Starve to death or drown (to death)?

iDashingRainbow

Starve or Drown?  

101 users have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Starve
    • Drown

Both ways sound pretty awful. I wouldn’t want a drawn out painful death by starvation, and drowning sounds pretty bad. But since both suck, I’d have to go with the quicker of the two. So drowning it is.

• Brohoof 1

I'd stick to quicker death. Drowning sounds awful, especially that feeling when you desperate for air and inhale but the feeling doesn't go away and water goes in your lungs (once read an article about death by drowning). But an average person can live without food for about a week and it's constant suffering (but you'd probably die earlier because of dehydration)

• Brohoof 1

Starving all the way. Drowning is way too scary. I've had asthma pretty bad before and had a near-death experience with it so I'm familiar with the struggle of not being able to breathe. It's gotta be the worst thing I've ever gone through. I've gone hungry many times and it's not too hard to get used to so I could see myself going all the way if I had to.

I almost drowned once, I can't say that this is the same experience other people have in fact I believe it's a lot more frantic. But once I was stuck underwater at a pool and I remember being super comfortable underwater, and I was under for quite a while. I don't remember how long though, all I remember is feeling like I was falling asleep, and right before I drifted away to sleep someone grabbed me. It was far more comforting than when I'm super hungry at the end of a day so I can't imagine starving seriously

On 8/4/2020 at 4:32 AM, Petrus said:

I almost drowned once, I can't say that this is the same experience other people have in fact I believe it's a lot more frantic. But once I was stuck underwater at a pool and I remember being super comfortable underwater, and I was under for quite a while. I don't remember how long though, all I remember is feeling like I was falling asleep, and right before I drifted away to sleep someone grabbed me. It was far more comforting than when I'm super hungry at the end of a day so I can't imagine starving seriously

Probably not the same experience for all, but terrible neither the less. I am glad you survived.

Also, if someone grabbed you that easily, you were probably not that old? Maybe you don't remember?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Drowning 100%. Starving yourself to death would be long and drawn out. What starts happening to your body when you start to get really underweight is pretty scary. 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

You might think that drowning would be not as painful, but I'm not so sure about it. It's quicker but your body goes through quite some shock while it happens. Starving takes much longer but as far as I understand the hunger feeling stops after some days and one body gets weaker and weaker without a shock. But I'm not sure about it, I never had experience either of it. I never want to. Therefore both options seems equally bad to me.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you know what happens to your body when you are literally starving? I've heard some things about it and it sounds really terrible. Drowning is really terrible too but it doesn't happen over several days, it happens in minutes.