Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

People are surprised Nakamura is turning out to be a good heel. Lest they forget that the modern King Of Strong Style gimmick was itself a heel turn. Nakamura was originally a straight laced MMA type, akin to guys like Shibata or Dan Severn. The million dollar rookie he was called. But fans weren't paying to see any more of MMA and wrestling getting mixed. So in the mid 00s he went on excursion to Mexico, learned character work, came back, began bad mouthing owner Antonio Inoki. Said he was gonna bring strong style back to a weak New Japan, and started using a stiff knee strike, the bombaye, taken from one of inoki's theme songs "Inoki. Bombaye." 

He, and the rest of his faction, Chaos, only became good guys cause bullet club and suzuki gun arrived.

So in a sense, things have come full circle.

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

People are surprised Nakamura is turning out to be a good heel. Lest they forget that the modern King Of Strong Style gimmick was itself a heel turn. Nakamura was originally a straight laced MMA type, akin to guys like Shibata or Dan Severn. The million dollar rookie he was called. But fans weren't paying to see any more of MMA and wrestling getting mixed. So in the mid 00s he went on excursion to Mexico, learned character work, came back, began bad mouthing owner Antonio Inoki. Said he was gonna bring strong style back to a weak New Japan, and started using a stiff knee strike, the bombaye, taken from one of inoki's theme songs "Inoki. Bombaye." 

He, and the rest of his faction, Chaos, only became God guys cause bullet club and suzuki gun arrived.

So in a sense, things have come full circle.

I see more potential in Nakamura as a heel rather than a face, but enough low blows. He's starting to look like Toru Yano with all the cheap shots he does. XD

• Brohoof 1

@Denim&Venom

"Do you think WWE's "Greatest Royal Rumble" on Friday will be worth anything in the end?"

I don't even think they've annouced what the winner will recieve if they win.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

15 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

"Do you think WWE's "Greatest Royal Rumble" on Friday will be worth anything in the end?"

I don't think so. Probably get awarded a trophy or a cash prize or something like that. No pony is calling it the road to SummerSlam. 

I'm more interested in NJPW's Road to Dontaku show that night. Yeah, it's mostly multi-man tag matches. But the title match of Hirooki Goto vs. Juice Robinson has a lot of hype behind it. 

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

Honestly I think they're just doing it for the sake of doing a big show for Saudi Arabia

But it sounds like a good show so I'm still for it

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

John Cena vs Triple H
The usual SuperCena shtick but a passable match nonetheless. Could have been better aside from the usual spot.

Cedric Alexander vs Kalisto
A great fast-paced match with a nice chemistry between the strong Alexander and the more agile Kalisto. Dat Springboard Spanish Fly variation tho.

Woken Matt Hardy & Woken Bray Wyatt vs The Bar ([Antonio] Cesaro vs Sheamus)
Eh, it was okay since The Bar always put great work in their matches. The "woken Couple" has still some development to do but they look promising enough, starting from adjusting their entrance which is mixed badly together. Sucks the ending was predictable.

Jeff Hardy vs Jinder Mahal
Possibly the worst match of the event. Boring, slowly paced and not really interesting despite one or two nice spots from Brother Nero. "Ginger" Mahal really dragged this one.

Bludgeon Brothers ([Luke] Harper & [Erick] Rowan) vs The Usos (Jimmy & Jey)
Typical "copy-paste" squash match from the BBs. Nice performance from the Usos but pretty short and predictable in general.

Ladder Match: The Miz vs Seth Rollins vs Samoa Joe vs Finn Balor
Had a lot of hype for this match, right from the stipulation from the wrestlers, all having great ring skills... and boy I wasn't disappointed. Great match (maybe a little too short), few but good spots, each superstar had their own dang moment and a nice story despite some goofs with the stairs. The finale was good on paper but it escalated way too quickly and ended up being anticlimatic.

AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura
I liked this one more than the WM34 match with Nakamura heel rather than face.
Basically a "vendetta match" instead of the "Wrestle Kingdom 10 dream match" we all hoped for. If it was written by Gedo, it would have been much longer and more intense.
Good match overall. Not disappointed with the double count out end. Makes sense with all the low blows Styles got this month.

The Undertaker vs [Alexander] Rusev (with Aiden English)
WAAAY better than the previous Undy match with John Cena. Taker actually fightsinstead of limiting to the signature moves, aside from a pretty early Old School, and the match, while short, does its job. That's how it was supposed to be on Wrestlemania 34, not that squash crap.

Steel Cage match: Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
To quote Michael Cole: "Are you kidding me?"
I expected a brutal match like with any other Lesnar match (besides Survivor Series 2017) and while they spammed the signatures/finishers like it's freaking "SmackDown: Here Comes The Pain", the finisher is total bullshit and ruined an otherwise decent match... if you're a sucker for hard-hittin' matches.
Fun fact: I counted 4 German Suplex, 2 F5s, 5 Superman Punches, 5 Spears and 4 chair shots as I drank beer with an empty stomach prior to the match.

Greatest Royal Rumble
Well, it's hard to judge such an ambitious RR match but in my opinion it was enjoyable. Aside from one or two joke entries like Hornswoggle, Hiroki "Who?" Sumi and Mike Kanellis, the card was interesting. I wish they could've used more NXT athletes other than Tucker Knight, Babatunda and Roderick Strong. I honestly rooted for Daniel Bryan during the course of the match but his elimination from Big Cass makes sense for their ongoing feud. As much as I like Strowman, I felt the winner choice is dubious.
I'm with Cole here. Titus O'Neil botch slip has got to be THE best moment of the Royal Rumble history along with Corey Graves dying from laughter. I laughed so hard myself at the replay so... :lol:

Overall...
For being a "sellout" PPV for the Saudi Arabia, this was a pretty good event. Even better than WrestleMania 34 if I say so myself.
The card was pretty hype, the matches themselves range from "Good" to "Sightly Decent" [with Hardy vs Mahal being the only stinker] and the GRR match was nicely paced despite having 50 entries. Didn't feel bored from watching it. It may as well be one of the contenders for best PPV of 2018 [excluding TakeOver: New Orleans]

• Brohoof 1

First i'd like to say congrats to Bryan danielson and rodderick strong on meeting I the ring for the first time in 10 years.

Second i'd like to congratulate Bryan on having his chest chopped to hamburger by Roddy.

Spoiler

hamburger.thumb.png.e84d9636b74deb1cbc46a251475574a9.png

Third:

Spoiler

I'd like to congratulate Bryan on breaking Rey Mysterio's record of being the longest lasting royal rumble performer at 76 minutes. 

• Brohoof 2

I had this dream, where the transformers from beast wars fought the digimon, and megatron was getting upset that no one was taking the battle seriously. 

That RD was leading vinyl and octavia across a stormy equestria that was causing everypony to act like either cats or lesbians. 

And that I got to watch Ronda rousey and Zack sabre jr. Vs. Asuka and shinsuke namamura, with the ghosts of minoru suzuki and yoshi hashi in the latter's corner. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

I had this dream, where the transformers from beast wars fought the digimon, and megatron was getting upset that no one was taking the battle seriously. 

That RD was leading vinyl and octavia across a stormy equestria that was causing everypony to act like either cats or lesbians. 

And that I got to watch Ronda rousey and Zack sabre jr. Vs. Asuka and shinsuke namamura, with the ghosts of minoru suzuki and yoshi hashi in the latter's corner. 

You should take this down, Vince might see it and get ideas

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

You should take this down, Vince might see it and get ideas

Let him, since he can't come up with any good ones on his own.

• Brohoof 2

So lots of developments this weekend.

New member of the bullet club.

Spoiler

The new Bone Soldier: Taiji Ishimori. 

Taiji-Ishimori-X-Division-Champion.jpg

Naito is fighting a familiar face.

Spoiler

chris-jericho-new-japan.jpg?quality=95&w=650

And a legendary rivalry gets to continue on one more time. 

Spoiler

Related image

In a no time limit, 2/3 falls match. 

• Brohoof 3

Season Two of being the Elite has officially begun! 

Also I just realized that The Bullet Club has now lasted longer than the nWo. Bullet Club has been around for 5 years straight. nWo was around for roughly 3 years 9 months in WCW (Bash at the Beach '96 to Uncensored '00) and 5 months in WWE (No Way Out to Global Warning). 

5 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

nWo was around for roughly 3 years 9 months in WCW (Bash at the Beach '96 to Uncensored '00) and 5 months in WWE (No Way Out to Global Warning). 

There was never a period without the nWo being present in WCW from 1996 to 2000? Wow. :o

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 06/05/2018 at 7:49 AM, Denim&Venom said:

So lots of developments this weekend.

New member of the bullet club.

Reveal hidden contents

Naito is fighting a familiar face.

Hide contents

chris-jericho-new-japan.jpg?quality=95&w=650

Spoiler

I wonder why Jericho looks like he's slowly turning into Marilyn Manson

I think it's safe to say Rollins vs Miz was match of the night at Backlash last night

Edited by Unicorncob

8 hours ago, Unicorncob said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wonder why Jericho looks like he's slowly turning into Marilyn Manson

Hide contents

I think it's safe to say Rollins vs Miz was match of the night at Backlash last night

Spoiler

That doesn't exactly bode well for the rest of the show.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/6/2018 at 3:19 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Season Two of being the Elite has officially begun! 

Spoiler

My favortie part of this was the Black Machismo/Lanny Poffo stuff. ^_^

• Brohoof 1