Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming DEATH BATTLE

Adorkable

(edited)

If they're doing the Kanto starters, then as much as I wish Venusaur would win, Blastoise can win easy. He can learn both weaknesses for both Charizard and Venusaur. They really should pick like Johoto or Hoenn starters for something more fair.

I don't think so.  If anything, I believe that it will come down to Charizard or Venusaur.  To me, Blastoise has so much stacked against him as both Charizard and Venusaur are likely to gun for it.  As for Blastoise being able to cover both weaknesses, Blastoise can only learn Haze and Mist naturally through breeding.  Moves like Blizzard and Ice Beam would have to be learned through TM.  In which case, Charizard can cover both Grass and Water with Fire moves, Flying moves, and Solar Beam.  I have a feeling that they will put more emphasis on lore and Pokedex entries and less on matchups although they still will be there.  I mean, it makes sense that Fire just annihilates Grass.

My only gripe about the Cloud and Link one is that they used default Cloud (Buster Sword only with 2 materia) while Link had all his gear.

Sir, I must ask you use the spoiler system as to not spoil those new to Death Battle. :)  I should know, I was caught.  :blush:

Oh please, don't be one of those guys.  They based their weapons arsenal off of Dissidia/Smash Bros as to make the battle more simple since they have a huge arsenal.  Master Sword, Bow, Boomerang, Bombs, and Clawshot for Link.  Buster Sword for Cloud and that's it.  Blame Dissidia for that one.  The only other weapon he would have instead is the Main blade of his Fusion Sword which wouldn't help Cloud all that much as it shows to have no slots for Materia on the actual Fusion swords.  It's also not like Link was given premium gear either like the Bunny Hood or the Golden Master Sword.  They then took weapon attributes, skills, and best armor from their respective universes.

I'm sorry, I get really heated about this as plenty of Cloud fans keep trying to come up with something on why Cloud should've won like the Omnislash v5 being "faster than an eyeblink" or how Cloud would have used Bad Breath...  It hurts my brain. xD

Edited by Alex Night

The main reason why they did Goku vs Superman is because it got requested by EVERYONE, ALL THE TIME.

The next fight should be very interesting, though I have to say I'd lean toward Charizard if I had to predict who will win. Death Battle seems to put a lot of emphasis on speed and mobility, and Charizard being able to fly might give him a big advantage in their analysis. Venusaur doesn't seem to have much of a chance. Big, slow, and nothing special in terms of power. He's powerful, certainly, but probably nothing that Blastoise and Charizard can't match.

Oh, and anyone complaining about Goku-Superman or the most recent battle?

Those have nothing on Ivy-Orchid. Ivy got ROBBED. She should have won that fight in seconds, but somehow a character who wields powerful magic, is fast enough to kick a bullet out of mid-air, and wields a sword-whip that can tunnel through the ground got beat by... a character fighting with a pair of sticks.

The worst part was the explanation. Say what you will about any of the other fights, at least there was some sort of understandable rationale behind their other decisions. For this one they just basically said "Orchid beat Eyedol" and called it a day, even though the power-scaling doesn't work because Eyedol was massively de-powered when Orchid fought him. They assert that Orchid is a better close-range fighter, but use NO actual evidence or feats to back it up. They reached the conclusion they wanted based on an assumption, in defiance of all of the actual evidence going the other way.

I love this show. I bucking hate that episode. Next to Zelda vs. Peach, it's easily one of their worst.

My favorite episodes:

1. Ryu Hayabusa vs. Strider Hiryu

2. Starscream vs. Rainbow Dash

3. Goku vs. Superman

4. Vegeta vs. Shadow

5. He-Man vs. Lion-O

Poor Lion-O... he fought valiantly, but he NEVER stood a chance...

I don't think so.  If anything, I believe that it will come down to Charizard or Venusaur.  To me, Blastoise has so much stacked against him as both Charizard and Venusaur are likely to gun for it.  As for Blastoise being able to cover both weaknesses, Blastoise can only learn Haze and Mist naturally through breeding.  Moves like Blizzard and Ice Beam would have to be learned through TM.  In which case, Charizard can cover both Grass and Water with Fire moves, Flying moves, and Solar Beam.  I have a feeling that they will put more emphasis on lore and Pokedex entries and less on matchups although they still will be there.  I mean, it makes sense that Fire just annihilates Grass.

They will probably let TMs useable, otherwise Venusaur's moveset will suck hard. Plus, Blastoise has the highest base def and spec. def, so fire moves arn't likely to do much to him (unless it was Blaziken). Even with the flying moves, Charizard is very unlikely to take down Blastoise at all. Venusaur's best attack against Blastoise is Solarbeam, since they nerfed the crap out of Razor Leaf. The only way I can see Venusaur winning, is if he toxiced both Charizard and Blastoise, and blasted them with Venoshock. 

I still think Johto would be alot more even, concidering how messed up some of the TM learnings that Typhlosion, Feraligatr, and Meganium can learn.

(edited)

The main reason why they did Goku vs Superman is because it got requested by EVERYONE, ALL THE TIME.

The next fight should be very interesting, though I have to say I'd lean toward Charizard if I had to predict who will win. Death Battle seems to put a lot of emphasis on speed and mobility, and Charizard being able to fly might give him a big advantage in their analysis. Venusaur doesn't seem to have much of a chance. Big, slow, and nothing special in terms of power. He's powerful, certainly, but probably nothing that Blastoise and Charizard can't match.

Oh, and anyone complaining about Goku-Superman or the most recent battle?

Those have nothing on Ivy-Orchid. Ivy got ROBBED. She should have won that fight in seconds, but somehow a character who wields powerful magic, is fast enough to kick a bullet out of mid-air, and wields a sword-whip that can tunnel through the ground got beat by... a character fighting with a pair of sticks.

The worst part was the explanation. Say what you will about any of the other fights, at least there was some sort of understandable rationale behind their other decisions. For this one they just basically said "Orchid beat Eyedol" and called it a day, even though the power-scaling doesn't work because Eyedol was massively de-powered when Orchid fought him. They assert that Orchid is a better close-range fighter, but use NO actual evidence or feats to back it up. They reached the conclusion they wanted based on an assumption, in defiance of all of the actual evidence going the other way.

I love this show. I bucking hate that episode. Next to Zelda vs. Peach, it's easily one of their worst.

I can certainly hope Charizard wins.  The Squirtle Squad would never let me or other Charizard fans live it down. :(

You know, come to think of it...  Ivy really did seem to get robbed.  More so than what people claim Cloud got robbed by Link, which is ridiculous to say considering what Link has beaten.  Chad has been known to be a fan of Killer Instinct. :P  

Honestly though, I'd love to see Ganondorf and Sephiroth fight it out.  Both are Evil Incarnate (Well, only Ganondorf counts because he was reincarnated as evil.), get beaten by blonde underage swordsmen, and never learn to stay dead for long.  Plus, the extent of their powers are unknown for both of them.  Although, given that Cloud lost to Link you can imagine the riot if Sephiroth lost to Ganondorf.  :comeatus:

They will probably let TMs useable, otherwise Venusaur's moveset will suck hard. Plus, Blastoise has the highest base def and spec. def, so fire moves arn't likely to do much to him (unless it was Blaziken). Even with the flying moves, Charizard is very unlikely to take down Blastoise at all. Venusaur's best attack against Blastoise is Solarbeam, since they nerfed the crap out of Razor Leaf. The only way I can see Venusaur winning, is if he toxiced both Charizard and Blastoise, and blasted them with Venoshock. 

Maybe, but Blastoise doesn't have a good atk or sp atk in comparison to Charizard and Venusaur.  Charizard can also use Solar Beam as well as Sunny Day.  Sunny Day alone cripples Blastoise's Water moves while strengthening Charizard's fire moves and doubling Venusaur's speed to where it would rival Charizard.  Not to mention that it could execute Solar Beam in one turn as well as Charizard.  For Blastoise to come up with a win based on these odds would really be as much BS as the Ivy vs Orchid Death Battle.  (For the sake of not spoiling, that's as far as I'll say about that Death Battle.)  Seriously though, Blastoise really does have an uphill battle in a 3 way battle more so than Charizard and Venusaur.

Based on the Pokedex entries, Charizard searches for strong opponents to fight which would be Blastoise in this case.  Depending on how Venusaur proceeds, Blastoise is going to have it very rough where even his def and spec def might not save him.  I feel that this Death Battle will focus more on Pokedex entries and lore and less on actual Pokemon type metagame.  I won't doubt that it will be there of course.  I mean, come on.  It makes sense for Fire to annihilate Grass.

Edited by Alex Night

I can see Blastoise living through a Solar Beam from Charizard (my old Blasttoise in my blue cart took two Hyperbeams from Lance in Statium 2 like a boss and survived both), but one from Venusaur would wreck his shit. And a double speed Venusaur could be bad for both of them, because he has stat moves, and alot of nasty poison attacks (sludge bomb for one). Thinking about it that way, Charizard is really hurting in a 3 way like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just saw the new Pokemon Death Battle and I gotta say that I'm shocked at how it turned out.

So, this Death Battle has all of their moves taken through natural means.  No outside influence through IVs and EVs, no TMs/HMs, no Mega Evolution, and no moves from breeding known as Egg Moves.  That last part making no sense since it still counts as natural means.  Venusaur gets destroyed by Charizard even though the Pokedex entries states that Charizard never turns its flames to opponents weaker than itself and that Venusaur goes about fighting Charizard in the stupidest way possible.  After that, it was pretty much over for Charizard because of Rainy Day being a natural move for Blastoise.  ughhhh, Water Starter fanboys are never going to let anybody hear the end of this...  >_>  

The first time I had ever heard of the MLP reboot and the brony fandom was when I originally saw the RD vs. Starscream episode back in the summer of 2012. If it weren't for that video, I'd likely never have become a fan.

As for some of the other battles, I thought the Shao Kahn vs. M. Bison  and He-Man vs. Lion-O fights were really entertaining. The Blanka vs. Pikachu one was pretty funny.

I think that's what got me into MLP as well. Equestria got it's sonic rainboom which made the mane 6 what they are, and we got RD vs Starscream, which made us into bronies xD

• Brohoof 1

I didn't know the starter one was done, and all I can say is...

I called it. I knew Blastoise had that fight before they did it. While it saddens me that Venusaur was almost shit on by the stats, I kinda saw it comming. I'm sure there's a bunch of butthurt Charizard fans pissed at this lol.

lol Best death battle ever.

Edited by Zhortac

I didn't know the starter one was done, and all I can say is...

I called it. I knew Blastoise had that fight before they did it. While it saddens me that Venusaur was almost shit on by the stats, I kinda saw it comming. I'm sure there's a bunch of butthurt Charizard fans pissed at this lol.

>_>

At least Charizard is fighting on his own in Super Smash Bros. 4.  :comeatus:  

Well, I just saw the new Pokemon Death Battle and I gotta say that I'm shocked at how it turned out.

So, this Death Battle has all of their moves taken through natural means.  No outside influence through IVs and EVs, no TMs/HMs, no Mega Evolution, and no moves from breeding known as Egg Moves.  That last part making no sense since it still counts as natural means.  Venusaur gets destroyed by Charizard even though the Pokedex entries states that Charizard never turns its flames to opponents weaker than itself and that Venusaur goes about fighting Charizard in the stupidest way possible.  After that, it was pretty much over for Charizard because of Rainy Day being a natural move for Blastoise.  ughhhh, Water Starter fanboys are never going to let anybody hear the end of this...  >_>  

I understand being somewhat baffled by how the animation progresses, but that's not always going to make sense. The winner is determined by their research. The animation is simply designed to look as cool as possible. (Whether this one succeeded in that regard, I'll leave up to you.)

They explain in the outro that in all of the possible simulations of the fight,

Blastoise wins the most often.

That data point is the only thing that matters in the end. Had that data point gone to one of the other two, they would have been the winner instead.

I understand being somewhat baffled by how the animation progresses, but that's not always going to make sense. The winner is determined by their research. The animation is simply designed to look as cool as possible. (Whether this one succeeded in that regard, I'll leave up to you.)

They explain in the outro that in all of the possible simulations of the fight,

Blastoise wins the most often.

That data point is the only thing that matters in the end. Had that data point gone to one of the other two, they would have been the winner instead.

Okay, seriously?...

First off, what exactly did they factor in about their personalities?  They somehow got the idea that Venusaur would go right for Charizard and that Charizard would turn off his attack on Blastoise for Venusaur.  It doesn't make sense.  Charizard wouldn't turn his flames on anything weaker than itself.

Okay, seriously?...

First off, what exactly did they factor in about their personalities?  They somehow got the idea that Venusaur would go right for Charizard and that Charizard would turn off his attack on Blastoise for Venusaur.  It doesn't make sense.  Charizard wouldn't turn his flames on anything weaker than itself.

Again, the animation isn't necessarily a representation of how they think the fight would actually go. They design it to look cool and show off what they learned in their research. Sometimes that results in things seeming a bit... off. (See Batman-Spider Man for an INCREDIBLE example of this.)

Venusaur didn't exclusively go after Charizard, he unleashed the Leech Seed and Poison Powder on both of them. At that point, getting rid of Charizard would make sense, because that would give him the typing advantage over the last opponent. As for Charizard... he would HAVE to turn his flames on Venusaur eventually, or the health drain moves would kill him. If a Pokemon is getting drained by Leech Seed/PP, I doubt they would just ignore the one who did it. That wouldn't be the smart move.

Again, the winner was determined by adding up all of the possible simulations. I thought Charizard would win, but after they showed their work their conclusion makes sense to me. And they also acknowledged that there are ways that all 3 could win. They basically admitted that in 52% of the simulations their conclusion is wrong, so you don't necessarily HAVE to accept their version. But they can only do one fight, so they went with the most common winner.

• 4 months later...

The TMNT battle royale and the Pokémon battle royale for me were the most exact ones. You didn't know who would win,  but at the end, it was logical and pretty obvious.

Leo could destroy his brothers and Blastoise is a beast in comparison with the other two.

Future Death Battles that we really need:

Aquaman VS Namor The Submariner
Green Arrow VS Hawkeye
The Beyonder VS Mxyzptlk
Legendary Super Saiyan Broly VS Super Perfect Cell
Aoshi Shinomori VS Saito Hajime
Samurai Jack VS Kenshin
Seijiro Hiko vs Hawkeye Mihawk

To name a few of the top of my head.

Edited by Asbel Lhant
  • Brohoof 1

Future Death Battles that we really need:

Aquaman VS Namor The Submariner

Green Arrow VS Hawkeye

The Beyonder VS Mxyzptlk

Legendary Super Saiyan Broly VS Super Perfect Cell

Aoshi Shinomori VS Saito Hajime

Samurai Jack VS Kenshin

Seijiro Hiko vs Hawkeye Mihawk

To name a few of the top of my head.

The only ones I can criticize:

Aquaman VS Namor

Aquaman in a stomp. Aquaman is way stronger, even if Namor was in the water. Namor in the water can stalemate Hulk. Aquaman without being in the water already stalemates Superman,  a Superman holding his full power, though,.

Green Arrow VS Hawkeye

This one is difficult, but I'm going with GA, since Hawkeye is kind of hot blooded (in a young way, Arrow is also pretty hot blooded) and Arrow has superior strength and reflexes.

The Beyonder VS Mxyzptlk

Even though this one could be interesting to see in the comics, I fail to see how Mxy is even going to touch Beyonder. Mxy destroys universes for fun with his power, but Beyonder can destroy entire MULTIVERSES with a thought.

Broly VS Cell

This has already been stated multiple times. Most powerful version of Broly lost to a weaker version of Gohan Ssj2, who was, in his much stronger teenager version weakened by a single blast of SP Cell. Gohan was saved by his inner power, and the motivation of his father from heaven.Cell is not only stronger, but faster and FAR more intelligent, with many more abilities and attacks, against clumsy Broly who isn't that much experienced or destructive. He's just crazy.

Edited by Darker

The only ones I can criticize:

Aquaman VS Namor

Aquaman in a stomp. Aquaman is way stronger, even if Namor was in the water. Namor in the water can stalemate Hulk. Aquaman without being in the water already stalemates Superman,  a Superman holding his full power, though,.

Green Arrow VS Hawkeye

This one is difficult, but I'm going with GA, since Hawkeye is kind of hot blooded (in a young way, Arrow is also pretty hot blooded) and Arrow has superior strength and reflexes.

The Beyonder VS Mxyzptlk

Even though this one could be interesting to see in the comics, I fail to see how Mxy is even going to touch Beyonder. Mxy destroys universes for fun with his power, but Beyonder can destroy entire MULTIVERSES with a thought.

Broly VS Cell

This has already been stated multiple times. Most powerful version of Broly lost to a weaker version of Gohan Ssj2, who was, in his much stronger teenager version weakened by a single blast of SP Cell. Gohan was saved by his inner power, and the motivation of his father from heaven.Cell is not only stronger, but faster and FAR more intelligent, with many more abilities and attacks, against clumsy Broly who isn't that much experienced or destructive. He's just crazy.

True. And I also honestly think Samurai Jack could beat Kenshin. I mean Kenshin is just a normal human Samurai but Jack is superhumanly powerful...He can jump much higher than and run much faster than any normal human...In real life nobody would fuck with him...and he is overall much more skilled than Kenshin. Kenshin can only wield a sword but Jack knows martial arts and how to wield a bow and arrow and other weapons. Plus he has a magic indestructible sword whereas Kenshin only has a normal sword. And the blade is reversed so he wouldn't even be able to cut Jack with it unless he turned it around. And Jack would be able to just break Kenshin's sword with a hard swing like how he attempted to do against the Scotsman. Jack would MURDER Kenshin...

But it would still be an interesting fight to see.

Oh and how bout:

Discord VS Mxyzptlk

Underdog VS Krypto The Superdog

Deadpool VS Deathstroke

Hercule Satan VS Dan Hibiki

Naruto VS Monkey D Luffy

Edited by Asbel Lhant

True. And I also honestly think Samurai Jack could beat Kenshin. I mean Kenshin is just a normal human Samurai but Jack is superhumanly powerful...He can jump much higher than and run much faster than any normal human...In real life nobody would fuck with him...and he is overall much more skilled than Kenshin. Kenshin can only wield a sword but Jack knows martial arts and how to wield a bow and arrow and other weapons. Plus he has a magic indestructible sword whereas Kenshin only has a normal sword. And the blade is reversed so he wouldn't even be able to cut Jack with it unless he turned it around. And Jack would be able to just break Kenshin's sword with a hard swing like how he attempted to do against the Scotsman. Jack would MURDER Kenshin...

But it would still be an interesting fight to see.

Oh and how bout:

Discord VS Mxyzptlk

Underdog VS Krypto The Superdog

Deadpool VS Deathstroke

Naruto VS Monkey D Luffy

Discord VS Mxyzptlk

Discord doesn't damage anyone and he's practically featless. His power is very restricted, since he's barely a planet-warper. He just warped reality in a country. God knows how many planets, galaxies and universes has Mxy created and destroyed for his own amusement. Massive godstomp on Mxy's favor.

Underdog VS Krypto

Krypto in the most bloody stomp from this list. Underdog is nothing to Krypto.

Deadpool VS Death Stroke

Deadpool in a stomp. Deadpool is immortal, so the fight is not fair, even though they're both equally skilled, Deadpool fights deadlier things than Death Stroke in the bathroom.

Dan Hibiki is one of the most pathetic characters in fictional history. Hercule has at least good feats, and a lot of strength. He is a meta-human after all. His pride is his only weakness, but he learned to control it after DBZ.

Naruto VS Luffy

I'm not that much experienced on Naruto, but I recall him throwing a 100 ton rhino and with his fox form he can destroy a small continent. Luffy stands no chance. Sad, because Naruto isn't that great in comparison with One Piece.

Edited by Darker

The only Death Battle that I'd really WANT to see would be the Galactic Empire from Star Wars vs. the United Federation of Planets from Star Trek...of course, more than likely it'd be a curbstomp win for the Empire just based on resources, territory, and overall power...

...but I'd still like to see it. :)

The only Death Battle that I'd really WANT to see would be the Galactic Empire from Star Wars vs. the United Federation of Planets from Star Trek...of course, more than likely it'd be a curbstomp win for the Empire just based on resources, territory, and overall power...

Star Wars VS Star Trek? AWESOME.

I agree though, massive stomp in SW favor.

Not really. They'll use canon evidence, and none of the comics, books, or games count (at least in SW, as stated by Lucas), so it'll be movies in SW and show/movies for Star Trek. Based on that, anything from DS9 to Nemesis, would stomp the crap out of SW based on movies.

Not really. They'll use canon evidence, and none of the comics, books, or games count (at least in SW, as stated by Lucas), so it'll be movies in SW and show/movies for Star Trek. Based on that, anything from DS9 to Nemesis, would stomp the crap out of SW based on movies.

I dunno; I mean they used references from Dragonball GT & some movies for the Superman/Goku fight, so..I don't see why they wouldn't use them.