Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Epic emoji battle!

Ice Princess Silky

Emoji vote! Halp!   

33 users have voted

1. 1. Which Sunny ?

• Rainbow hair Sunny
    • No hair Sunny

Alright, lovelies. As you know, the introduction of the brand new G5 emojis thanks to our friend @CloudMistDragon has been quite a topic. And there are SO many expressions and emojis to choose from.

Sadly, we can't have them all so we're doing a bit of a clean up in order to ensure we've got the best ones that strike our fancy. With that said, we kinda need your help. 

Between this Sunny emoji image.png and this Sunny emoji image.png

Which one would you choose? Hey hey hey, I hear that laughing in the background. :okiedokieloki: This is serious business! 
:laugh:

@Samurai Equine wants to know.
Feel free to vote, express your opinions below or give thanks to the lovely Samurai <3 /) 

We'll most likely be having more votes like these as well as votes for reactions that match the seasons! Stay tuned <3 

Please your votes and feel free to express which ones you feel should be cleaned up or in a vote <3 

• Brohoof 3

20 minutes ago, Trot Shuffle said:

For  comedy reasons, bald but hair one makes sense

so, I think bald :toldya: Can't convince me otherwise :coolandhip:

hahahah I knew you guys would never let me live that one down 

25 minutes ago, Kramathia said:

image.png this one looks like a potato ... or bald starfire either way if the other one exist ill keep this!

hahahahaah

@Samurai Equine there ya go.

@Trot Shuffle I hope you know you won't be living this one down... :toldya: <3 

Trotshuffle: votes against this specific emoji because - reason
Trotshuffle, votes for that specific emoji just to be cheeky..

This is our Trot Shuffle, everypony <3 <3 <3 /)

Spoiler

image.png

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Nitobit said:

Consider something like this image.png.2a09f35fac0f6bce5cf1ba978e122147.png.7b28c9fea1927692e9476355b2a8bf39.png

I think we had something like this, already. But Samurai has a unique touch to his. Either way, I love how the expression matches our struggle with these :Pip-giggle:

• Brohoof 2

47 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

I hope you know you won't be living this one down... :toldya: <3 

Trotshuffle: votes against this specific emoji because - reason
Trotshuffle, votes for that specific emoji just to be cheeky..

That's right! I can make grown up decisions. I just decided to not do that here :Pip-giggle: :oh_golly:

• Brohoof 2

To make it all work well with G4 emojis - have a consistent design - I'd vote for no-hair emojis. :darling: Preferably they also should be round (1:1 aspect ratio). The ones in OP indeed look like sprouting sweet potato and sweet potato, respectively. :P And some inserted into emoji list look like eggs. :eager: Hey ~ we have a good start for making a some sort of sweet potato cake. :toldya:

• Brohoof 4

21 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

To make it all work well with G4 emojis - have a consistent design - I'd vote for no-hair emojis. :darling: Preferably they also should be round (1:1 aspect ratio). The ones in OP indeed look like sprouting sweet potato and sweet potato, respectively. :P And some inserted into emoji list look like eggs. :eager: Hey ~ we have a good start for making a some sort of sweet potato cake. :toldya:

So, basically, a vote for the sweet potato head. :Pip-giggle:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Nitobit said:

Consider something like this image.png.2a09f35fac0f6bce5cf1ba978e122147.png.7b28c9fea1927692e9476355b2a8bf39.png

This one is my favorite, it goes well with the G4 emojis. But out of the ones in the poll, I prefer the one with hair, as the other one emphasizes the weird head shape.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Where's the "keep Sunny's hair + add manes to all existing emoji" option? :) That's what I'd love, given how iconic manes are as part of ponies' designs.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the founder of this wonderful community here. :adorkable: The emojis are fairly small, putting a lot of detail in them would make them less recognizable – unless their display size was increased, of course. I think some of the non-round emojis already suffer from this (at least on desktop, I have no idea how it looks on mobile): :hug_day::oneheckofahat: The first one is barely recognizable as Lyra and Bon Bon hugging, the second one is better but less clear than it used to be.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 6

1 hour ago, Tacodidra said:

This one is my favorite, it goes well with the G4 emojis. But out of the ones in the poll, I prefer the one with hair, as the other one emphasizes the weird head shape.

I do agree I like the circular ones to sort've blend in with the rest. But it seems there's some wiggling, shifting and changes and we're kinda leaving it o the vibe of the community to see what do you guys prefer and what overall looks improved. It's a new era, afterall, so we're open to some possibilities. 

• Brohoof 2

Everyone vote for the one with hair please. The other one looks so cursed. If that shows up, I think I'm going to have nightmares about bald Sunny for weeks. :sealed:

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Cash In said:

Everyone vote for the one with hair please. The other one looks so cursed. If that shows up, I think I'm going to have nightmares about bald Sunny for weeks. :sealed:

I tried to read this one out loud to my friends on call but my voice kept breaking with laughter and now my sides hurt........ XD

17 hours ago, Cash In said:

You don't like potatoes? :nom: