Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

pocketshotgun

Hello!

So recently I have been thinking about some ideas that would be really cool for an episode (I think they would) but considering it is 10000000000000 to 1 any of them would actually be an episode I think they would do quite well as fanfictions.

But, my question is: What do you guys/girls think would be cool for a fan fiction? (I'm not talking about R34 stuff although that is ok too)

Personally I think some cool ideas are:

When Celestia said she had use for Discord's magic if he could be reformed. It would be cool to see Discord go on quests or something for the princess's.

What if Discord was not the only "Spirit" what if all elements, or forces of nature had a spirit and the only one we have seen is Discord's?

It would be cool to see a fan fiction that ties together all of the main villians from 1000 years ago, i.e. Discord, NMM, Sombra, and Tirek.

• Brohoof 1

I like your ideas,  and I think they'd make for some cool fanfiction.  

As for what people like,  I look at it this way: it is utterly impossible to write a story EVERYONE will love.  Write about what interests you.

If you like grimdark or alternate character interpretations,  write that.

If you like R34, write that.

If you like alternate universe storylines, write that.

If you simply want to retell an episode from another character's point of view,  write that.

No matter what you write, somepony will love it, somepony will hate it, so write the story you want to tell.  If it becomes a huge smash and well known, awesome. If not, you'll still be able to look at it 10 or 15 years later and think "I created this because it mattered to me."  It probably still will.  (I actually speak from experience with those numbers.)  

Good luck!

• Brohoof 1

It would be cool to see a fan fiction that ties together all of the main villians from 1000 years ago, i.e. Discord, NMM, Sombra, and Tirek.

I am currently writing a fanfic which is a crossover with one of my favourite Disney films, but will show the beginnings of three of the above villains.

It will be set roughly 1000 years prior to the events of Friendship is Magic. There will be a threat to Equestria from the main villain (who is none of the above), but Celestia will be reluctant to leave Canterlot as she thinks her sister would use the opportunity to seize more power, so it will be up to the protagonist (and her friends) to save Equestria. A young Prince Sombra will have a small cameo. And a recent battle (that happened several years before the events of the story) against Tirek and his centaur minions will also play a role in the plot.

I've got a prologue written, and the beginning of chapter 1. Anyone interested in pre-reading and discussing it, please PM me.

One of my personal plot bunnies was if Surprise from G1 had ended up becoming Celestia, and of course comes the journey of +1000 years that turned the white Pinkie into a wise, serene ruler. Of course, that comes with its own plot hiccups. Luna is the big one, as I'm not sure how she'd fit into Surprise's backstory.

Another plot idea is set  in medias res. Rarity had been spirited away by a rampant spell of Twilight's (an often used plot device, but whatevs) for a number a year and is assumed dead. She returns, but isn't the Rarity they remember. She had been transported to the world of Warhammer 40k, spesifically the forge world of Mars and thankfully she had ended up in a human body. After spending half a decade among the humans, and the Adeptus Mechanicus, Rarity has returned as Equestria's first Enginseer.

The real meat of this fic would be Rarity trying to pick of the peices of her life after seeing so much violence and feeling that dressmaking is frivolous. She had made weapons to defend innocent worlds, armor for fearless warriors who battled unforgiving horrors, and all without her magic. She would have returned to Equestria feeling incredibly smaller, without a greater purpose and maybe not the same creative spark she had before, and has to reinvent herself.

• Brohoof 2

One of my personal plot bunnies was if Surprise from G1 had ended up becoming Celestia, and of course comes the journey of +1000 years that turned the white Pinkie into a wise, serene ruler. Of course, that comes with its own plot hiccups. Luna is the big one, as I'm not sure how she'd fit into Surprise's backstory.

Another plot idea is set  in medias res. Rarity had been spirited away by a rampant spell of Twilight's (an often used plot device, but whatevs) for a number a year and is assumed dead. She returns, but isn't the Rarity they remember. She had been transported to the world of Warhammer 40k, spesifically the forge world of Mars and thankfully she had ended up in a human body. After spending half a decade among the humans, and the Adeptus Mechanicus, Rarity has returned as Equestria's first Enginseer.

The real meat of this fic would be Rarity trying to pick of the peices of her life after seeing so much violence and feeling that dressmaking is frivolous. She had made weapons to defend innocent worlds, armor for fearless warriors who battled unforgiving horrors, and all without her magic. She would have returned to Equestria feeling incredibly smaller, without a greater purpose and maybe not the same creative spark she had before, and has to reinvent herself.

That is actually a really good idea, I am not too sure about being transported to warhammers world (I have never actually played the game) but I think it can be dangerous to plant a character in another world like that, but I love the idea of them being changed by realistic things, one of my favorite things about the show is seeing each of the mane 6's reaction to different things but we never see them react to horrible things like war (for obvious reasons I'm sure)

For example twilight always seems to either have a solution or find one in like 30 seconds and it is almost always love or something, It would be interesting seeing her change over time and how she would react when there was no perfect solution.

• Brohoof 1

That is actually a really good idea, I am not too sure about being transported to warhammers world (I have never actually played the game) but I think it can be dangerous to plant a character in another world like that, but I love the idea of them being changed by realistic things, one of my favorite things about the show is seeing each of the mane 6's reaction to different things but we never see them react to horrible things like war (for obvious reasons I'm sure)

For example twilight always seems to either have a solution or find one in like 30 seconds and it is almost always love or something, It would be interesting seeing her change over time and how she would react when there was no perfect solution.

Well, warhammer was just an example. It could be her ending up in some other series, Halo for example, but it could be something made up entirely and have the same effect. I just used the Enginseer idea because they're what I know, it would involve radical alterations of Rarity's person in order to survive (not just mental, but physical too, as Enginseers are cyborgs).

This could almost be seen as PTSD, but I think it hits worst with Rarity more so than the other 5. Applejack's very levelheaded, but her stubborness can get in the way. Pinkie's... Pinkie. Twilight almost always seems on the edge of a nervous breakdown, too easy. Fluttershy? Also too easy. Rainbow might actually fit in with a military situation. But Rarity? Her personality is set so distant from violence, and she tries to act so prim and proper it really would be the hardest on her. It's that journey that I'd like to see.

Cue 20 pages of her whining, but then comes the point where she learns to overcome adversity. =3

• Brohoof 1