Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

(edited)

Surprised no pony is talking about Strong Style Evolved from last Sunday. 

I'd say it's a mixed bag. 

The bad:

• Inconsistent production, audio issues, and poor camera work plagued the show. 
  • JR and Josh Barnett need to work on their act. They're a poor man's Don Callis and Kevin Kelly. 
  • First half was lack luster. Not bad, but not remarkable. 
  • First match had more than a few botches and miscues. 
  • Second match was too short. 
  • Fourth match had a rushed ending. 

The good:

• Lance Archer is a sold heel and workhorse.
  • Toru Yano is over in america. 
  • Liger/Osprey was a solid match. Amazing Liger can still go in his old age.
  • The main event tag was both a nice preview for Okada/ZSJ this weekend, a stiff showcase for Ishii/Suzuki, and an overall nice sample of strong style for the live crowd. 
  • White/Hangman was a solid title match and showed positive strides for The switchblade as a singles wrestler. 
  • 10 man tag was a competent show case for all involved, if not a little rushed.
  • Young Bucks vs Golden lovers. This match. Just. Wow. Not only an incredible physical match, but an amazing display of character work and ring psychology. A MOTY contender. 

Conclusion: this was not a perfect show and the AXS TV either need to lend more support or get the hell out of the way. Production wise, this was not on par with your standard NJPW show. This wasn't even on par with your standard Ring Of Honor show. Same issues as last year. But the last half of the broadcast delivered and is a testament to both the caliber of the athletes and the long term story being told. 

Hopefully the issues are resolved when NJPW makes it's next trip to the states. Which will be July 7th at the COw Palace in San Fransisco, the same building where Eddie Guerrero won the WWE title. An 11,000 seater at least. And judging by how fast the Walter Pyramid sold out, New Japan may very well become the first non-WWE wrestling fed to host a 10K wrestling show in 18 years. 

What did you all think of strong style evolved? 

Edited by Denim&Venom

(edited)

Who else loved those Braun Strowman Vs. Big Show matches?

Strowman obviously won, but Show still looked strong as well (for being the closest thing to an even match for him).

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, A.V. said:

Which move would you dread having to sell, the most?

For me, Rikishi's Stinkface (enough said).

Either the Curbstomp or the Tombstone

Spoiler

Or anything from the notoriously stiff Ryback

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Okay, the most important weekend in wrestling is here, and so is the most vital event of the year.

So,

What are everyponies predictions for Super card of honor XII? 

Me thinks Dalton Catle retains the ROH world title against Marty Scurl and Cody defeats Kenny Omega with schecanery from Brandi Rhodes. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

NXT Takeover - New Orleans 

Spoiler

The 6 man Ladder Match for the NXT N. America Championship title, that was actually the best match IMO. The crazy moves they did to one another and stuff. Also, congrats to Adam Cole for winning the title too.

Next up, is the Dusty Rhodes Tag team classic. The end caught me off guard with Strong betraying Dunne and joins the Undisputed Era.

Lastly, Aleister Black vs. Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas. Best moment ever as Black becomes the new NXT champion. Congrats to the Dutch Destroyer FTW. Not gonna lie, I was happy AF, and almost went to tears when Black got the W. :pinkie:

Edited by We_R_VeNoM
  • Brohoof 2

On one hand, I'm super-excited for Styles vs Nakamura at WrestleMania! :squee:

Then, I remember this is WWE so, it'll probably be given ten minutes including entrances...:sunny:

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

On one hand, I'm super-excited for Styles vs Nakamura at WrestleMania! :squee:

Then, I remember this is WWE so, it'll probably be given ten minutes including entrances...:sunny:

Nah, the first hour and a half will be dedicated to Triple H's entrance

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My reaction for the Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns match....

D6036D0C-B8C0-434B-92EE-8B16E42FBDB6.jpeg.ac7da1a546ec9198bda1991b1321ea6d.jpeg

Mostly just German suplexes, Spears, Superman punches, and F5s. No other wrestling moves. Yeah, definitely gonna be sticking to NXT, NJPW, and ROH from here on out. >_>

Edited by We_R_VeNoM

There's a shock--Brock Lesnar with another phoned in performance at WrestleMania

Seriously, what are they gaining from having a champion who never shows up and clearly doesn't care? He's going back to UFC soon anyway

My thoughts for WrestleMania 34

First, I'll start with the pre-show

Spoiler

1. Andre the giant memorial battle Royal:

WHAT? WHY? DID GOLDUST DAB? YOU DO NOT DO THAT I HATE DABBING!

Sorry about that, I'm just angry that someone dab and I hate dabbing, Because for that, I hate Goldust now.

Thank God Dolph Ziggler eliminated him

Matt Hardy won, Nice

2. Cruiserweight Championship match

One of the best Pre-show match ever, Congratulations Cedric Alexander for becoming a new Cruiserweight championship

3. Women's battle Royal

Naomi won the battle Royal, I thought Bayley had won but nope.

*NOTICE*

since we've just had a massive amount of wrestling and are gonna continue to get even more wrestling over the next few days, i'm issuing a blanket spoiler ban for the next week. 

If you wanna talk, please spoiler everything.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

WRESTLEMANIA WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH SPOILER

Spoiler

Since, this match between Shinsuke Nakamura & AJ Styles was a match I was *really* excited for,

I was expecting something on the level of the "Once in a Lifetime" match between The Rock & John Cena from WrestleMania XXVIII

as far as crowd reaction was concerned.

What I ended up seeing felt like a WWE Championship match that didn't get a chance to really heat up due to the crowd being

exhausted after five or so hours of watching wrestling.

Now,

the match was "good" don't get me wrong, but it felt like something was missing from the equation to truly make it one of the

all-time great WrestleMania championship matches, IMO.

That being said,

I am interested to see the direction WWE goes following Shinsuke Nakamura's heel turn during the post-match celebration. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

WRESTLEMANIA WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH SPOILER

Hide contents

Since, this match between Shinsuke Nakamura & AJ Styles was a match I was *really* excited for,

I was expecting something on the level of the "Once in a Lifetime" match between The Rock & John Cena from WrestleMania XXVIII

as far as crowd reaction was concerned.

What I ended up seeing felt like a WWE Championship match that didn't get a chance to really heat up due to the crowd being

exhausted after five or so hours of watching wrestling.

Now,

the match was "good" don't get me wrong, but it felt like something was missing from the equation to truly make it one of the

all-time great WrestleMania championship matches, IMO.

That being said,

I am interested to see the direction WWE goes following Shinsuke Nakamura's heel turn during the post-match celebration. 

Spoiler

That match wasn't even in the same universe as their Tokyo Dome classic. 

• Brohoof 1

Holy crap... what a Raw.

Spoiler

Bobby Lashley made his return, along with Samoa Joe and Jeff Hardy. The Authors of Pain and Ember Moon made their main roster debuts.

But with all these debuts came some very bad news. Paige retired after only 4 years, but a very impactful 4 years they were.

Also, for what it is worth Brock Lesnar DID resign to the WWE, through at least the "Greatest Ever Royal Rumble" event, where he faces Roman Reigns in a steel cage match for the WWE Universal Title.

• Brohoof 2

20 hours ago, A.V. said:

My reaction to Cena Vs. Undertaker:

Reveal hidden contents

Cena got Goldberg'd. :lol:

I dunno, I'm always down to see John Cena getting squashed

;)

That said, with what was done and said... is Undertaker still going? Because if he is, I can respect a man his age who's taken as many bumps as he had and still wants to do this. It really says a lot about what it means to him.

• Brohoof 2