Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Allow users to be "hidden"

Mouse

So we all like to stalk people's profiles, right? But we want to do so undetected, right? Well, if we allow users to log in anonymously, we can.

Okay, that sounded kind of creepy, but really, allowing members to be hidden would be neat. Basically, while hidden a member will not show up as one of the members viewing a topic and every time they visit a profile other people won't be able to see that they did. Also, they never show up as "online", and their last online time in their profile is always "private". People can still visit their profile though by clicking on their names in posts, and staff can still see them as if they were non-hidden.

This is a feature that is implemented on other forums that run on this same software, so it'd probably be really easy to implement here.

• Brohoof 3

I'm pretty sure that we can already do that.  I've never actually done it before, so I can't tell you how (nor do I have the time to look it up now), but I've definitely seen profiles where in the 'Last Active' section, it says that they're browsing anonymously.  Sorry that I can't be more helpful than that though...

• Brohoof 1

The "Log In Anonymously" option is not possible with Poniverse's login system,sadly. Before,it was possible,but when the login system changed,the option became inaccesible for normal users.

And about why are there some members that are logged as "Private" is because Adminstrators can manually turn on the Hidden option,but I don't know how that works if you request them to be logged on anonymously,or even if it can be requested.

• Brohoof 3

The "Log In Anonymously" option is not possible with Poniverse's login system,sadly. Before,it was possible,but when the login system changed,the option became inaccesible for normal users.

And about why are there some members that are logged as "Private" is because Adminstrators can manually turn on the Hidden option,but I don't know how that works if you request them to be logged on anonymously,or even if it can be requested.

I know one person who had to request to be hidden once so I can give a bit more light here, I think. In serious cases, for example connected to real life administration can manually turn on anonymous logging in. But I doubt they would do it without good reason. 

Also... I think polish forum which looks almost same to mlpforums has option to log in anonymously for everyone. But here I am not an expert so it is possible that in fact both forums work differently :P 

• Brohoof 1

MLP Forums started with several login features that were removed to support the Poniverse log in page. Lightwing is correct.

Eventually all sister sites (Equestria.TV, Pony.FM, Ponyroleplay, etc) will share a single log in page.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...