones.

@Superman VS Hyperion: Actually I looked at Hyperion's stats and apparently he's not even as strong as the Hulk or the Thing.

@Dr. Drakken VS Dr.Doofenshmirtz: It would probably be sorta like Dr.Eggman VS Dr. Wily

@Nightmare Moon VS Queen Chrysalis: Really? But when Celestia fought Nightmare Moon she actually won. But when she fought Queen Chrysalis she lost.

EDIT:

Kenshin Himura is from an anime called Rurouni Kenshin, One of the greatest animes of all time. You should totally try it. It rocks.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

@Superman VS Hyperion: Actually I looked at Hyperion's stats and apparently he's not even as strong as the Hulk or the Thing.

@Dr. Drakken VS Dr.Doofenshmirtz: It would probably be sorta like Dr.Eggman VS Dr. Wily

@Nightmare Moon VS Queen Chrysalis: Really? But when Celestia fought Nightmare Moon she actually won. But when she fought Queen Chrysalis she lost.

EDIT:

Kenshin Himura is from an anime called Rurouni Kenshin, One of the greatest animes of all time. You should totally try it. It rocks.

Celestia used the elements of harmony to beat NMM, though to be fair to Celestia, if Chrysalis didn't recieved aid from Shining Armor's love, she definitly would've won.

Rurouni kenshin is awesome and should be recommended among anime lists to watch. As for the fight itself I'm not sure.

*Spoilers*

So what do you think from the latest death battle? I thought they severly downplayed Empyeon's speed since he can fight in space no problem, which requires him to be double digit mach speed to fight at least, but I'm happy they picked the correct winner.

A series of MLP battles, designed to be as fair (as possible):
Rainbow Dash vs Avatar Aang
Applejack vs Colossus

Pinkie Pie vs Cyclops(Marvel)

Twilight Sparkle vs Elsa

Fluttershy vs Maleificent(Disney Animated movie)

Applejack vs Colossus

Twilight Sparkle vs Elsa

RD VS Aang

I'm not a very big fan of Avatar, but from what I've seen, Aang destroys her.

AJ VS Colossus

Big stomp on Colossus favor.

PP VS Cyclops

Pinkie gets wrecked.

Twi VS Elsa

Twi. Elsa only has ice attacks that she can't even control.

Flutters VS Maleficent

Biggest stomp in the list. Maleficent would annihilate Discord, and Fluttershy's stare isn't going to do anything.

Applejack vs Colossus

Twilight Sparkle vs Elsa

Lol what? No offense but are you seriously not trolling?

RD VS Aang

I'm not a very big fan of Avatar, but from what I've seen, Aang destroys her.

AJ VS Colossus

Big stomp on Colossus favor.

PP VS Cyclops

Pinkie gets wrecked.

Twi VS Elsa

Twi. Elsa only has ice attacks that she can't even control.

Flutters VS Maleficent

Biggest stomp in the list. Maleficent would annihilate Discord, and Fluttershy's stare isn't going to do anything.

Not so much. Aang's a little stronger, Dash is a little faster. It's more luck based in that regard

There in the same speed category, but AJ has better reactions. They're roughly equal in strength, but Colossus may have the strength advantage here (it's hard to pin his destructive potential down)

Again, really close. Cyclops is going to really have to work to hit Pinkie, and if she gets in close, he's utterly dead. However, it's going to be hard for her to close in with his reactions, even though she outspeeds him by a large margin.

She's controlling them for this match, to make it fair. Though she'd get one-shotted if Twilight hits her, she could easily make ice armor that would allow her to take hits. Blizzards restrict eyesight and movement, so Twilight would have to work really hard to find her. She has to hurry, though; with enough time, Elsa could actually drop her, or make a ridiculous amount of ice golems to take an advantage.

Pretty much the same as Colossus vs AJ, Maleficent may have a slight strength advantage, but not overwhelmingly so. If fluttershy is trying, she should have a good speed advantage(Though Malefiecent's teleporting is faster), so this match could go either way.

Lol what? No offense but are you seriously not trolling?

Well, that's rude. Considering MLP stats are so lopsided, it took me a long time to find somebody who could fight them without stomping or getting stomped. Twilight Sparkle took almost forever, finding someone who could deal with her assorted hax without going through her mind or soul like a chainsaw through a rusty can was almost impossible.

I'm assuming you think team MLP gets destroyed here, in which case I'd like to borrow a statement from a SpaceBattles member (though I don't actually have an account there):

In a word, no, I'm not trolling; i'm one of the few people that actually takes MLP seriously in a competitive light. 90% of the battle threads on here or other places, at least, seem to either indicate ponies fold up and die from paper cuts and casually thrown rocks, or that they're omnipotent, both of which are utterly stupid. Lack of research... it's the number one killer of good threads.

But no, these characters are all at or around each others level when you stop to compare them. Heck, everyone on the other side of the vs is approximately around each others level: Aang would be a pretty good match-up for Maleficent, and so would Elsa minus her deplorable speed.

To be honest, I actually removed a lot of potential candidates from my list in order to avoid shitstorms. Basically, I axed Shonen everything because MLP threads tend to die before discussion when you put the two in a fight. I even removed anything that looks big and powerful, for much the same reasons. I'm not even going to mention some the battles that first came to mind.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmm how bout:

Batman VS Moon Knight
Wonder Woman VS She-Hulk
Thor VS Shazam/Captain Marvel
Black Lightning VS Static Shock
Elsa VS The Ice King
M. Bison VS Heihachi
Perfect Cell VS Hatchiyack

@, I did not mean to sound rude I am sorry.

@, I did not mean to sound rude I am sorry.

It's good. In all honesty, I really can't blame you, when someone first put up the calcs on Narutoforums, I was pretty much in the same boat as you. A lot of people tend to judge characters according to the verse they're in, which means shows that are considered "cutesy" are naturally going to fall behind shows with a lot of action, even if they're technically stronger. Kirby, for instance, is above every character in DBZ outside of Beerus and Whiss, but tell that to most people, and they'd laugh at you. It's just a gut reaction. If you have a way to prove it, though, there's really no reason you should dismiss it

Anyways, relevant stats, since I seem to have forgot them:

Dash(small island level/hypersonic) vs Aang(Island level/ hypersonic in Avatar state)

AJ(small island level destructive capacity/ Superhuman speed) vs Colossus(Mountain level destructive capacity, maybe island level/ superhuman speed)

Pinkie Pie(small island level DC/ hypersonic speed) vs Cyclops(Mountain level DC/superhuman speed with hypersonic reactions[possibly faster than light, but that may have been an outlier])

Twilight Sparkle(small island level DC/superhuman speed) vs Elsa (island level DC/ superhuman speed, with superhuman reactions

Fluttershy vs Maleficent (small island level DC/ superhuman[potentially hypersonic] speed vs Maleficent (island level DC/ superhuman speed with hypersonic reactions)

Anyways, to answer your question

Hmmmm how bout:

Batman VS Moon Knight

Wonder Woman VS She-Hulk

Elsa VS The Ice King

M. Bison VS Heihachi

Batman's done some stuff in New 52 that's way over the top. At one point, he jumped through a rocket launcher shell and was unharmed. He's also outran heavy explosives several times. Moon Knight's impressive, but he loses here.

Wonder Woman is strong enough to hurt Superman, and fast enough to keep up with him. No chance for She-hulk

Thor dominates here. He's already technically a little above Superman characters, anyways, while Captain Marvel only edges out on Superman because of magic

There's no reason Static shock can't just give the man a seizure by manipulating electromagnetic pulses in his brain(May be a bit of a stretch). Still, Static has more control over electricity than Black Lightning( down to the molecular level), so he should win regardless.

Ice King froze the planet in an alternate timeline. He also has access to mind control and telekinesis to give him the edge here

though M.Bison should have the edge in stats, I can't really say here

Cell. Hatchiyak is around Broly, who's lower than Cell

Hmmmm how bout:

Batman VS Moon Knight

Wonder Woman VS She-Hulk

Elsa VS The Ice King

M. Bison VS Heihachi

Batman VS Moon Knight

I love Moon Knight, but he loses here. Batman shouldn't win, honestly.

Wonder Woman VS She-Hulk

She-Hulk is barely at the level of Hulk, and Hulk gets stomped badly by Superman who's been damaged by WW in multiple occasions. You make the math.

Thor VS Shazam

Thor. Mjölnir smashes puny Superman rip-off.

Elsa VS The Ice King

This one is somehow the most difficult... Because both have very dangerous attacks but both are just weaklings. I guess Ice King, since he's the bad guy here.

Cell FTW. Hatchiyack was said to be stronger than Broly, and Cell was already stronger than that without even trying. He wasn't at full power and he was already more powerful than all the Z-Fighters. Hatchiyack loses, unless he uses his Giant or Super forms, then he might have a chance of defeating him.

But Cell wins the majority of times.

My new ideas:

Batgirl VS Kim Possible

Batman VS Black Panther

Darksied VS Thanos

Marceline VS Ember (from Danny Phantom)

Freddy Kruger VS Darkrai

Kim Possible, easily. She trades shots with Shego, who crushes stone like nothing. She also has the edge in agility and speed

Again, Batman has dine crazy stuff like leap through rocket launchers, dodging bullets and outrunning explosions. Black Panther loses

Depends on Darkseid, depends on Thanos. Darkseid crushes every version except the strongest, who is still wrecked by strongest Darkseid

No clue

Darkrai utterly blitzes. Dark Pulse wrecks; he doesn't even need to access dreams

It sure sucks that Darker got banned...

Anyway regarding Goku VS Superman now that I know more about Superman it would really depend on what version of Superman we were using. Goku stomps any of the earlier versions of Superman like any of the ones from any of the cartoons the animated series or movies. Hell, I bet even Saiyan Saga Goku, Raditz, Krillin, Tien or even freaking YAMCHA could beat the earlier versions of Superman like those...But if we're talking about any of the later versions of Superman from the comics like Pre-Crisis or the any of ones who sneezed away galaxies and/or pushed planets and universes etc. then yeah Goku is pretty much fucked...

However the version of Superman that they apparently used in that video seemed to be the one from either Superman Returns or Man of Steel iirc. Goku would effortlessly stomp that Superman.

It sure sucks that Darker got banned...

Anyway regarding Goku VS Superman now that I know more about Superman it would really depend on what version of Superman we were using. Goku stomps any of the earlier versions of Superman like any of the ones from any of the cartoons the animated series or movies. Hell, I bet even Saiyan Saga Goku, Raditz, Krillin, Tien or even freaking YAMCHA could beat the earlier versions of Superman like those...But if we're talking about any of the later versions of Superman from the comics like Pre-Crisis or the any of ones who sneezed away galaxies and/or pushed planets and universes etc. then yeah Goku is pretty much fucked...

However the version of Superman that they apparently used in that video seemed to be the one from either Superman Returns or Man of Steel iirc. Goku would effortlessly stomp that Superman.

Better, but the one they're using is the post crises Superman aka the one that DC comics depowered just so they can move on from oped Pre-Crises Superman days, but he's still powerful as hell and can beat Goku as his stats and feats are many times better than Goku's.

Better, but the one they're using is the post crises Superman aka the one that DC comics depowered just so they can move on from oped Pre-Crises Superman days, but he's still powerful as hell and can beat Goku as his stats and feats are many times better than Goku's.

I seriously don't think Whiz and Boomstick realize just how powerful Goku really is though. They should use Super Saiyan God Goku in place of Super Saiyan 4 Goku.

• Brohoof 1

I seriously don't think Whiz and Boomstick realize just how powerful Goku really is though. They should use Super Saiyan God Goku in place of Super Saiyan 4 Goku.

The Deathbattle's research for both of them took place several months before Battle of the Gods was announced so that is the problem for that.

Edited by Nuke87654

I just found a blog that will finally settle this argument:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/goku-vs-superman-why-goku-would-win

This... doesn't really solve anything. He used hyperboles and creative license to judge Goku, but did nothing but downplay Superman. On the same blog, in the same section, he claims that Superman can be tank moon level attacks, but still be hurt by city busters. He also uses Akira Toriyama's name to justify cell's Solar System busting, but then states that Toriyama's "wrong" because accepting it would mean Goku died to a planet buster.

Taking high end feats for your character, and low ends for your opponents... what an utterly cheap way of debating. Also seems familiar...

Edited by Shimmer5000
  • Brohoof 1

This... doesn't really solve anything. He used hyperboles and creative license to judge Goku, but did nothing but downplay Superman. On the same blog, in the same section, he claims that Superman can be tank moon level attacks, but still be hurt by city busters. He also uses Akira Toriyama's name to justify cell's Solar System busting, but then states that Toriyama's "wrong" because accepting it would mean Goku died to a planet buster.

Taking high end feats for your character, and low ends for your opponents... what an utterly cheap way of debating. Also seems familiar...

Remind of you that 'Deathbattle erred on Goku vs. Superman? The one even Kazenshuu, one of the largest DBZ fansites that actually chats with Akira Toryiama and other important figures in Dragon Ball states that his blog was incorrect and tried to argue with them about it?

Remind of you that 'Deathbattle erred on Goku vs. Superman? The one even Kazenshuu, one of the largest DBZ fansites that actually chats with Akira Toryiama and other important figures in Dragon Ball states that his blog was incorrect and tried to argue with them about it?

Yeah, I thought so.

Death battle blogs in general are just terrible. No seems to have much of a grasp on how to properly scale their characters.. Of course, there's more problems than that... 

http://www.screwattack.com/news/death-battle-request-aang-vs-twlight-sparkle-why-it-should-happen

Like everything here, starting with the fact that he thinks boosted Twilight is actually fighting under her own power.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I thought so.

Death battle blogs in general are just terrible. No seems to have much of a grasp on how to properly scale their characters.. Of course, there's more problems than that... 

http://www.screwattack.com/news/death-battle-request-aang-vs-twlight-sparkle-why-it-should-happen

Like everything here, starting with the fact that he thinks boosted Twilight is actually fighting under her own power.

Not only was it pretty basic with a few actual feats of their abilities there and he doesn't include everything they can do, but he doesn't mention that Twilight needs the aid of three other Alicorns transferring their magic onto her. Unless we're specifically using that version of her in a fight, she's not going to get the boosted Alicorn powers in her normal Alicorn form as that would require third party aid. 

Personally about that mu, I feel Twilight can probably beat Aang due to her more powerful hax spells.

Edited by Nuke87654