Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

I can't wait to see Jeff back in WWE, hopefully he'll go back to SmackDown. He was practically ruling it back in 2008

As for Matt, I think he should go back to Ring of Honour. I remember he was really hot there

That or return to WCPW

I am really not sure why Matt would go to New Japan. Japanese fans have completly different standards when it comes to wrestling as any other fans in this world. I am not sure if his broken gimmick can get over there.

Maybe he should stay in the states.

I DO KNOW though. That he obviously is friends with the Young Bucks from the Bullet Club. Maybe the Jacksons have told him to come to Japan.

• Brohoof 2

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

img-31596-1-img-31596-1-msg-34233-0-90052000-1465262037.jpg

Thank you Randimaxis for this Wonderful Avatar. smile.png

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

I am really not sure why Matt would go to New Japan. Japanese fans have completly different standards when it comes to wrestling as any other fans in this world. I am not sure if his broken gimmick can get over there.

Maybe he should stay in the states.

I DO KNOW though. That he obviously is friends with the Young Bucks from the Bullet Club. Maybe the Jacksons have told him to come to Japan.

Then again, nobody expected the Broken gimmick to go over in general, so we never know

Maybe he'll join or oppose Bullet Club?

• Brohoof 1

img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-img-31802-1-2m4ommo.jpg

Signature by @J.R.

Equestrian Empire's current Party Pony!

Then again, nobody expected the Broken gimmick to go over in general, so we never know

Maybe he'll join or oppose Bullet Club?

Well, i am not a fan of Matts gimmick like i said before. But i am a huge fan of the Bullet Club. So that would lead to some conflicting issues. :P

• Brohoof 2

My OC Mesme Rize: >https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mesme-rize-r8777

Please, don't be afraid to talk to me. I am not as unapproachable, as you might think.

(edited)

Lucha underground woud be more Matt's taste. If he does give Njpw a shot, joining Naito in L.I.J would be best. I'm not totally sure about Roh. He seemed out of place as far as style, being out shown by the likes of Adam Cole and Jay Briscoe. Heck the twist of fate looked like a set up move compared to the Roh match enders.

Update: check out what Saberspark just posted 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

DENIMVENOM.jpg.044401b86728c9eacc741b8d13926f4e.jpg

After waiting for longer then we usually do, the Wrestling Observer News Awards have been finally posted, crowning the best and worst in Wrestling of 2016.

For those who don't know, the WON is being held every year by Dave Meltzer (who i like to call big money Meltzer. :P) and is being voted by Wrestlers, Wrestling Journalists and subscribers of the observer.

I will go down the list and make some comments about them.

The Lou Thesz/Ric Flair award for Best Wrestler

AJ Styles (AJ wasn't my first choice, because i would have voted for Okada. But there is no denying, that AJs year in the WWE was phenomenal (no pun intended) as he always busting his butt off everytime he goes into the ring. Again, not my first choice, but one i can live with.)

Most Outstanding Wrestler:

AJ Styles (That one i can understand, because he really is the best pure Wrestler on the planet right now. He always tries to bring the best out of his opponents, which can best be seen in his match against Cena at Summerslam, which is the best WWE Match of last year. Well deserved.)

Biggest Box office Draw:

Connor Mcgregor (No contest here. I don't like this Leprechaun, but there is no denying that people buy the UFC PPVs when he has a fight. Lesnar was also big again, but even he can't compare to Mcgregor.)

Biggest Feud:

Connor Mcgregor vs. Nate Diaz (There is no denying that there was no hotter feud last year then this. The fights weren't that great in itself, but feuds are sometimes measured by buildup alone and that one had alot of it.)

Best Tag Team:

The Young Bucks (For the third time in a row, The Young Bucks show why they currently own the world of Tag Team Wrestling. They are great workers, funny and incredibly charismatic.)

Most Improved:

Matt Riddle (Can not say alot about him. I do know he works alot at Evolve and PWG, but i didn't had alot of chances to see him work.)

Best on Interviews:

Connor Mcgregor (The Miz was actually my number one choice. Mcgregor for me is just a loud mouth and someone who believes in his own hype. He is the Christiano Ronaldo of MMA.)

Most Charismatic:

Connor Mcgregor (While he certainly is charismatic, he mostly did it through his words. Nakamura on the other hand, dosen't need to say much and he still oozes more charisma then Mcgregor. Try to top that.)

Bryan Danielson Award for best Technical Wrestler:

Zack Sabre Jr. (Also won it now for the third time in a row. I think he could become the next Kurt Angle if he improves even more. I wonder if it's true that he goes to New Japan.)

Bruiser Brody Award for Best Brawler:

Tomohiro Ishii (Also won it for the third time.)

Best flying Wrestler:

Will Ospreay (I knew it would be either him or Ricochet. Both guys who started the trend of the "flippy shit" catchphrase, with one of the most controversial wrestling match of the last few years. Eitherway, Ospreay deserves it.)

Most Overrated:

Roman Reigns (A man who has been pushed to the moon, without any sort of reason. He has no character, he is shit on the mic and he is mediocre as a Wrestler. Not even AJ Styles was able to put him over.)

Moster Underrated:

Cesaro (For the fourth time, Cesaro is winning the award. He is clearly over with the fans, is a genuine cool guy and is one of the biggest Talent in WWE. Problem is, Vince for some reason dosen't like him. #Pushcesaro)

Promotion of the year:

New Japan Pro Wrestling (There is no contender for me. From the weekly shows, to the PPVs and the Tournaments that they hold, New Japan is the place to go to, if you want to watch the best in Wrestling.)

Best Weekly TV Show:

New Japan Pro Wrestling: World Pro Wrestling (It was a toss up for me between World Pro Wrestling and Smackdown. But i can live with this choice.)

Wrestling Match of the Year:

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada at Wrestle Kingdom 10 (Yeah, i am okay with that. I was actually expecting the 6 man tag at PWG battle for los angeles, but this is a great choice too.)

Rookie of the Year:

Matt Riddle (Like i said, can't say alot about him.)

Best Non-Wrestler:

Dario Cueto (Can't really agree with that. I would've picked Daniel Bryan, mostly for his feud stuff with the Miz. Maybe it's just the fact that i was a bit dissapointed by Lucha Underground recently.)

Best TV Announcer:

Mauro Renallo (Some people say that he is not the same anymore since he came to WWE. I disagree. I really enjoyed him, especially his coverage of the CWC tournament last Summer. He is the announcer that WWE needs.)

Worst TV Announcer:

David Otunga (Why does he still have a Job? This guy has no reason to be an announcer. Everytime i listen to him, my Insomnia is cured. Josh Matthews can be lucky that Otunga is still calling smackdown, otherwise i would've picked him.)

Best Major Wrestling Show:

Wrestle Kingdom 10 (No contest. A card that was stacked with great matches and that delivered in everyway. next year award is already reserved for WK11)

Worst Major Wrestling Show:

Wrestlemania 32 (This is the first time in the WON 37 year history, a Wrestlemania gets this award and you can only hope that the WWE takes this to heart. What they served to the fans, was a debacle.)

Best Wrestling Maneuver:

One Winged Angel by Kenny Omega (I could explain it, but instead i make an obvious joke)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MW65XxS7s

Worst Television Show:

WWE Raw (The brand split has shown even more, what a shit show Raw actually is. No character progression, no coherent story development, main events that end in shit finishes and Romanwinslol.)

Worst Match of the year:

Shelly Martinez vs. Rebel at TNA One Night Only: Knockouts Knockdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQorCjgVWYY

(I could've not explained it better.)

Worst feud of the Year:

Titus O'Neil vs. Darren Young (Did anybody even give a shit? I even forgot that they had a feud.)

Worst Promotion of the Year:

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (And for the 10th time in a row, TNA gets this award. We can rename this award the "TNA Award for worst promotion")

Best Booker:

Gedo (This guy is the reason why New Japan is so great. He has the brain to book and was a former Wrestler himself. I hope he continues for years to come.)

Best Promoter:

Dana White (for the second time in a row and 11th time total. Dana White is to MMA what Vince Mcmahon is to Pro Wrestling, in that they both made their sports mainstream. Will be interesting to see what happens to UFC now, since Dana sold it recently.)

Best Gimmick:

Broken Matt Hardy (Well, i am a bit bias since i don't get it. But there is no denying that Matt is over as hell. If it was for me though, i would've picked Bobby Roode for best Gimmick.)

Worst Gimmick:

Bone Soldier (Bone Soldier was always odd for me in the bullet club. Considering he was formerly Captain New Japan, a comedy relief wrestler. He just dosen't work in the Bullet Club, considering you are supposed to take them seriously.)

Best Pro Wrestling DVD:

WWE 24: Seth Rollins (Redesign, Rebuild, Reclaim) (I found it a nice documentary, seeing Seth Rollins recovering from his injuries while talking about his old Wrestling fan stories and that he actually faced AJ Styles at the age of 18. But i thought the scott hall documentary was better, because it had alot more emotions.)

There you have it. :)

• Brohoof 3

It's really no surprise that RAW has just become Roman Always Wins

I personally love Mauro, his energy is really refreshing and you can tell he's really getting into the action

Unlike David "I would much rather be flexing in Carlton cosplay" Otunga

#MyVag

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

C59PbEDVUAApzdt.jpg

Nothing says loltna more, then giving a WWE castoff, who just spend time in an austrian prison a few months ago your world title on day 1. The absolute state of this company.

• Brohoof 2

sig-4824401.C59PbEDVUAApzdt.jpg

Nothing says loltna more, then giving a WWE castoff, who just spend time in an austrian prison a few months ago your world title on day 1. The absolute state of this company.

Whooaaa when did he get there? :wacko: Wasn't he on WCPW?

Apparently Jack Swagger signed on with TNA, and Zeb Colter became head of creative

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

It seems like TNA as a name is dead now. Last night, we saw Cody coming out with a Global Force Wrestling Belt and the name TNA wasn't mentioned once, with the show just being called Impact Wrestling.

Bruce Prichard also shat on the last few years, pretty much burying everything, saying that they watched an inferior product.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Looks like Randy Orton is taking on AJ Styles next Tuesday for the no. 1 contender spot at Mania

So either they put off announcing the Orton/Wyatt match to build up a feud, or they just royally screwed up and this is them trying to fix it

Knowing WWE Creative's track record, I'm willing to guess the latter

Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

(edited)

sig-4824401.C59PbEDVUAApzdt.jpg

Huh. That's a bit of a surprise. Last I heard on yesterdays Wrestletalk update, talks between the two fell apart due to the sudden management shift. 

Looks like Randy Orton is taking on AJ Styles next Tuesday for the no. 1 contender spot at Mania

So either they put off announcing the Orton/Wyatt match to build up a feud, or they just royally screwed up and this is them trying to fix it

Knowing WWE Creative's track record, I'm willing to guess the latter

Sounds like they're till trying to build towards Styles/Shane. I don't know why. Shane was never a great wrestler, even in his prime.  But if anyone can pull a great match out of him, it's Styles.

Though I hope they go the route of Shane/Bryan choosing an opponent for Styles. Perhaps an NXT call up. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

DENIMVENOM.jpg.044401b86728c9eacc741b8d13926f4e.jpg

Sounds like they're till trying to build towards Styles/Shane. I don't know why. Shane was never a great wrestler, even in his prime.  But if anyone can pull a great match out of him, it's Styles.

Though I hope they go the route of Shane/Bryan choosing an opponent for Styles. Perhaps an NXT call up. 

Shane's alright, imo. Not outstanding or anything, but he can do some good spots

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

(edited)

@@Denim&Venom,

I hope that if Shane McMahon & AJ Styles face each other at WrestleMania they'll be able to top

Shane McMahon vs Kurt Angle at King of the Ring 2001 because, that is my favorite match of Shane's so far.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

IMG_0073.jpeg.23b4b3ca0c687c68e46b517e4fdbe26a.jpeg

It seems like TNA as a name is dead now. Last night, we saw Cody coming out with a Global Force Wrestling Belt and the name TNA wasn't mentioned once, with the show just being called Impact Wrestling.

Bruce Prichard also shat on the last few years, pretty much burying everything, saying that they watched an inferior product.

Dixie may be deposed (Finally!), but the damage is still done (sadly).

• Brohoof 2

Dixie may be deposed (Finally!), but the damage is still done (sadly).

Hopefully Zeb Colter in charge of creative can salvage something out of it somewhat

I've heard that Jack Swagger is making his way there too, though considering how they handled Drew Galloway, I'm not exactly dreading seeing The All American American on Impact

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

Hopefully Zeb Colter in charge of creative can salvage something out of it somewhat

I've heard that Jack Swagger is making his way there too, though considering how they handled Drew Galloway, I'm not exactly dreading seeing The All American American on Impact

Loved those 2 as a heel team back in WWE.

"WE! THE PEOPLE!"

• Brohoof 2

Loved those 2 as a heel team back in WWE.

"WE! THE PEOPLE!"

I still love how Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter wanted to peacefully unite America and Mexico, and Vince decided that was a heel motive

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

WHAT IS SACK JAGGER DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE? :P

going away from that a bit...

I know it seems a bit random for saying that and a bit late. But the fact that Ryback actually believes that he could work a 5 star match with Kenny Omega, is an insult and just proves the fact how delusional this no talent guy is.

Go to Impact if you want. New Japan dosen't need you.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I still love how Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter wanted to peacefully unite America and Mexico, and Vince decided that was a heel motive

And Colter also recruited Cesaro, out of respect for his willingness to become a registered citizen, work hard, etc.

ZOMG, SUCH HEELS!1!1!1

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

I know it seems a bit random for saying that and a bit late. But the fact that Ryback actually believes that he could work a 5 star match with Kenny Omega, is an insult and just proves the fact how delusional this no talent guy is.

Go to Impact if you want. New Japan dosen't need you.

He more or less broke CM Punk, he should go to CZW or something if it's still around

Speaking of The Ryback, he had his name legally changed to Ryback so he could keep using it outside WWE

I'm not kidding

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.

He more or less broke CM Punk, he should go to CZW or something if it's still around

Speaking of The Ryback, he had his name legally changed to Ryback so he could keep using it outside WWE

I'm not kidding

first, on a sidenote, why was curtis axel dropped after he lost the IC title? Punk is right. They should've elevated him more, because he had alot of talent.

Now, the thing with Ryback is that, he has the same problem that Bret Hart does, that being that he is his own biggest mark. The difference is, Bret Hart can atleast backup what he says, considering the great matches he had in his career, Ryback thinks that he is good and he says he got offers from TNA, he could go to New Japan, he was training to be a UFC Fighter, he said Vince wanted to feed AJ Styles to him, etc.

This guy is the biggest comedian that runs around right now and his podcast is the place where he throws out all of his jokes and people believe his shit just because he was fired by WWE.

It's true. WWE screwed over talent from time to time (see Cody Rhodes as a recent example) But Ryback is someone no one should cry over, because all he wants is attention and every Wrestling Promoter be it the big leagues, or a backyard promotion held in a garage, should never hire this guy.

Rant Over.

• Brohoof 2

first, on a sidenote, why was curtis axel dropped after he lost the IC title? Punk is right. They should've elevated him more, because he had alot of talent.

Now, the thing with Ryback is that, he has the same problem that Bret Hart does, that being that he is his own biggest mark. The difference is, Bret Hart can atleast backup what he says, considering the great matches he had in his career, Ryback thinks that he is good and he says he got offers from TNA, he could go to New Japan, he was training to be a UFC Fighter, he said Vince wanted to feed AJ Styles to him, etc.

This guy is the biggest comedian that runs around right now and his podcast is the place where he throws out all of his jokes and people believe his shit just because he was fired by WWE.

It's true. WWE screwed over talent from time to time (see Cody Rhodes as a recent example) But Ryback is someone no one should cry over, because all he wants is attention and every Wrestling Promoter be it the big leagues, or a backyard promotion held in a garage, should never hire this guy.

Rant Over.

The funniest thing is that he was never fired--he requested his release and WWE went "yeah alright"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by @J.R.